Master Bug Reporting Thread for the New Wiki

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#551  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Question: I just noticed something odd about a reported bug, ok if you add too many issues too fast they get jumbled up and out of order on the issue browse page sorted by Recent Additions (which sucks) but if you view the same issues on the New Comics page they are in the intended order. Is the query set up different?

Mantisect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#552  Edited By Mantisect

#549 Edited by pikahyper (18371 posts) - 3 days, 9 hours ago - Show Bio

Priority Bug: When sorting any browse page that starts with Popular Results by New Additions (or any sort) you can only view the first page of results, 2nd page and onward results in a 404.

I have the same problem since 3-4 days ago. Please solve it when you have a moment, I consult frequently the comic character index and it never happened to me before, thanks.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

@rorie@wcarle Can we get post #549 fixed asap? Also sorting a series by publish date is still broken. It's been broken for about 3 months now. It's getting ridiculous now.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 pikahyper  Moderator

@mantisect: bugs reported here happen to everyone.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555 pikahyper  Moderator

This popularity thing really is screwing up way too much, turns out it has also broken the landing pages for themes, click a theme from a volume page and you get the Popular Volumes page so only way to see themes from volumes is from the Volume browse page and manually selecting the theme.

In all honesty does anyone stay on the Popular browse pages? if the data is already available on the front page for the most part does it even serve a purpose on the browse pages or is it just the annoying page users land on before using the filters?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: @wcarle I'd also like to add that half of the "popular pages" are mainly volumes going as far back as 1939 for the first page. Barely anything modern is seen on the first page. Which I highly doubt is unpopular. So, I think what is considered popular is broken.

Also, what exactly makes a page popular? If you look at popular volumes their are multiple pages of "popular" volumes, yet the moment you change to series or episodes, basically nothing is shown.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: seems to me all its doing is spotlighting old content and stuff that malicious users want to get on the front page like mature and adult content. I'd rather it not be the default for browse pages at this point, I doubt it interests anyone and since a lot of people still don't know how to use the filters having the initial page consist of uninteresting, outdated and broken content is probably more of a deterrent and has a negative impact on the site.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I did see quite a few adult content volumes on the first page. Luckily they're at the bottom of the page but I don't think it'll take much to bump that to the top.

Do you think that we should update the FAQ or Troubleshooting to include how to use the filters. Also, do you think we should have a how to use the site on general discussion? As it seems most of the users here use the forums and just browse the wiki rather then edit.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: there are two matureish comics on the front page today, there was an adult one the other day. I'm less worried about mature/adult content on the browse pages then I am about it on the front page.

eh, not enough people use the threads to justify the time it would take to update them, a few of us have wanted to do it but with the rate things change or break or get completed it is hard to get enthusiastic about anything really.

Arkady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#560  Edited By Arkady

Hey, everyone, sorry if this was already mentioned, but i can't get past page 3 in wiki/volumes section if i choose sorted alphabetically, just gives me 404, huge bummer this weekend

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@arkady: Known bug, they have been working on it as far as I can tell.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 pikahyper  Moderator

The random order that newly added issues are being added to the issues browse page has gotten worse. It used to be the issues were added in the order you added them in, when it went bad if you added more then six issues quickly they would start going out of order, now if you add more then one quickly it is out of order. When I added two issues they were flipped, when I added three the first one showed up last.

Are fixes being tested before rolling out these days? It feels like the whole popularity system has been rolling out untested, first we could only browse one page but now we can browse three pages? If it is so unstable/difficult why not scrap it until it works like you've done to so many other things on the site?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Why are the boxes not lined up? Also what's up with the user icons on forum posts?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 pikahyper  Moderator

Was the Activity Feed removed temporarily or is it gone for good?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#565 pikahyper  Moderator

We are back down to only one page of results for the issues browse page...

Avatar image for franziskajimenez2
FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that there is a kind of bug in the wiki area of the web. From four ... this error appears ...

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/volumes/?sortBy=alpha&page=4

This reminds me of IMDB, which also had an equal problem in their wiki ... and it took almost three years to fix it. Does anyone know if there is someone who is fixing the error? Or will it happen as in IMDB?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 pikahyper  Moderator
FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: but you let us know when it's fixed, right?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 pikahyper  Moderator

@franziskajimenez2: they don't usually tell us when things are fixed, we just figure it out on our own.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 pikahyper  Moderator

@wcarle: two weeks now, it would be nice if I could see what people are adding to the site when I'm sleeping.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 pikahyper  Moderator

Still can't delete things from walls, it is annoying having to leave spam on walls after nuking the accounts.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle@rorie It's been 12+ days that the page browse hasn't been working fully. We're still unable to go further than 3 pages into anything. This is getting starting to become frustrating.

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was that why he was in maintenance tonight? Follow the bug to go beyond page 4.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@cloudguy: Sorry it's been a very busy couple weeks, we have a fix for pagination that will go out in the next couple days

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: Do you have a timeline for when some of the bugs will be fixed? If so what bugs are being fixed first?

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577  Edited By cloudguy

@pikahyper@rorie@wcarle Is there anything we can do to reduce the amount of spam threads the site is guessing? I'm seeing multiple across each forum and they're starting to post within other threads and making them a pain to go through. Scroll throuogh the thread I linked and you'll see my point.

I know that us normal users can flag the posts but only mods can remove them; so it can be a little while until they actually get removed. If we had a way to just decently block users or just hide posts that would help.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Font sizes have shrunk all over the wiki, profiles, search, header and footer. Intentional? It makes things look weird in the wiki, very mixed with small and large text with occasional medium text.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I thought it was just me and having the browser zoomed out by accident. Glad I wasn't going mad.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: zoom was the first thing I checked lol. It is really weird in the wiki.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 pikahyper  Moderator

When editing wiki pages points are not always being added to the Top Contributors box, last week when it started it was pretty rare to happen like 1:25 but now it is like 1:4.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: Can we do something about these spam bots please? They're everywhere on the site and are now starting to directly message users.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585  Edited By cloudguy

Adding publishers is broken. Publishers can now only be added by quick add.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This happens every other time I go to edit a page. It's only CV that's been doing this. @rorie@wcarle

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: looks normal to me, from the looks of that screenshot I'd say it is on your end, some rendering issue or something.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Oonly now just got the notification for this. You're probably right as it seems to have stopped now.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: I saw the green link thing you were talking about before, it is ugly as hell, makes me glad I don't use the stock site skin.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: @wcarle: I'm getting redirected to malicious sites on mobile. That shouldn't happen at all.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591  Edited By cloudguy
No Caption Provided

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592 pikahyper  Moderator

@cloudguy: you should email that one, they'll need to know what time as well as it is a bad ad probably.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I thought just as much, I'll have to do it later as I'll be leaving for work soon. That isn't the only site it's redirected me to so I'll mess around later and see how many sites I can get redirected to.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594 pikahyper  Moderator

Fixed Bug: If you need to change existing creator roles you no longer have to remove the creator, save and re-add the creator with the updated roles, it was quietly fixed so now you can just change the roles.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: That is horrible and shouldn't happen. It is a bad ad. I've submitted an investigation ticket with our ad team. We'll track down that ad and block the provider

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is flagging broken? I keep getting a woops whenever I try to flag a spam post or any post in general.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597 pikahyper  Moderator

Image systems all glitchy as hell, a bunch of covers from a single editor disappeared from about 20 issues added in the past few days and adding from a url doesn't seem to be working.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've turned on our much stricter spam filter so hopefully that will help for now.

As far as the images it looks like users seem to be deleting their images. They are just flagged as deleted so they're not gone. I'm not sure why the user is deleting those images though

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wcarle: You sure? They're still popping up just as much.