zoom vs silver surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By claws

who takes this

Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Norrin Radd. He has to much going for him to lose to a one trick pony, even if it is one hell of a trick. Zoom is the most powerful one trick pony in comics, but he isn't beating Norrin.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Zoom

Gonna depend on the rules.

In character/out of character, where they fight and how close they start will make all the difference.

Out of character, Zoom'll go easy and may end up losing.  If Surfer starts high enough above the highest landmark, he can be out of Zoom's range and take him down via telepathy.

Otherwise, Zoom is certainly faster than the Surfer and he certainly hits hard enough to take him down before he can react.

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan

SS 6/10

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zoom

So...you think Silver Surfer can stand up to a million Superman level punches in under a second?  Cause I sure don't.

#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan

Yeah

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zoom

Lol.  If you say so.

#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan
Zoom said:
"Lol.  If you say so."

Do you like dc better than marvel, because thats the only way you could think zoom would beat ss
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zoom

Is that so?  Funny, even you said Zoom would win 4 times out of 10.  Sounds like you're just trolling to me, Sesaw.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeSAW

#1ElderScrollsFan
said:
"Zoom said:
"Lol.  If you say so."

Do you like dc better than marvel, because thats the only way you could think zoom would beat ss"

Yeah he does cause only a complete idiot would think Zoom could win this fight.

Zoom said:
"

Is that so?  Funny, even you said Zoom would win 4 times out of 10.  Sounds like you're just trolling to me, Sesaw.

"
No buddy that's not me unlike some others I only have one user name. Don't get mad cause he told you the truth. Funny thing is you actually believe Zoom can get a win on the Surfer

Compared to Surfer Zoom don't even have speed.

and this is speed
and this is speed

more speed
more speed

No Caption Provided
A REAL TIME Manipulation feat. Surfer BFR his opponent into the
A REAL TIME Manipulation feat. Surfer BFR his opponent into the

he broke the time barrier off of pure speed.
he broke the time barrier off of pure speed.

Man Surfer could probably easily stop Zooms power from working since the Power Cosmic encompasses all of time and space. Your gonna tell me a man on earth in a lab has more power than the power of Galactus himself come on.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower

SS also has Gravity control.

By the ay Thanos is almost as fast, and SS hangs with him on a daily basis.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
Strafe Prower said:
"

"
When has Thanos demonstrated such, if any, speed and reflexes?
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By claws

how would zoom would even get to hit ss if ss stays airbourne

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zoom
claws said:
"how would zoom would even get to hit ss if ss stays airbourne"
The assumption in these battles, from what I can tell, is that characters start fairly close to each other unless stated otherwise.

Unless the Surfer inexplicably starts way the hell up in the air, its not like Zoom can't reach him.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Strafe Prower
AtPhantom said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"

"
When has Thanos demonstrated such, if any, speed and reflexes?
"

I know he has traveled at lightspeeds(I know Zoom makes that childs play). I don't have the scans. I think i remember him going farther then that, but don't quote me.
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BIackFlash

Surfer wins this

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By geraldthesloth

Zoom

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
BIackFlash said:
"Surfer wins this"
no h does not, and we have showed why on the other forum.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom
BIackFlash said:
"Surfer wins this"
How bout you try posting a reason?

Cause you're standing next to the four (read: two) biggest idiots on the vine with that Surfer vote.
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BIackFlash

Surfer speed blitzes him and that's game. Any other technique surfer uses and its carnage

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zoom
BIackFlash said:
"Surfer speed blitzes him"
Hows he supposed to speedblitz a guy who is far and away faster than him?
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BIackFlash

Surfer is faster, and what to you mean by 'far and away faster'? Surfer plays with time and travels from one side of the universe to the other in a blink, I don't think your definition of far away faster matters much to Surfer.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zoom
BIackFlash said:
"Surfer plays with time and travels from one side of the universe to the other in a blink"
By warping.  Surfer can't go faster than light while on earth.  It'd be physically impossible.

If these time manipulating powers actually exist (I was just gonna assume they do but after being challenged, none of the Surfer supporters could post a scan of him ever using them), Surfer still has to activate them.

Zoom on the other hand, is always using his powers and can travel several times faster than light without warping because he's powered by time.

But let it not be said that I won't listen to reason.  If Surfer is faster, prove it. ;-)
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Waffle Fries

Surfer emits one large burst of cosmic energy destroying all of earth and Zoom with it, lol....

Seriously, Surfer can use the power cosmic to go AS FAST AS HE WANTS.....or make him as strong as he wants....he can change solid objects to dust/liqued/gas with just a simple thought...he can feel energy on the other side of the universe...sorry, zoom's fast but surfer should be able to keep up and he certainly doesnt have surfers package of power.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zoom
Waffle Fries said:
"Surfer can use the power cosmic to go AS FAST AS HE WANTS"
Proof?
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Waffle Fries
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Norrin_Radd_(Earth-616)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_surfer

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer

He can fly fast enough to time travel, he can peel back the layers of time, he cannot be destroyed, the limits of his speed and strength are not even known and he's considered one of the fastest beings in the marvel universe....

