Yukari Yakumo vs Thanos w/ infinity gauntlet

Night_F4ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yukari from Touhou Project fight against the Mad Titan Thanos. Who would triumph?

Yukari Yakumo: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Yukari_Yakumo

Night_F4ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone? I really need help to prove to my classmate that yukari is beatable since he always claims that yukari is unbeatable and that no one can defeat yukari, please I really want to prove to his face that his wrong. Yukari has boundary manipulation

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yukari can just delete thanos

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_f4ng: Just tell that touhoutard, umm sorry i mean your friend that Ajimu Najimi can shitstomp Yukari with ease

Sorry for saying touhoutard but it's just that people wank yukari a lot and it's annoying

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tabbender

@jesusecajas: @night_f4ng:

Uh... Yukari DOES curbstomp Thanos (all his forms) and Ajimu Najimi. She's not unbeatable or omnipotent by any means, but she's beyond the concept of dimension, none of those you listed can say the same.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: I know she is not omnipotent ( a lot of people debunked that) but she can beat Yukari due to the exaggerated amount of hax she has

as an example she is able of fully control infinite, death, life, probability, face. She governs over direction, speed, distance, force also she is capable of canceling every kind of damage(without restrictions) and can also kill concepts

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: I was refering to Yukari not being omnipotent or unbeatable. Ajimu is even less so.

Literally none of what you listed would be relevant against a character like Yukari that transcends all concepts we can analyze, and the very idea of conventional (dimensioned) existence. Assuming Ajimu can affect Yukari is massive NLF. Heck, Yukari's speed is irrelevant because she's beyond the concepts of speed, physicality, velocity, and dimensions of any number, so there's absolutely NO WAY she wouldn't blitz. Yukari is literally on par with True Oblivion.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JesusEcajas

@tabbender: Well if you keep saying Ajimu can't beat the Almighty Yukari *sighs*

These characters can defeat her: Demi-Fiend(Shin Megami Tensei), Nyarlathotep(Lovecraftian Literature), Yog-Sothoth(Lovecraftian Literature), The Nameless Mist(Lovecraftian Literature), Vortex(Time Traveler), Mandrakk(DC), Reinhard Heydrich(Dies Irae), Bernkastel(Umineko)

Saying Yukari transcends all concepts and dimensions is also massive NLF; Touhou power levels are vague and unreliable

StephenGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wot? How is she erasing Thanos while he has the Infinity Gauntlet? It makes the user neigh omnipotent in the verse they are in.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JesusEcajas

@stephengreen: Yukari can manipulate boundaries( people wank this ability a lot, some even say she can beat TOAA, The Presence, Vortex; people say she can beat omnipotents , I don't know which one is worse "Undertale wank or Touhou Wank"), this ability allows her to manipulate any kind of border doesn't matter if it is real or not

Well but anyone with omnilock can say fuck off to Yukari and beat her

and if you wonder Thanos w/Infinity Gauntlet is High Complex Multiversal/Hierversal + of course this is downplay; something that the Touhou fandom is accustomed to do to other characters (only when you someone against any of their characters; another thing they do is wank their characters a lot, exaggerate their powers 'till the outversal level (something that its true but not level they say; another thing this fandom do is complaining and say Touhou is downplayed

StephenGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: the TOAA who is truly omnipotent? that must be a helluva strong drug they are taking.

easterlin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea some Lovecraft gods could atleast stalemate her.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@easterlin74: @stephengreen:They say the same with Vortex(who is truly omnipotent) and the Presence(He is truly omnipotent)

You are wrong easterlin74, there are various Lovecraft gods that solo the Touhou verse; also The Great Old Ones and Outer Gods beat Yukari with ease

These Character solo the Touhouverse with ease TOAA(Marvel), The Presence(DC), Featherine Augustus Aurora(Umineko), The Creator(Umineko), Eldergod Demonbane(Demonbane), The Writer(DC), Kami Tenchi(Tenchi Muyo), Lucifer Morninstar and Michael Demiurgos(DC), HE(I/O), Yog-Sothoth(Lovecraftian Literature), Ren Fujii(Dies Irae), the entire Masadaverse cast, Divine Presence(I/O), Azathoth(Lovecraftian Literature), Undoubtedly First, The law of Identity(Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao), Vortex(Time Traveler), Mandrakk(DC), Reinhard Heydrich(Dies Irae), The Nameless Mist(Lovecraftian Literature), God Emperor of Mankind(Warhammer), Over void/Primal Monitor(DC)

StephenGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StephenGreen

@jesusecajas: I agree with all of that, those are some very broken characters.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JesusEcajas

@stephengreen: fell free to use this list against Touhou wankers, Undertale wankers and Homestuck wankers

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: Well if you keep saying Ajimu can't beat the Almighty Yukari *sighs*

These characters can defeat her: Demi-Fiend(Shin Megami Tensei), Nyarlathotep(Lovecraftian Literature), Yog-Sothoth(Lovecraftian Literature), The Nameless Mist(Lovecraftian Literature), Vortex(Time Traveler), Mandrakk(DC), Reinhard Heydrich(Dies Irae), Bernkastel(Umineko)

Saying Yukari transcends all concepts and dimensions is also massive NLF; Touhou power levels are vague and unreliable

I agree with some of these, disagree with some other. Mandrakk is BS as the guy is "only" infinite-dimensional. Demi-Fiend... not sure. I dunno who Vortex is. The others either are debatable or beat her.

Yukari have feats of creating realms that contain their own concept of dimension such as Gensokyo. It's in no way a NLF to claim she's at a level her feats put her at. Touhou power levels aren't "vague and unreliable" either, it's a dead meme.

Wot? How is she erasing Thanos while he has the Infinity Gauntlet? It makes the user neigh omnipotent in the verse they are in.

There's no such thing as nigh omnipotence, heck even full omnipotence is kind of a NLF.

@easterlin74: @stephengreen:They say the same with Vortex(who is truly omnipotent) and the Presence(He is truly omnipotent)

You are wrong easterlin74, there are various Lovecraft gods that solo the Touhou verse; also The Great Old Ones and Outer Gods beat Yukari with ease

These Character solo the Touhouverse with ease TOAA(Marvel), The Presence(DC), Featherine Augustus Aurora(Umineko), The Creator(Umineko), Eldergod Demonbane(Demonbane), The Writer(DC), Kami Tenchi(Tenchi Muyo), Lucifer Morninstar and Michael Demiurgos(DC), HE(I/O), Yog-Sothoth(Lovecraftian Literature), Ren Fujii(Dies Irae), the entire Masadaverse cast, Divine Presence(I/O), Azathoth(Lovecraftian Literature), Undoubtedly First, The law of Identity(Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao), Vortex(Time Traveler), Mandrakk(DC), Reinhard Heydrich(Dies Irae), The Nameless Mist(Lovecraftian Literature), God Emperor of Mankind(Warhammer), Over void/Primal Monitor(DC)

In a general manner any character that is infinitely above baseline Outerverse level can solo current Touhou. GEoM and Mandrakk are bullshit though, as they're only infinite-D. I also heavily doubt it for some of those you listed such as Lucifer, Michael and the Presence, since Touhou have like a dozen outerversals + an entire species, and they have hax that works on this scale, so characters that aren't infinitely above baseline Outerversal would have a hard time against the top tier. "The entire Masadaverse cast" is bullshit too, i take it you don't actually know shit about this verse and only look at the top tier.

@stephengreen: fell free to use this list against Touhou wankers, Undertale wankers and Homestuck wankers

Since i happen to be knowledgeable on these 3 verses i would love to hear what you consider as wank. Undertale is universal+. Homestuck is hyperversal. Touhou is outerversal. Anything higher or lower that that is wank or downplay.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JesusEcajas

@tabbender: Lucifer, Michael and the Presence having a hard time in TOUHOU? so what is next? Hecatia being omniversal? Yukari defeating omnipotents? hecatia defeating the presence who is infinite degrees of infinity above outversal? the presence who is insanely above Michael and Lucifer being defeated by someone like Hecatia or the watatsuki sisters? Michael and Lucifer getting rekt by Yukari? *sighs*

and they say undertale is wanked *sighs*

When I say wank I mean that people say Touhou solos verses like Marvel, Umineko, DC or Time Traveler, they say Yukari beats everyone because boundaries

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: Lucifer, Michael and the Presence having a hard time in TOUHOU? so what is next? Hecatia being omniversal? Yukari defeating omnipotents? hecatia defeating the presence who is infinite degrees of infinity above outversal? the presence who is insanely above Michael and Lucifer being defeated by someone like Hecatia or the watatsuki sisters? Michael and Lucifer getting rekt by Yukari? *sighs*

and they say undertale is wanked *sighs*

When I say wank I mean that people say Touhou solos verses like Marvel, Umineko, DC or Time Traveler, they say Yukari beats everyone because boundaries

The Presence isn't infinite degrees of infinity above baseline outerversal. That's blatant headcanon. As i said omnipotence is a NLF and even then the supreme being of DC is The Writer, not the Presence. Yes the Presence is far beyond baseline outerversal. So are the Watatsuki sisters, Eirin, Junko, Sagume, Hecatia etc. That's why i'm saying they're gonna have a hard time, it's not a given AT ALL that they solo.

