Batman vs Shang Chi

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn

If this was a Random Encounter and both were limited only to Hand to Hand combat and the fought in the courtyard of a Shaolin Temple who would win ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn

Really ? You dont think Bats would put up a good fight against Shang Chi ?

Gannon Nereid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gannon Nereid

Shang-Chi easy.

Gannon Nereid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gannon Nereid

Nope.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

Shang Chi is the Master of Kung Fu but the Batman has mastered various styles od martial arts. It would be a battle but the winner in the end would be the Batman.

Plus he's a smarter fighter.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn

Alpha says:

"Shang Chi is the Master of Kung Fu but the Batman has mastered various styles od martial arts. It would be a battle but the winner in the end would be the Batman. Plus he's a smarter fighter. "

See ! I knew I wasnt stupid for making this thread.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius

King Saturn says:

"Alpha says:
"Shang Chi is the Master of Kung Fu but the Batman has mastered various styles od martial arts. It would be a battle but the winner in the end would be the Batman. Plus he's a smarter fighter. "
See ! I knew I wasnt stupid for making this thread."

Not at all. I'm a big fan of the martial arts characters and I think based on skill alone this would a great battle. People forget that the Batman is a martial arts before anything else.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rotten gun

shang chi... he is the master of kung fu and kung fu does include hundreds of styles... if this is hand to hand you have to give it to the guy who's super ability is un-armed combat... intellegence is not a large factor... look at mike tyson how great was he but stupid at the same time

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hadrelius

Rotten gun says:

"shang chi... he is the master of kung fu and kung fu does include hundreds of styles... if this is hand to hand you have to give it to the guy who's super ability is un-armed combat... intellegence is not a large factor... look at mike tyson how great was he but stupid at the same time"

Mike Tyson would have been beaten silly by a smart fighter like the The Greatest Ali!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

Rotten gun says:

"Alpha says:
"Rotten gun says:
"shang chi... he is the master of kung fu and kung fu does include hundreds of styles... if this is hand to hand you have to give it to the guy who's super ability is un-armed combat... intellegence is not a large factor... look at mike tyson how great was he but stupid at the same time"
Mike Tyson would have been beaten silly by a smart fighter like the The Greatest Ali!"
ha ha thats silly... FACT: as smart as Ali was he was beaten up by Larry Holmes. FACT: Tyson destroyed Larry Holmes. what did we learn? beating up an intellegent fighter doesn't stop you from being beaten up by a dumb one"

C'mon man. That fight was so late in his career.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rotten gun

Alpha says:

"Rotten gun says:
Mike Tyson would have been beaten silly by a smart fighter like the The Greatest Ali!"

ha ha thats silly... FACT: as smart as Ali was he was beaten up by Larry Holmes. FACT: Tyson destroyed Larry Holmes. what did we learn? beating up an intellegent fighter doesn't stop you from being beaten up by a dumb one

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius

Point is. When you have two fighters so equally mached like Shang Chii and the Batman, what would you have left to distinguish those two fighters?

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rotten gun

Alpha says:

"Point is. When you have two fighters so equally mached like Shang Chii and the Batman, what would you have left to distinguish those two fighters? "

in the end i'd give it to the guy who fights crime by the very contest they are being challenged in. if it wasn't hand to hand i'd give it to batman anyday but because it is to me its shang chi... its like getting 2 amasing race drivers, 1 is a rally driver and the other is formula 1, now put them strictly on a rally course... the guy who does it day after day should win.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius

Rotten gun says:

"Alpha says:
"Point is. When you have two fighters so equally mached like Shang Chii and the Batman, what would you have left to distinguish those two fighters? "
in the end i'd give it to the guy who fights crime by the very contest they are being challenged in. if it wasn't hand to hand i'd give it to batman anyday but because it is to me its shang chi... its like getting 2 amasing race drivers, 1 is a rally driver and the other is formula 1, now put them strictly on a rally course... the guy who does it day after day should win."

Great Point!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Static Shock

Batman

inquisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By inquisitor

Shang Chi is the best empty hand human fighter,with out all the psycho drama that drives Bats ...well, batty so Shang Chi.

kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kaino12
@King Saturn said:
"

Alpha says:

See ! I knew I wasnt stupid for making this thread.

"
saturn u have rarely made a bad thread. i think the worst was bibleman vs hulk....
kingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kingbatman
@Alpha said:
"

King Saturn says:

"Alpha says:
See ! I knew I wasnt stupid for making this thread."

Not at all. I'm a big fan of the martial arts characters and I think based on skill alone this would a great battle. People forget that the Batman is a martial arts before anything else.

"
i know everything i read says batman loses but they freget that batman is skilled
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Batman.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BatDance
Batman wins with the belt

if its a random encounter and just hand 2 hand, Batman gets owned. I say this as a Batman fan, Shang-Chi is the better martial artist
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Batman wins period and he is the better martial artist.

