Phoenix-Five.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By copete

Emma!! wow, how does she get away with that!

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus stomps. Hard.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@darkraiden Based on what?

The fact that none of the Phoenix 5 displayed Skyfather level feats during their run. Hell Emma Frost got shattered by Thor with ease. If she couldn't inexplicably put herself back together, she loses there.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden Zeus doesn't really have any impressive feats either

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@darkraiden Zeus doesn't really have any impressive feats either

True. But he's a skyfather, we know that. And we know he's meant to be a near equal to Odin. I haven't seen anything from the Phoenix 5 that puts them above Thanos....hell maybe not even a bloodlusted Surfer.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No BFR means he has to take out each of the P5, and as the Phoenix concentrates in one host, it'll start to overwhelm him. Dark Phoenix for the win.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkRaiden
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden I got a notification from you but no comment.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Strange......chalk it up to comicvine issues?

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phoenix five all the way

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Strange......chalk it up to comicvine issues?

Happened to me also.

Anyway P5 due to better feats.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does cyclops as Dark Phoenix have a feat that puts him on par with a Skyfather?

Did he beat the hulk so bad he couldn't immediately come back and punch him

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darkraiden: so your saying thar it zeus power is implied being a skyfather on par with odin. Well wouldnt we imply that the sum of the phoenix 5 is more powerful than zeus because the Phoenix force is more powerful than a skyfather?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: so your saying thar it zeus power is implied being a skyfather on par with odin. Well wouldnt we imply that the sum of the phoenix 5 is more powerful than zeus because the Phoenix force is more powerful than a skyfather?

Nope. because Thor has beaten the Phoenix Force and shattered Emma. Phoenix isn't Phoenix Force necessarily, and Dark phoenix (the sum of the Phoenix 5 more than likely) isn't really skyfather level at all.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix Five every time. Zeus lacks the feats to be stomping them.

The fact that none of the Phoenix 5 displayed Skyfather level feats during their run. Hell Emma Frost got shattered by Thor with ease. If she couldn't inexplicably put herself back together, she loses there.

Well, to be fair, there was also a time where Thor stalemated Zeus for months.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 juiceboks  Moderator

@hyperlight said:

Nope. because Thor has beaten the Phoenix Force and shattered Emma. Phoenix isn't Phoenix Force necessarily, and Dark phoenix (the sum of the Phoenix 5 more than likely) isn't really skyfather level at all.

You can't be serious?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of the Phoenix five members should stomp, as they possess the Phoenix force split between 5 people; and the Phoenix force is Universal level-multiversal level, so in theory, by themselves they would at least rank Elder God-Cosmic cube level, miles above Sky-father.

As we all know it would take loads of Heralds to beat Odin, so it would take loads of cosmic cubes to be near the Phoenix force, and so they would be universal level beings; however in there run they didn't really show any impressive feats to suggests that they could easily surpass Sky-father level, but together they definitely win, even if Zeus was changed to Odin.

Team 9.999999/10.

As there are infinite outcomes to a fight, which is why 90% of Comic Viners are fanboys, as they fail to accept that there is usually much more than one outcome to a fight(unless it Galactus Vs Jarvis). LOL.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I still can't see how Zeus stomps hard.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: In theory, Zeus and Thor are 1st cousins.

Gaea is Zeus's mum, and Odin's wife.

Technically Odin is Zeus's uncle, and Thor and Zeus are cousins.

EE always connected ;).

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@hyperlight said:

You can't be serious?

Dark Phoenix has lost to the likes of Magneto, Xorn,Thor, and Storm. It's not close to Skyfather level.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 You mixed a few things up.

Gaea is Zeus' Grandmother while she's Thor's mother.

Thor is Zeus' Uncle.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kingant27

@dondave: wow, thanks, so why isn't either Thor more powerful, or Zeus less powerful.

Also Thor should be compared to Zeus not Hercules.

Avatar image for sinisterspectre
Sinisterspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sinisterspectre

P5

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 Asgardians aren't naturally powerful. Thor is the only real son of Odin that has any real power; stemming form the fact that Gaea is his mother. All of his other brothers are just average Asgardians.

Odin is only so powerful because he has the energy of his two brothers flowing in him.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Soul Sword can one shot Dormammu and it has been stated to harm or destroy any magical being, add the power of the Phoenix Force and the P5 win.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@darkraiden said:

@hyperlight said:

You can't be serious?

Dark Phoenix has lost to the likes of Magneto, Xorn,Thor, and Storm. It's not close to Skyfather level.

