Zeus(GOD of War) VS Shao Khan (Mortal Kombat)

• 93 results
allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By allanvdsouza

King of Olympus vs King of Outworld

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Kratos beat Zeus, Shao Kahn takes this with easy

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By colliderz

Kahn via soul drain otherwise Zeus

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have been a lot of recent Shao Kahn threads here lately. As most of them were jokes ala vs batman/bane types this is a more even match up and one I believe he would more than likely lose. Even though the god of war Zeus is pretty weak relative to the other versions of Zeus, he's still the king of the Olympian gods.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danm: Just because Kratos killed Zeus , this don't mean that Shao Khan can do this.
Kratos couldn't kill Zeus alone, and Zeus was weak in their finnal battle in GOD of WAR 3.

OldNorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OldNorse

@allanvdsouza:

I think you may have misunderstood what I said, I'm favoring Zeus in this battle.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends, but honestly I think this is a great battle.

As it stands I may give Zeus the upper hand, but I could also see it going either way.

Zeus is Immortal, just as Kahn is, but the only reason Zeus lost to Kratos was because he was infected with Pandora's box (one of the 7 deadly sins), and that shouldn't / I don't think that should be taken into account here.

Kahn on the other hand only lost to Liu Kang because of the rules of Mortal Kombat, and like Pandora's box, I don't think those should be taken into account here.

Again, I think Zeus has the upper hand in variety of powers and such here, but he does have a soul, thus he is vulnerable to Kahn's main ability. Also, if Kahn is able to use his power to merge worlds, there is a possibility that he could weaken Zeus in a way as (iirc) Zeus, like Raiden, is connected to Earth/Olympus, and thus if Kahn messes with that he could mess with Zeus' power.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@onilordasmodeus: If Zeus attack Outworld first like he did to Sparta?

Milliardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is against the rules. You must have a comic character

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By allanvdsouza

milliardo : Ok, desculpe, mas eu vejo muitother characters. :/

Avatar image for theimmovableobject52
TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milliardo: yeah settle down buddy All but dbz characters are allowed Shou Khan Triumps over Zeus

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milliardo: settle down Poindexter Shou Khan Stomps Zeus

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Shao Kahn

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallingcliffs

^__^Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn with set rules approved by the Elder Gods and is arguably one of MKU's best H2H fighters, Shao Kahn conquers realms, soul drains people, has been amped to the point of killing everyone and giving Raiden trouble. The Gods of GOW are very weak compared to the actual greek mythos...LK is also a metahuman and phenomenal H2H fighter.

@hirev_starman said:

Shao Kahn easily

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Why thank you, I really am a big MK fan and enjoy the mythos over the years. :-)

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By allanvdsouza
Loading Video...

@fallingcliffs: Zeus killed the spartan army with the blade of Olympus easily.

Loading Video...

He made Gaea fall from mount Olympus.

Loading Video...

He killed all the spartans and destroy the city.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeus

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allanvdsouza: That is an impressive feat but it lacks in comparison to Shou Khan conquering multiple worlds

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@cjdavis103: Simple, greater feats and power? Shao Kahn is a conquerer of WORLDS's, Zeus beat an army. Weak feat in comparison, Shao Kahn soloed everyone at the end of MKA canon and merged every realm with a thought, and end of MK 9 had literally most of Earthrealm's souls thus amping his power dramatically...Kahn would take Zeus's soul. Zeus got beatdown by Kratos then stabbed repeatedly, dead. Kahn survived getting a hole punched through his damn chest. lol

@theimmovableobject52: Exactly

@allanvdsouza: And Shao Kahn killed entire REALMS and has merged them with a thought easily end of MKA/beginning of MK 9 timeline and would have taken over Earthrealm at the end of MK 9 had it not been for the omnipotent deities known as the Elder Gods stopping him since Raiden is weakened in Outworld, the merger effected his powers.

