• 147 results
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

The scenario: The Living Tribunal is in search for a champion, for a series of 1on1 battles of cosmic scale. The Silver Surfer is the Tribunal’s ultimate choice. The outcome of the battles, will determine the fate of both Earth, and Zenn-La. Thus, the Surfer believes that if he fails, both these planets will be destroyed.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-This is post - Annihilation Silver Surfer

-The Surfer is aware of who he is facing (and his abilities), a considerable time before the fight

-The Surfer knows he is going into a series of heavy 1on1 fights

-The Surfer begins the match with determination, and passion to win from the start (he does not engage in his usual eloquent speeches)

-Opponents are eliminated by KO, incapacitation (inability to continue), or death

-character morals apply

-the combatants are limited to the moon as a fighting arena

-characters enter on high alert

-DCU characters are given a brief bio of their opponent, and his attributes

-The first seven (7) fights will take place in a time frame of 60 hours; the rest will commence a day afterwards

-For the last four (4), the Surfer is given all the time he needs to fully heal from any injuries previously sustained between each match

The opponents

1) Terrax the Tamer

2) Drax the Destroyer (current)

3) Nova (Richard Rider)

4) Quasar

5) Stardust

6) Morg the Executioner (original)

7) The Fallen One

8) Gladiator

9) Sinestro

10) Hal Jordan

11) Thanos (resurrected – no teleportation)

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dreadmaster

He could probably go down at Nova, they have stalemated before in Nova's series, if not i'm pretty sure he goes down at Quasar (if this is Wendell)

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" He could probably go down at Nova, they have stalemated before in Nova's series, if not i'm pretty sure he goes down at Quasar (if this is Wendell) "
He seemed able to handle Nova in Nova's series though...Nova himself admits that the Surfer outclasses him.And yes, this is current Quasar.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" He could probably go down at Nova, they have stalemated before in Nova's series, if not i'm pretty sure he goes down at Quasar (if this is Wendell) "
He seemed able to handle Nova in Nova's series though...Nova himself admits that the Surfer outclasses him.And yes, this is current Quasar."

Hmm, been a while since i read it but if there's no rest in between i see him going down at Quasar. But i could be wrong.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
He seemed able to handle Nova in Nova's series though...Nova himself admits that the Surfer outclasses him.And yes, this is current Quasar."
Hmm, been a while since i read it but if there's no rest in between i see him going down at Quasar. But i could be wrong. "
There is rest; he has 60 hours to complete the the first 7. The faster he finishes each opponent, the more rest he will get before the next 1on1. I have the scans when they first encountered each other in that series. At first, Nova didn't even realize that the Surfer hit him.
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Psyker star
@dreadmaster said:
In the new nova series surfer owns nova 
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
Hmm, been a while since i read it but if there's no rest in between i see him going down at Quasar. But i could be wrong. "
There is rest; he has 60 hours to complete the the first 7. The faster he finishes each opponent, the more rest he will get before the next 1on1. I have the scans when they first encountered each other in that series. At first, Nova didn't even realize that the Surfer hit him."

I must be thinking of something different. I still think he falls at quasar. Scans would be nice. :)
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Psyker star
@dreadmaster: a scan of SS fighting Quasar or of him doing something powerful
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Psyker star said:
"@dreadmaster: a scan of SS fighting Quasar or of him doing something powerful "

Nova fighting SS
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Psyker star

No Caption Provided

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Hope you are satisfied...I posted half the issue...After that the Surferdismisses Nova, saying he would not want him to perish along the world Galactus is about to consume. The Surfer simply wanted to take the confrontation away from Galactus, just to talk to Nova.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dreadmaster

Ahh, thanks Morpheus.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" Ahh, thanks Morpheus. "
Reconsidered your evaluation, then?
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
Reconsidered your evaluation, then?"

I still kind of think he goes down at Quasar, mainly because his constructs were able to repel Galactus' attacks, but he did have low showingsbut Surfer should be a little exhausted by the time he makes it to Quasar.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
I still kind of think he goes down at Quasar, mainly because his constructs were able to repel Galactus' attacks, but he did have low showingsbut Surfer should be a little exhausted by the time he makes it to Quasar. "
His motive is as strong as it could possibly be, however. Zenn-La is his home planet, and Earth is like a second home to him. He would give his all, and even more to do it.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
I still kind of think he goes down at Quasar, mainly because his constructs were able to repel Galactus' attacks, but he did have low showingsbut Surfer should be a little exhausted by the time he makes it to Quasar. "
His motive is as strong as it could possibly be, however. Zenn-La is his home planet, and Earth is like a second home to him. He would give his all, and even more to do it."

