vs

Rules:

• All DC heroes are pre-52
  • Aquaman has Trident of Neptune
  • Hawkman has Claw of Horus and Nth Metal Armor
  • Wonder Woman has the sword of Hephaestus
  • Win by KO or death
  • Everyone is bloodlusted

Can the team with powers from the gods take down Zeus?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Zeus loses.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Didn't Zeus stomp Hulk and once stomp the Avengers.???

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zeus was strained by the Avengers despite his bloodlust.

He wrecked Hulk, though, but Hulk wasn't going all out. Doubt that would make a difference, however.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Solar_Powered

Zeus wrecks. This is borderline spite.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to back the Skyfather here...

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Zeus stomps

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What has Zeus done to say that he wins?

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

Stalemate Odin?

Beat Hulk effortlessly to a bloody pulp?

Tank a direct blast from galactus himself?

The more important question is, what have the DC squad done to suggest they could even hurt Zeus?

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus can revery Adam and Shazam back to human form. It's Zeus' thunderbolts that transformed them in th efirst place.

I don't think the other three can do this by themselves, though Zeus will know he's been in a fight.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: He was posessed by Mikaboshi when he tanked a blast from Galactus, IIRC. Mikaboshi is a multiversal level threat.

Can I get scans of him stalemating Odin?

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Also, Hulk wasn't even there to fight Zeus, he was there to retrieve his family.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus can revery Adam and Shazam back to human form. It's Zeus' thunderbolts that transformed them in th efirst place.

I don't think the other three can do this by themselves, though Zeus will know he's been in a fight.

The Zeus from Marvel is not the same character from DC.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@captain_batman_ftw:

Also, let's be honest. The power of Mikaboshi has been wildly inconsistent over the past years. He was even hurt by a single lightning bolt from Thor.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew1061 said:

What's that have to do with anything? Marvel Zeus can still revert them back to their human forms.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@captain_batman_ftw:

Also, let's be honest. The power of Mikaboshi has been wildly inconsistent over the past years. He was even hurt by a single lightning bolt from Thor.

I wouldn't say Zeus stalemated Odin. If I recall correctly they had an argument for a second then stopped as they were both too afraid to start a fight in the Living Tribunal's citadel.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Marvel Zeus and DC Zeus aren't the same. Thats what it has to do with everything.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:
@matthew1061 said:

What's that have to do with anything? Marvel Zeus can still revert them back to their human forms.

Because it's Marvel Zeus in this fight and you were talking about DC Zeus. They are 2 different characters.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you say why you think this is spite? I mean, each of the team comes with their own set of powers directly from many gods, and 3 of them are armed with weapons created by gods that can hurt gods.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NotATreeABush

Zeus wins with easy

@willpayton Just any ordinary lighting can turn Cap Marvel back to human form, don't know about Black Adam though

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus wins with easy

@willpayton Just any ordinary lighting can turn Cap Marvel back to human form, don't know about Black Adam though

ordinary lightning cannot change captain marvel back to human form he only changes when he says "shazam" so unless he says shazam he is staying in that form

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered said:

Can you say why you think this is spite? I mean, each of the team comes with their own set of powers directly from many gods, and 3 of them are armed with weapons created by gods that can hurt gods.

Zeus completely wrecked Hulk. He used only his fists, I think that if he wanted to he could've completely vaporize him with one lightning bolt.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus has a good chance, due to his dealing with the Hulk, Avengers etc however by solid feats, the Team also stands a very good chance.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: exactly wonder woman has fought gods plenty of times

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Solar_Powered

@justsomerandomkid said:

@solar_powered: Marvel Zeus and DC Zeus aren't the same. Thats what it has to do with everything.

Marvel Zeus can still revert Black Adam & Captain Marvel with a single bolt of lightning though.

@willpayton said:

@solar_powered said:

Having your powers come from the gods does not make you on par with them. Captain Marvel nor Black Adam have done anything that puts them on a Skyfather level of power.

