User Lists: 1

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Zetsu-San

@blackestnight93: I guess, it's more for fun than anything. If you use composite feats, then the gauntlet will have composite as well. (That means Oz with time stop. lol)

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vertigo-

@zetsumoto: Then I'd go with the Darkness & Angelous.

In terms of how far they get, they'd get pretty damn far considering that both are planetary level (Angelous on panel has destroyed earth after escaping from Jackie, who bound her and she couldn't escape under her own power)

Depending on how they play their cards, they could clear

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zetsumoto: I was worried it was like Jamie Braddock or something world ending powerful lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zetsumoto: I read in another thread that Pandora Hearts isn't a combat manga... so why are Oz and Cheshire here? Are they just all hax?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zetsu-San

@soa: Oz is world ending powerful, but he lacks quantifiable speed feats in his true form.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zetsu-San

@shiryu said:

@zetsumoto: I read in another thread that Pandora Hearts isn't a combat manga... so why are Oz and Cheshire here? Are they just all hax?

They are all hax, and they are mostly here because they are my favs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

They are all hax, and they are mostly here because they are my favs.

Ah. I figured.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Zetsu-San

@shiryu: The second half of the story went full on HP Lovecraft, abstracts/outer gods and everything. So yea, they are actually very very powerful, they just don't have too many shows to draw from.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zetsumoto: I've always thought Kratos was better than Dante... And please don't get triggered because I said that. It's just my belief

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Sounds cool.

I may have to check it out sometime. The whole Alice in Wonderland motif is cool and I really like the name Chain for a species.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Yea, it has a some very complex themes and character development. Using Oz in battle forums is kind of a major spoiler though, so sorry xD

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Takasugi Shinsuke, Sakata Gintoki
Takasugi Shinsuke, Sakata Gintoki

They probably stop at 2. As shown in flashbacks of the Joui War, they knew how to rig explosives and other traps, and their physicals aren't too shabby, so they might be able to edge out a win for 2 and lose the next round.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Molecule Man and beyond clear lol

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zetsu-San

@amendment50 said:

With a day of prep I say Supes and Lex could clear or stop at 11 or 12

I guess Lex makes sense, though I would have thought H'el would be more of an shadow/anti-superman. Considering they are generally weak to 'magic' type stuff, I am not sure if a Kryptonian would survive Cheshire's dimension; but maybe Lex can come up with some precautions.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Amendment50

@zetsumoto: H'el is a pretty esoteric villain imo; if we're just looking for "evil Superman" I'd say Bizarro. But Lex is the anti-Superman in my opinion. The whole dichotomy between them is about "who is the most powerful man", about having power but doing the right thing, since Lex is one of the most powerful men on Earth.

As for the gauntlet I've never even heard of #6. I just assumed they would clear it since you placed it below Dante and Virgil.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: Yea, I can see them being considered counterparts. Has Lex ever beaten Mirror Master?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zetsu-San

@amendment50: Yea, number 6 is a kind of a funky duo. I placed them based on how far I thought they would get in the gauntlet, but you can't really apply direct ABC logic to them because of the way their abilities work. Power-wise Oz is like a super-squishy Darkseid and Cheshire is like Krueger meets Mirror Master; but both are rather limited in showings due to being from more psychological horror based stories as opposed to action.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto said:

@amendment50: Yea, I can see them being considered counterparts. Has Lex ever beaten Mirror Master?

No idea, off the top of my head. I would definitely imagine he could given prep though.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Simon and the Anti Spiral clean house.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol yea... >_<

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I can't really state I have a favorite character as I follow many characters through all forms of media.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Well, pick some and run the gauntlet with them lmao

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin said:

lol yea... >_<

I also underestimated Oz and Cheshire as well. I'll be damned if a cat and rabbit are beating my favorite characters. lol

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: lol don't worry. I don't think either of them would even realize there was a fight before they got squished Loony Toons style.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zetsumoto:

Thasnos or warlock? Or freeza and goku?

I prefer comic vs comic, so they probably clear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have a favorite character atm, so I'll just pick two characters from Code: Breaker as I was reading that recently. Rei Ogami and his brother Code: Seeker.

I don't know the participants of round 3, but the duo can comfortably take up to 4 imo. If they're lucky, Seeker's hax can secure a win in round 5 depending on what Naruto or Gaara decide to do as a first move. I'm not all that familiar with Starfire either, but I think she has some high end feats. I think OZ and Cheshire are a little high on the list aren't they? Maybe Oz has a useful hax, but Cheshire didn't have an ability did he? As I recall, he was just fast, but unquantifiably so (probably less than sound speed even). And Oz himself would get blitzed by some of the people lower on the list.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zetsu-San

@vermillion0831: Cheshire's human form in the manga was causing shockwaves when he fought with Break (before Break started relying on MadHatter. It's also worth noting that despite colliding with enough force to cause shock-waves, the sword was incapable of cutting through Cheshire's partially transformed arms. It wasn't until Xerxes started using his powers that he was able to cut them off). He can teleport, turn into an intangible shadow, and he also has a 50 feet tall monster form in which he was able to cause the dimension to twist into a swirling vortex. You also have to remember that most characters outside of PH verse can't even handle being in the Abyss let alone Cheshire's dimension which is saturated with same energy and physically molds itself to make you lose your mind.

