Issue Numbers not showing up in search

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Chrome/Windows 10

I've been working on Lists and Wiki for a couple of months now, and I just started seeing this problem today. I put in a search on a LIst, or on the search bar for "Search This Site" on "Img," say...

The Incredible Hulk #181 ...for whatever reason, that comes up fine. But I put in these two...

Wild Thing #0

Elephantment #0 - Unnatural Selection

and the search finds them, but displays like this:

Wild Thing

Elephantment - Unnatural Selection

I kept scrolling past those, thinking they were the Volume pages coming up, instead of the specific issue I was looking for. After several clicks through the pages of choices, I went back to those first choices, and discovered that they were the issue pages, but not displaying the issue numbers.

I assume that's something to do with the new site build, but figured you guys needed to know either way. Thanks for your time, and looking forward to the new site.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: I reported this a month ago but have not gotten a response. This is a bug in the new search engine and yesterday I asked another one of the engineers to let the search guy know, I'm told he's been busy on something else.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Okay. First I've noticed it was today.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4 pikahyper  Moderator

@cbishop: ya it is pretty specific so most people wouldn't notice, the bug also has some other quirks if you want more detail.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: I've been searching issues constantly for about two months now, and only just experienced the problem. I'll read the more details. Thanks.