Zeus even said he could have incinerated Hulk with a single bolt of lightning if he wanted to. Not only that, but he outright dominated the Hulk with nothing more than a few blows. I don't see anyone on this team that has a significant amount of durability over the Hulk, so everyone here is getting stomped. Zeus even effortlessly caught Mjolnir in his hands after it was thrown by Thor, which I don't see anyone on this list being able to replicate.

Spite if Zeus can use his magical abilities.

@sophia89 said:

Team.

Zeus doesn't have feats to say he can win.

I'd say the team doesn't have enough feats to say they could even hurt Zeus.

@storm-is-life said:

@notatreeabush said:

Zeus wins with easy

ordinary lightning cannot change captain marvel back to human form he only changes when he says "shazam" so unless he says shazam he is staying in that form

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Reptilicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't Marvel be able to take Zeus down...?

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeus easily

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: it is pis just like captain America over powering Spider-Man

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel has had a weakness to normal lightning/electricity going way back to the 1940s. Once, Dr. Sivana used a giant electric eel to change him to Billy. The power plant above and the DC/Marvel story where Thor used lightning to change CM to Billy are consistent with this weakness. They may have changed this in New 52, I don't know, but you can't claim PIS when it's been part of the character's weakness from the very first.

No Caption Provided

Black Adam does have a mortal form (unless New 52 has retconned this too. He is an Egyptian man named Teth Adam. He would change to human form if he said SHAZAM but he never does this because his mortal body would die of old age immediately. that's how CM beat him in his first appearance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doncha just love classic Adam's haircut? :)

It's possible that in the New 52 an electrical discharge, or a bolt of normal lightning, or a bolt of magical lightning, or a bolt of Marvel Zeus's lightning would not work. However since many of these things *have* worked in the past, somebody is going to provide some solid evidence that it no longer works in New 52. Without that all the evidence is against you.

BTW, the Avengers team Zeus took on was a powerful one: Namor, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), She-Hulk, Black Knight, Thor, Dr. Druid, and (a wounded) Hercules. It was a long and difficult fight with Zeus most often having the upper hand. There was no clear winner but it looked like Zeus would probably eventually win. Even if Marvel Zeus he can't revert Shazam and Adam, I think he can still take this god-squad probably 6/10.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW, the Avengers team Zeus took on was a powerful one: Namor, Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), She-Hulk, Black Knight, Thor, Dr. Druid, and (a wounded) Hercules. It was a long and difficult fight with Zeus most often having the upper hand. There was no clear winner but it looked like Zeus would probably eventually win. Even if Marvel Zeus he can't revert Shazam and Adam, I think he can still take this god-squad probably 6/10.

This team would wreck that Avengers lineup. Not sure why people think that barely beating that team is some kind of feat. <shrugs>

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team has some chance

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew1061 said:

This team would wreck that Avengers lineup. Not sure why people think that barely beating that team is some kind of feat. <shrugs>

Barely beating that team? He literally one shot them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even thor was felled by that casual AOE blast.

He then proceeded to brutalize Hercules in a short few attacks.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He even took a direct hit from Namor and from Mjolnir in the face and was completely unfazed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@matthew1061 said:

Barely beating that team? He literally one shot them.

i was going by what was said here, but yeah it makes more sense that defeated them with little difficulty. Still, this team is more powerful than that Avengers lineup, and the weapons being carried here are capable of dealing massive damage to Zeus. Even just Wonder Woman's sword that can cut the electrons from atoms is deadly by itself.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Black Adam doesn't get his powers from Zeus... He gets them from the Egyptian pantheon. So stop claiming that Zeus could depower him. And it's Marvel Zeus, not DC. They got different abilities. DC Ares is maybe 50 times more powerful than Marvel's.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowhuntr: I JUST posted scans of Shazam being depowered by a normal bolt of lightning, so the same applies to Black Adam as well. I love how you chose to just ignore it entirely.

