Zuko/Zaheer vs Katara/Bolin

• 109 results
AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@arcus: Wait, so is zuko better than azula?

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: the only reason mako blocked it was because ghazan bent a small stream of lava not the large waves that bolin does

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: they're more or less equal she was more skilled he was more powerful post dragon training

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Wait, so is zuko better than azula?

I'd say they're about equal. Zuko was evenly matched with Katara in the Catacombs, but they didn't fight for long at all

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notoriousle said:

Bolin is the weakest bender here. Katara can probably take Zuko but with Zaheer team 1 should take it.

I wouldn't be so sure about him being the weakest here. By the end of book 4 he was quite formidable, and I'd place him in the same tier as the likes of Katara, Zuko, or Zaheer

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Here is another one for you, @arcus. I don't think you have this one. Good showing of raw bending power.

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is another one for you, @arcus. I don't think you have this one. Good showing of raw bending power.

No Caption Provided

I did not have that one, but it is rather nifty

ebonhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ebonhawk

Team 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I think it will be easier for zaheer to block because every time air and lava comes in contact air wins. That doesn't mean zaheer will be blocking everything, but Bolin's not going to use lavabending to kill with morals. My point is Bolin is beatable, I personally feel both these benders can beat him for reasons I already stated.

Also one of your gifs is misleading. The one where Bolin is splitting the building, he had the help of several earth benders.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx: 1- learning flight is a new skill.

2- Do you honestly believe that Bolin can hang with Tenzin? Do you honestly believe Bolin can hang with Bumi, Pakku, Unalaq, Ozai, zaheer with flight, Amon, or Tarrlok?

3-it doesn't matter how much it was, firebending still blocked lavabending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: I think it will be easier for zaheer to block because every time air and lava comes in contact air wins. That doesn't mean zaheer will be blocking everything, but Bolin's not going to use lavabending to kill with morals. My point is Bolin is beatable, I personally feel both these benders can beat him for reasons I already stated.

Also one of your gifs is misleading. The one where Bolin is splitting the building, he had the help of several earth benders.

They split the other sides of the building, that was his side

He regularly uses lava against people, maybe not going for the kill but he's not unwilling to take that risk

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22: 1 zaheer doesn't have flight here so the fact that you keep bringing it up is irrelevant

2. Bolin with lava bending and pro bending mixed he could hang majority of people from the avatar verse due to it being a unique style of bending

3.it does matter because the large amounts were unblockable

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: 1- We are both wrong about the gif. It wasn't several people helping him, it was only Lin and Suyin. You can see Suyin in the corner of the gif. The gif only shows him splitting the building but all three of them split the same side. In the video it cuts to Lin and Suyin right after the gif you posted.

2- he only used it against 2 people, one could lavabend, the rest have been mech-tanks. I positive he wasn't trying to kill the other because of the way he beat him.

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx:

1- what's your definition of hang with? Bolin will get slaughtered by everyone on that list. Lavabending isn't unstoppable.

2- YOU asked a question about zaheer's flight and I answered it.

3- Any thing can be blocked. Zuko and Azula was blocking each other's powerful fire blast under SC. Metal and earth blocked some of Ghazan lavabending.

4- the only reason you have given is lavabending. That's not going to automatically give team 2 the win.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22: 1 hang with means he won't get one or two shotted if you saw his fight with unalaq he lasted longer than mako

2. I asked what skills did he learn from flight and that's all I wanted but you provided none so it became irrelevant

3. They were both using fire plus axial wasn't at her best ... Even when mako "blocked the lava" it still went towards him and falling by or around him . No earth bender has fully blocked lava without giving him ammo

4. Lava bending will be team 2 trump card

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxcarzellxxx:

1-Your definition of hang with is wrong. Under you definition Zaheer was hanging with Tenzin even though Zaheer didn't land a hit and Tenzin was clearly dominating.

2-your right it's irrelevant

3- other than your head canon, what suggest that lavabending can't be blocked in large amounts? When has that ever been stated or shown? Lavabending has been blocked by multiple elements. It doesn't matter the amount.

4- fun fact, Bolin has never hit a bender with lavabending. Lavabending can be blocked and dodged. Zuko and Zaheer can block and dodge lavabending. The fact that you are completely ignoring katara is baffling to me. There is no way Bolin is taking this solely because he can lavabend. Other than lavabending do you have a reason why team 2 wins?

