Not yet, it's coming up in the next Might Avengers

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jonny_anonymous: Really?
I thought it was going to be it's own comic. That explains why I couldn't find it's release date. I've been trying to figure this out for days.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Question for you guys. I know that Marvel teamed up with a totally independent company to make the Blade Anime, but couldn't Marvel still try to team up gain to make a second season? I thought the Blade Anime was done rather well and has the potential for multiple seasons. Did it not do well financially or something? I feel like most people who watched it liked it

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Question for you guys. I know that Marvel teamed up with a totally independent company to make the Blade Anime, but couldn't Marvel still try to team up gain to make a second season? I thought the Blade Anime was done rather well and has the potential for multiple seasons. Did it not do well financially or something? I feel like most people who watched it liked it

I loved it!1 I even loved the tv series

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantom1527: I wouldn't be against it. The part where it left off made way for Blade to be soon going up against the vampire council.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@phantom1527: @daredevil21134: @blackwind: I liked the anime, but I didn't love it. It had pros and cons.

Pros

• Its a f-ckin Blade anime!!! :)
  • The emphasis on his swordplay was very welcome. The lil bit of origin sprinkled in was also nice
  • Makoto was a solid secondary character and brought an interesting dynamic between Blade and herself
  • The various types of "vampires" that were showcased in the anime
  • The animation itself was pretty solid.
  • Mikage Kikyo was cool as a sort of rival to Blade

Cons

• Deacon Frost was whooping Blade's ass way to f-cking much for my taste. Blade isn't unbeatable but Frost is just a some old guy who became a vampire essentially.
  • Shoehorning Wolverine into the Blade anime. Leave Blade to himself. Having these two know each other on a first name isn't a bad idea but it was unnecessary. The anime Wolverine just didn't feel completely right either. He just didn't come off as the badass from the comics or the cartoon.
  • Makoto and Blade's friendship could've been developed more it seemed to just appear randomly and then be ended abruptly
  • The episodes felt too disjointed like the transition and progression of the journey didn't feel connected in my opinion
  • I do not like bald Blade at all. Its too generic of a look and I feel the animators in anime never seem to animate black people right. They always seem a little off. The younger Blade (in his 20s?)with the low cut looked cool though I must admit.
  • Blade's vest looked like a belly shirt, as in it didn't cover his entire midsection. A tad nitpicky but idc it don't look right and I don't like it dammit.
  • The dog fighting monsters was just too absurd for my taste. Like wtf
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By daredevil21134

@oscuro said:

@phantom1527: @blackwind: I liked the anime, but I didn't love it. It had pros and cons.

Pros

• The emphasis on his swordplay was very welcome. The lil bit of origin sprinkled in was also nice
  • Makoto was a solid secondary character and brought an interesting dynamic between Blade and herself

Cons

• Deacon Frost was whooping Blade's ass way to f-cking much for my taste. Blade isn't unbeatable but Frost is just a some old guy who became a vampire essentially.
  • Shoehorning Wolverine into the Blade anime. Leave Blade to himself. Having these two know each other on a first name isn't a bad idea but it was unnecessary. The anime Wolverine just didn't feel completely right either. He just didn't come off as the badass from the comics or the cartoon.
  • Makoto and Blade's friendship could've been developed more it seemed to just appear randomly and then be ended abruptly
  • The episodes felt too disjointed like the transition and progression of the journey didn't feel connected in my opinion
  • I do not like bald Blade at all. Its too generic of a look and I feel the animators in anime never seem to animate black people right. They always seem a little off. The younger Blade (in his 20s?)with the low cut looked cool though I must admit.
  • Blade's vest looked like a belly shirt, as in it didn't cover his entire midsection. A tad nitpicky but idc it don't look right and I don't like it dammit.

I have to agree

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@phantom1527: @blackwind: I liked the anime, but I didn't love it. It had pros and cons.

