lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itachus17:

@lilcabbage:

Cool so if Azula wasn't insane it would've given her an extra edge it what ur saying.

If Azula wouldn't have been insane would have Zuko clearly lost is what i'm saying.

How Azula would just have an edge in fighting style thats about it.

Doesn't change her physical state.

Whut? Massive mental stress has significant influence on the physical state.

Frequent constant stress over a long period of time. The massive mental stress was seen only once. Bloodlust enhances both speed and power.

Ming hua had water connected from her water arms to the pond. Thus she got electrocuted when mako shot the lighting.

Meaning water obviously can't actually block lightning.

What I'm suggesting is that if the water is not touching ur body then u can block it.

No, you can at best change it's course and it restricts waterbenders a lot to avoid connected techniques.

Here a scenario. Azula fires lighting, katara makes a water bubble infront of the lighting thus lighting is transferred to the water and doesn't electrocute her. Essentially blocking the electricity.

The movement she had too do too produce the fire took more then 1 second.

Icicles are obviously made out of ice and would already melt before even reaching the fire, Azula don't remotely need to use that technique just for icicles.

The icicles would be moving too fast for azula to melt all of them at medium range.

Why are you posting a scan of azula dodging it? I never said she couldn't.

So why are you mentioned that pretty useless technique then?

When did I say dodging is a useless technique?

How do azula/katara block lava thats coming at them.

With a watershield and Zuko with the same shield he used against CM.

The water would just evaporate immediately and even if it did extinguish the lava. He can just generate lava again whilst katara now has her water gone. No idea what ur referring to with zuko.

Thank you jesus.

Hmmm.

Because of her mental state she isn't fighting properly and zuko got a blow in. If azula wasn't mental they would still be fighting evenly, same stats.

That makes no sense at all and Azula has significantly better physical speed and agility feats, also would she fight much better and actually use all her advantages properly.

Yet within her bloodlust state zuko was countering her.

She didn't have her eye bags then or a breakdown.

So what? The effects still started earlier, they were just weaker.

Well you can't prove early signs of stress affects her physique at all. Its different with every person.if there was an actual scene showing how the stress made her physically weak then I would concede.

Oh wow so I have to know all the specifics to debate a topic on here is what ur saying.

If you want to make a good argument should you indeed know all crucial details.

Except this wasn't related to my argument at all I just wanted proof.

The difference it would've made is abysmal. Her fighting style would change thats it

If her fighting style would change that's it somehow means to you she would be significantly better and kick Zuko's ass sure, otherwise not so much.

Nope she wouldn't kick zuko's ass.

You say it was Iroh but you don't show him kicking azula off. Regardless I really don't care

Cause what Zuko and Azula did is way more important here, oh and you should care about your own arguments.

This isn't related to my core argument at all, I said If I remember correctly zuko kicked azula off a boat. Why is this fight so important? Wheres Iron kicking azula off the boat?

Not necessarily true at all. There is a change in mental state but not so much physical. It happened on the same day so its literally just recent stress. Even if there was physical change it would be close to nonexistent

Every doctor and psychologist who ever reads that will facepalm hard...

A.k.A I have no response.

Changed her fighting style but not her general physical stats. Regardless how you want to call it.

Nonsense is how i call it, nobody would ever send a fighter in such a condition into a ring except he/she wants that fighter to lose badly.

They'll lose because they don't fight properly is what ur saying. Bloodlust heightens your adrenaline to the max meaning you are overall stronger in speed and strength then if you weren't.

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having enough sleep. Just because you are stressed, fatigued, or tired doesn't mean ur sleep deprived. Are they symptoms of sleep deprivation? Sure. Sleep deprivation is much more severe then recent stress not repeating this again.

Again this is all affecting her mental prowess not physical.

Again this is where the disagreement happens you think recent Stress lowers one's stats to a massive degree whilst I Don't. Its literally a matter of opinion.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@lilcabbage said:

@theoriginalone: Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having enough sleep. Just because you are stressed, fatigued, or tired doesn't mean ur sleep deprived. Are they symptoms of sleep deprivation? Sure. Sleep deprivation is much more severe then recent stress not repeating this again.

It is not much more severe. Because of that extreme stress, she was fatigued, moody, irritable, clumsy, etc etc. These are the EXACT symptoms of sleep deprivation.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/307334.php

When you are that badly stressed and tired, you need to sleep. When you don't sleep, guess what, you BECOME SLEEP DEPRIVED.

Again this is all affecting her mental prowess not physical.

How is being tired not affecting you physical ability???? What are you even talking about? And you do know that mental stress actually tires you out even more than say exercise?

Again this is where the disagreement happens you think recent Stress lowers one's stats to a massive degree whilst I Don't. Its literally a matter of opinion.

No, it is not. This is extreme stress we are talking about. Also, you don't seem to understand that stress tires you out quicker. When stress causes fatigue, like it did in this case which is shown with the eye bags, then it decreases your stats.

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lilcabbage

@theoriginalone: You're a dumbass lmfao those are just symptoms. Just because she has those symptoms doesn't mean she was sleep deprived. I could have a severe breathing problem does it mean I have lung cancer? Also she was never shown fatigued before the fight. Being moody irritable etc can just mean your stressed. You seem to be trying to push that she's sleep deprived just because she had eye bags and a mental breakdown. It doesn't work like that. Earlier on the same day they fought Azula didn't have eye bags meaning that she wasn't sleep deprived the day before. Severe stress enough to cause eyebags doesn't correlate to sleep deprivation because the stress itself caused it. I don't know how much times I'm going to tell you this through your thick head because you're really not proving anything. Humans only need sleep once a night not during the day, not sleeping during the day no matter how stressed u are doesn't give you sleep deprivation jesus christ.

When was she shown tired before the fight.

No getting eye bags doesn't decrease ur stats. Stress really doesn't affect ur physical prowess unless its constant and over time and even then it doesn't decrease by much. Pretty sure the article read says stress can cause fatigue meaning the effect of stress is different among people no matter how severe. Meanwhile the effects of bloodlust is the same among everybody more adrenaline pumping=pain tolerance, stamina, speed, strength this is undeniable. You can't prove the stress made her fatigue unless u show me her getting tired from it before the fight ill concede if you do.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt like Azula was somewhat underperforming against Katara in the Crystal Cave, i think Azula would win because of her greater agility, precision and firepower.

Bolin could give Zuko trouble lava but i think Zuko might be to fast for him, which means Zuko probably wins.

Azula would win against Zuko but i doubt the fights would be simultaneously over, each team has probably around 50% chance to win. Azula and Bolin should win with Sozin's Comet because of the big upgrade for Zuko and Azula.

+1

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Laiks Stake

Azula beats Katara ( would stomp with comics feats ).

Zuko beats Bolin.

Azula beats Zuko.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: lmfao those are just symptoms. Just because she has those symptoms doesn't mean she was sleep deprived. I could have a severe breathing problem does it mean I have lung cancer? Also she was never shown fatigued before the fight. Being moody irritable etc can just mean your stressed. You seem to be trying to push that she's sleep deprived just because she had eye bags and a mental breakdown. It doesn't work like that. Earlier on the same day they fought Azula didn't have eye bags meaning that she wasn't sleep deprived the day before. Severe stress enough to cause eyebags doesn't correlate to sleep deprivation because the stress itself caused it. I don't know how much times I'm going to tell you this through your thick head because you're really not proving anything. Humans only need sleep once a night not during the day, not sleeping during the day no matter how stressed u are doesn't give you sleep deprivation jesus christ.