5- the Unalaq fight is irrelevant because he had mako helping him. How long mako lasted is irrelevant because mako isn't in this fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22 said:

@arcus: 1- We are both wrong about the gif. It wasn't several people helping him, it was only Lin and Suyin. You can see Suyin in the corner of the gif. The gif only shows him splitting the building but all three of them split the same side. In the video it cuts to Lin and Suyin right after the gif you posted.

2- he only used it against 2 people, one could lavabend, the rest have been mech-tanks. I positive he wasn't trying to kill the other because of the way he beat him.

Yeah I know Lin and Suyin helped him. They were splitting the other sides of the building while he split that side

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king22

Lin and Su only helped him topple it over but the splitting of the building was all him. You can even see Su on top the building next to him and she is defintely not bending. The actual tear in the strcuture matches up exactly with Bolin's arm motions and he is the only one shown to be bending. Go to 13:25

Loading Video...

Emperor97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnus18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one. Zuko impressed me more as bender than Bolin. Zaheer should be able to beat Katara due to his equivalent skill and highly unorthodox style.

NotoriousLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I do agree Bolin's showings by Book 4 are very impressive. I never said he was a weak bender, I just don't think he contends with a potential blood bender, Zuko's output of fire/lightning while also being much quick on his feet, and the man you can fly with thought. I'm interested to hear who you think is the weakest bender here. No disrespect. I know that sounded kind of snarky. Lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I do agree Bolin's showings by Book 4 are very impressive. I never said he was a weak bender, I just don't think he contends with a potential blood bender, Zuko's output of fire/lightning while also being much quick on his feet, and the man you can fly with thought. I'm interested to hear who you think is the weakest bender here. No disrespect. I know that sounded kind of snarky. Lol

Zuko doesn't have lightning, and Zaheer can't fly for this match

I think they're all roughly even, wouldn't say either team has a weak link

NotoriousLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Right... I forgot OP said no flying. Zaheer is still pretty agile either way and I always figured Zuko would learn it at some point but he has only redirected lightning. I suppose I can concur with that under these conditions. *insert applause *

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is coool

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shihan said:

This is coool

Thanks. Any thoughts on who wins?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Zaheer tilts the scales and in-character Bolin isn't helping with that at all. So Team 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Zaheer tilts the scales and in-character Bolin isn't helping with that at all. So Team 1.

Even in character Bolin's willing to use lava against people, and he was blowing up mechs and bunkers when Team Avatar attacked the Southern portal. Plus I feel like he'd be less likely to hold back against Zaheer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:

Even in character Bolin's willing to use lava against people, and he was blowing up mechs and bunkers when Team Avatar attacked the Southern portal. Plus I feel like he'd be less likely to hold back against Zaheer

Again, he still held back.

And he was forced into this situations.

So that mean's he's morals off or what? That would be morals off Bolin, that is if he know's who Zaheer is and fighting him to his best potential.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd put my money on those more willing to do lethal damage. If bloodlust is included, then team two easily (bloodbend them still then smother in lava).

In character, it's close but team one wins eventually.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:

So that mean's he's morals off or what? That would be morals off Bolin, that is if he know's who Zaheer is and fighting him to his best potential.

I'm saying that in character he's relatively likely to loosen his morals against someone like Zaheer, imo at least

@soduh2 said:

I'd put my money on those more willing to do lethal damage. If bloodlust is included, then team two easily (bloodbend them still then smother in lava).

Even with bloodlust Katara wouldn't be able to bloodbend-no full moon

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By gamejutsu

@arcus: What the heck man? You didn't tag me!

Zuko is cooler than Katara, and Bolin as well.

Why does that matter?

The cool character is cool in the first place because their feats made them cool. Zuko's feats are way more impressive, thus giving him that position.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: What the heck man? You didn't tag me!

Zuko is cooler than Katara, and Bolin as well.

Why does that matter?

The cool character is cool in the first place because their feats made them cool. Zuko's feats are way more impressive, thus giving him that position.

Are you not on my callout list? I'll have to fix that

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Too l8 for that m8.

I still say Zuko and Zaheer win, and if they lose, it will be close.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: Too l8 for that m8.

I still say Zuko and Zaheer win, and if they lose, it will be close.