Actually on further thought, i think he makes it to Fallen One and stops.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ferro Vida

Given his motivation, I think the Surfer could make it to the Fallen one, and if he manages to beat him then He makes it to Thanos.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Ferro Vida said:
"Given his motivation, I think the Surfer could make it to the Fallen one, and if he manages to beat him then He makes it to Thanos."

I'm pretty sure this new Surfer can defeat Thanos, one on one though.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" Given his motivation, I think the Surfer could make it to the Fallen one, and if he manages to beat him then He makes it to Thanos. "
I myself believe that given his motivation, and if he was to face the fights with a serious disposition, he could make it to Sinestro, at least. The Surfer surely has heart, and in this fight he will have to be both at the top of his game, but also very passionate. How possible do you see the scenario you gave happening?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida
@dreadmaster said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"Given his motivation, I think the Surfer could make it to the Fallen one, and if he manages to beat him then He makes it to Thanos."
I'm pretty sure this new Surfer can defeat Thanos, one on one though. "
I'm sitting on the fence for that one. Thanos at his best is a universal threat, but Surfer has beaten universal threats before (barely, but he did)
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Ferro Vida said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
I'm sitting on the fence for that one. Thanos at his best is a universal threat, but Surfer has beaten universal threats before (barely, but he did)"

A dying Surfer was able to match Thanos' power levels, Not to mention the other feats the new Surfer had.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
His showings against Thanos are embarrassingly bad for his stature, though...He has only beat him in a mental match.In all the rest he has lost, hands down.

@dreadmaster said:
A dying Surfer was able to match Thanos' power levels, Not to mention the other feats the new Surfer had. "
When did he do that?

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Psyker star

I think that he could win and he could go through

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
His showings against Thanos are embarrassingly bad for his stature, though...He has only beat him in a mental match.In all the rest he has lost, hands down."

That was the old Surfer though, the new one is a beast.
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By Johnny_Blazed

Does Hal have both blue and green rings? Hal or Sinestro might beat him but if not he aint getting past Thanos

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster:Beast or not, writers use him poorly...Losing to Black Panther...And now he will have a showdown wih BRB next month in Godhunter #2. I expect BRB to beat him as well...
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
A dying Surfer was able to match Thanos' power levels, Not to mention the other feats the new Surfer had. "
When did he do that?"

It was Annihilation #5, Thanos had a machine that had a failsafe that was activated by Thanos' power signature, it was holding Galactus and Surfer in check but they were only given enough energy to still live but very little at that and once Drax freed Surfer he told him to give it his all to activate the fail safe, freeing Galactus.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Johnny_Blazed said:
" Does Hal have both blue and green rings? Hal or Sinestro might beat him but if not he aint getting past Thanos "
No. Regular Sinestro & Hal.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster:Beast or not, writers use him poorly...Losing to Black Panther...And now he will have a showdown wih BRB next month in Godhunter #2. I expect BRB to beat him as well..."

Come on you know that was PIS, BRB may beat him just for plot too.
Johnny_Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Johnny_Blazed
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Johnny_Blazed said:
" Does Hal have both blue and green rings? Hal or Sinestro might beat him but if not he aint getting past Thanos "
No. Regular Sinestro & Hal. "
I say Surfer gets to Thanos and stops there
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
When did he do that?"
It was Annihilation #5, Thanos had a machine that had a failsafe that was activated by Thanos' power signature, it was holding Galactus and Surfer in check but they were only given enough energy to still live but very little at that and once Drax freed Surfer he told him to give it his all to activate the fail safe, freeing Galactus. "
Hmm.I have yet to read the entire Annihilation series...I've only read parts of it. Oh, and the way you said it, I thought it was in combat.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
When did he do that?"
It was Annihilation #5, Thanos had a machine that had a failsafe that was activated by Thanos' power signature, it was holding Galactus and Surfer in check but they were only given enough energy to still live but very little at that and once Drax freed Surfer he told him to give it his all to activate the fail safe, freeing Galactus. "
Hmm.I have yet to read the entire Annihilation series...I've only read parts of it. Oh, and the way you said it, I thought it was in combat."

No it wasn't in combat but its still a feat.
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Psyker star

Then silver surfer wins

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster:Beast or not, writers use him poorly...Losing to Black Panther...And now he will have a showdown wih BRB next month in Godhunter #2. I expect BRB to beat him as well..."
Come on you know that was PIS, BRB may beat him just for plot too. "
I know, that is why I said that writers use him poorly. At least BRB has the capabilities to do it, but I would give a 6/10 to Surfer in a possible fight of theirs.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I know, that is why I said that writers use him poorly. At least BRB has the capabilities to do it, but I would give a 6/10 to Surfer in a possible fight of theirs."

