• 109 results
#101 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaheer is outclassed and either of team 2 beat Zuko.

If this is a 2v2 instead of 2 1v1's than team lava mid dif due to far superior aoe and better defense.

@mial42: Thats the only scenario I see T1 winning and I don't see it as enough to give them a majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
#102 Edited by deactivated-597fe3e7af56f (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot: Zaheer's not outclassed. Katara will beat Zuko, but based on their previous fights and Zuko's endurance/durability it won't be quick, whereas Zaheer can knock Bolin into his own lava for a quick kill.

The reason I think they take a majority is due to the fact that they'll prefer fighting people they know something about to fighting unknown quantities.

#103 Edited by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@mial42: I disagree, and would argue that Katara would prefer to fight Zaheer since she's more or less an expert on air bender tactics and techniques. I think just assuming that they would match up in a favorable way isn't correct anyway.

S1: Katara takes out Zuko and helps Bolin with Zaheer.

S2: Katara takes out Zaheer and helps Bolin with Zuko.

S3: Bolin takes out Zuko and helps Katara with Zaheer.

S4: Zaheer takes out Bolin and helps Zuko with Katara.

S5: Zuko takes out Bolin and helps Zaheer with Katara.

S5: 2v2 teamfight where Katara's omni directional defence allows Bolin to gain momentum with lava, and beat down team 1 with superior aoe for a decisive but not easy majority.

team 2 7-8/10 imo.

Neither of team 1 have an answer for Katara.

#104 Edited by deactivated-597fe3e7af56f (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot:I'm pretty sure Katara knows a lot more about Zuko than about Zaheer. And Bolin is definitely going to be gunning for Zaheer from the start. I'm of the opinion that a Zaheer/Bolin battle would end much more quickly than a Katara/Zuko battle, mainly because of lava. I also don't see a team battle as likely, unless both sides have a minute or two of prep before the battle, as they wouldn't know anything about their teammates.

Team 1 5.5/10

The character dynamics at play here give team 1 a slim majority, despite the overall superiority of team 2.

#105 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@mial42: Fair enough.

What about Zuko vs Bolin. I always found that to be one of the closest matchups in the verse.

#106 Posted by deactivated-597fe3e7af56f (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot: Oh yeah, Zuko vs Bolin is a great fight. I'm honestly not sure who'd win, although I might favor Zuko in-character, because while Bolin does use lava on people, I don't think he'll try and bury Zuko in it, whereas Zuko can use most of his moves unhindered by morals.

#107 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27834 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2, Katara is MVP. Zaheer is a weak link.

#108 Edited by Cs1013 (76 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by thebuckaronatr (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaheer is a weak link without flight and the surroundings favour Bolin and Katara. The second team wins.

#110 Posted by Cs1013 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxcarzellxxx: I believe there was an instance in bolin's fight with ghazan when he says he is giving him ammo, he is blocking lava