Zatanna vs Raven

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Retnex

I find it surprising this hasn't been done before, but I don't see a link under this. 

2 Fights:

1. Comic Version Zatanna vs Comic Version Raven

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

2. Justice League Unlimited Zatanna vs Teen Titans Raven 
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who wins?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Probably Raven

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zoom

Raven on both accounts. 

Zatanna pretty much sucks.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3
1. Zatanna - wins.
2. Raven - wins.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Retnex

bump

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By charlieboy

i think zatanna would come out on top on both counts.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Roddy010

Raven wins this....She mind rapes Zatanna into a comatose state....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kastiel

Raven both ways.

Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lord_oraculous016

I'll go with Raven..

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By courtney12490
@Retnex: Even if it had been done before you'd be safe because you gave the fight circumstances that make it individual.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By velle37

Raven for both. She has a lot of power being the daughter of an omnipotent demon.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@velle37 said:
"Raven for both. She has a lot of power being the daughter of an omnipotent demon. "

That is true, although on the DC heiarchy he isn't truely Omnipotent.
IsabellaRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By IsabellaRoth

Raven...She is  too much powerful.. =D

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EpitomeofCool
Zatanna definitely WINS for the first round! Why do people underestimate her so much? She is powerful and her magics are greater than Raven's. 

Second round, is tougher. There is only like 3 episodes with Zatanna in Justice League unlimited and you don't see her do much. Where as in Teen Titans Raven battles someone in almost EVERY episode. So I'll give Round two fight to Raven.
misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 118

#15  Edited By misterz173

I say Raven would win both fights. Zatanna is powerful, but, shes just not on the same level as Raven.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zoom
@EpitomeofCool said:
"Zatanna definitely WINS for the first round! Why do people underestimate her so much? She is powerful and her magics are greater than Raven's."

Raven doesn't have any magics so this kinda just shows you don't know what you're talking about.
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Belladonna

1. Zatanna wins, Raven may have magical back ground but her abilities are those of a psychic instead
2. Raven, Zatanna's cartoon stint is just below, Raven is shown capable of spells of vast power and her telekinetic abilities could give her an edge.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
"Zatanna definitely WINS for the first round! Why do people underestimate her so much? She is powerful and her magics are greater than Raven's."

Raven doesn't have any magics so this kinda just shows you don't know what you're talking about. "

LOL, yes she does as well as other abilities. Remember to Think before you speak.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom
@EpitomeofCool said:
" @Zoom said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:

Raven doesn't have any magics so this kinda just shows you don't know what you're talking about. "

LOL, yes she does as well as other abilities. Remember to Think before you speak. "

I challenge you to provide a single scan of Raven using magic.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zoom

Challenge fail?  Try knowing how to use the internet fail since you're incapable of doing something 90% of the people on this site can do. 

Raven doesn't use magic in New Titans 65.  In fact, normal Raven doesn't even appear in that comic.  She's possessed by Trigon. 

Most of the Sentinels of Magic (like Green Lantern and Deadman) don't use magic.  Raven is not an exception.

Raven never says "Azarath Metrion Zinthos" except in the TV show and perhaps Titans Go, neither of which are cannon.  Azarath is the dimension her mother is from iirc and Metrion and Zinthos are just gibberish some writer for the show thought up.  

You lose.  You don't know what Raven's powers are so you aren't capable of judging which character is more powerful.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom: Doesn't matter since I proved you wrong anyway.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zoom
@EpitomeofCool said:
" @Zoom: Doesn't matter since I proved you wrong anyway. "

In what way did you prove me wrong?
Whitley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Whitley

It depends which Zatanna you use in the first one. Before her powers got reduced a bit, she used be able to conjure anything out of thin air. That might have been retconned away though. I remember her talking to Barry Allen about in an old JLA comic where Amazo comes back and takes away their powers. Zatanna had said she had been drawing on her capital to prove herself in the JLA and as a result of doing it for months it had reduced her powers. 

That being said Raven is empathic, telepathic anda few others things. She does probably does have some latent talent of magickal abilities considering her lineage but has not shown it. The one thing that Raven could do that might take Zatanna out of the game is use her soul self.  And attack Z's mind. 

most likely though, Raven would not use that unless it was a last resort. And an overwhelming amount of battles she would be knocked out long before then.
Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jetshade

For someone who is supposedly powerful, Raven always struck me as being curiously fragile. It seems she can't even hold herself together half the time. Zatanna is a master of magic and, as such, is being underestimated here. She's also had plenty of experience dealing with demonic beings, which is pretty much what Raven is. I think Zatanna can shield herself against Raven's psychic assaults and hit back with magical attacks that Raven can't defend against.  