MK 9 intro/MKArmageddon canon ending: Shao Kahn kills everyone including Raiden, gains invincible power, merges the realms with a thought before killing Raiden.

Loading Video...

Shao Kahn instantly killing Shang Tsung via soul transfer and using his power to amp Sindel...40 seconds in.

Loading Video...

MK9 ending Shao Kahn invades Earthrealm, takes billions of souls prior to that and amps him vastly giving Raiden trouble and oneshots Cage and Sonya without any remote effort.

Loading Video...

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fallingcliffs : You are exaggerating.
Shao Khan never defeated a entire realm alone, he made a spell to connect the worlds, if he could destroy a entire realm alone he would not need a army, and Shao Khan always fight against his enemies in 1x1, he never fought agains two enemies at same time.
Zeus can do clones to distract Khan and after kill him.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shao Kahn wins. Zeus is more versatile but he is weaker in overall power and Shao Kahn at full power was a multi-world threat and his magic is more potent than Zeus`. Also soul manipulation should be a viable option against the King of Olympus.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Shao Khan due to soul manipulation/drain, but it'd be a cool fight regardless.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@allanvdsouza: I'm not exaggerating at all actually, it's fact. Kahn has literally MILLIONS of souls within him, at his disposal and can manipulate them better than anyone including Zeus. Kahn again end of MKA merged the realms with a thought he would solo an army and any realm when he's amped, MK 9 ending he had absorbed TONS of souls...also I don't see what relevance Hades has when Zeus is used here lol. He also maybe never defeated an entire realm alone but could if he had enough souls easily, MK 3 arch he was literally absorbing and taking billions of souls from Earth from a portal via his magic. MK 9 he did the same thing just not quite as ridiculous a method but via soulnados.

Kahn has better feats and is stronger than Zeus. Kahn wins. Kahn will add Zeus to his list of souls. Lastly, you know I just realized you're the O.P. you're not supposed to be taking sides. Making threads with biased purposes isn't a allowed from what I understand.

@onilordasmodeus perhaps can explain better but yeah.

But comes down to who's more powerful and feats. Kahn has more than GOA Zeus here giving him the win.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Yes, IF he had, he dosen't have now.
And some gods can fight against soul manipulation.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fallingcliffs : You are exaggerating.

Shao Khan never defeated a entire realm alone, he made a spell to connect the worlds, if he could destroy a entire realm alone he would not need a army, and Shao Khan always fight against his enemies in 1x1, he never fought agains two enemies at same time.

Zeus can do clones to distract Khan and after kill him.

It depends on what you mean by "defeat" a realm. Kahn, by himself, took all the souls of earth and merged / began to merge, Outworld and Earth into one in MK3 and at the end of MK9. The reason he failed was because of Raiden (and others) who stopped/reversed his actions. In those games Shao Kahn had essentially "won" all by himself, but his enemies fought back and restored their world.

And the reason Kahn has minions is for control purposes. As horrible a "person" that he is, he does govern the people of his realm, and thus has an army to do his bidding. Look at Shinnok, the fallen Elder God. He took over the Netherrealm essentially alone as well (he needed Quan Chi to free him from his confines though), and he almost took Earth by himself too but for Raiden and the EGs. I only mention him to point out that he too has minions, most who are apparitions of his own making, so Kahn or Shinnok having a standing army doesn't really imply some sort of weakness.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onilordasmodeus : Ok, ok, everyone here think that Zeus is so weak and lose to everyone, okay. -_-

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fallingcliffs

AcidSkull, no Zeus does not. Kahn is stronger and has FAR better feats. Zeus got stomped literally but Kratos...Kahn meanwhile is a conquerer, Godlike Emperor of realms and is the master of soul stealing. He stomps Zeus here...

This is my issue with CV MK or SF battles, most know nothing of the mythos. Thank god there's going to be an MK X comic to open people's eyes that MK characters aren't just "humans with a few tricks" not even close.