I've always liked Surfer its just i hated writers that didn't use him well, and i copied those scans, but i doubt BRB would beat Surfer, he probably shouldn't but he will. What do you think of Surfer beating Thanos?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I know, that is why I said that writers use him poorly. At least BRB has the capabilities to do it, but I would give a 6/10 to Surfer in a possible fight of theirs."
I've always liked Surfer its just i hated writers that didn't use him well, and i copied those scans, but i doubt BRB would beat Surfer, he probably shouldn't but he will. What do you think of Surfer beating Thanos? "
Well, currently, Thanos is dead, isn't he? Of course, with Death as a lover that could prove a small hindrance. As for an actual fight, I would believe SS has a shot if he doesn't hold back at all, and plays it smart. He has numerous attributes. Theoretically, with the complete molecular control he has over his body, he could go intangible. But that is rarely, if ever, used. He should also make good use of his speed. It would be hard, but hey, Drax did it (Thanos wasn't paying attention of course, but still).
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I've always liked Surfer its just i hated writers that didn't use him well, and i copied those scans, but i doubt BRB would beat Surfer, he probably shouldn't but he will. What do you think of Surfer beating Thanos? "
Well, currently, Thanos is dead, isn't he? Of course, with Death as a lover that could prove a small hindrance. As for an actual fight, I would believe SS has a shot if he doesn't hold back at all, and plays it smart. He has numerous attributes. Theoretically, with the complete molecular control he has over his body, he could go intangible. But that is rarely, if ever, used. He should also make good use of his speed. It would be hard, but hey, Drax did it (Thanos wasn't paying attention of course, but still)."

I think Surfer could beat Thanos now, i really don't like Thanos as much as i used to.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster:Thanos is still a great character.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Matezoide2

stops at Thanos

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Matezoide said:
" stops at Thanos "
An optimist.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_:
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Matezoide said:
" stops at Thanos "
An optimist."
heh,someone haves to be
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Matezoide:What do you believe about the SS - Thanos match up? Has SS a shot?
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster:Thanos is still a great character."

I used to like Thanos but some of the fanboys think he could do anything without prep like beating Darkseid, thats just not going to happen, at least not very often.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I used to like Thanos but some of the fanboys think he could do anything without prep like beating Darkseid, thats just not going to happen, at least not very often. "
Darkseid is a beast himself...I don't know about that match up. The Omega beams would most probably get through Thanos' force field though...But with prep, then, yes, I believe he could surely do it. That is, if we're talking post Crisis Darkseid...
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I used to like Thanos but some of the fanboys think he could do anything without prep like beating Darkseid, thats just not going to happen, at least not very often. "
Darkseid is a beast himself...I don't know about that match up. The Omega beams would most probably get through Thanos' force field though...But with prep, then, yes, I believe he could surely do it. That is, if we're talking post Crisis Darkseid..."

Yep
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By geraldthesloth

he clears it!

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" he clears it! "
What happened to you sloth? One day you doubt he can beat Gladiator and Vulcan, the other you say he takes down even Thanos himself??
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Morpheus_ said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" he clears it! "
What happened to you sloth? One day you doubt he can beat Gladiator and Vulcan, the other you say he takes down even Thanos himself?? "
I spent most the time after we talked looking at SS feats.

I dont think Thanos can escape a Black hole
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" he clears it! "
What happened to you sloth? One day you doubt he can beat Gladiator and Vulcan, the other you say he takes down even Thanos himself?? "
I spent most the time after we talked looking at SS feats.I dont think Thanos can escape a Black hole "
Well, his feats that you saw must have left a lasting impression on you then. I was mostly thinking time travel about that fight; if the Surfer can get close enough after tiring the Titan a little, so that he could grab him. He has done it before (not with Thanos).It would make for a nice ending in a comic - the Surfer abandons the Titan at the end of time.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_:

basing on they others battles,i dont think SS haves a chance after all
of course he got stronger,but still Thanos always owned Silver Surfer in 6 punchs and has took his blasts without a scratch,even with SS becoming stronger,he doesnt seen to have become much more
of course,Thanos cant teleport (as the TC,wich is you, stated) so a BFR or trowing Thanos in blackhole (with would take a lot of time for Thanos escape without using a teleport) should do the trick,but i dont consider BFR a real win,that is why i believe SS wont defeat Thanos