Delete This Submission link throws a 404 ?

mrnejc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrnejc

Can't see it reported before ?

So, I just made a incorrect submission, but trying to fix it I see that "Delete This Submission" link in Wiki submission page doesn't work.

It triggers 404: Not Found

Is this a known problem / I searched but can't find referenced it anywhere or is it just me since I'm new (under X number of points) ?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@mrnejc: only mods and staff can delete things, normal users shouldn't even see the delete link but someone forgot to hide it and a few other delete links/buttons when building the site.

mrnejc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

... hm, not ideal but OK.

IMHO there should be a way for a contributor (newish) to signal that his contribution can safely be discarded/denied ..? As it stands I cant edit, cant delete, if I could at least comment ...

Its really confusing for new contributors.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@mrnejc: That's what the Editing & Tools forum and specifically the Request thread are for.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@mrnejc: My experience has been that users can delete lists, and their own forum topics, but for some dumb reason, not our own blogs. However, if you do want to delete one of your blogs, attach it to a forum, then go to the forum, and you should be able to delete it from there (top right corner of your post).