Omizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Random encounter in NYC Times Square but both are bloodlusted, start distance 30 feet and Sozin's Comet is present.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Omizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator

Zuko probably just flies up and/or one shots him with Sozin's Comet. Ebony would win without it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

oi oparu.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar characters get shat on by blood-benders. I foresee them having issues with a TK user for all the same reasons.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming Maw can deflect fire he wins.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amendment50
No Caption Provided

hes back

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Maw on this, even with the Sozin’s comet amp.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

Assuming Maw can deflect fire he wins.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maw Stomps...Zuko's powers are inconsequential compared to his...and he hasn't watched enough "movers" to compensate...

Omizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

hes back

You should celebrate. Avatar threads are dead without me.

Maw Stomps...Zuko's powers are inconsequential compared to his...and he hasn't watched enough "movers" to compensate...

Know what you are talking about before posting. Maw's little baby telekinesis is nothing compared to what Zuko has gone up against.

Omizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar characters get shat on by blood-benders. I foresee them having issues with a TK user for all the same reasons.

Too bad Maw like every other telekinetic in cinematic history can't use their powers to affect an opponent's body directly unless they are already off balance. I foresee Maw getting half his face burned off when he failed to stop his own attack from being redirected.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omizzle: When was this an issue suggested by the movie?

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol zuko take this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
deactivated-5c522ab96172e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenguswordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tenguswordsman

Maw for a majority.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Laurus

@andromeda101: What a stick in the mud. It's not by the way, making a thread with a clear idea of who wins is though.

Omizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: In literally all of Scarlet Witch's battles. Even to the point where Proxima Midnight had her on the ropes barely deflecting her sword swing when she could've just grabbed the sword along with the rest of Proxima. Ebony Maw also never grabbed anyone in combat either because they can't, the only time Maw directly grabbed someone was when Cull was sent flying by Ironman directly at him, unbalanced and ragdolled in the air.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zetsu-San

@omizzle: Scarlet Witch isn't Ebony Maw. Her TK involves an energy aura that has to move and envolope objects for her to manipulate them. It also seems to require a lot of concentration as well as complex spell-like hand gestures.

when she could've just grabbed the sword along with the rest of Proxima.

Funny, since that's quite literally, exactly, what she did.

Loading Video...

She also did direct TK to Vision, so it's not even a consistent issue for her:

Loading Video...

Cull is heavier and stronger than Zuko is, and was also sailing right at him at high speeds. He really shouldn't have any problems TKing Zuko.

Iron Man got close very briefly, but Cull intercepted that fight and Maw seemed to trust he could handle it, he didn't even flinch when Iron Man flew directly at him.

Even if he couldn't TK Iron Man, it's likely because Iron Man can fly, which would let him struggle against the TK to a degree that someone without flight (and thus no traction) would likely be in capable of.

Strange also got in range (another character with flight abilities) and he actually DID get TKed, which was then reinforced with environmental TK:

Loading Video...

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maw wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko's my fav Avatar character but he loses here

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mismatch

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc7a4f71ee91
deactivated-5bc7a4f71ee91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

@omizzle: Scarlet Witch isn't Ebony Maw. Her TK involves an energy aura that has to move and envolope objects for her to manipulate them. It also seems to require a lot of concentration as well as complex spell-like hand gestures.

when she could've just grabbed the sword along with the rest of Proxima.

Funny, since that's quite literally, exactly, what she did.

Loading Video...

She also did direct TK to Vision, so it's not even a consistent issue for her:

Loading Video...

Cull is heavier and stronger than Zuko is, and was also sailing right at him at high speeds. He really shouldn't have any problems TKing Zuko.

Iron Man got close very briefly, but Cull intercepted that fight and Maw seemed to trust he could handle it, he didn't even flinch when Iron Man flew directly at him.

Even if he couldn't TK Iron Man, it's likely because Iron Man can fly, which would let him struggle against the TK to a degree that someone without flight (and thus no traction) would likely be in capable of.

Strange also got in range (another character with flight abilities) and he actually DID get TKed, which was then reinforced with environmental TK:

Loading Video...

Makes no difference. At end of the day it is telekinesis. It can not be used on any opponent in a fight unless their guard is down or they are ofd balance. Proxima Midnight was pressuring Wanda the entire battle and Wanda only ragdolled her once Vision's scream made them pause:

Couldn't grab her directly here
Couldn't grab her directly here
Getting blitzed and can't respond adequately
Getting blitzed and can't respond adequately

On top of that Ebony Maw grabbing Cull whilst he was flailing in the air is worthless. In order fpr a telekinetic to even grab an opponent they have to be within close range and that will never come to be as Zuko will start 30 feet away as stated in the OP and abuse his raw power to stomp Maw. He can't do anything.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ebony Maw will get overwhelmed fast. Worst part is that these are displays of Zuko's power by the end of season 3. He has improved vastly since then.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiger13:

Makes no difference. At end of the day it is telekinesis. It can not be used on any opponent in a fight unless their guard is down or they are ofd balance. Proxima Midnight was pressuring Wanda the entire battle and Wanda only ragdolled her once Vision's scream made them pause:

And once again. Wanda is not Maw. They have completely different powers. Just because they are both capable of doing similar things, does not change the fact that the mechanisms are fundamentally different.

