Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Eternity could solo Galactus and Zom

Eternity needed assistance from Dormammu to beat Zom unchained, if I recall.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 takenstew22  Moderator
cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cosmic_reign

Team 2 stomps

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Zom solos.

@professorrespect said:
@supermanwithatan01 said:

Eternity actually needed the assistance of both Dormammu and Odin to help If we go by the guidebooks, Zom himself said that neither Eternity or Dormammu are able to stop him by themselves.

Scan? Seems interesting.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator

@professorrespect said:

Scan? Seems interesting.

It all happened off-panel, but the Ultimate Marvel Guidebook confirms it was an alliance between Eternity, Odin and Dormammu to take down Zom:

No Caption Provided

What was Odin gonna do? Lol.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't Zom gotten some anti-feats since his first appearances?

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps.

Zom > Eternity

Shuma > Galactus

thEonE34gG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps.

Zom > Eternity

Shuma > Galactus

Idk about this one

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jrupert1

@takenstew22: To be fair LT never exactly feared Zom. But his release did result in the balance of shifting to the point LT felt it was time earth was destroyed. It was for this reason he wasn't allowed to be free in the univers (and the reason he hid himself with magic stored in his *ahem* forelock)

@theone34gg said:
@wastelandman said:

Team 1 stomps.

Zom > Eternity

Shuma > Galactus

Idk about this one

I know it seems weird but it was made known that it took all of them to defeat Zom. Granted it was a statement, but it was referring to an event that happened. And current Marvel not only acknowledges it but added Odin into the equation. The thing is we have never seen an unbound Zom so it's not unreasonable based on what we are told.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus and eternity

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu isn’t on their level. He doesn’t really stand up to Eternity without context or an amp. I think it was a bit of hype for Zom. Zom’s purpose was to exist within an embodiment of Eternity and corrupt him or something along those lines. (Iirc)

Zom solos.

@professorrespect said:

Eternity actually needed the assistance of both Dormammu and Odin to help If we go by the guidebooks, Zom himself said that neither Eternity or Dormammu are able to stop him by themselves.

Character statements don’t hold much weight. Lol I’ve been burned too many times by them. We’ve seen that happen too often, especially with cosmically.

As for your scan from the handbook, it just says that Dormammu allied with Odin and an “embodiment” of Eternity. I believe its just hype for a low-feat character. Handbooks also have Winter Soldier being more skilled than T’Challa, Shang Chi and Danny.

I came across this on another thread recently, ironically, and it applies here.

“There is no detail of the said battle with Zom. It just as well could have been Dormammu not being able to overcome Zom so he sought help from Eternity, a being who surely could. Eternity is >>>>>>>>> Dormammu in power so Dormammu helping Eternity would not make the slightest bit of difference in a battle. Nothing indicates that Eternity needed help against Zom or was incapable of defeating Eternity on his own.”

@killemall seemed to have a lot of confidence in Eternity over Zom here: Zom and Shuma Gorath vs Eternity and Galactus and he’s more knowledgeable on Zom and Eternity than I am.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either of Team 1 solos.

Shuma neg diffs. One of his minions was able to chain Eternity, twice, and he isn't even a fraction of Shumas true power.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By _Logos_

Team 1

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What is 75 percent Galactus? Is that 3 planets? I mean is the big guy always hungry? So where do Poople (not a typo) get to knowing what that even is?

Team 1

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cosmic_reign

Team 2 stomps

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either of Team 1 solos.

Shuma neg diffs. One of his minions was able to chain Eternity, twice, and he isn't even a fraction of Shumas true power.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 stomps

Agreed.

Except this statement does, because it expands on what happened in Zom's backstory and what's been said by other characters like Ancient One/Strange. Neither of them(Dormammu or Eternity) could stop Zom alone and thus decided to join forces, it's the most logical conclusion. It makes perfect sense context-wise with all the info we got so far.The burden of proof lies with you to prove that Zom, who wasn't shown to be boastful or a liar, was talking BS about his power and the events that transpired in his only appearance. Do you honestly think Eternity, Dormammu and Odin just decided to team up against Zom for fun? Three characters of different origins, powers and alignments thought it would be fun to gang-up against Zom, just because...? Or was Eternity so bored at that time that called others to help finish the job? Something that after made Dormammu assign a treatment to not attack Asgard after all, was just a game?

- It doesn't. Zom's only real feats are in his defeats + a character statement

The facts:

- It only required Dormammu to render Zom basically helpless by placing the chains of living bondage on him.

- Eternity came in after the fact and sealed Zom in the amphora, through more unknown circumstances. It is never even said that Zom fought Eternity or any details about a fight.

- Character's team up all of the time, even though 1-2 of them could resolve the issues pretty easily. Being on the same side against an enemy, without any details regarding a battle, is not a valid battle feat for the enemy. They had a mutual enemy -- there's really nothing more to it than aligning themselves against said enemy.

- Eternity didn't need help, outside of 1 character statement there is literally nothing to support the argument that Zom is anywhere close to as powerful as Eternity.

- I know you're attempting to be facetious in your final statement here, but if it's "since when do nigh-omnipotent cosmic characters dick around, play games or toy with each other or underlings.." then you may have stumbled on to something, even if by accident. Not saying that's the case here, just that it makes just as much sense as letting a character statement from a classic comic dictate the fight.

Yes, allied with the specific purpose to defeat Zom. I think everyone can read what the scans says by themselves, friend. I also don't really care what you believe, but the arguments. Your scans are probably the one which can, are or have been contradicted by the comics themselves at some point, my scan so far isn't. So yeah, terrible example.

- Comics contradict each other all of the time.