Magneto bottled up Green Phoenix.

Xorn killed Jean because the phoenix let it's guard down and was later revealed that it meant for Jean to die IIRC.

Thor only hurt Jean with an energy blast..he didn't actually beat her.

When did Storm beat Dark Phoenix exactly? I find that hard to believe considering Jean's handed the X-men their asses on several occasions..

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PHX5 ftw

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@juiceboks said:

@darkraiden said:

@hyperlight said:

You can't be serious?

Magneto bottled up Green Phoenix.

Xorn killed Jean because the phoenix let it's guard down and was later revealed that it meant for Jean to die IIRC.

Thor only hurt Jean with an energy blast..he didn't actually beat her.

When did Storm beat Dark Phoenix exactly? I find that hard to believe considering Jean's handed the X-men their asses on several occasions..

She battered her with a tornado. Yep.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: why isn't it skyfather, everyone knows the phoenix is superior to a skyfather, I could argue that Zeus could win due to experience but I am pretty sure collectively they can be more powerful than Zeus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still see nothing to suggest Zeus could win. His feats are more or less continent-level, except for when he shook a planet by being angry.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still see nothing to suggest Zeus could win. His feats are more or less continent-level, except for when he shook a planet by being angry.

I cannot see how you can write this in good faith. Odin has acknowledged Zeus as his equal on multiple occasions. Please tell me you're not going to play this "going by feats" game. Because if you are, according to you, Zeus isn't even herald level.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

p5.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShootingNova

@uberhikari: How is he not on Herald level? He rarely exercises his full power, with most of his feats being limited in effort, and he shook a world by being angry. Also, do you have scans of Odin outright acknowledging Zeus as his equal many times? Thor and Dormammu have, before, and I recall Odin doing so once or twice, but not many times.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: why would compare heralds with Zeus anyway...

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the P5 being too limited by both the fact that they share their power and that they lack experience with it. At the very least I see this coming down to one of them standing at full power to win.

0_Apocalypse_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phoenix 5 kill Zeus.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: why isn't it skyfather, everyone knows the phoenix is superior to a skyfather, I could argue that Zeus could win due to experience but I am pretty sure collectively they can be more powerful than Zeus.

Phoenix 5 (nor Phoenix itself tbh) have skyfather level feats. So nah. especially in fragments. They'd be stomped hard.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

P5 only because of magic

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: How is he not on Herald level? He rarely exercises his full power, with most of his feats being limited in effort, and he shook a world by being angry. Also, do you have scans of Odin outright acknowledging Zeus as his equal many times? Thor and Dormammu have, before, and I recall Odin doing so once or twice, but not many times.

First, I didn't say "many occasions" I said "multiple occasions." Two is multiple, therefore, my statement is true.

Second, you're still not arguing in good faith because even if I had evidence that Odin considered Zeus his equal on 1,000 occasions you still wouldn't accept it. We both know this is true, so why are you asking for evidence of this?

If your implicit assumption is that only feats matter, then according to you Zeus is only herald level (or even below). And you will continue to maintain this position no matter how many characters acknowledge that Zeus is Odin's equal.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Do you have scans of those two times?

Moreover, I just acknowledged that I don't believe Zeus is only or below Herald level, but you insist that is my implication? Did you even read my post?

As for why I believe Zeus probably isn't on par, it's simply that these statements don't always have to be true. Eternity once considered the Living Tribunal "his only equal", so what? Eternity is not on par with the LT.

Zeus had some issues with the Avengers at some point, and he was bloodlusted as well.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Do you have scans of those two times?

Do I personally have those scans? No. But does it matter? Like I said in my previous post, so what? You're not arguing in good faith because you and I both know that even if I could show you 1,000 instances where Odin considered Zeus his equal you would still not accept it. This is confirmed when you write this:

As for why I believe Zeus probably isn't on par, it's simply that these statements don't always have to be true. Eternity once considered the Living Tribunal "his only equal", so what? Eternity is not on par with the LT.

You're trying to play both sides of the fence with a rather duplicitous position: On one hand you're asking for evidence that Odin considers Zeus his equal, but on the other hand you're implying that even if I had such evidence it wouldn't necessarily convince you that Odin and Zeus are equals. See what I'm saying?

Moreover, I just acknowledged that I don't believe Zeus is only or below Herald level, but you insist that is my implication? Did you even read my post?