Undertale is indeed wanked. Multiversal Undertale is hilarious BS.

Touhou definitely doesn't beat Marvel, Umineko or DC as these verses have characters infinitely above baseline outerversal (except maybe Marvel, idk how strong TOAA is compared to True Oblivion if you put "hurr durr omnipotence" asides but whatever), but can you tell me more about this "Time Traveler" verse you're always talking about ? I can't find anything about it.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: Well i'm french but i don't speak spanish so i won't play the game but some of what you linked seems like some edgy creepypasta fanart or something (no offence but that's what it comes out as). Not saying it's bad tho, since i've never tried it.

What outerversal feats does it have ?

Also what i'm questioning isn't TOAA's supposed omnipotence, it's the concept of omnipotence itself

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: Okay but what exactly are their outerversal feats ? What proves this verse is outerversal ?

Also being stated omnipotent means nothing, again, it's a NLF, even the Homestuck high tier is constantly stated omnipotent, doesn't mean they are.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: Well... i don't wanna downplay or anything but i don't see what's outerversal here, being "beyond all level of existence and non-existence" would only make it beyond the highest dimensional plane in the verse (from your sayings it looks like it would be 5D or 6D), so unless the verse is confirmed to have infinite dimensional planes i don't think that qualifies as an outerversal feat. Actually, even then it would be most likely infinite-D. Outerversal feat are pretty rare and specific, it's not something many verses can get. I don't think there's even 15 verses in relevant fiction that have that.

I'd say affecting the flow of an infinity of timelines is hax, not AP. Like how Heaven Dio is able to erase every iteration of an object across infinite timelines, but is clearly not a universe or multiverse buster.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: so in waht category would you place this verse? Multiversal? Hiperversal? Universal?

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: Depends on how many dimensions it have, since some characters / realms transcend all dimensions according to you.

If it have parallel universes then it have at least 5 dimensional axises. So transcending them all would be 6D / Low Complex Multiverse level. If it have extradimensional structures it could possibly be higher, for example if the verse was stated to run on String Theory, that would likely be Low Hyperverse level (12D).

HiStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HiStranger

I am going to say that yukari wins, but she can be defeated.

Here is a list of characters that have a may/high chance/most definitely beat her:

Beyonder(pre-retcon),Outer gods,,Truth(FMA),Living Tribunal,Anti-Monitor,Endless Mist,Kami Tenchi, Michael Demiurgos, Lucifer Morningstar and Ellaine Belloc.

Characters that are not quite there:

GER (i dont know how yukari would hurt Giorno, and neither do i know how Giorno would hurt Yukari)

Maturin: (cant tell if he high-universal or mid-multiversal)

Superman Prime: ( i don't know much about him, but if i follow what the Imaginary Axis said, that exery 15 mins he gets 3x more powerful then he would be x1555200000 more powerful than normal superman, that's if my calculator did right)

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God I hate what vs battle wiki has done to the battle boards online. Using Hilbert spaces for power scaling is the dumbest thing. I also don't like how tiers instantly decide who wins in a match. If 1 opponent is in a higher tier they stomp w/ probability = 1. Makes debating uninteresting. Also if a character doesn't exist in any hilbert spaces (I don't even know how that can be proven) what about banach spaces? There exist banach spaces that aren't hilbert spaces.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am goin to say that yukari wins, but she can be defeated.

Here is a list of characters that have a may/high chance/most definitely beat her:

Beyonder,Outer gods,CA Superman,Spectre,Truth(FMA),Living Tribunal,Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan and the Anti-Monitor.

Honorable mentions kind of:

GER (i dont know how yukari would hurt Giorno, and neither do i know how Giorno would hurt Yukari)

Ajimu Najimi: ( i still haven't figured if she's universal, high multi-universal,low multiversal or mid-high multiversal)

Maturin: (just like Ajimu, cant tell if he high-universal or mid-multiversal)

Superman Prime: ( i don't know much about him, but if i follow what the Imaginary Axis said, that exery 15 mins he gets 3x more powerful then he would be x103680000000 more powerful than normal superman, that's if my calculator did right)

Literally all of these are wrong except for Outer Gods, sorry. Yukari is Outerverse level (beyond the concept of dimension), the characters you listed are at best infinite-D or multiversal (11D for STTGL). Also if you aknowledge Ajimu and Maturin as not being above multiversal, why are you saying they beat Yukari ? Also (again), stop with GER. The Jojo wank is dead.

