User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mysticmedivh
HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

That happened to me when I did some images for a battle. I was like...wtf.

Y'know what also hasn't been fixed...repeating images in the gallery.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mysticmedivh

Even if you try to reupload the images they still go bad.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By jb681131

@mysticmedivh: Don't get mad at ComicVine on this. It has a simple explanation.

The forum space is of a specific maximum with, your pictures are way bigger in size. So to fit the image, your browser scales the image down. But scaling down an image de facto blurs it.

Why is a scaled down image necessarely blury ? Well, when scaling down an image, multiple pixels of your image gets on top of each other. Since one pixel of your screen can't have multiple pixels on it. It's physically impossible. An average is made between the pixels. This averging of colors is what makes your image blury.

The way to fix it, is to scan the image with a lesser deffinition so that the browser doesn't need to scale it down. Or to find an image tool to scale you image before you upload it, to fine-tune how it is scale for a better rendering.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is still happening. And it's still really goddamn annoying.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

The image problem still exists. It looks like I can't upload any images at this point.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site has so many image problems

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -43

@mysticmedivh: I'm told that:

"it seems like the image size used in the forum message is smaller than it should be, so it’s being scaled up when displayed (instead of using the right image size without scaling)."

I'll open a ticket and see if an engineer can look into this.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not able to see all the images for each gallery. In one image gallery, there are images fully uploaded. But the other galleries has only half of the uploaded images.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not able to see all the images for each gallery. In one image gallery, there are images fully uploaded. But the other galleries has only half of the uploaded images.

Are you talking about the number of images on the tab versus the number of images that you can actually see? The numerical counts for images have been off for a long time now; hopefully the ongoing wiki rebuild will address that at some point.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

@rorie: The number of images on each tab that I clicked on, all of them are not showing up, only some of them. I clicked the tab again, and they still are not showing up, even if I scroll down.

Update: I did a test. Whenever I go to one gallery by clicking on a tab, all the images are showing up. But when I clicked another tab or image gallery, only half of the images are shown. I clicked somewhere on the site, and then came back to images section, and clicked on one tab, all of the images are showing up. So, it's only clicking one image gallery, you can see all the images. Not the rest in other image galleries. I hope it makes sense.

It might be a temporary issue because it happened before. I do seem to recall it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Can you link me to any specific galleries where this has happened for you?

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: There are no specific ones. It can be any one of them. But I'll give an example though. This link will lead to a vampire image gallery. When I clicked that gallery at first, it had only 27 images. Originally, there were more than 27 images. When I came back to the images section, and clicked on this gallery again, I'm able to see more than 27 images. You may able to see all of them, or you may not.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/the_impersonator/images/?tag=Vampires