He can survive in a black hole and at the very center of a star...Zoom can hit hard, but he isnt wielding the power of stars or black holes and Zoom certainly cannot take that punishment himself.
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Waffle Fries
Waffle Fries said:
"http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Norrin_Radd_(Earth-616)

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_SurferHe can fly fast enough to time travel, he can peel back the layers of time, he cannot be destroyed, the limits of his speed and strength are not even known and he's considered one of the fastest beings in the marvel universe....He can survive in a black hole and at the very center of a star...Zoom can hit hard, but he isnt wielding the power of stars or black holes and Zoom certainly cannot take that punishment himself."

If you have problems with the marvel.wikia page just retype silver surfer in search....
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeSAW
Zoom said:
"BIackFlash said:
"Surfer plays with time and travels from one side of the universe to the other in a blink"
By warping.  Surfer can't go faster than light while on earth.  It'd be physically impossible.If these time manipulating powers actually exist (I was just gonna assume they do but after being challenged, none of the Surfer supporters could post a scan of him ever using them), Surfer still has to activate them.Zoom on the other hand, is always using his powers and can travel several times faster than light without warping because he's powered by time.But let it not be said that I won't listen to reason.  If Surfer is faster, prove it. ;-)"
Yes you say It be impossible but then you say Zoom can do it. Make up your mind which one is it.Waffle Fries said:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_SurferHe can fly fast enough to time travel, he can peel back the layers of time, he cannot be destroyed, the limits of his speed and strength are not even known and he's considered one of the fastest beings in the marvel universe....He can survive in a black hole and at the very center of a star...Zoom can hit hard, but he isnt wielding the power of stars or black holes and Zoom certainly cannot take that punishment himself."
Thank you some logic for a change.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SeSAW
DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"BIackFlash said:
"Surfer wins this"
no h does not, and we have showed why on the other forum."
No you showed how silly you can be
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zoom
SeSAW said:
"Yes you say It be impossible but then you say Zoom can do it. Make up your mind which one is it. "
Both.  You can't move faster than light because your mass would become infinite and motion becomes impossible.

Comic characters break this rule all the time with the speedforce and warping.  Zoom breaks it by using time.  As far as I can tell, Surfer cannot.

Waffle Fries said:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer"
Proof.

Wikis are not proof.  Anybody can go change them which makes them incredibly inaccurate.

If Silver Surfer is faster than Zoom, somebody post a scan from a comic book that proves it.  Not a scan of him beating up some loser like Champion.  Not a link to wiki.

A comic book scan of Silver Surfer moving faster than Zoom.  People have been asking for one for pages and nobody has stepped up.  A scan proving he can't be destroyed would be pretty interesting too.  If somebody can't provide one, I'm gonna assume that is false since I know I can provide several scans of him getting knocked out.

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Waffle Fries
Zoom said:
"SeSAW said:
"Yes you say It be impossible but then you say Zoom can do it. Make up your mind which one is it. "
Both.  You can't move faster than light because your mass would become infinite and motion becomes impossible.

Comic characters break this rule all the time with the speedforce and warping.  Zoom breaks it by using time.  As far as I can tell, Surfer cannot.

Waffle Fries said:

Proof.Wikis are not proof.  Anybody can go change them which makes them incredibly inaccurate.If Silver Surfer is faster than Zoom, somebody post a scan from a comic book that proves it.  Not a scan of him beating up some loser like Champion.  Not a link to wiki.A comic book scan of Silver Surfer moving faster than Zoom.  People have been asking for one for pages and nobody has stepped up.  A scan proving he can't be destroyed would be pretty interesting too.  If somebody can't provide one, I'm gonna assume that is false since I know I can provide several scans of him getting knocked out."
The marvel page approved by marvel states all of surfer's abilities, i think marvel knows more about their character then you or me. You want to see scans, go look in the Surfer VS Flash thread, plenty of them in there.

Surfer has gone up against the toughest competition in the Marvel U and he hasn't been destroyed yet, even Galactus has stated he is undistructable. Basicly, theres a short list of people who can kill him and one of which would be Galactus himself.

How much punishment can Zoom take? can he survive in space? a black hole? in the center of a star? With a simple thought surfer can change zoom into dust...with a simple burst of cosmic energy he could wipe out earth.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zoom

The marvel page also lists Dazzler as having the same energy level as the Silver Surfer.  Hell, Colossus has the same energy level rating as the both of them and he doesn't even have energy powers!  The site is incredibly flawed no matter how you look at it.  Its a flipping wiki.  I could go change that page right now.