Wanda requires more concentration than Maw does. She has more raw power than him, but speed and fine control in activating her abilities. Hence why constant close range pressure was enough to prevent her from fighting properly.

In order fpr a telekinetic to even grab an opponent they have to be within close range and that will never come to be as Zuko will start 30 feet away as stated in the OP and abuse his raw power to stomp Maw. He can't do anything.

The fight is taking place in the middle of New York Times Square, there's tons of objects that he can use as barriers and to apply counter pressure. There's no reason to think he can't TK the flames as well.

Zuko is closer to Scarlet Witch in this scenario, as his abilities require him to perform complex body movements. Movements that can get restricted with the simple wave of Maw's hand.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiger13: Also, did you really get banned and come back on a new account that quickly? Wow...

Avatar image for milliardopeacecraft
MilliardoPeacecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do know arguing for a character winning in your own thread is against the rules, no? So...

Jesus Christ. this guy is cringe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus said:

What a stick in the mud. It's not by the way, making a thread with a clear idea of who wins is though.

It's a basic logic conclusion that if you're arguing for a side to win in your own thread and especially only minutes later after having posted the battle itself as the OP did, it's clear that was already made with a winner in mind regardless. Even if isn't specifically against the rules, it can be inferred as such and would be arguing semantics to say otherwise, even more in this case(Plus I have seen many threads being locked and users called out by the mods using justification before, so I don't see why would be different here).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zetsu-San

@andromeda101 said:

@milliardopeacecraft said:

Jesus Christ. this guy is cringe

Are you talking about whom, may I ask?

Probably the one who didn't even make it to a full 10 posts before getting banned, then immediately coming back with a new account to argue in the exact same thread he was banned in in the first place.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laurus said:

@andromeda101: What a stick in the mud. It's not by the way, making a thread with a clear idea of who wins is though.

He's made it abundantly clear that he believes Zuko wins in a stomp.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: I'd say Maw can't directly TK other people as well. He has made some questionable decisions that led me to believe that.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Amendment50

@andromeda101 said:

@laurus said:

What a stick in the mud. It's not by the way, making a thread with a clear idea of who wins is though.

It's a basic logic conclusion that if you're arguing for a side to win in your own thread and especially only minutes later after having posted the battle itself as the OP did, it's clear that was already made with a winner in mind regardless. Even if isn't specifically against the rules, it can be inferred as such and would be arguing semantics to say otherwise, even more in this case.

The rules state specifically to keep debating in your own thread to a minimum and not to show bias in your thread. And that you should be able to make an argument for either character in your thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

Probably the one who didn't even make it to a full 10 posts before getting banned, then immediately coming back with a new account to argue in the exact same thread he was banned in in the first place.

Meh...As I said, Zets, you can never be too sure. :P

Like what happened during that MCU Dormammu vs Ego thread, things got nasty quicky.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@mylittlefascist: I'd say Maw can't directly TK other people as well. He has made some questionable decisions that led me to believe that.

I don't think he has enough showings to suggest that he can't. At best he has some range issues, but pretty much everyone he has fraught has had flying abilities.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Getting defensive doesn't exactly help keep things from getting nasty though. xD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50 said:

The rules state specifically to keep debating in your own thread to a minimum and not to show bias in your thread. And that you should be able to make an argument for either character in your thread.

Of course, because it's exactly what happened in this thread after all. The user kept his arguments at the minimum and never once expressed that believed its stomp for either'as a side, so much that didn't get a ban.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zetsu-San
@andromeda101 said:

@amendment50 said:

Of course, because it's exactly what happened in this thread after all. The user kept his arguments at the minimum and never once expressed that believed its stomp for either'as a side, so much that didn't get a ban.

To be fair, I am pretty sure he was banned because he was already a banned user and not because of a small infraction such as this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

Getting defensive doesn't exactly help keep things from getting nasty though. xD

Geez...Don't you have a cringe competition against Amber to win? Heh.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Nah I gave up on that. Even if I demolish Amber, I'd never be able to compete with you. =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

Nah I gave up on that. Even if I demolish Amber, I'd never be able to compete with you. =P

You don't need to.

The student has surpassed the master. You're in a league of your own now. :P

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anthp2000  Moderator

@andromeda101 said:

@amendment50 said:

To be fair, I am pretty sure he was banned because he was already a banned user and not because of a small infraction such as this.

No, he was banned because he was already a benned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned user who was a very reasonable debater.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Such praise fills me with pride. Still, I fear you simply don't give yourself enough credit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000 said:

@mylittlefascist said:
@andromeda101 said:

@amendment50 said:

No, he was banned because he was already a benned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned alt of a banned user who was a very reasonable debater.

Hmmm...Must be Prod1gy's relative then, lol.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: If he was a reasonable debater, why'd he get banned so many times? xD

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: If he was a reasonable debater, why'd he get banned so many times? xD

It's because the rest of the Vine was being unreasonable with him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist said:

Such praise fills me with pride. Still, I fear you simply don't give yourself enough credit.

On the contrary, my friend.

Credit where credit's due, you have long left me in the dust in this category.