- You're making your entire argument based on a character statement, a battle in which said character lost, and the details of that battle which are scarce.. Literally the only thing we really actually know is that Zom was defeated, Dormammu bound him, and Eternity banished him. Zom felt that neither could take him on their own. Theres literally nothing else to support it...

- In the handbook entry that we discussed, that youposted, it even calls it an "embodiment" of Eternity; by your logic I could simply argue that it was just an M-body that showed up and banished Zom like a chump, without exerting any effort. I can make up stuff about how the battle went down just as easily.

- It's not a terrible example, it's just proof that character statements and bios can be wrong or unsupported. Even though both matter, they're not the penultimate facts that define a character, especially on the battle forums where WIS, CIS, and PIS take a break. Feats and character history matter.

“There is no detail of the said battle with Zom. It just as well could have been Dormammu not being able to overcome Zom so he sought help from Eternity, a being who surely could. Eternity is >>>>>>>>> Dormammu in power so Dormammu helping Eternity would not make the slightest bit of difference in a battle. Nothing indicates that Eternity needed help against Zom or was incapable of defeating Eternity on his own.”

@killemall seemed to have a lot of confidence in Eternity over Zom here: Zom and Shuma Gorath vs Eternity and Galactus and he’s more knowledgeable on Zom and Eternity than I am.

I love this, it's so full of holes and lies. Typical from him, but I won't enter in that merit here. First, Dormammu wasn't established as Eternity's inferior back at that time since they were both presumed dead by their fight. Second, it was Dormammu who sealed Zom's hands before Eternity imprisoned him. There's actually an indication that Eternity did need help, which comes from Zom himself saying that the abstract could've never defeated him alone. And last, if Eternity didn't need help, then why used it in the first place? Why need Dormammu to seal Zom's hands and powers? Heck, why they didn't stop there and called Odin as well?

- While I do not always agree with @killemall and sometimes I find his arguments biased or lacking (Thanos lol), he does not lie or create a poor argument. We will just have to agree to disagree.

- You cannot argue, "Eternity needed help" in the same breath as "Dormammu sealed Zom's hands"... That doesn't even make sense. It literally sounds like: Dormammu had Zom pretty much handled, Eternity showed up and just banished him. Basically deciding, "I'll do it myself". None of that sounds like Eternity actually needed help. In fact, literally the only character that believed it was Zom. Who's to say it wasn't arrogance and misguidedness?

- Show me where they "called Odin" for help? Literally anywhere outside of a single character statement (incidentally from Zom himself..) that it is stated that Eternity needed help from Odin in handling Zom. There's nothing to support that.

- The statement is, "Even Dormammu -- Even Eternity himself could not stop Zom from -- wait!" Lol we don't even know what he was going to say. It could have been, slapping She Hulk for all we know. Taking that statement and turning it into "Zom solos" is a weak argument.

- Based on feats and even the known context of the character statements, Eternity solos. Zom has literally no feats, statements or bios that suggest he's anywhere near the scope/power of the embodiment of the multiverse.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either of Team 1 solos.

- Assuming you're discussing either Dormammu or Nightmare feats, they both have context:

1) Dormammu and his sister Umar were both amped by a shift in the cosmic axis, and needed the right circumstances and prep to defeat Eternity. It's also widely considered PIS or Dormammus highest ever feat... like Spiderman and Firelord.

2) Nightmare affected enough beings within Eternity to mess with him, it wasn't actually a direct fight iirc

- Shuma was 1-shotted by Death, who's basically the baby sister to Eternity. It's misrepresented as an infinitely powerful being, which is not true. That's tacked pretty effectively here

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cosmic_reign

@supermanwithatan01:

Yes! Good points Friend!

Not quite sure why Dormammu is even brought up here. If Dorm is being used as a measuring stick, then T2 should STOMP pretty hard! IMO ofc

Zom was very impressive tho. His banishment(by Dorm, Odin, Eternity), then his defeat(by Strange)has plenty of context.

-- Off panel, Zom was cuffed and banished. This seems to be the plan of Eternity and/or LT bc Zom was simply too dangerous to be free.

-- But the real threat was in Zoms destruction(forelock) at the hands of Dr Strange. LT feared the mystical power within Zom, once released would spark, influence and amp 'evil' magic users, which combined, could potentially disrupt the mystical balance. This is why Strange was on LTs shit-list.

No Caption Provided

Shuma Gorath is entirely another Beast. Not sure what 75% Galactus is, but if G doesn't stomp SG at this level, and if his power gets depleted to hungry/starving, then he'll prolly see Shuma as sushi.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01:

Yes! Good points Friend!

Not quite sure why Dormammu is even brought up here. If Dorm is being used as a measuring stick, then T2 should STOMP pretty hard! IMO ofc

Zom was very impressive tho. His banishment(by Dorm, Odin, Eternity), then his defeat(by Strange)has plenty of context.

-- Off panel, Zom was cuffed and banished. This seems to be the plan of Eternity and/or LT bc Zom was simply too dangerous to be free.

-- But the real threat was in Zoms destruction(forelock) at the hands of Dr Strange. LT feared the mystical power within Zom, once released would spark, influence and amp 'evil' magic users, which combined, could potentially disrupt the mystical balance. This is why Strange was on LTs shit-list.

No Caption Provided

Shuma Gorath is entirely another Beast. Not sure what 75% Galactus is, but if G doesn't stomp SG at this level, and if his power gets depleted to hungry/starving, then he'll prolly see Shuma as sushi.

Agreed. I think too many leaps are being taken regarding Zom’s ”feats” and statements against an m-body Eternity, but they’re actually not close to the same level. It’s not to say he’s not extremely powerful, it’s just I still haven’t seen anything from Zom or even Shuma that would indicate that Eternity wouldn’t solo them both.

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps.