- Morals on

- Azula isn't insane

- Zaheer has his staff

- Combatants start 10 metres apart

- Win via KO, Kill, Incap or BFR

- Zaheer has his staff

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more time with Zaheer, he hasn't really FOUGH anyone that powerful alone. Azula has beaten aang, Zuko, and etc.

Plus she's a lot more Ruthless.

Basically this.

#5 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more time with Zaheer, he hasn't really FOUGH anyone that powerful alone. Azula has beaten aang, Zuko, and etc.

He beat Kya. That was kinda impressive. That and when he broke out his old buddies, he showed some good feats.

#7 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@theacidskull said:

He beat Kya. That was kinda impressive. That and when he broke out his old buddies, he showed some good feats.

Zaheer has good feats, Azula has great ones, like holding her own against Airo.

You mean Iroh?

To my knowledge, she never held her own. She sucker-blasted him once and all other encounters ended with her getting stomped.

#9 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP.

Zaheer probably wins now.

#10 Edited by Scandy (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaheer asphyxiates her low diff......

#11 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS:

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
#12 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: Holy sh!t...

So I guess Zaheer just took Airbending to the darkest level none of the Nomads were willing to take it to...

#13 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

So I guess Zaheer just took Airbending to the darkest level none of the Nomads were willing to take it to...

Yep. Being peace loving monks and all, none of them really explored that area.

Zaheer certainly isn't peace loving.

#14 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested to see what hax moves Firebending has.

Boiling a person's body from the inside? Microwaving their brain?

Earthbending? Hmmm.

#15 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS:

You didn't even put a spoiler block around this man!!!!

WTF :(((

#16 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@comicstooge said:

SPOILERS:

You didn't even put a spoiler block around this man!!!!

WTF :(((

CRAP, SORRY MAN. WHEN I TRIED TO UNSPOILER THE TEXT, I THINK I ACCIDENTALLY UNSPOILERED THE WHOLE VIDEO.

#17 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: Eh its fine

I hated the Earth Queen anyways :P

Zaheer's an absolute boss, though.

#19 Edited by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

Yep. Being peace loving monks and all, none of them really explored that area.

Zaheer certainly isn't peace loving.

We've seen Aang slice a buzzard wasp in half when Appa was captured, and When the Air Nomads where destroyed by the Fire Nations, Aang's teacher, Monk Gyasto corpse was surrounded by dozens of Fire Nation Helmets and skeletons (remember these were Sozin's comet amped too). So I guess Airbenders can be lethal during times of duress, but not as casually as Zaheer :P

#20 Posted by laflux (24735 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: Eh its fine

I hated the Earth Queen anyways :P

Zaheer's an absolute boss, though.

He's my favourite villain in the Avatar Universe so far (I don't count Zuko as one).

#21 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Still azula. I don't recall zaheer doing his freedom air thing on the fly.

#22 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: There were only a few encounters between Azula and Iroh, none if them involved Azula holding her own unless you count a cheap shot

We still don't know if Zaheer can do that to someone while they're fighting back, but even if he couldn't for some reason he probably still wins

#23 Posted by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: He's my favourite villain in the Avatar Universe so far (I don't count Zuko as one).

He's got nothing on Sparky Sparky Boom Man.

#24 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: He's my favourite villain in the Avatar Universe so far (I don't count Zuko as one).

He's got nothing on Sparky Sparky Boom Man.

the new sparky sparky bewbs tho?

zaheer already got her ;)

should I spoiler it? not? child friendly website? was aired in a children's tv show? *confused*

#25 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula

#26 Posted by XLR87T3 (10229 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by primebonnick (4291 posts) - - Show Bio

hard to tell now since zaheer can suck the oxygen outta people, but i will never count out azula since even when mad she is a force to be reckoned with.

#28 Posted by Jbourne_32 (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

The Agni Kai at the end with Zuko doesn't count. To my knowledge she cheated on her battle with Aang too. For now Zaheer has taken out 3 metalbenders, kya,and tonraq rather easily. Azula's ruthlessness is what can be exploited by Zaheer who is a brilliant tactician.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
#29 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6868 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaheer

#30 Edited by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

@jbourne_32:

Even if you don't count Sozin's Comet Azula has faced Zuko numerous times and proved superior every time. She easily blocked every attack he threw at her when she came to bring Zuko and Iroh back to her father, she bested him in that abandoned ghost town where she cheap shotted Iroh, she took on him and Sokka at the boiling rock, and she terrorized the whole Gaang when she showed up at the Western Air Temple on airships (though as time progressed he became more and more even of a match). It is also stated by himself and others that Azula was always the superior fighter before she lost her marbles, he even said he would need Katara's help to beat her before he sensed she was slipping. Using the feats from Sozin's Comet where she is going crazy isn't really fair, but she was still capable of fighting nearly evenly with Zuko despite being severely mentally debilitated.