@allanvdsouza: He's powerful though under his own power...see here what he can do to Zeus, sure Kahn has been stronger just like Zeus with the sword but normally just saying Kahn has better feats and power than Zeus has shown in GOW series, all we're saying.

I don't think Zeus is weak, just that Kahn is stronger. 40 seconds in you'll see what I mean...Shang Tsung he tranfers/steals his soul(who in himself is filled with tons of souls) and puts it into Sindel's body amping her...

Loading Video...

But yeah on the army front oni put it perfectly, they really do it for "powertrip and follow me I'm powerful and to be feared" reasons rather than a necessity.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Zeus can shoot lightning in anywhere, when he was in mount Olympus, he shot a lightning in Ares, and Ares was in Egypt.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cjdavis103

@fallingcliffs:

I have to point out that's none are standard shao kang

and I still do not see any physical feats that stops zeus

No Caption Provided

from steping on him

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@allanvdsouza: so can raiden yet kahn gives him trouble, lightning is powerful but wont stop kahn with bolts here and there.

@ cjdavis103: it doesnt matter its still shao kahn in the canon....and he has more feats than zues. Whats to stop kahn from taking his soul? Kahns magic would stop zues....

Oh? What about when Kahn became invinsible glowing orange from Blaze's defeat and merged the realms with a thought to Outworld? In case you're unaware the one who defeats and kills Blaze takes his power and is granted ANYTHING they want, Zeus's power fails compared to this someone merging worlds with a mere thought while killing an immortal Thunder God who's existed since the beginning of time itself...

Loading Video...

I also fail to see how a picture of Zeus being bigger than a small little island is an argument? Proof he's stepped on those smaller than him? You're assuming, sorry but til I see proof that's mere theory.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs:

so? Soul attacks can be resisted in the GOW universe and IIRC shao kan's soul steal is not faster then Zeus stepping on him

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allanvdsouza: No Zeus is one of if not the strongest characters in the God of War Series But When Compared To An Emperor who constantly defies and overpowers Gods its no contest Khan Trumps Zeus

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fallingcliffs

: @CJDAVIS: Proof of such? Because Kahn can do many things, he's got literally centuries of experience in fighting, is a master of powerful dark magic. Soul stealing is but ONE of his many abilities. He can create weapons of his mind by thinking about them ie his hammer, spears, projectiles etc, etc. Has used telekinesis via his magic, has created clones of himself and the more souls he steals/absorbs the more powerful he gets...I also have seen no evidence suggesting GOW characters can "resist soul draining or stealing".

Umm Zeus isn't stepping on Kahn, Kratos beat the hell out of him and he was roughly the same size so I dont know what you're talking about. Also til I see actual proof of "zeus stepping on someone" as you say that's mere theory which is irrelevant here. I already posted a few canon vids above showing Kahn's power, meanwhile Kratos(Zeus's own son) killed him...yet he's not "a giant" Kahn merged realms/that means worlds with a mere thought...at the end of MKA and beginning of MK9 before timeline was changed thanks to Raiden.

@theimmovableobject52 said:

@allanvdsouza: No Zeus is one of if not the strongest characters in the God of War Series But When Compared To An Emperor who constantly defies and overpowers Gods its no contest Khan Trumps Zeus

That's not accurate, Shao Kahn only defies Raiden. When he tried defying the Elder Gods they vaporized him obviously you don't follow MK Mythos or you'd know this....the only God Kahn has overpowered was Raiden and again only due to power amp or merging the realms thus weakening Raiden. The Elder Gods decry that Raiden is allowed to go anywhere he wants, however if he goes to Outworld he's weakened dramatically. Shao Kahn however can only conquer a realm by his realm defeating others in Mortal Kombat or invasion where the MK rules don't apply such as other realms in the past he's conquered, however centuries ago Raiden asked the Elder Gods to give Earthrealm a chance to at least defend itself by having to lose 10 Mortal kombats in order for Shao Kahn to invade and conquer the realm.