The animated versions I won't comment on, since I haven't watched enough of them to form an opinion. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zoom

Shield herself?  Since when has Zatanna done anything but fold when she gets hit by anything? 

Raven's default attack is either her soul self or an empathetic backlash, both things that'd immediately KO Zatanna.
Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jetshade

Your question already assumes she is getting hit. Raven crumples when hit too.

Is it out of the question to think that Zatanna could put up magical shields, including psychic ones? Magic isn't an exact science, or even a science at all. The things a master of magic can do is practically limitless. I think she can defend herself against a demonic creature like Raven. If she couldn't, she never would have lasted this long. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zoom

Not really.  Raven usually lashes out or teleports away when she gets hit.  She doesn't have to speak to use her powers. 

Also, Raven's soul self can phase so even if Zatanna puts up a shield, it isn't gonna do anything.
Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jetshade

Magical shields don't just apply to the physical realm. I think Zatanna could conjure a shield that would stop Raven's soul-self. 

Really, because a magic-master's power is so arbitrary and can literally cover just about anything, I think it depends entirely on the writer whether Zatanna is a wimp, or the most powerful member of the Justice League (which she has been called before). Personally, I think writers would have Zatanna win this battle about 7 out of 10 times. Her powers are just so diverse.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom

Yeah, you got confused, you didn't know and you decided to be rude and tell people that did know what they were talking about that they fail and should think before they speak.  In fact, you're still sitting there saying that you're better than me even though I just proved you wrong in front of everybody.

So basically, you're not cool.  You're just a jerk and a moron.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Oh lawd 

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom: I never said you failed I said 'challenge fail' on my part dumb ass. I never thought I was better than you but now that you mention it lol! And so what? Congratulations! You only proved Raven has no magic in the comics, you haven't proved that she would win. You're taking this WAY to personally.  And way to go not replying to me thinking I wouldn't see this. Seriously, grow up. Saying think before you speak isn't an insult. I guess you're just very sensitive.  And Epitomeofcool is not saying I'm cool, because that would be uncool, it's a quote. You probably don't even know what it means, but nice try. Here's a tissue for your tears.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zoom

Epitome of cool means the very definition of cool, which you aren't because you can't even accept that you lose without cussing at people or calling them biased.

Why do you assume you're smarter than me?  Or that I'm crying for that matter when I won and you lost?
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom: 
Did you even read what I JUST said?! Like I said BEFORE "Epitomeofcool is not saying I'm cool, because that would be uncool, it's a quote. You probably don't even know what it means, but nice try"  - and You still don't.  It would be different if my username was "I am the epitome of cool". You do you think that people are they're username? Does that mean you're Zoom? Or perhaps a car commercial.

you can't even accept that you lose without cussing at people or calling them biased.  -  I said Congratulations! Do you want a trophy too? And yes your still bias on this account. 

Why do you assume you're smarter than me? -  I never thought I was better than you but now that you mention it lol!  I'm not the one bringing that up you are.  

You haven't 'won'.  Again, You only proved Raven has no magic in the comics, you haven't proved that she would win.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zoom

No, it means I like Zoom.  If my sn was "better than you" I wouldn't tell people it was a quote, it'd just be an appropriate display of arrogance because I am better than you.

Care to explain my bias?  Raven is more powerful than Zatana, plain and simple.

More importantly, she doesn't have to say anything to use her powers.  He soul self just leaps out and restrains Zatanna or she just makes her feel extreme pain, too much pain to speak. 

What's Zatanna supposed to do against that?
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom: Yeah I know, I was giving you that as an example. Anyway! Your bias because you hate Zatanna and thinks she sucks. You only like Raven. 

Zatannna is said to be the most powerful member of the Justice league. Here's how she could beat Raven, "Ekohc".  Obvioulsy there are many other ways, but that's just one example.

A scan of Raven beating a few henchmen is unnecessary. That's not showing that she is more powerful.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

1. Raven is more powerful, but lacks the experience that I think Zatanna has. I say Zatanna, but it's close.
2. Raven, easily.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zoom
@EpitomeofCool said:

" @Zoom: Yeah I know, I was giving you that as an example. Anyway! Your bias because you hate Zatanna and thinks she sucks. You only like Raven.   Zatannna is said to be the most powerful member of the Justice league. Here's how she could beat Raven, "Ekohc".  Obvioulsy there are many other ways, but that's just one example.  A scan of Raven beating a few henchmen is unnecessary. That's not showing that she is more powerful. "

Zatanna is not the most powerful member of the Justice League.  Superman, Wonder Woman and the Martian Manhunter could all kill her in a second and have strength to move planets.  Green Lantern has created cities out of pure willpower.  The Flash can run through things at light speed and make them explode.  Firestorm can alter the very molecular structure of anything. 

