Offensive and disgusting list title

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By x_woman

One of the members here has a list with a title that is extremely sexist and vulgar, and I was wondering if anything could be done about it. In all honesty, it's been here for several years. And I've been coming across it now and then during that whole time. Every time I see it, it makes me want to puke. I'm surprised that no one has done anything about it. The person who made the list probably isn't even around any more. So I was wondering if the mods could change the title, and just leave off the last three words. That way it would say "72 of the sexiest ladies you don't want to mess with." That's descriptive enough.

Please don't tell me that nothing can be done about this. Some time ago, a few comments on one of my own lists were deleted by the mods here. The comments were a little racy, I guess. And I didn't ask questions. Anyway, someone obviously felt free to do some editing on one of my lists, and the comments weren't nearly as gross as the title of this thread here:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/taylove/lists/72-of-the-sexiest-ladies-you-dont-want-2-mess-with/8696/

Technically, this isn't a bug that I'm reporting. It's just something that bugs me., and I don't know where else to report it.

I really don't see where women's private bodily functions have a place on the title of a list. It's gross. Who wants to read about this stuff on a comic book site?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6f4064088f2
deactivated-5f6f4064088f2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kodaii: Thanks. But the guy hasn't been around for a long time, so if you PM him, you probably won't get an answer. Is it necessary to contact him?

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be great if I could get a reply from a mod.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@x_woman: I'm not a mod, but wouldn't just ignoring the list partially fix the problem? Yes, it's immature and not exactly what should be used on a site like this, but at the end of the day, the user could just change the list back or make another one. It'll end up being a vicious cycle.

Outside of a mod banning them, which is extreme, all they could do is change the name.

Have you tried messaging the user and expressing your opinion? Also, the list is nine years old and the user is no longer active by the looks. It's kinda pointless pushing this.

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: I can't ignore it. It's too disgusting. Whenever I run across it, it makes me cringe.

All I want is for the mods to fix the title. I know they can do stuff like that. Since the guy who made the list isn't around any more, he won't even know it happened.

Since he isn't around, messaging him probably wouldn't get an answer.

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By x_woman

@renchamp: Women are sick and tired of the stereotype about the cranky woman on her period. It's insulting, derogatory, and totally unfair. And periods are private stuff, too.

Anyway, what mod do you recommend I contact? I don't know who to talk to.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#10 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Can't speak for other mods, but outside of any opinion I whether or not this should be changed I'm not seeing an option to do so? So unless I'm missing something I'm not sure there's much we can do.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11 wildvine  Moderator

This issue has been resolved.