Filter results it doesn't work as it should

Avatar image for franziskajimenez2
FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something is wrong with the page browser ... there seems to be a bug when I try to alphabetize content.

JorgeRamoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JorgeRamoa

Yes... filter not working :(

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for me ... no ...

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I show you

No Caption Provided

Filter by alpha ... doesn't alphabetize it ...

Filter by M ... gives the same result

Filter by publish ... gives the same result

Filter by 1947 ... gives the same result

Have you understood the problem of the bug?

JorgeRamoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JorgeRamoa

Yes.. same for me

It should be "Not Working" my post

Arkady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's the same for me

JorgeRamoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please solve this bug and give some feedback?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 552

#9 pikahyper  Moderator

This is one of many things that got broken by an update last week, the engineers are aware and are working on them all and fixes should be going out soon.

x_woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

It does the same thing when I try to filter for characters.

JorgeRamoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to solve this problem :(

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already fixed the bug

beta-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already fixed the bug

Not quite. For instance, try going to the character wiki. You can filter by letter and by alpha, etc, but try selecting the origin. Does not work.

At least there has been a little progress. Been broken for too long (and this is not the first time something like this was broken after an update)

beta-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beta-ray

It's been a month since part of the problem was fixed (isolating it to one letter, allowing it to be alphabetical), but trying to filter by origin or power is STILL broken. Do they even know it is still broken? I hope they do not think the last fix fixed it completely.

b1ackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously only come here to cross-reference powers. Sure I stay, look around, and what not when I visit- but with this broken... its kind of like "what's the point?"

No more articles. Is this site even alive any more?

b1ackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates on this issue?

b1ackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of many things that got broken by an update last week, the engineers are aware and are working on them all and fixes should be going out soon.

Last official post was over 2 months ago. Seems like no one cares.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pikahyper  Moderator

@b1ackbird: pretty much, only time anything gets fixed is when I contact an engineer directly, after years and years of this I don't really feel like contacting them unless the bug gets in the way of my wiki work...

b1ackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Wow. Well alright good to know then. That kind of makes me sad. That ability to cross-reference & search by multiple traits was the thing that set your site apart from all others. I'd imagine people not being able to discover your wiki work in the first place would be... you know- reason enough to get involved. As it stands you can either manually scroll or just look at the top 20 new/edited/whatever characters. I could literally do that on Wikipedia or Powerlisting.wikia.com or where ever else people post superhero/manga/fiction stuff online.

*goes to close the window and delete bookmark*

Good luck with your wiki work then. I appreciate the candor.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pikahyper  Moderator

@b1ackbird: You make it sound like the entire filtering system is broken or useless, I use the filters regularly on volume, issue, character & creator pages and I've seen no problems and a lot of other users have no problems either. I doubt the powers and origins filtering fields are used by a lot of people otherwise more people would complain and if it is something that doesn't affect a lot of people it won't be a priority.

beta-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@b1ackbird: You make it sound like the entire filtering system is broken or useless, I use the filters regularly on volume, issue, character & creator pages and I've seen no problems and a lot of other users have no problems either. I doubt the powers and origins filtering fields are used by a lot of people otherwise more people would complain and if it is something that doesn't affect a lot of people it won't be a priority.

Perhaps, but it does make this site stand out. Maybe I am doing research and know of a character power, but was curious to know of others who had that same power or origin to help flesh out what I am looking up. Those categories really help. And I would not want to get rid of the feature at all, but it is quite frustrating to see it there, but it not work.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@beta-ray: If it is that important to you why are you even in this thread then? If you look at the thread pinned at the top of this forum you'd see that nobody from CBS looks at this forum anymore, they stopped almost a year ago and don't want anyone using this forum, they don't even visit the site unless they have to. You'd also see in that thread how they want to be contacted, it is anybodies guess if it will work but you'd at least be doing something that might get your problem fixed instead of relying on me like all the other people in this forum.

I get things fixed because I go beyond and push for it, everyone else just posts and complains and expects things to get fixed, be your own advocate.

beta-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Sorry for posting. I did contact the support before I had an account here. They noted the issue. They half fixed it and that's it. I have no idea if they are still working on it.

Again sorry if posting in this forum somehow insulted you. It was not my intention.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pikahyper  Moderator

@beta-ray: it is no insult, I took no offense, just me being blunt, if you've contacted them in the past though you should have a case number, you can reply back to them at any time with that case number and ask for an update or any follow up questions you have to them. Mods don't have access to that stuff though so anything behind the scenes you have to go to staff for just like we mods.

Joshws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

The filters are working again !

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/volumes/?volume_filter%5Bletter%5D=&volume_filter%5BsortBy%5D=alpha&___volume_filter%5Bcreators%5D=&___volume_filter%5Bpublishers%5D=&volume_filter%5BfromYear%5D=&volume_filter%5BtoYear%5D=&___volume_filter%5Barcs%5D=&___volume_filter%5Bcharacters%5D=&___volume_filter%5Blocations%5D=&___volume_filter%5Bteams%5D=

There seems to be a problem with the filters again.

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time the filter is fixed ... a new bug appears.

b1ackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it worked for me- I literally came back to check at random today. I was thrilled. Hopefully it stays functional.

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

It does not work for me

JorgeRamoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is comicvine ending?

Because when problems like this are not solved people start to demotivate. And filters are not working for more than 2 months

I already reported this to support, and the answer is that there is no timeline to solve this :(

FranziskaJimenez2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, do we have this bug fixed for a week or next year?