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jx4gz

Shang Chi CURBSTOMP

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Batman CURBSTOMP

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jx4gz
@Vance Astro said:
" Batman CURBSTOMP "
no u
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Batman CURBSTOMP "
no u "
LOL.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
@Jx4gz said:
"Shang Chi CURBSTOMP "

I don't know about this....
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bumnut
@Static Shock said:
"@Jx4gz said:
"Shang Chi CURBSTOMP "
I don't know about this.... "

Yeah, comments like that are just......silly!  that word is used to frivolously around here.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By vuviper
@Rotten gun: 
Is shang chi a better fighter? Batman is a naturally gifted martial arts genius. He master hundreds of different martial arts styles from many prestigious masters, most have his master have actually stated that he was the best student he/she has ever taught. He knows moves known to only select few, and not only that understands martial arts enough that he is able to modify them on the spot to meet his needs. It is one thing to know everything about a martial arts, but its on an entirely different level to have such a deep understanding that you can manipulate it.  I think some of it also comes from his understanding of all pressure points and cast knowledge of the human anatomy, It's this integrated knowledge that really makes him formidable. 

I know nothing about shang chi though, shrugs

@Alpha:
I like martial artists too! what are some books you'd recommend...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Rotten gun: 
Is shang chi a better fighter? Batman is a naturally gifted martial arts genius. He master hundreds of different martial arts styles from many prestigious masters, most have his master have actually stated that he was the best student he/she has ever taught. He knows moves known to only select few, and not only that understands martial arts enough that he is able to modify them on the spot to meet his needs. It is one thing to know everything about a martial arts, but its on an entirely different level to have such a deep understanding that you can manipulate it.  I think some of it also comes from his understanding of all pressure points and cast knowledge of the human anatomy, It's this integrated knowledge that really makes him formidable. 

I know nothing about shang chi though, shrugs

@Alpha: I like martial artists too! what are some books you'd recommend... "
Rotten Gun isn't going to respond..he hasn't been here for at least a year.
Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Temudjin
@vuviper: Well, most of what you said for Batman is also true for Shang-chi. In fact, even more so since Shang spent a much larger portion of his life in training (and subsequently followed by fighting for his life). Shang also isn't just a typical human trained in martial arts; he was genetically bred by his father to be the ultimate assassin, IIRC having genetic material from famed warriors in history and having been trained by the best martial arts masters Fu Manchu could muster (given his resources, that should speak volumes). He's also spent most of his life outside of training fighting his father's professionally trained assassins, many of which are equal - if not superior - to Batman's more rudimentary foes. 

While it is impressive that Batman has "mastered" more than 100 different styles, putting them all into practical effect is a different matter, as there will always be some techniques that work better than others. When it comes to Shang-chi, he's the "Master of Kung Fu" which really has many interpretations. On one hand, "Kung Fu" has generally become an umbrella term for Chinese martial arts here in the west, but in China, "Kung Fu" is modernly used as an umbrella term for ALL martial arts in general, interchangeable with "wushu" (which is literally "martial arts" in Chinese). While certainly the original definition of the term had little restriction to the combative arts, you can often hear people in China refer to Judo and Karate as "Japanese kung fu" or Muay Thai as "Thai kung fu". 

If we take the general western implication of the term to mean he's a master of all Chinese martial arts, then he'd at least have mastered several dozen different fighting styles. If we take the authentic approach and assume that he's a master of martial arts in general then he would surely have mastered at least as many styles as Batman, and perhaps put them into better use given his constant confrontations with other martial artists. I think the latter is more believable given the fact that his father literally wanted him to be the best in the world, and his own journey as a martial artist would have lead him to fight and study under various "foreign" masters as well. And really, having been referred to by other Chinese individuals (not to mention himself) as the Master of Kung Fu, it would make much more sense.