God I hate what vs battle wiki has done to the battle boards online. Using Hilbert spaces for power scaling is the dumbest thing. I also don't like how tiers instantly decide who wins in a match. If 1 opponent is in a higher tier they stomp w/ probability = 1. Makes debating uninteresting. Also if a character doesn't exist in any hilbert spaces (I don't even know how that can be proven) what about banach spaces? There exist banach spaces that aren't hilbert spaces.

I don't think anyone mentioned Hilbert Space here, and sorry but dimensional tiering makes sense. It's pretty much the only way you can have a proper tiering system. The old system (multiverse / megaverse / omniverse) simply doesn't work. At least with dimensional tiering you have the idea of degrees of infinity. Characters like Yukari transcend an infinite hierarchy of infinities, that's why characters that are bound by conventional concepts such as dimensions, infinity etc obviously can't beat them.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@histranger: none of the characters you mentioned can beat her except the outer gods

This is real list of characters that can beat her: Great Old Ones, Nyarlathotep, HE(I/O), Yog-Sothoth, Nameless Mist, Outer Gods, Berkastel, Lambdadelta, Reinhard Heydrich, Ren Fujii

HiStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

savythegawd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@histranger:I just did a research and CAS solos Touhou because he is above the normal monitor(every monitor are editor and author level, no one in Touhou is editor neither author level), The Beyonder and Ajimu can beat Yukari. Don't trust what Tabbender says, he is well-known as a Touhou wanker all around G+ and many other vs communities. Do your research and you will see that what I am saying its true.

Under any other scientific theory, tiering system, etc; Touhou would be nowhere near outversal. It's only when you take one of the unreliable scientific theories, extrapolate it to all other series, and assume it's place when there's no other one specifically stated (aka the current tiering system) would Touhou be outversal. And I just realized that Tabbender's Touhou wank isn't just wank, but a clever exploitation of our current hole-riddled tiering system that is dimensional scaling, and it brings to life how truly erred the logic of the system itself really is; the alteration of a single idea can make you nigh-omnipotent. This, among other things, is one of the reasons why we have to break away from it.

Also, Yukari isn't outversal and if I remember correctly Yukari created everything (concept of dimensions etc) in an area the size of Japan. Mandrakk has been above that but on a multi megaversal scale (lowballing). Mandrakk or CAS>The Presence>Michael Demiurgos and Lucifer Morningstar>>>>>>>>>>Touhou cast.

And finally, Have the Touhou characters ever resisted editors and writers trying to kill them? Have they ever killed beings that Superscede concepts and everything in one shot? No, they haven't done that, or anything on a similar level. In resume, they get solod by CAS or Mandrakk.

HiStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas:Thanks, i really have been starting to realize all the wanks Tabbender makes.

Altough, i must admit, in 1 thing he was right, the GER thing.

But then again, I put it in a way that makes it look like Giorno beats Yukari, the "Honorable mentions" were supposed to mean characters that could put up a battle but not actually win, but I didn't realize at the moment :/

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JesusEcajas

@histranger: He downplays DC, DBS(well, dragon ball in general), Pokemon, Digimon, Jojo(he doesn't believe in jojo's ftl+ feats, many people has proven this but still he negs it with bad arguments), Shin Megami Tensei and many other franchises. And wank Touhou and Gravity Falls.

Well, I admit it too, he was correct about GER.

Also, Ajimu is outversal.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: You're funny spreading shit about people without tagging them

Go back to G+ pls

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer the "points" given:

There's no such thing as "author level", "editor level" or garbage along those lines

Touhou is outerversal no matter how you look at it, it have feats and statements proving it's at this level

There's no such thing as nigh omnipotence

"Creating the concept of dimension in the scale of a country" is complete nonsense, it isn't even proper english

Mandrakk and CAS are infinite-D at best

Ajimu is nowhere even remotely close to outerversal

I don't wank or downplay anything, my purpose in debating is to spread information, not to make a character i like win, that would be stupid to act this way.

In short please don't bring G+ level debating here

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JesusEcajas
No Caption Provided

There's no such thing as "author level", "editor level" or garbage along those lines" In your head canon doesn't exist but many people agree on this.