Sigh... Where have you see where stress causes eye bags??? You didn't even know that stress causes fatigue dude. Severe stress does NOT CAUSE EYE BAGS, STOP THIS BULLSHIT ALREADY. Eye bags are generally already related to tiredness. Humans only need to sleep at night?? Are you high right now boy? Humans just need to sleep. When you are that extremely tired and have not slpet, GUESS WHAT BOY, you are sleep deprived. You seem to think sleep deprived just means you haven't slept for days...... NO. When you have stress this extreme, you can get tired very quickly and need sleep.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THIS TO YOU?

The fact that earlier in the day she didn't have those eye bags actually enforces my point because it shows HOW SEVERE HER STRESS WAS. Why do you keep overlooking this part? Are you really this stupid? The fact she got to the point of having eyes bags from stress that didn't start that long ago enforces EVERYTHING I am saying.

When was she shown tired before the fight.

Let me break it down for you slowly so maybe this time, even someone like you can understand. She was being pampered the WHOLE DAY. She was relaxing. So how the heck can someone like that get eye bags under her eyes when she hasn't done anything strenuous? Stress. And what do we know - stress, especially this server, CAUSES FATIGUE AND TIREDNESS. She has trouble tying her hair. She was hallucinating. She had eye bags for someone who did nothing in the day.....

So how the heck can you claim she was not tired?

No getting eye bags doesn't decrease ur stats. Stress really doesn't affect ur physical prowess unless its constant and over time and even then it doesn't decrease by much. Pretty sure the article read says stress can cause fatigue meaning the effect of stress is different among people no matter how severe. Meanwhile the effects of bloodlust is the same among everybody more adrenaline pumping=pain tolerance, stamina, speed, strength this is undeniable. You can't prove the stress made her fatigue unless u show me her getting tired from it before the fight ill concede if you do.

My GOD... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT THIS WAS SEVERE STRESS. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL THIS TO YOU. HOW MANY GOD DAMN TIME?????? The proof she was tired IS THE EYEBAGS... Are you really this stupid? You don't just get eye bags that quickly from NOWHERE. That does not happen. The fact that she was tired (eye bags), the fact after a little spar she was out of breath while Zuko, who is lower than her in stats wasn't, is all indicators THAT SHE WAS EXTREMELY TIRED.

Stress cause you fatigue, the quote you mentioned literally destroyed your own argument as it says - stress can cause fatigue meaning the effect of stress is different among people no matter how severe. - HER'S WAS EXTREME STRESS. I have literally gone over this with you and you seem you have already forgotten everything. EVERY GOD DAMN THING.

We have shown you how skilled Azula was before she lost control, we have shown you how she beat zuko whole holding back but you ignore all of this just for the final fight where, it was mentioned 2, TWICE, by Zuko himself and Lo and Li that Azula was off her game and losing her mind.

How much more are you going to bullshit dude?

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lilcabbage

@theoriginalone: But she literally slept the day before. Show her not being able to sleep. You don't seem to understand the definiton sleep deprivation.(Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having enough sleep. ... A chronic sleep-restricted state can cause fatigue, daytime sleepiness, clumsiness and weight loss or weight gain. It adversely affects the brain and cognitive function.)Show me her failing to sleep ill wait. Like I said 3 times now, severe stress doesn't always make you fatigue or tired. Its different among many people and its usually stress over many days that causes such effects.

Trouble tieing her hair and hallucination = mental u dummy. You admit she was relaxing the whole they then says she's tired? ok?

Wow I can't believe people like you actually get angry from losing an argument. You seem to be repeating the same points over and over again even though I've already debunked it all. You refuse to accept anything I say. The quote you posted says can meaning some people don't actual get tired from stress. Getting eye bags from stress doesn't always=getting tired/fatigued. Getting eye bags from sleep deprivation is another story.

I see you can't actually prove she was sleep deprived or getting tired from stress. She was severely stressed thats it. Well I don't like repeating my arguments to someone who doesn't understand a word definition so I hope you get educated from this final post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clkiJ_azL8 If you still think she was tired/fatigued then I've lost hope in you.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@lilcabbage said:

@theoriginalone: But she literally slept the day before. Show her not being able to sleep. You don't seem to understand the definiton sleep deprivation.(Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having enough sleep. ... A chronic sleep-restricted state can cause fatigue, daytime sleepiness, clumsiness and weight loss or weight gain. It adversely affects the brain and cognitive function.)Show me her failing to sleep ill wait. Like I said 3 times now, severe stress doesn't always make you fatigue or tired. Its different among many people and its usually stress over many days that causes such effects.

She didn't have extreme stress the day before. Sigh.. The stress started THAT DAY. She got eye bags THAT DAY. She started hallucinating THAT DAY.

No, you didn't even know stress cause fatigue. That is how stupid you are. This is the last time I am going to rrapt this BOY, this was extreme stress. You own quote said that is DEPENDS ON THE DEGREE. Most human stress is NOT THAT EXTREME. For god sakes, READ THIS TIME.

And for the last time again, this is not about her failing to fall asleep but that she didn't get time to. Everything was happening so fast that she didn't get time to. I have seen multiple cases where people haven't slept for 1 day and had no energy the next. And this is them NOT BEING STRESSED.

Funny thing is, you own definition of sleep deprivation fits her symptoms LMAO. She was fatigued. She was very clumsy as she couldn't even tie her hair. She did have her cognitive function affected as she was hallucination and making wild decoins by firing everyone. Can you get anymore moronic here? You literally killed your entire argument here.

Most stress doesn't cause this level of damage BOY. Most stress doesn't cause eye bags in a short while. Most stress doesn't cause hallucinations. Most stress doesn't cause you to be out of breath from something that didn't even strain you before.

Trouble tieing her hair and hallucination = mental u dummy. You admit she was relaxing the whole they then says she's tired? ok?

Child, that is when the stressed kicked in. As you said, she was losing her mind but as I have told you before child, that causes fatigue. YOU DON'T GET EYE BAGS UNDER YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE NOT TIRED. How many times do I have to repeat this boy?

The fact she was relacing before the stress started shows anyone who has a above retarded IQ that her stress was so severe that it caused her to tire out out of the blue.

Wow I can't believe people like you actually get angry from losing an argument. You seem to be repeating the same points over and over again even though I've already debunked it all. You refuse to accept anything I say. The quote you posted says can meaning some people don't actual get tired from stress. Getting eye bags from stress doesn't always=getting tired/fatigued. Getting eye bags from sleep deprivation is another story.

Debunked what BOY? You couldn't even remember the simple fact that she was severely stressed. You didn't even know stress causes fatigue. You didn't even know that when you are tired, ity affects your physical stats as you can't put out your 100%. You didn't even know that before this point, Azula always whooped Zuko to the point that their father didn't care for his anymore.

Wait Wait Wait. Eye bags is a sign of tiredness BOY. This is not alien stuff child. The fact that she was wheezing after a little battle with Zuko shows she was extremely tired as before this point, Azula couldn't be fighting multiple opponents and didn't get this tired. Do you know how to put 1 and 1 together or do you need help with that as well?

I see you can't actually prove she was sleep deprived or getting tired from stress. She was severely stressed thats it. Well I don't like repeating my arguments to someone who doesn't understand a word definition so I hope you get educated from this final post.

I proved stress causes fatigue. I proved her stress was extreme. I proved that because of that extreme stress, fatigue and not being able to sleep that day, she was sleep deprived. I proved you know jack shit abut Azula or any of her fights. I proved that before this mental breakdown, she wiped the floor with Zuko.

I have destroyed you this whole debate. You ignore on panel feats, on panel statements and make up your own bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clkiJ_azL8 If you still think she was tired/fatigued then I've lost hope in you.