@willpayton: What's the best feat she has with that sword?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@solar_powered said:

Zeus completely wrecked Hulk. He used only his fists, I think that if he wanted to he could've completely vaporize him with one lightning bolt.

This is a straight up lie since Zeus used both magic and lightning bolts to tamper with Hulks healing factor and it can be plainly seen here.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The writer himself also confirms this in an interview.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: The lightning was a mere byproduct of his mystically enhanced strength.

And regardless of Hulk's healing factor, he still has outrageous raw durability, which Zeus effortlessly bypassed. The healing factor negation merely put them on even terms, since most other characters of Hulk's level of strength don't have an instant healing factor.

Master-Danny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Master-Danny

feats for zeus,besides the hulk beating!!!!

also

WBH > thor

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigcimmerian
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: The lightning was a mere byproduct of his mystically enhanced strength.

And regardless of Hulk's healing factor, he still has outrageous raw durability, which Zeus effortlessly bypassed. The healing factor negation merely put them on even terms, since most other characters of Hulk's level of strength don't have an instant healing factor.

So it's impossible for Zeus to amp himself physically without lightning coating him? How do you know that it was just the byproduct of his mystically enhanced strength? Is this anywhere stated or shown? What about the writer himself saying that Zeus cheated?

Of course he did he is a Sky father, the healing factor on or off does not put them on even terms. Hulks durability was also tampered with since we can see him falling on rocks was enough to cut him, either way taking away his healing factor does not put him on even terms with a Skyfather that uses magic to amp his physicals as well as temper with Hulks own physicals.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Healing factor means nothing in the fights of this magnitude.

Are you actually joking or are you being serious right now? Do you know how many times healing factor has prevented Hulk and many others from being knocked out or straight up killed by ridiculously powerful attacks if it where not for it? Why tamper with it in the first place if it meant nothing?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian said:

@atheistknowledge: Healing factor means nothing in the fights of this magnitude.

Are you actually joking or are you being serious right now? Do you know how many times healing factor has prevented Hulk and many others from being knocked out or straight up killed by ridiculously powerful attacks if it where not for it? Why tamper with it in the first place if it meant nothing?

I'm serious. He tempered with it because he wanted Hulk to suffer. Come on do you seriously think Hulk has a chance against Zeus even with a healing factor? Getting KO'd don't depend on healing factor, Captain America KO'd Wolverine with a shield strike.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@bigcimmerian said:

@atheistknowledge said:

@bigcimmerian said:

I'm serious. He tempered with it because he wanted Hulk to suffer. Come on do you seriously think Hulk has a chance against Zeus even with a healing factor? Getting KO'd don't depend on healing factor, Captain America KO'd Wolverine with a shield strike.

So he went against his own word and tempered with Hulks healing factor during the fight instead of after? I am not saying that, he probably doesn't but at the same time the writer said literally no one on Earth could have done as good as Hulk did in that fight so that makes me think but regardless Hulk went there with the intent to lose anyway. Let's not just use Wolverins low showings the guy has whitstood hits from Hulk and Juggernaut both whom have caused shattering Earthquakes solely because of his healing factor many times... He survived a freaking nuke because of it for Christ sake...

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered said:

So it's impossible for Zeus to amp himself physically without lightning coating him? How do you know that it was just the byproduct of his mystically enhanced strength? Is this anywhere stated or shown? What about the writer himself saying that Zeus cheated?

Of course he did he is a Sky father, the healing factor on or off does not put them on even terms. Hulks durability was also tampered with since we can see him falling on rocks was enough to cut him, either way taking away his healing factor does not put him on even terms with a Skyfather that uses magic to amp his physicals as well as temper with Hulks own physicals.

Unless it was explicitly stated that Hulk's durability was tampered with, we cannot assume it was. Only his healing factor was removed. Moreover, it still isn't cheating. It's removing a hax ability. Hulk instantly regenerates from any attack unless you KO him completely.

Furthermore, the fight took place in Olympus. We have no idea how different Olympus is in comparison to Earth. The rocks there could be much more dense than Earth's rocks.