My posts are getting deleted for no reason.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#1  Edited By KrleAvenger

Yesterday I noticed that a handful of my posts have been deleted for no reason (they weren't inappropriate nor did I delete them). I called the mods to undelete them, and it was fine. Today I noticed few more of my posts being deleted for no reason. I called the mods again and they undeleted them. And like two hours ago, I noticed two more of my posts being deleted once again, the ones that I posted like four hours ago. And most of those posts of mine that are deleted are more recent ones. The ones I was posting last two weeks.

Any ideas?

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

that's because Comic Vine has finally had enough of you, and are slowly trying to remove you from the forums LOL

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3 cbishop  Online

@krleavenger: Are you deleting the pics from your profile's "Images" tab after you post them to the forum? If so, that will delete the pic in the forum post too. That used to not be the case, but it has been that way ever since one of the updates several years ago.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5 cbishop  Online

@krleavenger: Ah, okay, you mentioned scans- I thought you were talking pics. Sorry, I don't know what to do about deleted posts except contact mods, and you've done that.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger:

Must be a temporary glitch, but if you don't delete them from your wall (activity) they are not deleted in the threads...

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: The ones I couldn't see on pages, I couldn't see on threads I posted them on either. And to make it even weirder, I lost two or three more posts today for no reason, without even posting new stuff. But here's the thing. All of my recently deleted posts got back few minutes ago, and I didn't even ask the mods to undelete them. So like you said, it's probably a temporary glitch.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@krleavenger: I brought them back for you. Asgaard alerted me to the issue.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KrleAvenger

@rogueshadow: Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for that my friend. Although it only proves it's not a temporary glitch. And I can't call the mods every single time just to undelete my posts. It's also a huge problem when I tag people. My posts might get deleted before they even see the reply, and even if it gets undelete, they still wouldn't see it. It also appears as tho I'm losing posts even when I don't post myself. Like, I just lost a post I posted literally few minutes ago.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/morals-off-spiderman-vs-x-23-wolverine-and-daken-1632797/?page=1#js-message-13623401

And it appears as tho I'm not the only one who has this problem Take a look at DanielDaRipper's forum post section. First 20 pages and most of them are empty (I checked them out just because he said he has the same problem, so I wanted to see if his situation is better, as bad, or worse than mine, and it appears to be the latter, since he has entire pages with zero posts or just one and two).

Edit: It looks like it's back as well. I guess I have to thank you for it again?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@krleavenger: That wasn't me. Could've been another mod or it could just be CV glitching. There was some maintenance done not long ago so it could be connected to that. I'm contacting the other mods now, we'll try and get it sorted out, but I think the actual issues are more of a staff problem if they persist.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Alright then. Well thanks regardless and I hope they'll be able to fix this glitch. And is it possible to contact staff members? Also if you don't mind, can you undelete another comment on my first page that got deleted? The one prior to this one.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

It looks like this might be due to clearing out the Your Activity feed on your profile. If any of you are using the trash icon over there to clear out that feed, it might be inadvertently deleting other comments of your own. I'll see if we can figure out a way to fix the underlying bug but you may want to not clear out that feed until it gets fixed.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I just noticed your post a minute ago. Although frankly I don't think I completely get what you are trying to tell me.

What do you mean by trash icon and clearing out the feed? And what exactly is "your activity feed"?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#16 pikahyper  Moderator
KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#18 pikahyper  Moderator
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Lvenger

Anyone else not seeing their posts? Mine don't show up for some reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Anyone else not seeing their posts? Mine don't show up for some reason.

Yeah, ithink you just gotta trust that it will post. I kept trying and eventually i reloaded the page and I had spammed the same post 7 times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is literally what my second page of comments look like.

No Caption Provided

Nothing