Did you not see heavy breathing?? Did you not see her eye bags? Are you high right now? Do you like posting out of context stuff to lie to people? Did you also somehow forget that you yourself said that even if you are fatigued, you can still do certain kinds of work?

Stop making yourself look like a fool.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Are you going to reply to his garbage?

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@lilcabbage:

https://www.bustle.com/p/weird-things-are-totally-normal-when-you-have-anxiety-30572

Read this before you reply to me - this destroy your whole argument:

"On top of all that weirdness, anxiety is almost as physically exhausting as it is mentally taxing. On the days when my anxiety is significantly high, it’s not weird at all for me to suffer from chest pains, fatigue, and stomach problems. Even on “good days,” my anxiety usually results in near-constant jaw pain, because I unconsciously clench my jaw when I’m feeling nervous or stressed out. Since I’m way too familiar with the strange side-effects that accompany anxiety, I decided to get a professional’s input on the topic."

"Anyone who struggles with anxiety knows that it affects so much more than your mental state. The mind and body are connected, so dealing with anxiety means dealing with its many physical side effects as well. The physical manifestations of anxiety can be vast, too. Muscle tension, heart palpitations, excessive sweating, trembling, chills, hot flashes, headache, chest pain, nausea, frequent urination or diarrhea, skin irritations, (like rashes and hives) and even exhaustion can accompany anxiety. What's even worse than all of that? According to Sueskind, "these symptoms can provoke even more stress, creating a self-perpetuating cycle." So basically, someone who's mentally ill is going to feel physically ill more often than not."

I underlined and highlighted the main parts for you as I know you are slow.

Cs1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason, I have constantly seen people downplay Zuko and it really gets to me sometimes. I can respect someone saying that a sane Azula may be better than him at the end of book 3, but for those who are saying that he loses comfortably and even still gets stomped I respectfully disagree with. Zuko, in my opinion, was approaching her at the end of book 2 based off their fights. He was basically stalemating Aang, she was losing to katara, he was stalemating Katara, and she was having an edge over Aang. Now I am not saying that Zuko is even to her at the end of Book 2, but he is getting closer and could give her a fight. Book 3 Zuko post dragon training in my opinion is basically even with her (maybe giving her a very slight edge).

I know people are going to bring up Iroh saying he could not handle Azula (even though he stalemated her twice before that, and if someone says Sokka had a part in that first fight, rewatch it and you will see that Zuko literally waited till he was back behind him until he stroke, and you will see how little Sokka played). Iroh had not seen Zuko fight in a while, so I simply can not take his word as credible in that specific scenario. I believe that Zuko took Katara to have a sure victory, knowing that Azula very well could beat him and did not want to take that chance. Now I am not downplaying Azula, I think she is actually above Katara by a little bit, but I just feel like Zuko is downplayed. Its my thread and I made it because I was curious on who wins with these teams, and I still do not know who I give the edge to, but I am coming to a conclusion.

If anyone would like to debate my claims, I am happy to have a good clash with you, thanks.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko and Katara.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara got the upper hand against Azula in the Catacombs. You can attribute it to Azula underestimating a "peasant" like Katara, but it's not PIS just because one of her attacks wasn't animated as quickly as you'd like or "they could've done....etc." It happened, fair and square. It could happen differently in a rematch, but the fight clearly establishes Katara as being at least a match for Azula

Also, Azula's insanity was clearly hurting her in the finale fight with Zuko, that's why Zuko was able to be superior. That being said, his fights with her at Boiling Rock and the Western Air Temple were significantly closer than his fights with her in Book 2, to the point that they were almost even

Both these things have been debated so many times, but I guess they're bound to come up again

As for this fight

R1: I'm thinking Zuko and Katara for a slim majority, Zuko's probably a tad better than Bolin, and Katara has an edge on Azula. Alternatively, I think Katara would have an edge on Bolin as well and should be able to take him while Zuko holds Azula

R2: Zuko and Azula are gonna have to fight each other this time, and I think Azula would eventually win, but it'd be a long fight. Assuming the firebenders don't take Katara/Bolin out at the beginning, one of them could turn the tide of Azula vs Zuko. I think Katara would edge out Bolin, but bloodlusted lavabending could catch her off guard. 50/50, maybe

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Itachus17

@cs1013:

If anyone would like to debate my claims, I am happy to have a good clash with you, thanks.

Gladly :).

For some reason, I have constantly seen people downplay Zuko and it really gets to me sometimes.

Hmmm like i already mentioned here, Zuko is actually my favourite character of the whole Avatarverse but sane(let alone Kemurikage) Azula is clearly a better bender/fighter.

I can respect someone saying that a sane Azula may be better than him at the end of book 3, but for those who are saying that he loses comfortably and even still gets stomped I respectfully disagree with.

I would say he loses clearly in the end but puts up a fight, he gets sure as hell not stomped anymore.

Zuko, in my opinion, was approaching her at the end of book 2 based off their fights.

Nope, rly can't agree with that.

He was basically stalemating Aang and she was having an edge over Aang.

All what happened there was highly inconsistent, but Azula literally just smacked Aang away:

No Caption Provided

she was losing to katara, he was stalemating Katara

Yes but Azula blatantly jobbed against Katara and was performing far worse than usually:

It starts with this madness here(even Sokka would have casually dodged that highly telegraphed and not especially fast attack):

No Caption Provided

So Zuko could rly just approach(or rather surpass) jobbing Azula with that comparison.

Now I am not saying that Zuko is even to her at the end of Book 2, but he is getting closer and could give her a fight.

Not that close if we compare their actual feats to be frank.

Book 3 Zuko post dragon training in my opinion is basically even with her (maybe giving her a very slight edge).

Not by actual feats, Avatar Extras and character statements including Zuko's own statements.

I know people are going to bring up Iroh saying he could not handle Azula

Iroh is actually the least important part for me, Zuko's own statements their actual feats and the context of their fights are the main reasons.

(even though he stalemated her twice before that

Not rly, the first fight was inconclusive and had a lot of context and the second was already gliding into insanity Azula and would have ended with Zuko's dead without help of the Gaang(Appa).

and if someone says Sokka had a part in that first fight, rewatch it and you will see that Zuko literally waited till he was back behind him until he stroke, and you will see how little Sokka played).

Sokka was clearly helpful there but more importantly was Azula's extremely unfavourable position(which is the only reason why Sokka was even a notable help in the first place), she was quite literally balancing on the edge of the Gondola and could barely use her significant agility advantage and Zuko + Sokka used a very smart tactic to restrict her even more(but were still not able to actually best her).

Iroh had not seen Zuko fight in a while, so I simply can not take his word as credible in that specific scenario.

Zuko himself agreed with Iroh, i rarely take anything but life advises seriously from Iroh (especially after Azula pretty soundly disproved his peace of mind neccesary for lightning theory XD).

I believe that Zuko took Katara to have a sure victory, knowing that Azula very well could beat him and did not want to take that chance.

Hmmm look at Zuko's explanation to Katara, right before the Agni Kai(quotes from IMDB):

Azula: Wait. You want to be Fire Lord? Fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be: Agni Kai.

Prince Zuko: You're on!

Katara: What are you doing? She's playing you. She knows she can't take us both, so she's trying to separate us.

Prince Zuko: I know, but I can take her this time.

Katara: But even you admitted to your uncle that you would need help facing Azula.

Prince Zuko: There's something off about her. I can't explain it, but she's slipping, and this way, no one else has to get hurt.

It's pretty clear that he only thinks he can take her cause she's slipping and that is also consistent with the other statements and the Avatar Extras.

Now I am not downplaying Azula, I think she is actually above Katara by a little bit, but I just feel like Zuko is downplayed.