Umm so is Shao Kahn, he's one of the strongest MK characters there is in the entire series. Kratos actually killed the gods in his universe as they're not omnipotent, mean while the Elder Gods in MKU are. Only Kahn has given the normal Gods trouble and in fair game they'd beat and have beaten him. In a fair match no power compromises or amps, Raiden would kill Shao Kahn but they Jobber Raiden because of his "immortal Thunder God protector of Earthrealm" status quo.

allanvdsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By godofnick

Zeus. Also it's spelled Kahn for Christ's sake.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ allan: still going kahn.

Avatar image for ermac_wins_via_fatality
Ermac_Wins_via_Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kahn for the win.

People down-play Kahn a lot here, if it isn't an MK tournament, then Kahn rapes Zeus and everything ever in the God of War universe.

Think of Kahn as kinda like ShangTsung, he gets more powerful with every soul he obtains.

Kahn being the konqueror of many, many realms, he obtains all these souls of the realms former inhabitants.

So lets take Shang Tsung for example:

Steals souls of his defeated foes, thus gaining a powerup.

He gains the strength of said souls.

Shao Kahn has conquered countless realms, Killed trillions of people and absorbed their souls.

There are 7. Biliion people in earth for example.

So assuming each realm has around the same as modern day earth, Shao Kahn has conquered many realms, lets just use 5 as an example.

5 x 7 = 35.

35 trillion souls.

Kahn has the power of 35 trillion beings for each 5 realm. Like Tarkatans, (who far surpass humans in strength) Centaurs (Far supass humans in speed) and Shokans (Goro). Oh and Vampire demon thingys and Saurions (Basically humanoid dinosaurs.)

Meaning Kahns power is unbelievably powerful.

Kahn turns Zeus into red paste.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus

Seido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kahn

TheImmovableObject52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: you do know Shou Khan still invaded and conquered earth realm defying the gods 10 mortal kombat victories rule

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@TheImmovableObject52: Of course that's true ultimately Kahn failed but to be fair when you got up against Omnipotent Deities probably not the smartest thing to do lol. The EG would totally destroy Zeus too to be fair lol but true.

Kahn despised everyone and the rules, he abided by the rules of MK for centuries that's why he was pissed about losting the 10th MK tournament he even said "Curse the Elder Gods and their Mortal Kombat rules" lol before Shang begged for his life at one point that's why he said hmm I can invade from QC's plan but reality is he couldn't.. He didn't succeed the second he invaded he got killed by the Elder Gods.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nick_hero22

@fallingcliffs: Your spreading misinformation, and I believe that you were corrected in another thread on these very same points.

1) Shao Kahn doesn't use his own powers to merge realms , but objects called Portal Orbs to connect realms together which was stated in Mortal Kombat: Deception Konquest mode.

2) Shao Kahn didn't solo the roster in Mortal Kombat 9 because as we saw when the camera in the opening scene was scanning around the battlefield there was fighting amongst all of the combatants and we see things like Scorpion being impaled by Sub-Zero's sword, Baraka being split in half by Kung Lao's hat, and Shinnok's skeleton hands killing Kung Lao, and Nightwolf killing Sheeva with his mystical arrows.

3) Shao Kahn uses his armies to conquer other realms and merge them together, and the Elder Gods later decided to impose restrictions on that practice because realms that are weaker than Outworld would have no chance to defend themselves which gave rise to the Mortal Kombat Tournament.

4) As shown in Mortal Kombat 9, Shao Kahn needed Quan Chi to open a Soulnado to take the souls from Earthrealm which retcons what happened in Mortal Kombat 3 which isn't even canon anymore due to Raiden traveling back in time to alter the future of the story-line. Again, cannot take large quantities of souls without a Soulnado being created first which is why he needed Quan Chi's. In addition to that why assume that soul stealing would work on a supernatural entity like Zeus since Shao Kahn cannot steal souls from the Gods and Deities in the Mortal Kombat Universe?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ermac_wins_via_fatality:@onilordasmodeus@neongamewave@xbleeding_edgexThese people seem to have covered it already I've noticed between this and apparent other Mortal Kombat topics. Yes from where I'm standing.