Cheshire was a complete blur to Gilbert and Gilbert himself is a bullet timer.

As for Oz's speed, he kept up with Glenn who was able to keep up with Cheshire (they were leaving afterimage clones as they fought); and in his true form he grabbed Glenn out of the air. His human form saw a bullet timing Chain (it snatched a bullet out of the air with it's tongue, and instantly decapitated people with said tongue) as being at standstill (the tongue was mid swing) and he also reacted to a laser-beam after the beam was fired. Oz has blitzed a room full of bullet timing monsters, moved fast enough to cause gusts of wind forcing people to cover their faces, and his true form was fast enough that the background blended together like he was in some kind of hyperspace. I mean he's by no means high-tier speed, but he's not slow either. Also, the "One Shot" version froze time, so... There's that...

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

Thasnos or warlock? Or freeza and goku?

I prefer comic vs comic, so they probably clear.

The nemesis is supposed to fit the "shadow-archetype". I linked a tv tropes page explaining it in the OP.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn and Miraak. Composite versions, of course.

They'll stop at 10 unless it's Archie Sonic, in which case they still have a chance if they outsmart him and lure the hedgehog into a Daedric Realm. Prep time allows them to win most of these battles.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are they getting past Loki?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@amendment50 said:

How aren't they?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Zetsu-San

@amendment50: Well... Loki is 'physically' immortal, can go intangible, turned a skyfather into snow (surprise attack), and Supes is vulnerable to magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zetsumoto Well favorite is hard... i will try to narrow it down'

cool thread btw.

Thanos would be my pick but that's too common

I guess, Dean or Sam Winchester. Who their main shadow figure would be is questionable.

Azazel? Satan himself? Each other at times...

depending on those; I can then choose a stoppage point

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Zetsu-San

@morleericks: I'd say Sam and Dean shadow each other. You may as well give them their composite abilities I guess, though they would still be extremely out of their depth in speed.

PS: I think Azazel is more their father's shadow/nemesis than theirs. Luci is Michael's shadow.

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green lantern and sinestro maybe stops at Thor/Loki.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manchine and Photon

Photon can alter himself to go light speed and take out Oz. I think he could beat Oz without that since he controls molecules, think Molecule Man. No matter what Manchines computer will be unaffected by Cheshire.

Manchine/Photon would stop at round 11. Sentry and Void combo would be to much to take on.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@amendment50 said:

How aren't they?

Extreme durability and healing factor, illusion, telepathy, intangiblity, other magic, etc. Too much hax for the team in one day of prep, even for Lex Luthor.

I know that you might be thinking "If Thor can do it, then Superman has a chance"! Thor only defeats Loki because he has over a millenia of experience living & dealing with his brother, has very high magic resistance, and carries a mystical plot device in his right hand. It has also been revealed that Loki subconsciously allows himself to be defeated by him. Superman isn't going to do any better just because he's fast and strong or whatever. Loki can easily one-shot him.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:
@amendment50 said:

@xlr87t3 said:

@amendment50 said:

How aren't they?

Extreme durability and healing factor, illusion, telepathy, intangiblity, other magic, etc. Too much hax for the team in one day of prep, even for Lex Luthor.

I know that you might be thinking "If Thor can do it, then Superman has a chance"! Thor only defeats Loki because he has over a millenia of experience living & dealing with his brother, has very high magic resistance, and carries a mystical plot device in his right hand. It has also been revealed that Loki subconsciously allows himself to be defeated by him. Superman isn't going to do any better just because he's fast and strong or whatever. Loki can easily one-shot him.

Can I see that scan? I use Loki in CaVs a lot so I am really interested.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

Manchine and Photon

Photon can alter himself to go light speed and take out Oz. I think he could beat Oz without that since he controls molecules, think Molecule Man. No matter what Manchines computer will be unaffected by Cheshire.

Manchine/Photon would stop at round 11. Sentry and Void combo would be to much to take on.

Fair enough, though considering chains have inorganically reformed parts of their bodies, I question if they really are made out of "molecules".

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Manchine

@zetsumoto said:
@Manchine said:

Manchine and Photon

Fair enough, though considering chains have inorganically reformed parts of their bodies, I question if they really are made out of "molecules".

If its torn apart constantly in area around him. He couldn't touch him. You can't say with certain it isn't.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Zetsu-San
@Manchine said:

If its torn apart constantly in area around him. He couldn't touch him. You can't say with certain it isn't.

You're right, I can't and I do think your characters would win. That said, what I can say for certain is that most chains start out as small toys but get turned into giant monsters by left over energy from souls, and that the abyss (giant sentient void that all universes and dimensions exist inside) is literally a place devoid of logic. A place where memories can be physically interacted with and everything is constantly changing.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

You're right, I can't and I do think your characters would win. That said, what I can say for certain is that most chains start out as small toys but get turned into giant monsters by left over energy from souls, and that the abyss (giant sentient void that all universes and dimensions exist inside) is literally a place devoid of logic. A place where memories can be physically interacted with and everything is constantly changing.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

The problem is they are Physical. The left over soul energy make them regenerate. Thats at least how I would interpret it. =) Of course I see things completely different then most people. =)