Master Bug Reporting Thread for the New Wiki

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 455

#651 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: Well I'm sure that's all CBS' fault with their corporate mentality and need for secrecy.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#652 pikahyper  Moderator

Popular issues on the front page have been stuck for a while.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wcarle: Can you think of a reason why the site javascript would stop working if multiple pages are loading in edit mode? It is the weirdest thing, starting today if I have multiple tabs open in chrome and I open edit mode in all of them and then let all of them load the javascript won't load (More/Less button won't work, text editor can only be clicked on line one, links can't be added, images can't be added, etc.). If I open only one tab in edit mode at a time it works fine, in the multi-tab situation I have to refresh each tab one at a time and let it fully load for javascript to work.

I've cleared my cache and tried with all extensions off with the same results, so bizarre.

Edit: I just tried opening multiple forum threads in tabs and it is happening in the forum as well; More/Less button not working, none of the editor buttons working and can only click line one of the text box o.o?

Edit Again: In the wiki I think the problem only happens for new unedited pages, I have to test more but so far I don't think I've had it happen for filled in pages.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#654 wcarle  Staff

@pikahyper: That's really strange. Can you get a shot of the error console or the network tab when a page fails?

Working on the popular thing getting stuck.

@cloudguy . I understand your frustration and I have it too. Unfortunately they are pulling us engineers in 1000 different directions and we're left to do support on our own in most cases so I try to get on here and address y'alls problems whenever I can but some weeks and months are just too crazy for me to get on here very often. I'll continue to do my best and help you guys out, and I'm really petitioning for more resources and some dedicated people to help me respond to you guys and keep up with the problems you encounter. Just know that we on the engineering team are really trying our best to keep CV up and running and as bug free as we can (I know we're nowhere near that right now though... but we are making progress)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655 pikahyper  Moderator

@wcarle: It was a weird problem but it only lasted a few hours, one minute it was doing it and the next it wasn't, I wasn't doing anything different at the time and there were no changes to my extensions so I guess either chrome updated something in the background or the CV cache loaded a new javascript file *shrug* thanks though.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 21

@wcarle: I'm not blaming you specifically, just the general problem. We have no staff presence here and it really affects the site. We haven't had a news article in over a year and the way things are looking, we won't ever get one again. If we do, it won't be for a long time.

I just feel that if we had a quick progress report once a month from you guys it would allow us to see that changes are being made, even if it is small changes here and there.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Some of the buttons have lost their css, intentional?

wiki

No Caption Provided

forum

No Caption Provided

modal

No Caption Provided

Some of the larger green buttons are also flat now like Post Reply below.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Ew, on mobile they're not even the same colour. It's a really harsh white.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: On a computer it is like an off-white or lighter gray, it doesn't look bad per say but there isn't enough difference to be easily noticeable when you mouseover so everything just looks like text instead of actual clickable buttons. The post controls look especially weird; reply, quote, edit, etc. and I really don't like how it looks for the "Expand full wiki summary" button.

This styling looks intentional though so we might have inherited a GB/GS style update and they didn't realize it would effect a lighter site like CV.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A huge wave of spam posts have been appearing on various forums over the last 2 days.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 pikahyper  Moderator
Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: There were a couple pretending to be actual threads on Gen Discussions and Off-Topic. Maybe because I kept seeing them in one day I thought it was more than it actually is.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: somebody probably just cleaned them up before I got to them, pretty sure fewer mods are active right now.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664 pikahyper  Moderator

New Bug: The image uploader seems to have a problem with large images (dimensions) now, I just tried to upload an image that was about 7400px wide and it failed multiple times, I eventually just reduced it to 3000px wide and it went through, the error was something about not being able to upload the string or some such, too tired to remember. I know I've added large images like that before and some even larger this year so not sure when this started. I used to upload gatefold covers in the 14,000 px range with no problem.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New/Old bug. If you add two or more of the same page to lists from the page itself and refresh the browser, this pops up:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkside_of_the_sun
Darkside_of_the_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Since your last update last week I am unable to access Comicvine at all. I logged out and logged back in to no avail.

• If I click edit the only thing that happens is the page would just refresh.
  • I can access my four icons in the top right corner, but I can't access the spyglass (search). Once again the page would refresh when I would click it.
  • I can access the forums but I cannot type the problems I've been encountering.
  • There may be other errors that is effecting me too.

I am using a WebOS LG TV to access Comicvine.

Avatar image for darkside_of_the_sun
Darkside_of_the_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@cloudguy: Yes I recall doing a search through the "Link to a Page" image / issue search pop up box and having a nightmare looking for an issue. If I recall it was a #15. I would get "ALL" the #150s! then after quite a few next pages like a comical joke I would finally get into the teens "except" the #15 was no where to be found!!!! Though it was rare I would sometimes after typing the issue/volume name I would type the issue number several times with some success (i.e. Batman #25 25 25).

Prior to the update I was looking for DC Comics Presents #26 and it took 9-10 pages just for that issue. I was getting DC Bombshells and DC Comics Presents: ... .... Again nothing that has to do with a #26 or DC Comics Presents (without the :).

The old CV search engine was a lot better. If you would search the creator Frank Miller you would see all Franks and as you add letters to the last name it would narrow it down to the one you want.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668  Edited By Cloudguy

Edit: Nevermind, was a problem on my end.

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New bug: Most Episode Appearances are showing more appearances than actual episodes.

No Caption Provided

Cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New bug: Tv show appearances for characters are overlapping the general information box.

No Caption Provided

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 wcarle  Staff

Test

testing

asdfasdfasdf

test2

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672 pikahyper  Moderator

@wcarle: any chance of sprucing the final product up with some css?

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673 wcarle  Staff

Yeah that was just a quick fix, real fix will come soon

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@wcarle: soon like this week?

Edit: Do you guys know about unordered lists not having bullets?