God of War vs Son of Sparta

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

What happens when Kratos sets his vengeful eyes on the heir of Sparta for his newly discovered part in his family's death. (Both are from their current games. Kratos at the end of GOWIII and Dante from DMC 4/2, whichever you believed he was stronger in. Who wins?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

It's Sparda.

And I will vote for Dante because Kratos is still really damn slow in comparison to him (seriously, the difference between the two's speeds is pretty massive), and he's still seemed to have vulnerabilities to.....you know.....death. In which case Dante could blitz him before he really had a chance to react.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FLCL1
@Sparda: i wouldnt count the god of war out by dante wins because of guns
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hellos

Will Kratos's weapons be able to harm Dante / kill him? I think Kratos has the power but from what I remember of Dante the guy gets stabbed by multiple characters and doesn't seem to at all affect him.  
I think Kratos has more physical strength and certaintly more fun weapons to use. :P 

When you say at the end of God of War 3 do you mean.... (Don't hate me if you open the tag and haven't beaten the game!!!)

Kratos right before his fight with Zeus or after Kratos discovers *Hope* from God of War 1, uses his new power to take down an incorporeal Zeus who had just snapped his neck a moment ago or Kratos with the giant sword chopping through most of his insides that is removes as he slowly bloodily goes off the edge of the cliff seemingly alive?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda
@FLCL1 said:

" @Sparda: i wouldnt count the god of war out by dante wins because of guns "

That's another good reason. It would be pretty much impossible for Kratos to avoid Pandora (the suitcase, not the box).

@Hellos said:

"
Will Kratos's weapons be able to harm Dante / kill him? I think Kratos has the power but from what I remember of Dante the guy gets stabbed by multiple characters and doesn't seem to at all affect him."

If Kratos could separate his head from his body, I'm pretty sure Dante would die. That being said, just normal stabs and slashes probably wouldn't do much, though in abundance they definitely slow Dante down (like at the end of DMC3).

Case in point: The opening to DMC3

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FLCL1
@Hellos said:
"
Will Kratos's weapons be able to harm Dante / kill him? I think Kratos has the power but from what I remember of Dante the guy gets stabbed by multiple characters and doesn't seem to at all affect him.  
I think Kratos has more physical strength and certaintly more fun weapons to use. :P 

When you say at the end of God of War 3 do you mean.... (Don't hate me if you open the tag and haven't beaten the game!!!)

"
thats because alot of the weapons that is used to hurt him cant, kratos swords are created to kill gods
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ms__omega

I say this would go to Dante but it will be a very tough battle Kratos isnt a pushover

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hellos
@Ms. Omega said:

"I say this would go to Dante but it will be a very tough battle Kratos isnt a pushover "

He certainly isn't, from God of War 3, hes a pretty durable piece of meat with some pretty decent strength feats behind him, that and the guy is a merciless killing machine to boot.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Dante

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ms__omega

Lets not forget Dante has the superior speed and a very impressive healing factor to boot

Fatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fatal

Hasn't this fight been done like 20 times?

Kolasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kolasi
@Fatal said:
"Hasn't this fight been done like 20 times?"

Yup and I made one of the if not the first.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Ok, misspelled it bc I got Kratos on da brain. My mistake, anything else? 

When he discover's Hope. In addition to all his weapons. 

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hellos
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"Ok, misspelled it bc I got Kratos on da brain. My mistake, anything else? "

So which incarnation of Kratos from the end of God of War three? 

1. Pre Zeus fight 
2. *Hope* Kratos, who comes back from death to take down incorporeal Zeus after seemingly just having his neck stabbed. 
3. Kratos after stabbing himself to release hope to mankind, who bloodily crawls off the cliff assumingly alive despite the injury?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By sexy_merc

*Spoiler for GOW3* Will Kratos still get blitzed by Dante given the fact that he acquired the Boots of Hermes. I mean gameplay wise, they wouldn't let you use the full potential, but Hermes was running down mountains pretty fast with them. I'm not saying Kratos is faster, but I don't think he'll get blitzed.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda
@Sexy Merc said:
" *Spoiler for GOW3* Will Kratos still get blitzed by Dante given the fact that he acquired the Boots of Hermes. I mean gamepla wise, they wouldn't let you use the full potential, but Hermes was running down mountains pretty fast with them. I'm not saying Kratos is faster, but I don't think he'll get blitzed. "
He did move a lot faster with the boots on, but they didn't increase his reaction times at all, I don't think. I think the reason why Hermes was moving so fast was, in addition to the boots, he could just move that fast. The way he was climbing was more than just speed, it was also agility. Kratos isn't as agile as Hermes (or Dante) so I don't think he could use the boots the same way.

Now, if it was a foot-race, then maybe he would outrun Dante (maybe), but I don't think that scenario would matter much in a fight.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Surge2477

Dante's superior speed will give him the victory in a very brutal battle. Dante also has demon based powers that can damage Kratos as well.
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Red_Blade

Probably Kratos, the bosses he fights are >>the bosses Dante fights
Close fight though, Dante could win as well

I give it to Kratos 5.5/10