Bug Fixes Completed so Far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

This is a thread for dedicated to documenting the fixes for the new site. This is also to reduce the amount of unaware users of what's been worked on. To any mods who see this, feel free to lock/delete this if it's not needed.

This thread will be updated with each bug fix released.

05/10/18

• Mods can now tweak submissions before approval as they could before
  • Bugs in editing issue credits
  • Some users not able to see notifications in the menu
  • Mods could not edit cover dates
  • Mods could not see existing volumes while editing
  • Search indexing should be fixed
  • Creating new characters fixed

05/11/18

• Fixed quick add and full create pages
  • Submission queue had stuck submissions when creating new entities, this is fixed
  • Added missing info back to volumes and issues (episodes and series to come soon)
  • Various homepage style issues (button color, padding, centering, etc)
  • Editor controls blocked by the main site menu (and other things blocked by it)
  • Search indexing wasn't fully working for wiki entities
  • Item statistics were not being updated properly
  • Various other small fixes.
jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Here are a few more bugs I had posted here:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/the-new-wiki-editing-interface-is-live-1949043/#js-message-24

• Why doest the topmenu and search field bring up a white screen over the page ? We can't see the content as we type a search for exemple ??
  • Why did you hide the search field behind a button ?
  • Why does the "favorit board" pages 2 or more still don't work ?
  • Why didn't you fixe the advance forum search page that never worked ?
  • Didn't the notifications use to tell you how many pending notification you had to see ? Now it's just a red dot.
  • Why is comicvine logo so close to the top ? Give it some space !
  • Issues in a story arc wiki still can't be ordered ?
  • Could you load more than 12 pictures in the "Previous Upload" on the insert image popup ? When I wan't to share an image I upload a long time ago it's a pain.
  • In the "New Comics" page, why only those 9 editors available in the filter ? for exemple there is no IDW !?
  • On your new "New Comics" page, in list view, you could show the short description of the comic in the blank space under each comics' title.
  • Comicvine is suppose to be the ultmate comics database, but for exemple there is no "Robin" (from Batman univers) because a page to informe all the versions of one character doesn't exist. So when you look for informations about Robin, you can't.
  • On top of the page of an issue, you can see a few previous issues, and an few upcomming issues. But if you are looking at an issue torwards the end of a serie, you see much earlier issues in the top list. Why. Here is an exemple: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batman-shadow-of-the-bat-92-no-mans-land-stormy-we/4000-75587/

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131:This isn't a thread to post bugs/site problems to, this was only made to document changes and progression. We do have a dedicated thread for this here.

I'm not sure why you reposted this though, especially when I clarified many of your points already. But i'm happy to rephrase them again and call in a mod if my explanation isn't good enough.

1. Editor controls blocked by the main site menu (and other things blocked by it)This is now fixed if you read my above post
  2. This was removed from the top of the site as it's now part of the top-menu which follows the user around the site, increasing usability as you'd no longer need to scroll to the top of the page to search for anything.
  3. I'll report this to the main bug thread.
  4. As I explained previously, this feature works. For example, I searched Batman in the Forum Search Feature, and multiple threads cam up that contain the word Batman. I can also filter by date, whether he's mentioned in the comment or thread title. And even more features are available.
  5. I agree, notifications should state a number at least.
  6. It should be moved down or made smaller, but the logo is already hanging off the menu-bar as it is.
  7. Being to arrange story arcs is a nice feature that would come in use. But in the mean time, if the issue is titled correctly, you can see what part it is through the chapter/part/episode number. Although, that is if a Story Arc has clarified what chapter is what. If it doesn't the story arc can be filled and explained by a user.
  8. This works for me. As long as a user had more than 12 images of course. Which we both have. If you can show a screenshot of it not working on your end I can post it to the right thread.
  9. We have other 6000 publishers on the site, having to scroll through that many in alpha order would become unusable for many users. So the big 9 publishers in the U.S. cuts down the time needed to find issues. Since many of the popular comics come from the U.S. it makes sense to have those publishers.
  10. This is slowly being implemented.
  11. Robin exists as a concept rather than individual characters as it's a mantle that's been passed on between people over the years. If you want a specific Robin you can search for them via their real name. Or through the concept page. If you can;t find it through a default search, please try the drop down menu to look through specific topics.
  12. I've reported this problem based on your first post.

@pikahyper: Feel free to expand if I haven't covered this correctly.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: Yes I understood it all. I didn't see that it was also you posting here. And you know, I've mentionned these bugs a few times, even in the bug reporting forum, and none ever got fixed (and they really bug me) so I tend to repost them when I see such threads.

1. I still see light white screen each time I fly by mouse over the top menu
  2. ok, I see. But it doen't entirely justify why it's hidden behind a button.
  3. thank you. but that's what was sayd to me the last time I mentionned it.
  4. Well go here: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/ - Then on the right column search type in Batman - You do end-up on the advance search page with results: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/search/?forum_search%5Bq%5D=Batman - But then do type in (in the advance search page) a new keyword such as superman (or Batman again) and press search - well no search are found and the address in the address bar is much more complicated: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/search/?forum_search%5BboardMain%5D=&___forum_search%5Busers%5D=&forum_search%5Btype_of_search%5D=message&forum_search%5Bq%5D=Batman&forum_search%5BdateStart%5D%5Bdate%5D=&forum_search%5BdateStart%5D%5Btime%5D=&forum_search%5BdateEnd%5D%5Bdate%5D=&forum_search%5BdateEnd%5D%5Btime%5D=&forum_search%5Bsort%5D=rel
  5. thank you
  6. I understand, this is me being picky
  7. I also get it
  8. It is working, it is just not handy. 24 or 36 images at a time would be much much better.
  9. Sure you have many publishers, but you say top 9 !? IDW is the 5th publisher and it's not there ??
  10. great
  11. I see
  12. thanks

Sorry to have bothered you twice.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: It's not a bother at all. I'm just trying to clarify and explain some of your questions.

1: That's intended to help the user see what they're clicking. Not sure why you'd consider it a bug.

2: You still had to click the previous search bar, now you just have to click twice instead of scrolling back to the top page.

3: It's on my to do list. Feel free to report it yourself as I'm unable to show it on my end as i don't have any favourite boards.

4: I have no idea why it's coming up with the invalid value. The address bar doesn't make a difference, it changes because it's showing an error message.

8: Can you show me by what you mean as I can look on my end and see 12 images by default then another 4 each time I scroll. If it was 24 or 36, the thumbnails would have to be tiny to show all on a single row.

9: Probably an error on the Staff end. Nothing us users/mods can do to fix that. I'll add it to the things that need reporting.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: Thanks

8. I mean loading the images 12 by 12 is slow to reach old images. 4 images by rows is good. just display more rows. And I don't mind having a scoll bar if space is missing.