Covers in two volumes refuse to be "found" or uploaded by CV's search

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Okay, this is weird. The Comic Book History of Comics (6 issues) and Comic Book History of Comics (4 issues)... I downloaded #3 from the 4-issue series, manipulated it in MS Paint, and was trying to upload it for a blog, and it kept failing with no explanation.

I tried it from my blog page, and from the forum page, and nothing. It was a blog from February, 2014, so I thought maybe it was too old to save changes. Wouldn't upload in the new comment box either.

Tried a brand new blog- still wouldn't upload.

Even though it was just a jpg, I thought maybe it was something about the file type. I saved it as a png, and it still wouldn't upload. Saved it back to a new jpg, and it still wouldn't upload.

Tried the "Search the Site" option for Images, and on both the 4-issue and 6-issue volumes, only one issue would show up. So... I guess that even though they're on the site, CV doesn't "see" them... even when they're downloaded and attempted to upload again?

Tried with multiple other pictures from my laptop's pictures, and they uploaded fine.

Tried with the one issue that was actually showing in the 4-issue volume (in "Search the Site") and it re-uploaded just fine.

Oh... Dell laptop, Chrome, with Windows 10.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so I tried a clunky workaround: in MS Paint, I pulled the borders out just a little bit, and filled them with the background color. Then I took a screenshot of my laptop. Then I opened the screenshot in MS Paint, and cut the image out of the screenshot. The borders I pulled out gave me room to cut the image clean. I saved the new image as a jpg.

STILL DOESN'T UPLOAD! WTFrick?! What is it with this image?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay... I uploaded the image to Facebook... it worked fine. I downloaded it from Facebook, opened it in MS Paint, saved it as a new jpg... STILL won't upload to CV! ...But it works on Facebook. Weird.