Shang-chi also has several super human feats under his belt, ranging from blocking a punch from a Hulk-class being (Hiroim) and having a brief 'test of strength' against him, to knocking Midnight Sun (after he becomes a Silver Surfer antagonist) out of the sky with a kick to the face. Of course, I'm sure Batman has equally ridiculous feats like knocking out Superman with a punch. But with Shang, it's much more consistent.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Geno said:
" @vuviper: Well, most of what you said for Batman is also true for Shang-chi. In fact, even more so since Shang spent a much larger portion of his life in training (and subsequently followed by fighting for his life). Shang also isn't just a typical human trained in martial arts; he was genetically bred by his father to be the ultimate assassin, IIRC having genetic material from famed warriors in history and having been trained by the best martial arts masters Fu Manchu could muster (given his resources, that should speak volumes). He's also spent most of his life outside of training fighting his father's professionally trained assassins, many of which are equal - if not superior - to Batman's more rudimentary foes.   While it is impressive that Batman has "mastered" more than 100 different styles, putting them all into practical effect is a different matter, as there will always be some techniques that work better than others. When it comes to Shang-chi, he's the "Master of Kung Fu" which really has many interpretations. On one hand, "Kung Fu" has generally become an umbrella term for Chinese martial arts here in the west, but in China, "Kung Fu" is modernly used as an umbrella term for ALL martial arts in general, interchangeable with "wushu" (which is literally "martial arts" in Chinese). While certainly the original definition of the term had little restriction to the combative arts, you can often hear people in China refer to Judo and Karate as "Japanese kung fu" or Muay Thai as "Thai kung fu". If we take the general western implication of the term to mean he's a master of all Chinese martial arts, then he'd at least have masted several dozen different fighting styles. If we take the authentic approach and assume that he's a master of martial arts in general then he would surely have mastered at least as many styles as Batman, and perhaps put them into better use given his constant confrontations with other martial artists. I think the latter is more believable given the fact that his father literally wanted him to be the best in the world, and his own journey as a martial artist would have lead him to fight and study under various "foreign" masters as well. Not to mention being referred to by other Chinese individuals (not to mention himself) as the Master of Kung Fu, it would make much more sense.  Shang-chi also has several super human feats under his belt, ranging from blocking a punch from a Hulk-class being (Hiroim) and having a brief 'test of strength' against him, to knocking Midnight Sun (after he becomes a Silver Surfer antagonist) out of the sky with a kick to the face. Of course, I'm sure Batman has equally ridiculous feats like knocking out Superman with a punch. But with Shang, it's much more consistent. "
Shang Chi's showings aren't more consistent than Batman's.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jx4gz

Shang Chi ftpwn

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jx4gz said:
" Shang Chi ftpwn "
If that means he loses than I agree :)
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By castleking

shang should win in a pure h2h fight

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:
" shang should win in a pure h2h fight "
Why?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock
@castleking said:
"shang should win in a pure h2h fight "

How does Shang Chi win? I'm seriously about to argue this to the death once again that Batman wins.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By castleking

b/c bats wouldnt have his utility belt to rely on, hence h2h.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:
" b/c bats wouldnt have his utility belt to rely on, hence h2h. "
that's ur response
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By castleking

b/c shang can chi amp his fist and kicks. any attempt for bats to block would result in him getting his arms or legs broken.
batman wouldnt know about shang's striking power till it was too late. after all shang can trash doom bots like its cool with his atks.
his durability is also way above bats, he's agile focus fighter as well.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:
" b/c shang can chi amp his fist and kicks. any attempt for bats to block would result in him getting his arms or legs broken. batman wouldnt know about shang's striking power till it was too late. after all shang can trash doom bots like its cool with his atks. his durability is also way above bats, he's agile focus fighter as well. "
So what if he can Chi amp..he's not Iron Fist. 
What makes you think Bats is going to block when he can easily dodge? 
What makes you think Batman won't take the offensive from the start? 
His durability is way above Bats..GTFOHWTDS!!!
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By castleking

i would imagine in a h2h fight both characters would be exchanging punched, kicks, parry's as well as dodging. that still doesnt mean one or the other will be solely on the defense and the other will simply be knocked out.

realistically both fighters will exchange attacks upon  each other. the question is who can tolerate them more.