I'm not gonna go to another thread to find scans.  If Surfer is really indestructible or faster than Zoom, why doesn't somebody post scans of it here, where it is relevant.

Zoom's durability doesn't really factor into it because he's not gonna get hit.  There's no question that Surfer could take him out very quickly if it wasn't for the fact that Surfer is gonna be dead less than a nanosecond into the fight.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BIackFlash

You've been ignoring scans. Surfer moves faster than a nano second, he's also got a sense that alerts him to weakness and dangers around him. Zoom has been hit before so what's to stop one of the smartest most intelligent guys in Marvel from doing it again. Surfer has a whole list of physical powers as long as a telephone directory, he can just turn the battle site to glass. A guy like Superman might survive the first big hit like this but what's Zoom going to do? It's time to admit Zoom loses some battles or else the vine has gone way over the edge.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zoom

I've been ignoring scans that show him beating up Champion or flying through a sun.  You guys keep saying Surfer is faster than Zoom.  PROVE IT

As for getting hit, Zoom only gets hit because he isn't trying to win.  Half the time, he's trying to get the hero to KILL him.  You can't get somebody to kill you by not getting hit.

BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BIackFlash

You've gone way too hard headed with this Zoom stuff. It's time for people here admit Zoom loses some or else the vine has lost all impartiality and all self respect.

Saying 'he wasn't trying to win' is a bad excuse, all us fanboys could all use that excuse every time Wolverine or Manhunter lost a fight. However the facts are they did lose those fights and those loss count and mean something. It's not a matter of being a crazy fanboy and accusing your favorite characters throwing fights or taking a dive. It's a matter of debating this with respect and without partiality.

If you've ever read a Surfer comic you would see the guy is basically all the powers of the Marvel hero Universe combined minus any high god magical, mystical stuff. Galactus more or less created an already made Amazo. Surfer can move at Flash speed, is more durable than Superman, can hit harder than Hulk. Silver Surfer can shield himself like Wonder Woman, control his density like Manhunter, has a creative mind that would shame Tony Stark and has Firestorm's atomic abilities. Surfer has full control over the laws of physics and can manipulate any energy and any matter. He's even gone above this and displayed feats of time manipulation and feats as a reality warper

Zoom is fast, but that's it, his powers are different to Flash in that he has the ability to slow down time and move normally , creating an impression of super speed. That is the sum of it and he always sounds like a one-trick pony to me.The Surfer can just turn the battle site to glass. Surfer will immediately know Zoom is powerful but he will also know Zoom is mortal, he's also got a sense that alerts him to everything that physically exists around him.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By AtPhantom
BIackFlash said:
"Saying 'he wasn't trying to win' is a bad excuse, all us fanboys could all use that excuse every time Wolverine or Manhunter lost a fight. However the facts are they did lose those fights and those loss count and mean something. It's not a matter of being a crazy fanboy and accusing your favorite characters throwing fights or taking a dive. It's a matter of debating this with respect and without partiality."
It's not a bad excuse if it's part of his freaking character. It's the point of Zoom. He lets them beat him to make them better.  God, It's like saying Galactus doesn't really eat planets, he just accidentally destroyed a few. It's even been shown in the bloody comics that he loses because he wants to, so what's the problem already?

And I love all the people who list Surfer's grand cosmic powers as if it means something, while they still haven't explained how is he going to use any of those powers before Zoom hits him a million times? Remember, no one said Zoom is more powerful, Zoom's punch might not hurt the surfer at all. But a thousand punches will hurt him bad, and a million punches will kill him. End of discussion.
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By claws

i thought the level rankings were fan votes and i better not be one of the four"idiots" that you are all talkiing about and i didnt vote for surfer

DJ Diesel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DJ Diesel
BIackFlash said:
"You've gone way too hard headed with this Zoom stuff. It's time for people here admit Zoom loses some or else the vine has lost all impartiality and all self respect.

I doubt many are really worried about YOUR perception of them or the vine.... it uh, doesn't keep us up late at night.

Saying 'he wasn't trying to win' is a bad excuse,

Even when Zoom himself says as much? The entire time?

all us fanboys could all use that excuse every time Wolverine or Manhunter lost a fight.

So you're a Wolverine fanboi.... I'm shocked, you seemed so much more complex.

However the facts are they did lose those fights and those loss count and mean something.

It means he ment to lose it. Good game, L2read a comic.

It's not a matter of being a crazy fanboy and accusing your favorite characters throwing fights or taking a dive. It's a matter of debating this with respect and without partiality.

respect? R.E.S.P.E.C.T? Brother you do NOT wanna find out how little it means to me.

If you've ever read a Surfer comic you would see the guy is basically all the powers of the Marvel hero Universe combined minus any high god magical, mystical stuff.