@nick_hero22: I don't agree. Not spreading misinformation at all. I've read this entire those other topics you refer to and you are wrong as far as can tell. The users in this topic who've argued on Kahn's behalf seem to know the MK mythos, Shao Kahn has lots of power and merges realms with his own it's called Outworld. Portal Orbs are only apart of the Konquest mode, they have no say concerning when someone invades or merges their realm. I don't see anyone feeling the same way as you do, perhaps you're new to the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Shao Kahn killed anyone who was left since he was the one who destroyed the one called Blaze, who is of vast power. I never said Shao Kahn killed everyone else, I said up to that point it was only Raiden and Shao Kahn left with Kahn being the one to canonically kill Blaze.

Shao Kahn's armies work for him yes but it's still his powers that grants him to be more powerful via soul draining, it's why the soulnados are used as we see Quan-Chi doing in the graveyard. We also see this done however in a different way in Mortal Kombat 3. Armies or himself though he can't merge the realms without abiding by the rules of the Elder Gods as we saw he paid with his life for doing such. Years ago Raiden pleaded to the Elder Gods to to give Earthrealm a chance to defend itself against Outworld hence why they must win 10 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments, they won 9 going into that point.

Loading Video...

It's not retconned it's merely altering some events and a retelling actually, as I believe one other user already stated. Watch this video, Mr. Ed Boon states @4:49 mark that the game is a retelling that is not retconned.

90% of what happened previously things still happened that existed in the original timeline except a few things namely people dying but still sets up the MK 4 mythos via Quan-Chi and Shinnok which ends the same way. He has taken large quantities of souls before MK9 and during MK 9, it really doesn't matter how. Shao Kahn is an Emperor and a god in his own right, there's also no proof that Shao Kahn can't take souls of Gods in MK. Why would you think this? The original timeline he defeated Raiden however via Blazes power amplifying his power and once he merged the two realms that automatically weaknes the Thunder God. Zeus is not a supernatural anything, he's a God and Father of Kratos who got killed by his own son. The Gods as stated earlier aren't that powerful in GOW series. This was established many times on this site from past GOW topics.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ermac_wins_via_fatality:@onilordasmodeus@neongamewave@xbleeding_edgexThese people seem to have covered it already I've noticed between this and apparent other Mortal Kombat topics. Yes from where I'm standing.

@nick_hero22: I don't agree. Not spreading misinformation at all. I've read this entire those other topics you refer to and you are wrong as far as can tell. The users in this topic who've argued on Kahn's behalf seem to know the MK mythos, Shao Kahn has lots of power and merges realms with his own it's called Outworld. Portal Orbs are only apart of the Konquest mode, they have no say concerning when someone invades or merges their realm. I don't see anyone feeling the same way as you do, perhaps you're new to the Mortal Kombat franchise?

Shao Kahn killed anyone who was left since he was the one who destroyed the one called Blaze, who is of vast power. I never said Shao Kahn killed everyone else, I said up to that point it was only Raiden and Shao Kahn left with Kahn being the one to canonically kill Blaze.

Shao Kahn's armies work for him yes but it's still his powers that grants him to be more powerful via soul draining, it's why the soulnados are used as we see Quan-Chi doing in the graveyard. We also see this done however in a different way in Mortal Kombat 3. Armies or himself though he can't merge the realms without abiding by the rules of the Elder Gods as we saw he paid with his life for doing such. Years ago Raiden pleaded to the Elder Gods to to give Earthrealm a chance to defend itself against Outworld hence why they must win 10 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments, they won 9 going into that point.