I apologize :)

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:
@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:

I'm saying that in character he's relatively likely to loosen his morals against someone like Zaheer, imo at least

@soduh2 said:

I assumed it was with the "twilight" setting. Regardless, I'm still going for team Zuko/Zaheer.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zaheer is the least powerful here overall, and I highly doubt he can overpower the defenses of team 2. Katara knows how to deal with firebenders very effectively, and would likely beat Zuko after a decent bout. Bolin should at the very least be able to put enough pressure on Zaheer to keep him on his toes until Katara wins. Team 2 7.5/10.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2 said:
@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:
@arcus said:
@llehdevil said:

@soduh2 said:

I assumed it was with the "twilight" setting. Regardless, I'm still going for team Zuko/Zaheer.

Twilight would be in between day and night, so firebenders and waterbenders would be equally amped

@laflux said:
@juiceboks said:

Zaheer is the least powerful here overall, and I highly doubt he can overpower the defenses of team 2. Katara knows how to deal with firebenders very effectively, and would likely beat Zuko after a decent bout. Bolin should at the very least be able to put enough pressure on Zaheer to keep him on his toes until Katara wins. Team 2 7.5/10.

For both rounds?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@juiceboks said:

I have to disagree, Zaheer can take either person in this setting and moral state. Team 2 doesn't have any defense if they can't deal with Zaheer's agility and his ability to take away his enemy's footing off the ground

End of series Zuko could take it to cqc if he had to, he's stronger and more durable, and Katara in-character isn't willing to kill. Not only that, but from what it sound's it sound's like they're starting close, like where Hama and Katara started off. ( @arcus what is it? )

Bolin's not going to put any pressure in-character and Zaheer can dodge, evade or even block any small amounts of lava he'll throw at them.

Not only this but Katara doesn't have enough water to work with. It's definitely going to be a lot closer than 7.5/10 in favor of Team 2 which I can't really get by.

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By shihan

Cool & awesome battle

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team Z

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Arcus1
@laflux said:
@juiceboks said:

I have to disagree, Zaheer can take either person in this setting and moral state. Team 2 doesn't have any defense if they can't deal with Zaheer's agility and his ability to take away his enemy's footing off the ground

End of series Zuko could take it to cqc if he had to, he's stronger and more durable, and Katara in-character isn't willing to kill. Not only that, but from what it sound's it sound's like they're starting close, like where Hama and Katara started off. ( @arcus what is it? )

Bolin's not going to put any pressure in-character and Zaheer can dodge, evade or even block any small amounts of lava he'll throw at them.

Not only this but Katara doesn't have enough water to work with. It's definitely going to be a lot closer than 7.5/10 in favor of Team 2 which I can't really get by.

Yeah something like that for the starting distance

Bolin's used large amounts of lava against people in character

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't zaheer just bend the air out of their lungs? With zuko spraying fire around, they could also suffocate them from smoke inhalation. Team 1 has this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

They were actual enemies there were threatening people who were innocent at the time, and I'm pretending that Bolin doesn't know who Zaheer is in this situation. Not only that but he never kills anyone.

And Zaheer has air, he can close the distance quickly and take Bolin's feet off the ground. He has his staff which he can block the lava if he really has to.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

They were actual enemies there were threatening people who were innocent at the time, and I'm pretending that Bolin doesn't know who Zaheer is in this situation. Not only that but he never kills anyone.

And Zaheer has air, he can close the distance quickly and take Bolin's feet off the ground. He has his staff which he can block the lava if he really has to.

So Zuko and Zaheer aren't actual enemies?

I was thinking they'd have in character knowledge

Can't zaheer just bend the air out of their lungs? With zuko spraying fire around, they could also suffocate them from smoke inhalation. Team 1 has this

He's only ever used that on people who can't fight back

Firebending doesn't produce smoke, and smoke inhalation's never been a problem

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Team 1. Katara is the MVP and Bolin can stalemate or beat either Zuko or Zaheer.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the matchups. If it goes Zaheer vs Bolin and Katara vs Zuko, I see team 1 winning, because airbending seems like the perfect counter to lava, and while Bolin's fast, Zaheer's faster. Zuko vs Katara will be a drawn out affair going by their battle in the Catacombs. On the other hand, if it goes Zaheer vs Katara and Zuko vs Bolin, I see team 2 winning. Katara should beat Zaheer, and Bolin could potentially beat or tie with Zuko.

I think team 1 wins, because intra-era matchups are more likely, as they'd prefer to fight people they know something about. Bolin also has some serious beef with Zaheer.