Surfer got bit by a radioactive spider, drank super-soldier serum, became a mutant, is the sorcerer supreme, has ironman suits, got hit with cosmic radiation, can change size, was in a gamma explosion, gets big and green when mad, etc etc??...... he IS powerful!!!!! 

Galactus more or less created an already made Amazo. Surfer can move at Flash speed, is more durable than Superman, can hit harder than Hulk. Silver Surfer can shield himself like Wonder Woman, control his density like Manhunter, has a creative mind that would shame Tony Stark and has Firestorm's atomic abilities. Surfer has full control over the laws of physics and can manipulate any energy and any matter. He's even gone above this and displayed feats of time manipulation and feats as a reality warper

Inconsistent.......... consistently

Zoom is fast, but that's it, his powers are different to Flash in that he has the ability to slow down time and move normally , creating an impression of super speed.

That's STILL incorrect, though you've been corrected on this fact many times, you really gotta try a better source than wikipedia.

That is the sum of it and he always sounds like a one-trick pony to me.

If that one trick is to beat the ever-loving dog shyt out of the silver surfer than how many tricks does he need?

"

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zoom
claws said:
"i thought the level rankings were fan votes and i better not be one of the four"idiots" that you are all talkiing about"
They are.  You aren't.

The 4/2 idiots are SeSaw and Batdance/Truepwn/his other account whose name I forget.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By geraldthesloth
Zoom said:
"claws said:
"i thought the level rankings were fan votes and i better not be one of the four"idiots" that you are all talkiing about"
They are.  You aren't.The 4/2 idiots are SeSaw and Batdance/Truepwn/his other account whose name I forget."
black flash?
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

my god zoom wins we have proved why in EVERY OTHER THREAD LIKE THIS, it does not matter how strong SS is, or how many powers he has he will never be able to use them before zoom knocks him out.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom
geraldthesloth said:
"Zoom said:
"claws said:
They are.  You aren't.The 4/2 idiots are SeSaw and Batdance/Truepwn/his other account whose name I forget."
black flash?"
Nah.  He's an idiot but he's got a completely different posting style.  Considering how blatant Batdance has been about being the same person on his seperate accounts, I really doubt he'd go out of his way to try to act different as Black Flash.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SeSAW
DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"my god zoom wins we have proved why in EVERY OTHER THREAD LIKE THIS, it does not matter how strong SS is, or how many powers he has he will never be able to use them before zoom knocks him out."

You have proved nothing everyone else says you are an idiot
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
SeSAW said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"my god zoom wins we have proved why in EVERY OTHER THREAD LIKE THIS, it does not matter how strong SS is, or how many powers he has he will never be able to use them before zoom knocks him out."
You have proved nothing everyone else says you are an idiot "
lol yea i am the idiot even though everyone else agrees with me, and we have shown you his punching power, and why SS will NEVER see him in the other thread so why do we have to post everything again, zoom wins end of story.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By geraldthesloth
SeSAW said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Everyone agrees with him

Your the idiot and this site agrees how can you talk down on a better debater than you, sick ego by the way
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SeSAW
Zoom said:
"SeSAW said:

Waffle Fries said:

Proof.Wikis are not proof.  Anybody can go change them which makes them incredibly inaccurate.If Silver Surfer is faster than Zoom, somebody post a scan from a comic book that proves it.  Not a scan of him beating up some loser like Champion.  Not a link to wiki.A comic book scan of Silver Surfer moving faster than Zoom.  People have been asking for one for pages and nobody has stepped up.  A scan proving he can't be destroyed would be pretty interesting too.  If somebody can't provide one, I'm gonna assume that is false since I know I can provide several scans of him getting knocked out."

So Zoom can break the rules and Flash can break the rules, but Surfer with his power cosmic can't ? Stop being retarded Zoom the only reason you can't see it is because your looking past it.

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
geraldthesloth said:
"SeSAW said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Everyone agrees with himYour the idiot and this site agrees how can you talk down on a better debater than you, sick ego by the way"
thanks sloth :)
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By geraldthesloth
SeSAW said:
"Zoom said:
"SeSAW said:

Waffle Fries said:

So Zoom can break the rules and Flash can break the rules, but Surfer with his power cosmic can't ? Stop being retarded Zoom the only reason you can't see it is because your looking past it."
You think he can because he's a hearld and because he's a marvel character
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SwaggaB0y
geraldthesloth said:
"SeSAW said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Everyone agrees with himYour the idiot and this site agrees how can you talk down on a better debater than you, sick ego by the way"
see what the red is doing to you!
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By geraldthesloth
SwaggaB0y said:
"geraldthesloth said:
"SeSAW said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
see what the red is doing to you!"
Naw im just a nice guy :)