Zom vs Chthton

#1 Posted by jiggs1234 (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Who would win and why
Avatar image for professorrespect
#2 Posted by ProfessorRespect (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats, Chthton should win. He's a feared Elder God that even the likes of Morgan Le Fay can't control.

#3 Posted by Jko1 (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats, Chthton should win. He's a feared Elder God that even the likes of Morgan Le Fay can't control.

How exactly is this impressive? From what I remember, the most powerful being she ever controlled was Thor. Also from what I remember, didnt it take Eternity to seal up Zom in the first place. Also Umar ran away from Zom when he got released. Zom kinda seems more impressive from what I know.

#4 Edited by ProfessorRespect (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Well, Morgan Le Fay was so powerful she was able to go through half of Asgard by herself and steal the Twilight Sword.

As well as this, she is easily one of the greatest magical users of all time, surpassing even the likes of Doctor Doom (who has trained under her and admits that she is the strongest magician of all time) so her skill and power are pretty up there.

Those feats seem impressive, but without proof, I'm afraid I can't say anything about your feats. Context is key.

#5 Posted by Jko1 (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Well, Morgan Le Fay was so powerful she was able to go through half of Asgard by herself and steal the Twilight Sword.

Unless i missed something this happened off panel.

As well as this, she is easily one of the greatest magical users of all time, surpassing even the likes of Doctor Doom (who has trained under her and admits that she is the strongest magician of all time) so her skill and power are pretty up there.

I'm aware of this but this is isn't impressive regarding the thread.

Those feats seem impressive, but without proof, I'm afraid I can't say anything about your feats. Context is key.

Eh I could go get the scans but editing and cropping them might take a while.

#6 Posted by ProfessorRespect (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Well, you should get the scans then. I've got plenty of time.

#7 Posted by Soratoumiga (4846 posts) - - Show Bio

Morgan fodder asf, can't even wield Twilight Sword without Wanda's powers, smh.

On topic however, I back Chthon in a hard fight.

#8 Edited by ProfessorRespect (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

@soratoumiga: Morgan so fodder that Scarlet Witch gets her powers blocked by her, and she got beat by a rock

#9 Posted by Jko1 (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Well, you should get the scans then. I've got plenty of time.

No Caption Provided

Scan explains that it took bkth Dormammu AND Eternity to beat Zom in the past and Umar admits that she's no match for him and teleports away.

Also yea dude I went back to check Avengers and no where did it show her taking on Asgard to steal the Twilight sword and Norn stones. Also she had help Mordred and Selene anyway.

#10 Posted by ProfessorRespect (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Nah man, she decimated Asgard

But eh, I guess that's decent enough. Is it consistent with his power level tho?

#11 Posted by Soratoumiga (4846 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Tzimiscelord (613 posts) - - Show Bio

thats more than enough for me to back Zom.

Dormammu and eternity is a pretty serious deal.

My knowledge about the characters is superficial tho.

#13 Posted by Jko1 (3530 posts) - - Show Bio

@jko1: Nah man, she decimated Asgard

Yes but it happened off panel. We don't know the context behind it.

But eh, I guess that's decent enough. Is it consistent with his power level tho?

That's a little hard to say since that's pretyy much his only official appearance. All the other times we've seen him was when strange had his powers to fight Hulk (and was indeed winning) but then got sealed up again once he started to lose control.

#14 Edited by Andromeda101 (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite what many people think(Which's Dormammu soloing Zom and so Eternity wasn't even needed, or sometimes the opposite), Zom has actually admitted that neither Dormammu or Eternity could've stopped him by themselves in the past(Strange Tales#157):

No Caption Provided

It seems pretty clear to me that Zom was meant to be above either of them individually, but not together and that's why they teamed up against him.

#15 Posted by Andromeda101 (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the battle, I'm not sure.

Marvel has kinda forgotten about Zom while Chthon has become somewhat relevant given his connections to Wanda, I believe if they fought under most writers these days, Chthon would win simply because of that.