I think Zatanna is at best in the top 50% of the total JLA membership when it comes to power, top 80% when it comes to actual combat effectiveness (because lets be honest, Green Arrow, Batman or Hawkman could beat her pretty easily). 

I don't hate Zatanna so much as I'm annoyed by people saying she's the most powerful when obviously she isn't.  Heck, Green Arrow's sidekick has beaten her up. 

The scan shows that Raven can incapacitate people with a thought.  Zatanna doesn't have an empathetic shield and even if she thought to make one, Raven'd beat her to the draw.  Do you want me to provide scans of Raven knocking around Wonder Girl or soloing the Brotherhood of Evil?  And then scans of Speedy and the Top curbstomping Zatanna? 

Or do you just wanna admit that you're wrong?
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By EpitomeofCool
@Zoom: I didn't say she was, she was said to be the most powerful by Green Arrow.  Those scans aren' t needed, this is between Zatanna and Raven.  Excuse me? Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them wrong. I think Jetshade has already said it best.
Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jetshade

Thanks, EpitomeofCool. :)  Peace, Zoom. We'll agree to disagree. :)

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SilverGalford

raven wins the 2 rounds
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By velle37
@OmegaDynasty said:
"@velle37 said:
"Raven for both. She has a lot of power being the daughter of an omnipotent demon. "
That is true, although on the DC heiarchy he isn't truely Omnipotent. "

Where do they have him at? Last i heard he was omnipotent..... but only in his realm, so he tried to use Raven as a conduit to enter our world from where he was, but they stopped him......
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom
@EpitomeofCool said:

" @Zoom: I didn't say she was, she was said to be the most powerful by Green Arrow."

Which is great but totally irrelevant because you and I and everyone else here knows it isn't true. 

@EpitomeofCool said:

"Excuse me? Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't make them wrong."

This isn't the "everyone has a right to their opinion" forum.  Its the battles forum.  The purpose of it is to debate who would win in a battle.  If you're gonna get your panties in a wad when somebody debates you and fall back on the ultraweak defense of being entitled to an opinion, go somewhere else.      
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zoom

I don't understand why unintelligent people feel the need to "educate" me on things that are common knowledge. 

Of course you have a right to your opinion.  That doesn't mean your opinion isn't stupid and it doesn't mean I can't rip it apart.
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Zoom said:
" I don't understand why unintelligent people feel the need to "educate" me on things that are common knowledge.  Of course you have a right to your opinion.  That doesn't mean your opinion isn't stupid and it doesn't mean I can't rip it apart. "
OR you could try rephrasing that so as not to sound like a complete....... :)  

well i am sure you meant no harm and in future will remember to play nice!
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By velle37

By the way Raven does have magical powers. In the teen titans cartoon incarnation she learned high level sorcery, and in the Teen Titans comic Life and Death on page 73, Raven tries to use her healing powers on someone and says her powers aren't working right. Dr. Midnight says she can thank the Spectre for that (at the time Spectre was destroying all magic in the universe). He then said that according to Zatanna, magic is being broken down for a new age. Later in the comic as well she references her loss of part of her powers due to Spectre, when she was speaking to Superboy. 

But Raven's powers as mentioned in the comics are usually her telportation, empathy, soul-self projection, and telepathy. She does have magic powers as well though.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Roddy010
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven wins both rounds

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zoom
@.Mistress Redhead. said:

"OR you could try rephrasing that so as not to sound like a complete......."

Thanks for "helping." 

Keep up the "good work."

@Velle 

Raven's powers are magic in origin but she doesn't use magic.  She's like Alan Scott or Blue Devil.
Nepth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By Nepth

Zatanna is cool, and all, but Raven wins. Hands down.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By velle37
@Zoom said:
"@.Mistress Redhead. said:

"OR you could try rephrasing that so as not to sound like a complete......."

Thanks for "helping."  Keep up the "good work."   @Velle  Raven's powers are magic in origin but she doesn't use magic.  She's like Alan Scott or Blue Devil. "

Alan scott is magic...... how does he not use magic, he's made of it? Blue Devil's trident of Lucifer allows him to banish demons to hell.......... that sounds like demonic magic............ 

Raven was raised in Azarath..... and in other instances she has shown magical abilities..... Raven gets her powers from being the daughter of Trigon, allowing her psychic and empathetic powers...... If her powers weren't related to magic and only empathy, why would Spectre's destruction of magic affect her? He wasn't destroying the universe's empathy...................