I think Zuko gets pretty often downplayed but i find it rly hard to make a case for him being nigh even to sane Azula, i mean i could maybe interpret the statements differently if the feats would tell a different story(but Azula's actual feats in terms of versatility, potency, agility, etc... are straight up just too good, Zuko's are also good but rly not comparable for the most parts and the majority of his actual advantages are simply not too useful against Azula).

Its my thread and I made it because I was curious on who wins with these teams, and I still do not know who I give the edge to, but I am coming to a conclusion.

Well i still think this(but like mentioned Zuko would put up a fight against Azula, let alone Katara):

It goes imo:

Azula >= Katara > Zuko > Bolin

R1 + R2: Going with team 1 in a pretty close fight.

Bonus: Team 2 decisively, that is rly just between the Royal siblings.

Cs1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: The blantanly jobbing part is what I can’t agree with . You use parts of the fight where you believe based off Azula previous feats she should have not let happen , but let me ask you this : why was aang not able to catch azula on black sun, even though he has shown to run as fast as a blur and literally create tornadoes off his running ? Why did aang not dodge that straightforward blast in the crystal catacombs ? Why did zuko just stand there when aang sent that air image blast of himself ? There are a lot of instances where characters let something happen even though previous feats show they shouldn’t . There is no logical reason on why azula wouldn’t be on top of her game , and maybe in the context of the fight , katara was simply outfighting her .

Also with the gondola fight . When azula and zuko are fighting each other, neither can gain the edge . Zuko is quite easily stopping her attacks and vice versa . I’ll put it like this , if sokka wasn’t there , it would still be a stalemate.

With the southern raiders fight , azula may have just experienced betrayals, but she is still in her top fighting form . She is not wild , and still basically controlled . It was simply a stalemate once again . And yes Zuko May have died when they blasted each other off the gondola , but the fight itself was even and nothing can refute that .

Then when zuko submits to his uncle , it makes no sense . He just faught her evenly twice mind you , and had no hesitation to fight her. He could have retreated at the southern raiders fight , but he chose to stay behind . But when his uncle says he can’t hanfle her ( not even knowing how he fights now ) zuko submits ? It doesn’t make sense to me . I think he did it out of respect and also because he knew going alone was not a sure victory , and that’s a risk he could not take .

I am only talking about the azula in the series , not comics ( even though zuko in my opinion has gotten better in the comics , and he managed to beat her in of their fights , but I do say she is a little superior )

Azula simply remained stagnant in abilities to me based off feats and zuko got better to point where he could match her evenly . A slight superiority for azula sure , but I can’t say she wins more than a 6/10 majority , and it’s only my opinion

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vengefulshot  Online

@cs1013 said:

@itachus17: The blantanly jobbing part is what I can’t agree with . You use parts of the fight where you believe based off Azula previous feats she should have not let happen , but let me ask you this : why was aang not able to catch azula on black sun, even though he has shown to run as fast as a blur and literally create tornadoes off his running ? Why did aang not dodge that straightforward blast in the crystal catacombs ? Why did zuko just stand there when aang sent that air image blast of himself ? There are a lot of instances where characters let something happen even though previous feats show they shouldn’t . There is no logical reason on why azula wouldn’t be on top of her game , and maybe in the context of the fight , katara was simply outfighting her .

Also with the gondola fight . When azula and zuko are fighting each other, neither can gain the edge . Zuko is quite easily stopping her attacks and vice versa . I’ll put it like this , if sokka wasn’t there , it would still be a stalemate.

With the southern raiders fight , azula may have just experienced betrayals, but she is still in her top fighting form . She is not wild , and still basically controlled . It was simply a stalemate once again . And yes Zuko May have died when they blasted each other off the gondola , but the fight itself was even and nothing can refute that .

Then when zuko submits to his uncle , it makes no sense . He just faught her evenly twice mind you , and had no hesitation to fight her. He could have retreated at the southern raiders fight , but he chose to stay behind . But when his uncle says he can’t hanfle her ( not even knowing how he fights now ) zuko submits ? It doesn’t make sense to me . I think he did it out of respect and also because he knew going alone was not a sure victory , and that’s a risk he could not take .

I am only talking about the azula in the series , not comics ( even though zuko in my opinion has gotten better in the comics , and he managed to beat her in of their fights , but I do say she is a little superior )

Azula simply remained stagnant in abilities to me based off feats and zuko got better to point where he could match her evenly . A slight superiority for azula sure , but I can’t say she wins more than a 6/10 majority , and it’s only my opinion

This is basically spot on analysis, even comic Azula didn't see huge growth. Her physicals got better and that's it. Her instant lightning is a non factor vs this teams and most teams that have a shred of agility/defence /redirection. It's striking power is near worthless.

As for this fight, Katara is a clear mvp and can handle Azula, and whilst Bolin vs zuko is very close bending wise, Zukos physicals and his loser morals give him a 6/10 advantage giving him a victory if it's IC as Bolin wont utilise the advantage the environment gives him.

Alternatively, Katara can beat Bolin morals on high dif due to location in a 7/10 and Zuko is a good match for Azula, and should clinch a 4/10 minority from her in extremely good fights.

Morals off Katara is utterly brutal but Bolin has a large environmental advantage and should give her a very good match down there. Maybe 60:40 in Kataras favour. Azula can beat Zuko, the comet doesn't change the difficulty of the fight or the outcome. Alternatively, Katara can dance around Azula with ice bridges and slides for the 5 seconds it takes for Zuko to eliminate Bolin.

Team 1 both rounds, I find them more impressive overall and that should be enough to edge out Bolins environmental advantage. A very good fight nonetheless.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs1013:

The blantanly jobbing part is what I can’t agree with .

I don't know how else i should call that.

You use parts of the fight where you believe based off Azula previous feats she should have not let happen

Indeed it was incredibly inconsistent.

but let me ask you this : why was aang not able to catch azula on black sun, even though he has shown to run as fast as a blur

So first of all Aang is a notorious jobber in character(Azula is not). Second Azula has obviously better reactions than that, blur speed(towards fodder) is rly not that impressive, she was blatantly faster than Zuko in their first two encounters who did this:

Reacted casually without aim-dodging to an arrow shot by a superhuman(arrows already reach faster than eye speed towards usual humans if shot by usual humans):

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11131/111311636/6309779-capture61.gif

and reacted even to an explosion in B1(where Aang also performed these feats and Iroh reacted to natural lightning, the latter could also not react to Azula as he was slightly distracted btw):

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11131/111311636/6312034-4647898-0916045254-l84o8.gif

Do i rly need to tell you how fast explosions are, or what Azula did in her first encounter with Zuko:

No Caption Provided

and here is Irog the "lightning timer":

No Caption Provided

And the biggest difference is, Azula consistently kept up with Aang since their first encounter and Aang even explicitly told us this in black sun:

I can't beat her down, she's too quick!

That is by no means comparable with Azula suddenly turning into a completely incompetent rookie in the catacombs.

and literally create tornadoes off his running

Aang obviously used airbending to create these, otherwise would we go into Flash/SM/WW territory and could also start with lightning timing interpretations(Zuko reacted to Azula's Agni Kai lightning that easily traveled with multi-Mach speed out of the capital) again.

Why did aang not dodge that straightforward blast in the crystal catacombs ?

Cause he wasn't even trying to dodge that and was deliberately traveling towards her by using earthbending.

Why did zuko just stand there when aang sent that air image blast of himself ?