She was beating Aang 1v.1 in the Crystal Catacombs, and in that Ghost town, and was holding her own on the drill, and all three times outside factors played in to interrupt the fights.

But I'm still backing Zaheer after recent events.

#31 Posted by SpartanKobe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: That seems like it needs some concentration, which he might not have when Azula is shooting lightning at him. Also, you said that Zaheer has his staff twice.

I don't think we've seen enough of him to compare to Azula so maybe at the end of the season we will have an easier time seeing just how powerful he is.

#32 Posted by Watertaco (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Azula has never "beaten" Aang. The only time they had a one-on-one fight is when they fought on the drill. And Aang won that fight. Hell, Katara beat Azula twice while she was alone. At the beginning of the series Azula was definitely a more impressive bender than Zuko, but she never really "beat" Zuko either. Would she had beaten him never Iron intervened? Probably. But we can't be certain. Later in the series, Zuko was clearly the better bender after he unlocked the true meaning of firebending.

As for Zaheer, ummm....he hasn't done anything too impressive. Based on feats, Azula should win this. But despite his lack of feats, Zaheer is clearly a talented bender. He'll give her the fight of her lifetime.

#34 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@watertaco: Azula humiliated Zuko when they fought on her ship and had him pretty much ko'ed when she was fighting him and Aang in the abandoned city. Iroh had to come wake him up. Zuko later got good enough to hold his own, but he was never really better than her until she went insane

#35 Edited by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula. Zaheer has no way around the lightning.

#36 Edited by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Aang could dodge Ozai's lightning during Sozin's comet, I don't see why Zaheer couldn't too

#37 Posted by Vitalius (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaheer but now i am Zagone out f Zaheer.

#38 Posted by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus said:

@patrat18: Aang could dodge Ozai's lightning during Sozin's comet, I don't see why Zaheer couldn't too

This was after Aang had years of training from multiple masters and friends. Zaheer just got his powers, true he does know how to use them, but i think that Ang has more skills back then, then Zaheer does now.

#39 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Maybe, Zaheer certainly seems to know what he's doing though (personally I think he was an air acolyte and learned air bending moves that way). But even if Zaheer's not as fast as Aang (and he probably isn't) Zuko was able to react to lightning twice, when it was against Azula he was even able to intercept it. If Zuko, who doesn't have enhanced speed and agility, can do that, Zaheer, who is enhanced via airbending, should be able to too

#40 Posted by Watertaco (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Really? :/ No way around the lightning? Almost every character in Avatar can dodge lightning. And a hit isn't a guaranteed KO anyway; Amon survived a direct hit from Mako's lightning.

@arcus: Humiliate is a strong word. More like "dodge his ineffective fire knives." And Aang and Katara have both beaten her solo. Katara beat her twice. The second time Katara beat Azula, Azula was enhanced by Sozin's comet. Sure, Azula was already unhinged. But she still had enough skills to take on Zuko.

#41 Posted by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio

@watertaco: Why are you overreacting? It's not that serious. It depends on the user.

#43 Edited by Watertaco (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: I don't really see how I'm overreacting... these are fictional characters. I don't feel anything for them. This is a debate forum, I was just explaining how characters react to lightning. No overreaction at all.

#44 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@watertaco: Maybe not humiliate, but something like that, she was beating him without even trying. Granted this was early Zuko, so beating him like that isn't a great feat

#45 Posted by Watertaco (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: Zuko was a pretty talented bender by this time. He took on a group of soldeires by himself. Granted, they all attacked him one at a time. But still, it was impressive how easily he took them out.

#46 Posted by tupadre97 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Azula wins based on the fact that the benders of the Korra timeline are absolute trash compared to the last airbender. I could make a super long post on why they can't fight but I really don't have the time. Also his little asphyxiation thing won't do anything but give her a little shock. She'll just hit him once with some lightning and it'll be over. And remember this is the same lighting that killed an avatar in the avatar state their won't be any surviving that.

#47 Posted by Hovant1 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Going off the latest episode of Korra I probably have to give the win to Zaheer, but only by the slightest margins.

#48 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupadre97: Sounds like you just don't like Legend of Korra. Have you even seen anything of Season 3? Also, what makes you think Azula can survive without air?

@watertaco: True, he was a very good firebender, he just wasn't in Azula's league

#49 Edited by Watertaco (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 3 of Korra is bad. Because the ratings have taken a severe dip, all new episodes are now going digital.

#50 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@watertaco: Is it really getting bad ratings? I think people we're just disappointed by season 2, because season 3 is amazing