Loading Video...

It's not retconned it's merely altering some events and a retelling actually, as I believe one other user already stated. Watch this video, Mr. Ed Boon states @4:49 mark that the game is a retelling that is not retconned.

90% of what happened previously things still happened that existed in the original timeline except a few things namely people dying but still sets up the MK 4 mythos via Quan-Chi and Shinnok which ends the same way. He has taken large quantities of souls before MK9 and during MK 9, it really doesn't matter how. Shao Kahn is an Emperor and a god in his own right, there's also no proof that Shao Kahn can't take souls of Gods in MK. Why would you think this? The original timeline he defeated Raiden however via Blazes power amplifying his power and once he merged the two realms that automatically weaknes the Thunder God. Zeus is not a supernatural anything, he's a God and Father of Kratos who got killed by his own son. The Gods as stated earlier aren't that powerful in GOW series. This was established many times on this site from past GOW topics.

1) What? It's flat-out stated in the lore of the game via Konquest mode which was the story-mode of the Mortal Kombat franchise prior to Mortal Kombat vs DC and Mortal Kombat 9. You have no clue what you are talking about! The fact that Shao Kahn has to use Portal Orbs is information straight from the canon, and not empty speculation or inaccurate information like you have being throwing around as fact.

2) You stated that Shao Kahn solo'ed everyone which is was false because we can watch the story-mode from Mortal Kombat 9 and see that the only person he defeated was Blaze and then Raiden after his upgrade. The promotional trailer from Mortal Kombat: Armageddon chronicles what happened prior to Shao Kahn defeating Blaze, and from that we know that the only characters he actually canonically defeated were Blaze and Raiden after his upgrade.

3) If he is using his armies to subdue other realms, then how is this feat of strength and power? Mortal Kombat 3 is non-canon! You acknowledged that what had happened in Mortal Kombat 9 in regards to the massive soul draining was different then what happened in Mortal Kombat 3, so that essentially proves the point about Mortal Kombat 3 not being canon anymore.

4) A retcon is a alteration or retelling of a previous continuity, so Mortal Kombat 9 was in fact a retcon. Majority of the mythos actually changed so don't sit there and tell that lie about 90% of remained intact when Sub-Zero was converted in a cyborg, most of the cast was killed off by Sindel, Shang Tsung was killed so he could have his soul harvest to amp Sindel, Quan Chi was given the souls of most of the dead characters, Shao Kahn was killed by the Elder Gods, and etc. not to mention the radical changes in Mortal Kombat X like Total Kahn and Cassie Cage. Raiden a god was able to protect the souls of the humans in Earthrealm when the soul draining was happening, so that strongly suggests that Shao Kahn cannot take the souls of god because why wasn't he able to siphon them away from the main protagonist in the story if that wasn't the case? Not mention why didn't Shao Kahn steal Raiden's soul in the process if he could?

What the hell? Gods are supernatural by definition! An non-bias observer in this thread can see that the Gods in the GOW Franchise are far more powerful than Shao Kahn who literally in the game got his head busted opened by Liu Kang who is a normal human, and he would have gotten his ass whopped again by Liu Kang if Raiden didn't kill him in the final chapter of the game because he was under the impression that if Liu Kang had fought and defeated Shao Kahn again the timeline wouldn't be fixed. When Shao Kahn stops getting slapped around by normal humans then we would be able to have an actual conversation, but this thread is a mismatch and silly; but I expect no better from an ignorant delusional fanbase who think Shao Kahn vs Thor, Raiden vs Flash, Raiden vs Superman, Ermac vs Jean Grey with Phoenix Force, and Sub-Zero vs Iceman are good match--up. At this point Mortal Kombat threads or fanboys/trolls need to be banned because we always get the same silly ass match-ups were fanboys deliberately come in and spread misinformation and misconstrue facts to prolong mismatches. If we are to have a productive dialogue this practice needs to stop.