Zuko was in complete contrary to Azula clearly not just uselessly standing there:

He was at that point attacking(which Azula never did in her encounter with Katara after her initial attack) and obviously tried to block it, he even just partly failed(he blocked it enough to instantly continue) and reacted to the next attack:

No Caption Provided

There are a lot of instances where characters let something happen even though previous feats show they shouldn’t .

Not rly, there were usually either context or it were notorious jobbers(which Azula clearly is not)

There is no logical reason on why azula wouldn’t be on top of her game

Exactly, which is called PIS(plot induced stupidity).

and maybe in the context of the fight , katara was simply outfighting her .

Just if we accept that B2 Katara is the fastest bender period(which would be necessary to outright blitz Azula with a highly telegraphed splash like that), which i don't cause it would be just hilariously inconsistent(and they should've just sent her to deal with Ozai then...).

Also with the gondola fight . When azula and zuko are fighting each other, neither can gain the edge .

Yeah makes sense in the context.

Zuko is quite easily stopping her attacks and vice versa .

Azula's advantages were not only more potency.

I’ll put it like this , if sokka wasn’t there , it would still be a stalemate.

I doubt it but due to the context still relatively close.

With the southern raiders fight , azula may have just experienced betrayals, but she is still in her top fighting form.

Hell no period.

She is not wild, and still basically controlled.

She was already notably less controlled than usually and didn't use her advantages very effectively.

It was simply a stalemate once again .

Not rly.

And yes Zuko May have died when they blasted each other off the gondola , but the fight itself was even and nothing can refute that .

Except the fact that the fight would have ended with dead Zuko and alive Azula, the fire fists were an important part of that fight and not just some isolated event.

Then when zuko submits to his uncle , it makes no sense .

It makes a lot of sense and is consistent with their actual feats and the important context of their fights.

He just faught her evenly twice mind you , and had no hesitation to fight her.

Nope and he had never any hesitation(even as he was ridiculously outmatched), cause that was literally his(mother's) line:

Never give up without a fight.

He could have retreated at the southern raiders fight , but he chose to stay behind . But when his uncle says he can’t hanfle her ( not even knowing how he fights now ) zuko submits ?

Zuko finally learned his lesson(obviously the whole point of his journey and Azula's mirrored experience), which Iroh already teased during his talk with Toph in the chase:

Never give up without a fight, but let people help you.

It doesn’t make sense to me . I think he did it out of respect and also because he knew going alone was not a sure victory , and that’s a risk he could not take .

Rewatch the series and you'll probably understand it, ATLA luckily didn't just fully took the cheap Shonen route(Hero gets an upgrade and is suddenly stronger than the overwhelming, prodigous villain). I also wanted superiority as i was younger, but nowadays i appreciate that they didn't just go the easy route in that case(in complete contrary to deus ex turtle energybending in the other part of the finale, which is still a pretty cool looking scene though).

Kemurikage Azula is clearly superior again(and was obviously holding back the whole time, well like she even pretty much told us in the end) and Zuko had just beaten insane Crazula in the search, but he indeed clearly improved(and finally learned fire jets). I would say it's like this:

Kemurikage Azula > Eos sane Azula >= Firelord Zuko(N+S) > Eos Zuko > insane Crazula

Azula simply remained stagnant in abilities to me based off feats

That is already incorrect if we just compare B2 and B3 and becomes hilariously incorrect if we include the comics.

and zuko got better to point where he could match her evenly.

Can't agree with evenly.

A slight superiority for azula sure , but I can’t say she wins more than a 6/10 majority , and it’s only my opinion

I probably say at least 7/10.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Itachus17
@vengefulshot said:
@cs1013 said:

This is basically spot on analysis, even comic Azula didn't see huge growth. Her physicals got better and that's it. Her instant lightning is a non factor vs this teams and most teams that have a shred of agility/defence /redirection. It's striking power is near worthless.

Gotta love obvious downplaying(even just a freaking zap disarmed and brought Sokka to the ground:

No Caption Provided

and her instant lightning is notably stronger:

No Caption Provided

also are Zuko's and Katara's attacks by no means faster so Azula with her "shred" of agility can apparently effortlesly avoid them all following the same logic) he/she didn't even make an analysis about the comics.

As for this fight, Katara is a clear mvp and can handle Azula

You're aware that his spot on analysis also involved this in a former post:

Now I am not downplaying Azula, I think she is actually above Katara by a little bit, but I just feel like Zuko is downplayed.

and whilst Bolin vs zuko is very close bending wise, Zukos physicals and his loser morals give him a 6/10 advantage giving him a victory if it's IC as Bolin wont utilise the advantage the environment gives him.

I would probably even give Zuko a bigger edge.

Alternatively, Katara can beat Bolin morals on high dif due to location in a 7/10 and Zuko is a good match for Azula, and should clinch a 4/10 minority from her in extremely good fights.

I'd give Katara 7,5/10(water is a not too bad counter to lava) and Zuko 3/10 at best(the actual feats difference is simply too big).

Morals off Katara is utterly brutal but Bolin has a large environmental advantage and should give her a very good match down there. Maybe 60:40 in Kataras favour.

Uhm i don't know what's so brutal about morals off Katara(all benders are brutal from a can destroy you body standpoint but Katara is actually better by using less brutal and more effective methods instead) but i also don't see why is Bolin suddenly so close?

Azula can beat Zuko, the comet doesn't change the difficulty of the fight or the outcome.

Indeed.

Alternatively, Katara can dance around Azula with ice bridges and slides for the 5 seconds it takes for Zuko to eliminate Bolin.

Whut, dance around Azula? Katara couldn't even dance around exhausted Crazula(and this time would there be no convinient gatter with water below and a chain):

No Caption Provided

What the freakin hell makes you think she would have suddenly a chance to do that against a significantly better version of Azula?

Team 1 both rounds

Even if we ignore that Katara isn't in her wildest dreams dancing around a now even fresh + sane Comet Azula, what exactly happens in the not alternatively scenario plz?

I find them more impressive overall and that should be enough to edge out Bolins environmental advantage. A very good fight nonetheless.

They are a stronger team due to Bolin being a weak link, but Katara and Bolin have barely any influence on a legit. Comet fight to be frank.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

Katara got the upper hand against Azula in the Catacombs. You can attribute it to Azula underestimating a "peasant" like Katara, but it's not PIS just because one of her attacks wasn't animated as quickly as you'd like or "they could've done....etc."

So plz explain this nonsense logically to me then:

it starts with this madness here(even Sokka would have casually dodged that highly telegraphed and not especially fast attack):

No Caption Provided

Why was Azula just standing around waiting to get hit by that laughably telegraphed attack?

and then this:

Even that was pretty questionable for a number of reasons, first it was right after that absurd splash(to give Katara enough time to even draw enough water in the first place), second look at how Azula was not attacking and waited pretty much until the last moment(without any good reason) while Katara was almost dancing:

No Caption Provided

and last but not least Azula just shooting an small ineffective blast at the arm(without any good reason and then she even replicated it with the second arm), Azula did this(instantly vaporizing a much bigger amount of water should be much harder than just to vaporize a small water arm) just minutes beforehand:

No Caption Provided

And no, Katara's water arms were clearly not somehow especially fireproof:

No Caption Provided

It happened, fair and square.

Was Jet vs Aang fair and square as well and is the definition of fair and square now to outright ignore jobbing/inconsistencies?

It could happen differently in a rematch, but the fight clearly establishes Katara as being at least a match for Azula

Is Jet an established match for Aang and are we ignoring all consistent feats now?

Also, Azula's insanity was clearly hurting her in the finale fight with Zuko, that's why Zuko was able to be superior. That being said, his fights with her at Boiling Rock and the Western Air Temple were significantly closer than his fights with her in Book 2, to the point that they were almost even

Were they almost even, i don't think so(way closer for sure though) and Azula has still way better feats in several regards(speed/agility, versatility, potency, etc...).

