#1 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#2 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: Found a bug with my first edit. Issue title fields can't be empty and have a three character minimum. I reported this in the beta and I'm pretty sure it was fixed so it creeped back in.

#3 Posted by Saren (27905 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple of days ago I made minor edits to the Norman Osborn page and it gave me thousands of points for them. I haven't tried it again with the new interface, I don't want to be exploiting a bug, but was that cleared up? If so, thanks.

#4 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to start by saying I can imagine there's going to be a large influx of bug reports over the next few weeks.

Whenever I attempt to sort a volume or series by publish date I get an error 500.

#5 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5177 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5177 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Another bug. I can't add characters to episodes.

Also, do I no longer get points for adding issues/episodes?

Edit: This isn't just limited to characters, it's everything in the episode field.

#9 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren: new platform so it is fixed.

#10 Edited by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

Wiki history is gone, submissions have restarted the numbering, Sub History on profile is now empty so you can't see your past submissions w/link to the submission if you go to Points or Rollup you just see the edits. And wiki queue history is gone.

Also the wiki queue is mysteriously empty, I just woke up and we have an editor submitting up to a thousands edits a day, queue shouldn't be empty.

#11 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy said:

Another bug. I can't add characters to episodes.

Also, do I no longer get points for adding issues/episodes?

Edit: This isn't just limited to characters, it's everything in the episode field.

Fix for this is coming out now

Staff
#12 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Wiki history is gone, submissions have restarted the numbering, Sub History on profile is now empty so you can't see your past submissions w/link to the submission if you go to Points or Rollup you just see the edits. And wiki queue history is gone.

Also the wiki queue is mysteriously empty, I just woke up and we have an editor submitting up to a thousands edits a day, queue shouldn't be empty.

These will be imported in a little later. Need to do a data migration

Staff
#13 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

The Page Needs Help button doesn't seem to do anything, unless that's a moderator only feature, then if so. Why can I access it?

#14 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: looking at your wiki history you did get points, page creation points were supposed to decrease though, you got the original amount.

#15 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: it works, when you click it it shows up on the home page sidebar.

#17 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: what about the empty wiki queue? is that stuff gone?

#18 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

Top deck in the wiki is showing text bold again, it was reported and fixed in the beta but it crept in again.

#20 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Ah, I see it. Could it be made bigger or moved above the top editors? I feel that pages that require help is better to promote than users.

An expansion on the Pages Need Help. It would be nice to have a section that allows us to type what's needed for that page because I can tag hundreds of pages and no one will know why. Actually on top of that, what's in place to stop users spamming pages that need work done on them as we have plenty of blank pages that are "in need of help".

#21 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: we'd have to see how useful it is probably, I worry about spamming as well and malicious usage, last I checked users and mods can't remove a page from needing help either, I was never clear on how it was removed but I think if some set threshold of editing happens to the page it gets removed.

#22 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: I feel we need some clarification as to how exactly it works. it's a great and well needed addition, but at this moment doesn't seem very useful.

#23 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. The new Quick Add feature doesn't take me to the page I created, or appears on the volume list, requiring me to refresh the page for it to appear.

#25 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: what about the empty wiki queue? is that stuff gone?

No, it's not gone. I'll get with you later to get those submissions approved or cleared out

Staff
#27 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

Search is still neutered, eight results and no pagenation means you can't find squat. Also search on the home page is still limited to five results and no pagenation so it might as well not be there.

#28 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: that's gonna suck, do I even want to know how many?

#29 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: that's gonna suck, do I even want to know how many?

There are like 80, but I should be able to set you up with an interface to approve them as you normally do, probably on the old beta site

Staff
#30 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: what date range is the "Top contributors this week" widget using? Monday - Sunday? past seven days? doesn't look like Monday - Sunday.

#31 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Search is still neutered, eight results and no pagenation means you can't find squat. Also search on the home page is still limited to five results and no pagenation so it might as well not be there.

Didn't want to delay the release further just for that, we're working on it and it'll be in a future release. In the meantime you can just hit enter to get a full search result listing with pagination

Staff
#32 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle said:
@pikahyper said:

Didn't want to delay the release further just for that, we're working on it and it'll be in a future release. In the meantime you can just hit enter to get a full search result listing with pagination

This week or longer?

#34 Posted by wcarle (125 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Depends on the severity of the other issues on this list. We'll hit the top priority ones first (broken stuff)

Staff
#35 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Found, yet another bug. I'm unable to add Cover Date's as the option to add them is just gone.

No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: lol, looks like it was made mod and staff only.

#37 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@wcarle: It is nice that the cover date field starts as a fuzzy date but it should not automatically be given the current month and year, like I've mentioned before data should never automatically be added to a wiki page. The cover date field should also be editable by anyone not just mods and staff.

#38 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: Seems a bit strange.

Another bug, I'm unable to post on user profiles as I keep getting "Unable to post due to rate limiting" (Or something like that) yet, I've not messaged them for a while or at all.

#39 Edited by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: wall posts are working, you might not have posted on their wall recently but even back then you probably hit the limit.

#40 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper: That's what I thought, would be nice if they reset it after a while.

#41 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: agreed, it is annoying, at a minimum mods shouldn't even have a limit and users posting on a mods wall also shouldn't have a limit as it takes away a means of communication.

#42 Posted by macleen (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone fix the background color please (dark option).

#43 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen: not a bug, they didn't make a dark theme.

#44 Edited by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

Filtering by appearances is broken for all page types that use it (Characters, Creators, Teams, Locations, Concepts and Objects), the count is correct or close but when you click X appearances it shows all issues in the volume instead of just the ones that object is attached too.

#45 Posted by Cloudguy (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a spacing problem with the "Why Should we Add this?" part of the add a new page. it's slightly in the text box.

No Caption Provided

#46 Posted by Son Of Storm (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikahyper @wcarle

The editing tools for Posts/PMs can't be used due to the large CV wiki toolbar. Anytime a post reaches a certain length and I'm forced to scroll all the way back to the top to use any of the editing tools. Using Firefox latest version.

Here's a SS -

As you can tell you can hardly use the spoiler tools and the
As you can tell you can hardly use the spoiler tools and the "quote" "image" "bold" ect... are all totally covered.

Also RIP to the dark theme. We had a good run mate!

#47 Posted by Dernman (25687 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen: not a bug, they didn't make a dark theme.

Please tell me that will change. I'm open to almost anything it doesn't have to be black like before but I'm not joking when I say the pure bright white background hurts my eyes.

#48 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_storm: can you take a full screen screenshot? that doesn't look right, you'd have to be at a pretty small resolution for the header to overlap the posting box. Also can you link to a thread where it does this?

#49 Posted by pikahyper (18268 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: My guess is it wasn't used enough for them to justify making a new one for the new site. I'll probably be making an unofficial dark theme for the site next week if I have time, users will just have to wait until then.

#50 Posted by Son Of Storm (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_storm: can you take a full screen screenshot? that doesn't look right, you'd have to be at a pretty small resolution for the header to overlap the posting box. Also can you link to a thread where it does this?

Will do.