Pros

Cons

I have to agree

Muy Bueno amigo :)

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @daredevil21134: I had a thought about swords AGAIN. The ebony blade would be an awesome additional to his arsenal. If he cant get that I would love for him to get Grasscutter from Gorgon. Blade running around with a red katana would be awesome. Plus I want him to whoop Gorgon's ass. (I know he has a ton of bs feats and such that make Blade beating him unlikely) I think it would be a helluva fight though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@jonny_anonymous: @daredevil21134: I had a thought about swords AGAIN. The ebony blade would be an awesome additional to his arsenal. If he cant get that I would love for him to get Grasscutter from Gorgon. Blade running around with a red katana would be awesome. Plus I want him to whoop Gorgon's ass. (I know he has a ton of bs feats and such that make Blade beating him unlikely) I think it would be a helluva fight though.

Dane Whitman is not giving up that sword lol. Gorgon vs Blade...... if he looks at Blade he can turn him to stone lol....that will be a really tough fight

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Pardon my French, but F-CK dane Whitman lol. I thought Gorgon had to make eye contact?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#113  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By daredevil21134

@oscuro said:

@daredevil21134: Pardon my French, but F-CK dane Whitman lol. I thought Gorgon had to make eye contact?

Not sure. Black Knight is cool though lol

@oscuro: Not directly

Can you explain a little more

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Oscuro

@daredevil21134: Im sure he is cool just want my man Blade to get some nice wins and feat under his belt. And a nice sword to match lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

Not sure. Black Knight is cool though lol

@jonny_anonymous said:

@oscuro: Not directly

Can you explain a little more

He doesn't need to look directly in to someones eyes to turn them to stone, just in there direction

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: That son of a bitch! Thanks for educating me sir. So much for that idea lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Wolverine was in all four anime. So that was not necessarily the fault of the Blade anime.

I did have a problem with bow strong Frost was. I sort of tried to justify it though that since he is an artificial vampire maybe he continuously upgrades himself.

Also I would sort of like him to somehow acquire a sword that allows him to do what the Wordsword did. Be super effective on monsters and possibly be able to cut things like ghosts.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I like wolverine but that really annoys me. He doesn't need to be in everything. I agree with you on the sword point. It always seems like he is wielding normal swords, but everything he cuts seems to die just fine.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro: Personally I justify it by "swords don't cut people, techniques cut people."

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I justify it as "swords don't cut people/monsters/demons, half vampire n-ggas with katanas kill people/monsters/demons."

Dhampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the contract Marvel had with Madhouse was for 1 season of each respective title (Wolverine, Ironman, X-Men and Blade), but only time will tell whether they go with another season.

@oscuro said:

If he had Grasscutter it would be f@ckin great, but I also don't see it happening.

The ebony blade was already wielded by BP and I think it was a bit of a gimmick simply because the sword was black... Black guy and black sword, catch my drift ^^

I think blade is too cool to fall for the typical racial stereotyping that other characters fall into. He said himself that "When your undead as long as I have been, race doesn't count for much".

Personally I would like the idea of giving Blade his own unique mythical/supernatural/demonic sword, but as @blackwind said:

"swords don't cut people, techniques cut people."

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhampyre: Well Blade was once a bit of a Soul Brotha in the 70s. But that was just then style of the time.

As far as Blade and race go, I do believe I have seen him making a black joke to Doom. Not as funny as it could have been though.

Since Blade was around in the early 1900s, I really do pity the racist who talked to him the wrong way if he was ever in the American south. Wait...not I don't.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: I thought his original look was kind of silly even though it fit the time period in a Blaxploitation kind of way. I like his current look and it needs to stay that way more or less.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BlackWind

@jonny_anonymous: @dhampyre: @oscuro: In Mighty Avengers Blade also seems to be allied with Kaluu, who was the rival of the Ancient One.

How does everyone feel about this? I think it is a good contact for him to have. Ewing is adding some interesting aspects to the character.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Im down with it. It makes sense for Blade to be well known in the magical/supernatural realms. Theyre doing a great job so far

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

@blackwind: Im down with it. It makes sense for Blade to be well known in the magical/supernatural realms. Theyre doing a great job so far

Agreed. As for a sword I think he should just use his Sword of the Daywalker but have it blessed or something.

Dhampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

Agreed. As for a sword I think he should just use his Sword of the Daywalker but have it blessed or something.

I agree about Blade having a presence in the supernatural community, it definitely adds to his story.

Dhampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhampyre: Well Blade was once a bit of a Soul Brotha in the 70s. But that was just then style of the time.

As far as Blade and race go, I do believe I have seen him making a black joke to Doom. Not as funny as it could have been though.

Since Blade was around in the early 1900s, I really do pity the racist who talked to him the wrong way if he was ever in the American south. Wait...not I don't.

@oscuro said:

@blackwind: I thought his original look was kind of silly even though it fit the time period in a Blaxploitation kind of way. I like his current look and it needs to stay that way more or less.

Ha, the blaxplotation Blade was cringe worthy... I guess it comes down to the writers discretion, but I personally think the current version of Blade would be more interesting if he isn't defined by his skin colour.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BlackWind

@dhampyre: True. I think Blade is too old to be worried about things like that.

Anyway I do not think he should have some Odin Sword type of thing. But something of good material that's super effective on the supernatural would work fine for me.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhampyre: @blackwind: @jonny_anonymous

I agree. I think the sword of the Daywalker is legit so im fine with it. My thing is that his sword should be unique to him since he is unique. So if they take his movie sword and put it in the comics im down. Adamantium silver vibranium whatever the case may be.

What did you guys think about the whole Blade's dad bein white thing? I thought it was stupid as f-ck. It was poorly thought out and executed. I envisioned his dad as irrelevant

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By BlackWind

@oscuro: From what I heard, Marc Guggenheim got all his Blade info from the internet.

I mean sure I can live with Blade being born a Daywalker instead of that junk with Morbius' bite changing him. But he tried to make Blade half white almost definitely to make him more relateable. And that was just absolutely fail. It was so unnecessary. And at this point in his life I doubt Blade cares about his father.

Stupid idea. Its why Guggenheim's run is largely ignored.

Also! I hear Marvel thought since Guggenheim did a good run in Wolverine they thought, ""Hey! Blade and Wolverine are really alike! Maybe he can do the same for Blade!" And it turned out no, they aren't really alike.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: The funny thing is my first encounter with Blade was on the Spiderman animated series on Fox. On that he was a half breed born from a white (vampire) father and a black (human) mother. I personally don't have nor had any issues with it then or now. The problem arises when you take a character who in canon clearly identifies as black, that fans would identify as black and make him half white for no apparent reason. I have no respect for Guggenheim or Marvel for this crap. I completely agree that at the ripe young (dhamphir) age of 80 something he doesn't have any daddy issues. That whole crap is nonexistent in my world. It sits right next to Blade Trinity in the Abyss.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: @dhampyre: @oscuro: I would love for them to tell some stories set in Blade's past. Like I want to know what he was doing in the 1950s, I would love it if he was fighting with the Kray Twins or something at the time.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By BlackWind

@oscuro: It could be interesting to see the hot headed Blade again who stabs first and asks questions never.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah lol. I prefer a happy medium. Like he gets stabby when there is no info to gather lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badass

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By daredevil21134
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Blade fighting fire breathing were-chickens. Awesome or insane?

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Oscuro

Awesomely insane lol

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By BlackWind
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Haha yea I would have loved to have seen that.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fire breathing humanoid chicken? That sounds like Blaziken to me.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhampyre: @oscuro: @jonny_anonymous: Since everybody and they're mother has adamantium, vibranium, carbondium weapons, armor and whatever, of Blade were to get his own, specialized weapon, I'd like it to be some supernatural forged sword.

Kaluu is a rival of the Ancient One. Why isn't he hooking Blade up?

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Oscuro

@blackwind: lol Blaziken vs Blade. That is a very good question. That plain katana he is using is pretty nice I must admit. Maybe Kaluu is stingy with the magical goodies. Do you have a profile on comicbookresources? I was googling for Blade pics and click on a link to a Blade appreciation thread. Someone on there was call Black Wind and it seemed like to big a coincidence.