Both these things have been debated so many times, but I guess they're bound to come up again

Highly inconsistent fights and highly debatable fights are bound to be debated for all eternity, especially if people want to use them as argument.

As for this fight

R1: I'm thinking Zuko and Katara for a slim majority

I actually agree.

, Zuko's probably a tad better than Bolin,

More than a tad to be frank, Zuko has simply a pretty notable speed/agility advantage.

and Katara has an edge on Azula.

See and such statements are exactly the reason why that absurd catacombs instance is so highly debated, Katara has no consistent(why the hell are we so often ignore that for the Avatarverse?) edge at all and is consistently notable slower and less agile than Azula outside of that short catacombs encounter(the finale fight on the other hand for example was consistent with Katara's improvement during the three books and contained tons of important context). If i'm misssing something crucial plz logically explain Katara's edge to me without using the catacombs nonsense, cause the standard rule of the vine is to use consistent feats and not to isolate a single inconsistent instance and conviniently ignore the gigantic amount of actual feats speaking against that?

Alternatively, I think Katara would have an edge on Bolin as well and should be able to take him while Zuko holds Azula

See i could easily make a case for Katara's edge over Bolin in complete contrary to over Azula, cause there is an actual consistent edge.

R2: Zuko and Azula are gonna have to fight each other this time, and I think Azula would eventually win, but it'd be a long fight. Assuming the firebenders don't take Katara/Bolin out at the beginning, one of them could turn the tide of Azula vs Zuko. I think Katara would edge out Bolin, but bloodlusted lavabending could catch her off guard. 50/50, maybe

That's fair, although i personally think Katara and Bolin would die during Azula's and Zuko's fight(the catacombs are a rly unfortunate area to be trapped with two comet firebenders and without the Agni Kai scenario are Katara and Bolin pretty easy prey during each possible opening).

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By gunchar16

Quite a bit Katara wank here, could go either way with a strong edge to team 2 in the second round.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 vengefulshot  Online

@itachus17:

Gotta love obvious downplaying(even just a freaking zap disarmed and brought Sokka to the ground:

Sokka is fodder to master benders. Next.

and her instant lightning is notably stronger:

Wow disturbed a pond of water so impressive. Toph could bend a hand sized rock into the water and achieve the same effect. It doesn't even conduct in the water how pathetic.

also are Zuko's and Katara's attacks by no means faster so Azula with her "shred" of agility can apparently effortlesly avoid them all following the same logic) he/she didn't even make an analysis about the comics.

Never claimed they were, its a single target horribly weak attack. It's only attribute is that it is fast. Katara will block it effortlessly and Zuko will redirect it.

The second part is laughable Kataras entire arsenal has more scale than instant lightning making her attacks way harder to dodge.

You're aware that his spot on analysis also involved this in a former post:

I wasn't referring to his former post just the one I quoted. Don't bring up posts and comments that I never even mentioned. It's a waste of my time.

I would probably even give Zuko a bigger edge.

Environment heavily favours Bolin.

I'd give Katara 7,5/10(water is a not too bad counter to lava)

See above for why I think Bolin has a better shot.

and Zuko 3/10 at best(the actual feats difference is simply too big).

Zuko is at a physical disadvantage to Azula but bending wise they are almost even. Physicals are secondary to bending prowess.

Uhm i don't know what's so brutal about morals off Katara(all benders are brutal from a can destroy you body standpoint but Katara is actually better by using less brutal and more effective methods instead)

Shell spam power moves that neither of team 2 have the power to match (without the comet that is) and she'll substitute water blasts for water blades and ice bullets that will oneshot.

but i also don't see why is Bolin suddenly so close?

He can dunk lava on them from above.

Whut, dance around Azula? Katara couldn't even dance around exhausted Crazula(and this time would there be no convinient gatter with water below and a chain):

No Caption Provided

Except she did. Rewatch the fight, she dodges Azula out for a solid 60 seconds. Sanity doesn't give Azula more scale or power or mobility. Furthermore, she has far more water to work with here, the one and only reason she stopped was because she ran out of water as you can see from the gif you so kindly provided, and finally, she doesn't need a grate of water because she doesn't need to beat Azula, simply survive her long enough for Zuko to fodderise Bolin.

Even if we ignore that Katara isn't in her wildest dreams dancing around a now even fresh + sane Comet Azula, what exactly happens in the not alternatively scenario plz?

Azula is not good enough to beat Zuko faster than Katara beats Bolin. She is not good enough to catch Katara faster than Zuko kills Bolin. Then she gets flanked and double teamed.

They are a stronger team due to Bolin being a weak link, but Katara and Bolin have barely any influence on a legit. Comet fight to be frank.

Bolin is a weak link but in this environment hes much stronger than youre suggesting. Based off of nothing other than severe downplaying of Katara, Katara has been shown to possess power able to block comet enhanced charged lightning, the strongest attack in Azulas arsenal. She has been shown to dodge around comet flames with iceboarding. Azulas sanity doesn't do anything to her bending, it's literally the exact same, just now she wont be careless and step over a body of water. Bolin is a non factor because his defence isn't nearly as good as Kataras and neither is his mobility, both of which are absolutely crucial for the non comet enhanced members in round 2.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula beats Katara ( would stomp with comics feats ).

Zuko beats Bolin.

Azula beats Zuko.

I second that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17:

The first attack was part of a transition scene, they weren't looking to make it a super cool bending move. Sorry they didn't make it as fast as you would have liked, but it's not like the show creators were expecting the fight to be dissected by internet nerds years in the future.

Azula wasn't just "standing around," she was getting back up from the attack Katara just landed on her

As for her blocking the water arms:

• Maybe she underestimated what it would take to block the attack
  • Maybe the water arms were coming too fast for her to use a move like earlier
  • For the second one, she couldn't do a powerful move like when she vaporized the wave with one arm captured

And in regards to Zuko slicing through the arms: Katara was focused on Azula, not on Zuko attacking from the side. A moment later we see her water arms and Zuko's fire whips blocking each other

In regards to Jet vs Aang, if you account for the context of the fight (Aang looking for a fight with Jet, on top of his usual pacifism) then yeah, it's legit. If you tried to argue that Jet could take down a more experienced Aang who was actually looking to fight him, that would be problematic. There's no such context to Katara vs Azula: it was a straight up fight where Katara got the upper hand

And Aang has a more consistent speed/agility edge on Azula, does that mean Azula shouldn't have been able to get the upper hand on him in their book 2 fights? Katara's not as agile as Azula, sure, but speed wise I don't see why she should be a difference to the point that Katara shouldn't be able to keep up just fine (if that's what you're suggesting?). Waterbending in general isn't as fast-paced as firebending, doesn't mean waterbenders can't match firebenders.

What are all these showings that act against the idea of Katara at least being able to match Azula? Considering their different styles and backgrounds, Katara's not gonna be able to do everything Azula can do, nor could Azula do everything Katara can do, but I don't see any reason to simply dismiss a clear cut fight between Azula and Katara

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula seems to be the most wanked of the ATLA characters on CV.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MorbusGrav

@jdogg said:

Azula seems to be the most wanked of the ATLA characters on CV.

No Iroh is by far the most wanked last airbender character as you have also proven in the other thread. After that come likely Toph and Ozai.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav: I don't think you know what wank means if you you think Iroh is the most wanked lmao.

Azula is nowhere near the pedestal you guys place her on.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mee09

I think Azula is a bit overrated and Zuko is especially underrated.