Nigh-Omnipotence: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nigh_Omnipotence

Ajimu Najimi is outversal, she surpases dimensions

Mandrakk 1-A: http://characterrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mandrakk_the_Dark_Monitor

CAS 1-A: http://characterrealms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Thought_Robot

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: Many people agree on Zeno beating STTGL doesn't means he does. These "tiers" are wanky as fuck and a way fanboys use to wank metafictional characters.

The power listing wiki is bad. You can't be "close to infinite power". You can't be "close" to infinity. That makes no sense.

Of which there is only 4 or 5 in the verse. That's 5D to 6D. It would be different if it was the concept of dimension, but here it's only all planes in the verse. Also, it's only via hax, not physically.

No they're not. Stop linking wiki pages that were created by G+ debaters.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JesusEcajas

@tabbender: But actually is true, you can't be near infinite .... or you are infinite or you simply aren't.

Once again with the Medaka Box Downplay. It doesn't matter if there are only 5D or 10D or even InfiniteD, if you surpass them, then you are above dimensions.

Yes, they are. That page was created by good debaters. And most of the profiles are accurate.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: So no such thing as nigh omnipotence.

No. That's if you surpass the CONCEPT of dimension, that's completely different. The 6th dimension is above 5 dimensions by definition.

No, i know them personally, they're bad. Prove these characters are outerversal. Prove it, and don't say the wiki link did because it didn't, it only provided proof that they're a high degree of infinite-D. Heck, they could be a degree of infinity above baseline infinite-D, they'd still not be outerversal. The difference between infinite-D and outerversal is immeasurable.

JesusEcajas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: I already answered you in G+

And Nigh-omnipotence is thing

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Nigh_Omnipotence

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusecajas: No it's not a thing. Stop using the superpower wiki, it's bad.

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: Hey thanks for helping me out in understanding that when vs battle wiki refers to hilbert spaces they are really talking about extra geometric dimensions. I don't know why they conflate the two as the concepts are nothing alike. Still going off of geometric dimensions for scaling is silly to me as gurren lagan getting bigger w/ power levels.

And The only real problem w/ nigh omnipotence is that there is really no way to prove that a character is "close" to omnipotence its really only statements, and statements are inadmissible in the battle boards. It was said that lt was nigh omnipotent but he lost to the beyonders and then again to master order and chaos.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tabbender

@harrisonmesko: Hilbert Space is infinite dimensional space, so it only applies to High Hyperversal characters such as Mandrakk or the Living Tribunal. And using dimensions for scaling makes sense, that way you have the idea of "hierarchy of infinities" which is pretty much essential in vs debating. It just makes no sense to say that the Living Tribunal is finitely superior to Spider-Man.

Also, i consider omnipotence as a NLF in itself (even on a dimensionless scale, there's still degrees of infinity, so it's impossible to prove that a character is "truly infinite"), but "nigh omnipotence" doesn't even make sense. Either your power is infinite or it's finite.

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: umm no. Hilbert spaces are a type of normed vector spaces. They can be extended to infinity, but this doesn't matter. N dimensional spaces are equinumerous w/ the real # line. Yes there are different infinitys, in fact there are a whole proper class of them. But moving up in dimensions doesn't increase the cardinality of the set. Hilbert spaces never have cardinality greater than the continuum, There are some vector spaces that do have cardinality strictly greater than the continuum though.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrisonmesko: I'm pretty sure Hilbert Space in this context means infinite dimensional space.

Also, having one more dimension than an object makes you infinitely more massive than it, as you have one more axis, essentially the lower dimensional object have no existence from your perspective, and he can only percieve an infinitely small part of you.

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tabbender: Yes a finite cube is infinitely more massive than a square, but only countably so. In calculus we can find the area of a cube by summing a countably infinite number of squares as its cross section. That's how integration works.

Tabbender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Tabbender

@harrisonmesko: Technically even an infinity of squares wouldn't have any mass on a 3D scale. 0 * Infinity is still 0.

physicalculturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By physicalculturi
No Caption Provided

@tabbender: Not if it's the limit of a convergent sequence. I'm not at home so I can't access my books, I'm not finding good explanations of it online. We can approximate sa of a curve in 2 space w/ a finite # of rectangles, this is known as a reimann sum. The more rectangles we use the closer an approximation we get. as the distance from the start of the rectangles to the end of the rectangles along the x aproaches 0. we approach the exact area under our curve, and this limit is known as a reimann integral.