Master Bug Reporting Thread for the New Wiki

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wcarle said:

@cbishop: If you're getting that token error please log out and back in, that will likely fix it. It appears we have some issues with users that have been logged in for a long time. We're looking into it.

I only get it if I've taken a long time to type something in. Like I took from 6:30am - 8:45am to write a blog entry this morning, and when I went to post it, I got the "CRF token invalid" message, which blanks out what I wrote btw. I had copied it in case that happened though, so just refreshing the page, and pasting it back in allowed me to save it.

I'm surely not describing this in correct technical terms, but it's like because that text space hasn't been saved to the site yet, it doesn't "exist" yet, so if it sits for a long time, the site "forgets about it," and you have to reload it so that it's "new" again.

...Although that's not accurately describing the problem, because I typed that blog this morning in the text space of a pre-existing list I've had saved for a long time. So I guess it's more accurate to say if you take too long to type something up, you have to copy it, refresh the page, and paste it back in to get it to save.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By cbishop

@fables87 said:

I've been having issues add photos to wiki pages. When I go to add a photo, the photo will load to my page, but not the wiki page itself. I then try to re-add the photo from previous uploads and it doesn't work either. I keep getting a "An error occured while uploading the image" message. Is anyone else having similar issues or is it just me?

I was not having issues with this when fables87 first posted this message, but I'm having a problem with it now. It's on a new concept page I created while editing. I was on an issue page, and created a concept for Stadium Comics Exclusive Variant Cover. Going to that page to try to add the cover images to the gallery, I'm having the problem fables87 describes- loads to my image gallery, but not to the wiki page image gallery. Doesn't work by previous uploads either. It's just giving me the error message and the little spinny-thing like it's trying to open up images even though there are none there yet.

However, I can still upload pics to pages that already exist. So maybe it's a bug for new pages?

Edit: I tried Search the Site on a concept page that didn't have any pics attached yet, and it worked fine. It seems to be that the problem occurs on new pages, because the spinny-thing never stops spinning when you click the Images tab. If it would stop spinning, adding the pics should work fine.

Edit 2: I tried something just to see if it would work. I went to the Concepts page, and created a new page for Stadium Comics Exclusive Variant Cover, but added a default image in the initial creation of the page. This allowed the loading/spinny-thing to find an image when I clicked the Images tab, and I was able to add images normally from there (I've requested that the first page I created be deleted). So apparently, if there are zero images in the tab, it just keeps spinning while it looks for one. If there's one image, it will work normally.

Workaround until the CV guys can fix this bug: don't create new wiki pages from an issue page. Create them from the Wiki menu, and add an image when you do so.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@pikahyper: That makes sense. I still don't understand why it doesn't have a complete reset every Monday/Sunday to give others a chance of being on the board. I get several thousands/ten thousand points whenever I edit, yet I never manage to hit over 9k points, so I think there are times where it just doesn't add them at all.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#254 pikahyper  Moderator
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: I predicted the Weekly Top would be a problem and just have the same few editors all the time :/ There might be something wrong with it though cause yesterday I was at like 110k or so and now I'm almost at 350k, I'm active but I don't think that active especially since I've slept most of the last two days from not feeling well.

Edit: yep definitely something wrong, I hit 21 million points on the 15th and since then I've only gotten 109k points, math's not adding up.

Edit again: confirmed, it's broken, just earned 799 points and my Top Contributors total went up by 13,940, almost 17.5 times as much as what was earned.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: check post #206.

Yep- I've found that you can add pics to new pages, but you have to add one when you create the page to get it to work.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: yep, I think all these image and gallery problems are all related.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: It's the reverse for me, in losing points faster than I gain them.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: this new site has way too many bizarre quirks.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle@pikahyper

If you are editing a wiki page and someone edits it while you are and submits it the editing you do throws errors about it already being part of the page, if you don't know better you think you made a mistake, this just happened to me and I only figured it out by opening the live page in another tab to see someone had filled in associations so that when I tried to add those same associations I got the error. The wiki needs better "collision" detection, maybe lock the page while it is in edit mode for anyone else that tries to edit with an error message that someone is editing the page.