I've always been under the impression that Zuko EOS surpassed Azula. Zuko should be able to defeat Azula on an even playing field. But Katara likely won't due to Azula's cunningness. Zuko on the otherhand knows how his sister fights and has picked up some tricks and techniques while searching for and eventually training Aang.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@morbusgrav: I don't think you know what wank means if you you think Iroh is the most wanked lmao.

Azula is nowhere near the pedestal you guys place her on.

Iroh has terrible feats and questionable hype, Azula has fantastic feats through the board.

=

Iroh would smack Azula.

I know what wank is and that is the epidome of wank, Iroh is nowhere near the pedestal you place him on.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mee09

@morbusgrav: I heavily disagree. Azula gets a lot more hype than any firebender before Legend of Korra. Iroh was modest and wanted the next generation to lead. Not his. He was likely much stronger than he let on and both his feats and reputation prove it. He's no Avatar. But he was definitely more skilled than Ozai.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

I think Azula is a bit overrated and Zuko is especially underrated.

I've always been under the impression that Zuko EOS surpassed Azula. Zuko should be able to defeat Azula on an even playing field. But Katara likely won't due to Azula's cunningness. Zuko on the otherhand knows how his sister fights and has picked up some tricks and techniques while searching for and eventually training Aang.

Did you even watch the show?

The only reason why Zuko surpassed Azula was her insanity, that's not even debatable. The comics outright screamed it as a non-serious Azula played around with Zuko after regaining her sanity.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mee09

@morbusgrav: Lol yes I watched the show. Nothing you've said changes anything.

Azula's madness is overrated. She may not have been all there. But it's not like she had a hand or two tied behind her back.

It's heavily debatable and has been debated many times in the past. Zuko was inferior to Azula at first but as time went on that gap started to very obviously close.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara and Azula are dead even, but Zuko is a good bit above Bolin in most ways, so Team 1.

Team 2 wins R2, the firebenders are plain much bigger factors than Katara or Bolin here, and Azula comes off as superior to Zuko.

I disagree, I think Team 2 can take this with Bolin's lavabending and quick earthbending to control mobility, I think Azula can comfortably carry the duo to victory assuming comic feats are in.

Round 2 especially goes to Team 2 because Bolin will be abusing his lavabending even more.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

@morbusgrav: I heavily disagree. Azula gets a lot more hype than any firebender before Legend of Korra. Iroh was modest and wanted the next generation to lead. Not his. He was likely much stronger than he let on and both his feats and reputation prove it. He's no Avatar. But he was definitely more skilled than Ozai.

What?

Iroh's feats are terrible and the majority of Azula's hype are in fact her feats, even season 2 Zuko was more skilled than Ozai by feats.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and Bonus Round Azula solos, her attacks will be more accurate therefore taking Katara out of the fight immediately with amped instant lightning, then it comes between Azula and Zuko who are on two different levels when Azula is sane.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Mee09

@morbusgrav: You've pretty much confirmed what I've said. Is Ozai a bad firebender now just because Iroh and Zuko are more skilled than him?

Iroh having "terrible" feats is also laughable. If it wasn't for characters like Iroh. People could argue that Avatar characters can't time real lighting.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MorbusGrav

@mee09 said:

@morbusgrav: Lol yes I watched the show. Nothing you've said changes anything.

Azula's madness is overrated. She may not have been all there. But it's not like she had a hand or two tied behind her back.

How did you miss Zuko saying he couldn't beat Azula alone before he realized that she was insane?

How is Azula's madness overrated if even Zuko himself mentioned it and the first thing Azula did after regaining her sanity was to show Zuko who the stronger one is?

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By JDogg

@morbusgrav: Azula has an abundance of feats... I wonder why? Bcs a premature Gaang couldn't hold a candle to fire lord tier characters lol. She was their adversary bcs they could actually fight her.

Has the best fire bending feat in the show yet is not comparable to his niece who was getting one upped left and right by a not even full fledge team Gaang and got stalemated by Zuko and Katara. Okay...

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arcus1 said:

Katara got the upper hand against Azula in the Catacombs. You can attribute it to Azula underestimating a "peasant" like Katara, but it's not PIS just because one of her attacks wasn't animated as quickly as you'd like or "they could've done....etc." It happened, fair and square. It could happen differently in a rematch, but the fight clearly establishes Katara as being at least a match for Azula

As for this fight

R1: I'm thinking Zuko and Katara for a slim majority, Zuko's probably a tad better than Bolin, and Katara has an edge on Azula. Alternatively, I think Katara would have an edge on Bolin as well and should be able to take him while Zuko holds Azula

Pretty much agree with this

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 anthp2000  Moderator

@deathhero61:

How do you rank Katara in comparison to Azula and Bolin in comparison to Zuko? Also, it's worth mentioning that Kataras waterbending is insanely versatile; more than enough to match and exceed Bolin's earthbending + lavabending combo IMO.

On top of it, she's been tested against higher level opposition, showing speed that matches Zuko/EoS Azula, and raw power that outdoes his. While I think it's evident by the comics that Azula can make short work of Zuko rn, I still think Katara is even with her, and overall, Zuko is a level ahead of Bolin due to his extreme physicality and raw power that matches Azula's.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg:

Azula has an abundance of feats... I wonder why? Bcs a premature Gaang couldn't hold a candle to fire lord tier characters lol. She was their adversary bcs they could actually fight her.

What, are you drunk?

If Iroh with his laughable feats is in the fire lord tier you just made up, are eos Zuko and Azula easy peasy Firelord++ tier.

Has the best fire bending feat in the show yet is not comparable to his niece

Are you still talking about Iroh's only really impressive but nigh useless feat, for which he needed Sozin's Comet?

who was getting one upped left and right by a not even full fledge team Gaang

Who would curbstomp Iroh together and struggled a lot with Azula.

and got stalemated by Zuko and Katara. Okay...

What, are you making things up again?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Itachus17

@arcus1:

The first attack was part of a transition scene, they weren't looking to make it a super cool bending move. Sorry they didn't make it as fast as you would have liked, but it's not like the show creators were expecting the fight to be dissected by internet nerds years in the future.

So you are pretty much claiming Katara could outright blitz Azula with a highly telegraped move but the animation was just not good enough to show it? Wow even Ming Hua is apparently a joke against Katara's insane speed, i wonder why she never showed remotely that much speed again in any other situation...

Azula wasn't just "standing around," she was getting back up from the attack Katara just landed on her

I was talking about the splash, which was the first attack Katara landed on her. Azula was explicitly just standing around here:

No Caption Provided

As for her blocking the water arms:

• Maybe she underestimated what it would take to block the attack

Which would mean she wouldn't make the same mistake again, right?

Maybe the water arms were coming too fast for her to use a move like earlier

How was Katara suddenly so much faster in that part of the catacombs encounter than she was ever before or after again(and why did the animation never showed that)?

For the second one, she couldn't do a powerful move like when she vaporized the wave with one arm captured

And why didn't she just finally attack Katara(something she for whatever reason didn't do the whole fight after the initial attack, which is pretty inconsistent with all her other fights as well) instead?

And in regards to Zuko slicing through the arms: Katara was focused on Azula, not on Zuko attacking from the side

And that magically made her water arms less fireproof???

A moment later we see her water arms and Zuko's fire whips blocking each other

Which would be obviously still well below completely blocking Azula's attacks, especially after the latter instantly vaporized a much bigger amount of water just minutes beforehand.

In regards to Jet vs Aang, if you account for the context of the fight (Aang looking for a fight with Jet, on top of his usual pacifism) then yeah, it's legit. If you tried to argue that Jet could take down a more experienced Aang who was actually looking to fight him, that would be problematic.