What? Everything you've written in this thread suggests that you believe that Zeus is not only not Odin's equal but, going by feats, is either herald level or possibly below. Shall I quote everything you've written? Let's see:

The last statement is particularly striking: Zeus's feats are continent-level except for when he shook a planet? That doesn't suggest that him shaking a planet is an outlier? That seems to be the suggestion... Everything you've written suggests that Zeus is, at best, herald level. You can't make several statements about how, going by feats, Zeus is herald level and then take issue with people pointing out that you're saying that Zeus is herald level. Again, you can't have it both ways.

Zeus had some issues with the Avengers at some point, and he was bloodlusted as well.

This is not true. Zeus solo'd the Avengers.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus was in the Warrior Madness

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShootingNova
@uberhikari said:

Do I personally have those scans? No. But does it matter? Like I said in my previous post, so what? You're not arguing in good faith because you and I both know that even if I could show you 1,000 instances where Odin considered Zeus his equal you would still not accept it. This is confirmed when you write this:

Or perhaps I might be convinced to agree with you if sufficient evidence is given? Your deflections of the point by incorrectly assuming my own disregard for a character's comments are most audacious.

You're trying to play both sides of the fence with a rather duplicitous position: On one hand you're asking for evidence that Odin considers Zeus his equal, but on the other hand you're implying that even if I had such evidence it wouldn't necessarily convince you that Odin and Zeus are equals. See what I'm saying?

Before I even address your regard for my argument, I'd like to see why you think that this is playing both sides of the fence. If something is simply implied, it isn't something that can be said with certainty, and you are assuming enough to suggest that I would deflect every point regardless of the evidence provided, but you lack the evidential criteria to substantiate this and you use it to deflect posting evidence. You'd be appealing to ignorance if you stipulated that I wouldn't necessarily (but even the term "necessarily" indicates I might) concede that point even if you posted that evidence, based off what implied, which is assuming your assessment of my views is correct in the first place.

More than that, you also managed to quote part of my post about Eternity regarded the Living Tribunal as his peer, but you never replied to it. Regardless of how bringing this up affects my argument, your inability to respond weakens your argument. Even if Odin declared that Zeus was his equal, does that necessarily mean it is correct? I cited another instance of this sort of remark where it was demonstrably not the case, but you neglected to respond to it either out of disregard or lack of suitable response, both of which weakens your argument.

As for evidence, Eternity outright stated he considered only the Living Tribunal to be his peer:

"...the one being I consider a peer."

And yet, we know Eternity and the Living Tribunal are not peers, the Living Tribunal is clearly and most certainly more powerful. Tell me why Odin's accounts of Zeus being his peer (which I still haven't seen evidence for) would be different. Again, I vaguely recall this being the case, but I can't say I remember it on-panel. I only remember Dormammu and Thor saying so on-panel.

What? Everything you've written in this thread suggests that you believe that Zeus is not only not Odin's equal but, going by feats, is either herald level or possibly below. Shall I quote everything you've written? Let's see:

The last statement is particularly striking: Zeus's feats are continent-level except for when he shook a planet? That doesn't suggest that him shaking a planet is an outlier? That seems to be the suggestion... Everything you've written suggests that Zeus is, at best, herald level. You can't make several statements about how, going by feats, Zeus is herald level and then take issue with people pointing out that you're saying that Zeus is herald level. Again, you can't have it both ways.

I love how you cite all of these instances but fail to/neglect to refute any of it. Furthermore, your blatant disregard for my previous clarifications of my standpoint regarding Zeus being herald level is fascinating:

@shootingnova said:

How is he not on Herald level? He rarely exercises his full power, with most of his feats being limited in effort, and he shook a world by being angry.

@shootingnova said:

I said this twice and you failed to address it, and I bolded part of the first quote to highlight something important I said which you again neglected to recognize. Again, did you read my post?

You seem to have the intention of making me repeal my previous assertions, but unfortunately nothing you have said thus far is going to make this the case. You'll need to do more than just deflect my points and ignore a number of them. That is not a pragmatic style of debating and you still lack substance for your claims.

This is not true. Zeus solo'd the Avengers.

He was bloodlusted the entire time and still suffered a number of hits. Odin would have most certainly one-shotted them based off his fights with, say, Seth, which destroyed galaxies and affected the fabric of the multiverse, but Zeus required both the full expenditure of his physical strength and power and still required multiple blows to incapacitate them before they eventually awoke, and Zeus himself withstood a number of blows. The fact that he was bloodlusted, that the Avengers were not even trying to belligerently and madly assault him as he did them, and the fact that the fight itself lasted so long, is evidence that he is not on par with Odin.