#451 Edited by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: anything for CV to look forward to this year?

#452 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: Do you have an ETA on when the site's visuals will be fixed?

#453 Edited by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: I know it's not related to the css changes but this started at the same time, for some reason when you add multiple new pages in succession they are not being added to the site in the order they are added. I'm super OCD about things being in order and when I add multiple issues in tabs they normally show up in the order that I added them but starting the same day as the GB update stuff has been showing up on the browse page (Wiki>Issues>Newly Added) slightly out of order, for example I just added 11 issues in 11 tabs, normally they would be in order 1 to 11 but for some reason 7 showed up first then 1-6 & 8-11, I add stuff pretty quick but I always wait until the dialog pops up about the submission being complete before moving on to the next tab. This has happened four or five times so far, it is very weird and making me twitchy.

Edit: Oh there's some other stuff that's been happening lately too like the wiki being extremely slow to respond even if it is only one page, even just loading a regular wiki page is slow as dirt. Also parts of edits are being lost more often, for example if you add a bunch of stuff to an issue page in lots of sections some of the stuff will disappear like deck text, description text or either/both the dates, usually it comes along with a chrome pop-up asking if I'm sure I want to navigate away (which usually happens anyways when you make an edit without closing the field), this is happening with all fields saved/closed, if you look at the edits history entry what drops isn't even listed. This used to happen every once in a while randomly but now it is pretty common, I get it regularly every day the past month or so.

#454 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: Also while you are fixing the search results visuals can you modify how search works based on how someone searches? like ok I get that when users search via the top search bar you want broad results returned so that people look at more pages, helps traffic and potentially gets users interested in other things, but in the wiki when doing association searches we are searching for specific things, it either exists or it doesn't, it is good to see similar results based on relevancy but we don't need broad per search word results, clicking through pages of results doesn't help traffic it just makes things harder to find and or confuses people because of alias results/multiple pages having the same name. For association searches it really needs to be catered to what we are using it for.

Issue searching should also be revisited, when searching for a specific issue of something like Batman #100 the specific result will usually be buried unless you search volume name+issue number+issue name, whenever I search for something it seems like the issue number doesn't even matter when searching for an issue if it has an issue name. Volume+number works if there is no name (and if it has been on the site a long time) but if there is a name you have to do volume+number+name to get it to find the issue. Editors should also not be able to add links in the wiki to articles or users, it is just weird.

#455 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: Also while you are fixing the search results visuals can you modify how search works based on how someone searches? like ok I get that when users search via the top search bar you want broad results returned so that people look at more pages, helps traffic and potentially gets users interested in other things, but in the wiki when doing association searches we are searching for specific things, it either exists or it doesn't, it is good to see similar results based on relevancy but we don't need broad per search word results, clicking through pages of results doesn't help traffic it just makes things harder to find and or confuses people because of alias results/multiple pages having the same name. For association searches it really needs to be catered to what we are using it for.

I second this. On various occassions I'll end up searching for alias' or real names as they'll come up sooner then their actual name when searching for them. On other occassions I can search for certain characters and they won't turn up until the 3-4th page of characters. Most of which aren't even associated with what I typed.

#456 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle@rorie@pikahyper I know you're working on updating the site's css and whatnot, but I feel that the colours for adding new pages still aren't there. Unlike the previous one where it was an awful shade of green; the new one is too similar to the text colour. Making it harder to differentiate for users. Although, it could just be me personally.

No Caption Provided

#457 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

It is nice to not have search results smooshed together anymore but now it is too far apart, this is another thing that doesn't work well on a computer screen, visually it looks nice but from a practical standpoint it's not great at higher and/or widescreen resolutions, especially for association searches, it requires a lot of left/right eye movement to confirm you are adding the right associations based off the meta-data. I think it needs to be re-evaluated.

#458 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

An old bug got fixed: if you add an image from a url to a wiki gallery you no longer get the error when you try to make it default and no more refreshing after adding before you can make the image default, works as it should now.

#459 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

New bug (I think. Not gonna search back through 458 posts to see if this already exists). When adding new episodes and you hit the edit mode and leave the page without exiting edit mode, it'll appear in the my wiki contributions section. Normally, you can just remove it, but now I can't. I even worked on the page assuming any changes should fix it and it's still appearing, giving me the time I added it (yesterday) rather than my recent edit which is today.

#460 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

The scrambling of newly added issues on the browse page is getting way worse, added 89 issues and nine are out of the added order.

#461 Posted by fables87 (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

When you remove a character from the Friends & Enemies on a wiki page, you have to go to the character you removed too. It's not syncing well. However, when you add a Friend or Enemy, it will show up on both pages.

Avatar image for darkside_of_the_sun
#462 Posted by Darkside_of_the_Sun (125 posts) - - Show Bio

If a creator's contribution has the wrong box checked and you undo it, correct it with the right box and save it. The corrected box will appear after the save but the wrong box that was unchecked will still show under the creator's contribution.

#463 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

February fuzzy dates are slipping to March again. To reproduce go to an issue page with no previous dates added, and from the month drop down select February and it will display March. If you re-select it will actually use February so it is just the initial February that slips.

#464 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorting a series through publish date gives an error 500.

#465 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

I hadn't noticed it until just now but when you use the top search bar you can't go back in the pages of results, only See More is available. Also this is an old bug that is still around but it has to do with search, a lot of the time the results will get stuck on the third page of results, clicking See More just reloads the third page of results.

#466 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

Themes are suddenly on Creator & Character pages.

Avatar image for darkside_of_the_sun
#467 Edited by Darkside_of_the_Sun (125 posts) - - Show Bio

While trying to click and view any "Edit #" in the "Wiki Edit History" it won't open up.

While trying to click and view any image in the "Images" tab it won't open up

Using an LG Smart TV.

#468 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

While trying to click and view any "Edit #" in the "Wiki Edit History" it won't open up.

This is an older one, you have to right click and open the edit # in a new tab.

#469 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes if you add too many issues or episodes in a short period of time some of the issues/episodes will "detach" and lose all data i.e. the issues/episodes will not be linked to the volume/series, the user added default image will be gone leaving CV's default image and any text added to the deck/comment field will disappear so you are left with a free floating issue/episode with no default image and empty fields except for the issue/episode name if you add it, that does show up. The most recent time this happened was a couple hours ago when I added 39 issues in under a minute, 2 out of 39 were glitched in this way.

#470 Posted by pikahyper (18267 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been getting a lot of 504 errors on the issue browse page when sorting by New Additions, it is slow enough as it is but having to refresh multiple times is really annoying.