ur right shang isnt IF, he doesnt have to be or need his fist to glow he can still amp them to superhuman lvl.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock
@Geno said:
"@vuviper: Well, most of what you said for Batman is also true for Shang-chi. In fact, even more so since Shang spent a much larger portion of his life in training (and subsequently followed by fighting for his life). Shang also isn't just a typical human trained in martial arts; he was genetically bred by his father to be the ultimate assassin, IIRC having genetic material from famed warriors in history and having been trained by the best martial arts masters Fu Manchu could muster (given his resources, that should speak volumes). He's also spent most of his life outside of training fighting his father's professionally trained assassins, many of which are equal - if not superior - to Batman's more rudimentary foes.   While it is impressive that Batman has "mastered" more than 100 different styles, putting them all into practical effect is a different matter, as there will always be some techniques that work better than others. When it comes to Shang-chi, he's the "Master of Kung Fu" which really has many interpretations. On one hand, "Kung Fu" has generally become an umbrella term for Chinese martial arts here in the west, but in China, "Kung Fu" is modernly used as an umbrella term for ALL martial arts in general, interchangeable with "wushu" (which is literally "martial arts" in Chinese). While certainly the original definition of the term had little restriction to the combative arts, you can often hear people in China refer to Judo and Karate as "Japanese kung fu" or Muay Thai as "Thai kung fu".   If we take the general western implication of the term to mean he's a master of all Chinese martial arts, then he'd at least have mastered several dozen different fighting styles. If we take the authentic approach and assume that he's a master of martial arts in general then he would surely have mastered at least as many styles as Batman, and perhaps put them into better use given his constant confrontations with other martial artists. I think the latter is more believable given the fact that his father literally wanted him to be the best in the world, and his own journey as a martial artist would have lead him to fight and study under various "foreign" masters as well. And really, having been referred to by other Chinese individuals (not to mention himself) as the Master of Kung Fu, it would make much more sense.  Shang-chi also has several super human feats under his belt, ranging from blocking a punch from a Hulk-class being (Hiroim) and having a brief 'test of strength' against him, to knocking Midnight Sun (after he becomes a Silver Surfer antagonist) out of the sky with a kick to the face. Of course, I'm sure Batman has equally ridiculous feats like knocking out Superman with a punch. But with Shang, it's much more consistent. "
While Kung Fu could be an umbrella for all martial arts, I don't think that makes him better than Batman, ultimately. The belief that Shang Chi has put his skills to better use than Batman sounds like an opinion, because I or anyone else could say the same for Batman as well. Even if his father wanted Shang Chi to be the best in the world, that only applies to the Marvel universe and it doesn't really have much bearing on Batman (since he was trained by the world's best fighters in his universe). I don't remember Batman knocking Superman out with a punch, but he was able to stagger him with one wearing a kryptonite ring. As far as using applying his martial arts skills for some superhuman things (kicking through thick trees, brick walls, steel doors, knocking out Solomon Grundy in two encounters, using pressure point fighting skills on superhuman foes, bending barrels of guns, and others), it's consistent for Batman too. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@castleking said:

" i would imagine in a h2h fight both characters would be exchanging punched, kicks, parry's as well as dodging. that still doesnt mean one or the other will be solely on the defense and the other will simply be knocked out.  realistically both fighters will exchange attacks upon  each other. the question is who can tolerate them more.  ur right shang isnt IF, he doesnt have to be or need his fist to glow he can still amp them to superhuman lvl. "

Do you honestly think Batman hasn't for a Martial Artist with superhuman strength? 
Do you honestly think it would be hard for Batman to drop Shang Chi? His durability isn't that great.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock
@castleking said:
"b/c shang can chi amp his fist and kicks. any attempt for bats to block would result in him getting his arms or legs broken. batman wouldnt know about shang's striking power till it was too late. after all shang can trash doom bots like its cool with his atks. his durability is also way above bats, he's agile focus fighter as well. "

Batman doesn't have to block. He can dodge too, and doesn't have to know about Shang Chi's striking power. You act as if Batman underestimates his opponents, when that isn't the case. Batman himself has the opportunity to break Shang Chi's bones after having been able to kick through thick trees and bricks. Trashing Doombots is impressive (maybe), but someone else has done so without the application of Chi (which is a speculation on Shang's part, anyway). As for durability way above Bats, it's debatable. I've seen Batman take a lot of punishment, also.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45  Edited By The_Martian

I'm going to have to agree with castleking on this one. If Batman isn't allowed the use of equipment, and there is no set up for the battle, Shang-Chi should take it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
@Nobody said:

"I'm going to have to agree with castleking on this one. If Batman isn't allowed the use of equipment, and there is no set up for the battle, Shang-Chi should take it. "

People want to think that Batman isn't worth a damn without equipment. That's definitely not the case. How can Shang Chi take this?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" I'm going to have to agree with castleking on this one. If Batman isn't allowed the use of equipment, and there is no set up for the battle, Shang-Chi should take it. "
I doubt it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@castleking said:
"b/c bats wouldnt have his utility belt to rely on, hence h2h. "

He's fought many fights without it. And won. What are you getting at? If you think Batman isn't adept in fighting without his gadgets, you're mistaken.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49  Edited By The_Martian
@Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:

"I'm going to have to agree with castleking on this one. If Batman isn't allowed the use of equipment, and there is no set up for the battle, Shang-Chi should take it. "

People want to think that Batman isn't worth a damn without equipment. That's definitely not the case. How can Shang Chi take this? "
I never said Batman isn't good without his equipment. He is one of the best in the DCU in martial arts. But in the Marvel Universe Shang-Chi is considered the best when it comes to hand to hand combat.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @Nobody said:

People want to think that Batman isn't worth a damn without equipment. That's definitely not the case. How can Shang Chi take this? "
I never said Batman isn't good without his equipment. He is one of the best in the DCU in martial arts. But in the Marvel Universe Shang-Chi is considered the best when it comes to hand to hand combat. "
Shang Chi shouldn't be considered the best because he hasn't done anything to be considered that.