I'm getting this bug again, but only on certain pages,. Only problem is that I'm the only one working on the page and I can't remove any associations to get it to work as it throws the error message in my face even though I tried to remove the "duplicate" creators. So at this moment in time, some pages may up being un-editable by the same editor if the problem doesn't go away.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I'm not having that issue but I have found another bug related to that page. Can you screenshot?

@wcarle The table of content on the recommended reading page scrolls with the user and covers the Popular on Comicvine tab.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

@jb681131: I'm not having that issue but I have found another bug related to that page. Can you screenshot?

@wcarle The table of content on the recommended reading page scrolls with the user and covers the Popular on Comicvine tab.

Indeed the first scolling down works. Go back to the top and try to scroll to the bottom again and you'll see what I mean.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I've tried that multiple times. I'm not getting anything. Can you post what browser you're using? It might be browser specific.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: It's the latest chrome.

When I scroll down the site vibrates and won't go down more. I tried a screenshot. Here is what I captured:

As you can see, the problem comes from the right menu that won't scroll up anymore and forces itself down and over the main top menu it should go under.

No Caption Provided

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Weird. I'm having the table of content problem, although it's not locking me in place, which is what seems to be happening for you.

Is the tab you're on been the same since you've encountered the problem or have you tried refreshing at all? If yes to the latter, is the problem still there.

Can you also try on another browser (If you have one) and see if the problem is still there.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By jb681131

@cloudguy said:

@jb681131: Weird. I'm having the table of content problem, although it's not locking me in place, which is what seems to be happening for you.

Is the tab you're on been the same since you've encountered the problem or have you tried refreshing at all? If yes to the latter, is the problem still there.

Can you also try on another browser (If you have one) and see if the problem is still there.

Yes, I've refreshed a few times before submitting the bug.

To me when I try to scroll down (after having done it a first time), when the top of the table of content reaches the top of the browser, it pops on top of everything. But since it is not suppose to, the page forces itself back to the position it has when you load it. But since I'm scrolling the menu tries to go up more, popping over again and the page forces itself to neutral position, over and over making a continuous repeated flashy epileptic movement of the whole page. If you see what I mean.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Yeah, that's a weird bug for sure, seems like it's to do with the Table of Content not sticking to a pre-determined place, or is out of place.

@wcarle@rorie Seems that we have a problem regarding to the site format which could cause major problems for certain users if they aren't fixed. Especially if they are as bad as what was said in post #267.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 pikahyper  Moderator

@jb681131: @cloudguy: this is a bug I found in the private beta, it wasn't a high priority though but it is still on the to-do list to fix.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

Does anyone have any ideas when the bugs might be fixed? Right now I have a file saved for images created for the newer pages I create.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, this is an old bug, but worth mentioning it here, but when you go to pages like Thunderbird 1 or other objects you'll notice the issue pages are missing.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fables87: I always assumed that was just a weird bug if the object didn't have any appearances as I swear that I've seen brand new pages like that.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: There are a few objects like that were they are in actual issues, but the issues aren't showing up on there page. That object I added with issues attached, but they aren't showing up.

noldrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By noldrek

I cannot upload images to any newly created pages. I get an error message when I try to add an image to a newly created character's wiki page.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 pikahyper  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noldrek said:

I cannot upload images to any newly created pages. I get an error message when I try to add an image to a newly created character's wiki page.

There is a workaround for this: Go to the "Wiki" tab, pick your category, and create the page from there, using this button found on the right hand side of the page:

No Caption Provided

Then when the following screen comes up, make sure you use the "Select Image" button to add an image while creating the page:

No Caption Provided

As long as you add that initial image from this form, you will be able to add more images once the page is created. Hope that helps.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On another note, on issue pages, the Spoiler and Spoiler Block buttons are missing... maybe a couple of others, but those were the two I was looking for. Yes, I made sure that the toolbar wasn't minimized. The spoiler block in particular comes in handy for hiding those complete retellings of an issue posted by peeps that apparently don't understand what a "summary" is.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: the wiki hasn't had spoiler buttons since the pre-CBS platform days, five or so years now.

johnrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@cbishop And if the page has been already created by another user and you can't add images to that page, how to fix it?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By cbishop

@johnrevenge: You said "newly created pages." I assumed that meant you had created them. If the page is already there, there's nothing you can do until the site guys get it fixed. I'm just glad the text fields are accepting text again.

johnrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@cbishop: I was referring to the pages created by other users that don't have images. What do I do then? Create new copies of those pages and request a combination of pages?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this has occurred and it's not a bug, maybe partially. The new manage Settings icon in the bottom left corner is bugging me after I said yes/no to what it asked and it didn't leave. Is there a way of getting rid of it once I answer it?

@wcarle@rorie

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

#284  Edited By rorie

@cloudguy said:

Since this has occurred and it's not a bug, maybe partially. The new manage Settings icon in the bottom left corner is bugging me after I said yes/no to what it asked and it didn't leave. Is there a way of getting rid of it once I answer it?

@wcarle@rorie

Not at the moment, but we're pushing pretty hard to have it be less intrusive going forward. That is a CBS-wide thing, though, not something in our direct control.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Fair enough. But it would be nice if it would go away once I agreed or disagreed. Because their really isn't any point of it afterwards. It just kind of sits there taking up space. It's also in the way of the Post reply button depending on the scroll position.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

@cloudguy: As far as I understand the GDPR requires us to have that button clearly visible at all times for EU visitors, but obviously the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully it'll be moved or smallened at some point in the future, but that's a decision for people several levels above me here.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Why specifically those in the EU? I hope it's moved to the settings menu at least or just something that goes away after you agree.

ThatFanGuy2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There seems to be an issue with the Character appearances feature with some Gold digger characters https://comicvine.gamespot.com/penny-pincer/4005-48590/ when I go to click "appearances" it just shows a full list of all the issues that have been in the series. not just the issues that that one specific character has appeared in.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 pikahyper  Moderator

New bug: if I delete a default image for an issue (and probably an episode) I get redirected to a new page that just says {"success":1,"error":"These images were deleted."} instead of getting the normal drop down message of "These images were deleted." on the page itself.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New bug: Whenever I click close on the Previous Uploads window of an edit, it kicks me out of the edit completely. Rather than close the window.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New bug: The text field for issues no longer gives points.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bug: Newly added volumes don't show the release year or publisher, yet show on the actual volume page and the Volumes page.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By SuperGoku17

The puffin browser is really glitchy on this website.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do not know if this applies but....

Cannot access "Comment Section" of any Image I come across in user image galleries. I discover around dozen hours ago.

But strangely I can access comment section of picture in wiki page image galleries as of this time, so yes. Not sure if the report is appropriate given thread title.

Use Macbook Pro and Firefox 60.0.1 (64-Bit) I think.

I think the browser have Chill-Tab malware or something. Also DuckDuckGo.

But still, I have those stuff before and can still access it before until around several hours ago.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

The recent string of PM and CSRF errors that some of you are mentioning were actually not related to the new wiki but should all be fixed right now. If you're still having issues with PMs or forum messages try logging out and back in.

As far as other wiki bugs we've deployed many fixes throughout this week and are continuing to work on all the bugs mentioned here. Stay tuned.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy said:

New bug: The text field for issues no longer gives points.

Which one? I tried both the main text area and the deck and both showed points in the HUD.

@cloudguy said:

Bug: Newly added volumes don't show the release year or publisher, yet show on the actual volume page and the Volumes page.

Where at? in search? I see them on the browse page and search.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: The main text field. Although I have noticed since I posted the original comment that it's not all the time.

I thought I mentioned that it was the search, woops. Yeah, it's the search field, When I search for a volume I've just created, through the search bar, it sometimes doesn't show the release year or publisher.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: I haven't experienced that one, when did it start?

ya sometimes search doesn't update, doesn't happen too often and it is random, it is a reported bug for the search engine.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I only noticed it a day or two ago. It may have been going on for longer. Although, this bug doesn't occur all the time.