So why could Katara take a more experienced Azula, with better feats and who isn't jobbing/or don't underestimating Katara and her water arms then?

There's no such context to Katara vs Azula: it was a straight up fight where Katara got the upper hand

Except that Azula fought like an idiot, massive inconsistencies especially regarding speed throughout the whole encounter and the fact that B3 Azula has also better feats than B2 Azula.

And Aang has a more consistent speed/agility edge on Azula

Plz what? No he obviously hasn't such a consistent speed edge, hell he even outright admited in B3 that a bendingless Azula is too quick(literal quote from Aang himself):

I can't beat her down, she's too quick!

Aang can at best run faster with the help of his airbending, but the travel don't equals combat speed debate is long over on the vine and good enough reactions is all Azula needs(and consistently has). And Azula's agility advantage over Katara is at minimum as big as Aang's over her.

does that mean Azula shouldn't have been able to get the upper hand on him in their book 2 fights?

If Azula consistently matched Aang's speed in several encounters, outspeeded Zuko like Aang did and showed in general pretty much always high speed and agility how the hell has Aang a consistent speed edge let alone more consistent than Azula's over Katara(who had outside of the catacombs encounter with Azula not a single comparable speed feat)?

What is that for an insane double standard here?

Katara's not as agile as Azula, sure, but speed wise I don't see why she should be a difference to the point that Katara shouldn't be able to keep up just fine (if that's what you're suggesting?). Waterbending in general isn't as fast-paced as firebending, doesn't mean waterbenders can't match firebenders.

Cause she has no consistent speed feats on that lvl, this has nothting to do with fire-and waterbenders(Ming is extremely fast for example but also consistently faster than Katara) in general.

What are all these showings that act against the idea of Katara at least being able to match Azula?

I never said Azula can't match Azula to a degree, this here was my initial post:

It goes imo:

Azula >= Katara > Zuko > Bolin

I see sane Eos Azula and Katara as pretty close due to Katara's showings in general. But there are quite few showings against an edge for Katara and a whole lot against the absurd idea Katara could outright blitz Azula like in the apparently badly animated catacombs encounter.

Considering their different styles and backgrounds, Katara's not gonna be able to do everything Azula can do, nor could Azula do everything Katara can do, but I don't see any reason to simply dismiss a clear cut fight between Azula and Katara

I wouldn't dismiss a clear cut fight but i sure as hell dismiss a fight where a consistently slower + less agile fighter outright blitzes a consistently faster + more agile fighter(that's some Flash style jobbing right there), especially if the latter in general underperformed to a huge degree.

But are you telling me there isn't a single argument for an edge to Katara outside of the catacombs encounter in B2 and you aren't realizing the obvious problem then?

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09:

People could argue that Avatar characters can't time real lighting.

Bruh...

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

How do you rank Katara in comparison to Azula and Bolin in comparison to Zuko? Also, it's worth mentioning that Kataras waterbending is insanely versatile; more than enough to match and exceed Bolin's earthbending + lavabending combo IMO.

On top of it, she's been tested against higher level opposition, showing speed that matches Zuko/EoS Azula, and raw power that outdoes his. While I think it's evident by the comics that Azula can make short work of Zuko rn, I still think Katara is even with her, and overall, Zuko is a level ahead of Bolin due to his extreme physicality and raw power that matches Azula's.

Everyone from the Gaang and Azula are equals, I simply think in the right circumstances, Azula could take out almost any of the gang immediately in 1v1s. I think Instant Lightning cucks Katara and Toph for example unless they either A)Have knowledge of it or B)counter before she releases it. Bolin is pretty underrated, but he is still below The Gaang, his lavabending is what carries him up there asides from that he wouldn't stand a chance in hell otherwise. I think Azula is above Katara because of her comic feats, especially with how easily she clowned Zuko. Katara is above Bolin but I think as crazy as it might sound Bolin is in her ballpark, mostly because of pro-bending firing rates and lavabending.(otherwise Katara has him beat in most categories including durability and most likely defense considering her bouts with Toph) so Bolin can stall her out while Azula beats Zuko.

As for Katara vs Bolin, Katara is scary, no doubt about it, but with no knowledge, Lavabending would be really hard to deal with morals off. Mobility would be severely nerfed in the face of lavabenders, and even with her versatility, I don't think she's getting past Bolin's walls easily. The fact that Bolin could probably help out with defense AND slow down Katara and Zuko makes it easier for Team 2 to win.

Bolin vs Zuko is the easiest matchup for bolin because Zuko is a more grounded fighter. Environmental attacks are his friend and lavabending especially helps with that. Zuko is his equal if not superior in fire rate so that makes things dangerous, but like I said with Katara, Bolin can stall.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 anthp2000  Moderator
JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morbusgrav: Are you?

Fire lord tier is basically EoS villain tier. EoS villain are the EoS villains bcs they can be only be beaten by the EoS hero. That's where Iroh and Ozai sit at bcs no teenager besides AS Aang could've beaten them.

You keep calling it nigh featless when it's the strongest fire bending attack lol. Guess what smart one? If he is that strong under Sozin then that mean his base is also very powerful. Sozin Comet gives an equal boost to all firebenders so him having the best fire bending feat even under Sozin Comet will still place him as one the best firebender without it as no other firebender has shown that strong of an attack even under Sozin's Comet.

Except they never really fought her together besides the time they were dead tired. And noobish Gaang even altogether couldn't beat Iroh.

Catacombs, final fights,and on top of the air craft. All those fights they were dead even with her. Her bending prowess itself was only above them when they were noobs.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin solos....

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Itachus17
@jdogg said:

Fire lord tier is basically EoS villain tier. EoS villain are the EoS villains bcs they can be only be beaten by the EoS hero. That's where Iroh and Ozai sit at bcs no teenager besides AS Aang could've beaten them.

You keep calling it nigh featless when it's the strongest fire bending attack lol. Guess what smart one? If he is that strong under Sozin then that mean his base is also very powerful. Sozin Comet gives an equal boost to all firebenders so him having the best fire bending feat even under Sozin Comet will still place him as one the best firebender without it as no other firebender has shown that strong of an attack even under Sozin's Comet.

Except they never really fought her together besides the time they were dead tired. And noobish Gaang even altogether couldn't beat Iroh.

Catacombs, final fights,and on top of the air craft. All those fights they were dead even with her. Her bending prowess itself was only above them when they were noobs.

Oh god the Iroh fanboys are arrived, EoS villain tier and the whole Gaang alltogether couldn't beat him(lmao) my ass. This here is rly all that's needed to say about the overhyped uncle(love him as character but he is pretty damn unimpressive in terms of combat and that feat here is way better than his two feats of blindsiding Azula, which are literally his best combat feats XD):

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Arcus1

@itachus17:

Maybe Katara had landed at attack before that one. Maybe the animators just wanted to show Katara landing a hit in the transition scene and weren't thinking about people trying to debate it years in the future. Maybe it just doesn't matter

What speed feats does Azula have that put her so far above Katara? Actually, more importantly, what showings indicate that Katara should be slow? To be inconsistent, you'd need something to indicate that Katara should be too slow to keep up with Azula that well. When has Katara failed to be fast enough to suggest she could match Azula?

And who's arguing for Katara blitzing Azula? The Catacombs fight wasn't a blitz, and even then, I don't see anyone saying that Azula and Katara aren't comparable.

As for arguments for Katara edging out Azula, what evidence could be better than a straight up fight between the two characters-the only even fight between them in the show? Katara's a master based on Pakku's praise, beating Hama, beating Zuko, etc. Even you seem to be agreeing that Azula and Katara are on the same tier at least, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is?