Your Ass R2: joewell911 vs darthsenju

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Welcome to the first ever, your ass in a tourney. The goal is to pick 6 points worth of street level bodyguards to defend you against the other team. Both of you are in the tourney with your teams. Hopefully they can protect you while taking out the other guy.

@joewell911:

• Kaneki Ken 3
  • Wesley Gibson 2
  • Sub-Zero

@darthsenju:

• Agent Six 2 points
  • Isaac Mcdougall 1 point
  • Embo 1 point
  • Deathstroke YJ 1 point
  • Sportsmaster YJ 1 point

Rules found here...

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/your-ass-is-in-a-tournament-sign-ups-full-1777350/#197

General Rules

• Energy and Projectile Attacks limited to Tank Busting, not Bunker Busting. This includes all forms of Energy, Magic, Psychics, ect attacks.
  • Gear must fit above. This includes Armor, Shields, Weapons, ect.
  • Telepathy like attacks are not allowed, but characters can have Mind Reading, and communication links with teams.
  • Molecule Manipulation limited to weapons or gear of reasonable level.
  • Time Manipulation, Reality Warping, Teleport Killing, Shrink Killing, Telekinesis Killing, and Intangibility Killing is not allowed, nor street level.
  • All characters are in character.

Match Rules

• All matches are Death or KO. Ending with the death or KO of the other player themselves, or yourself by them.
  • BFR is off.
  • Teamwork is a factor, your team will have 2 weeks to train together. Hopefully there personalities will mix.
  • Three weeks for every round. Then one week of voting. if no one votes, then I will pick a winner.
  • Be sure to vote on others matches to keep votes going, and matches flowing.

Battlefield

Top team red, bottom team blue.

No Caption Provided

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darthsenju: Leggo!

Introductions

Kaneki Ken

What's 1000 minus 7?
What's 1000 minus 7?

Kaneki Ken is the One Eyed Ghoul from Tokyo Ghoul. He's a physical powerhouse with four tentacles, called Kagune, sprouting out of his back he uses for hentai attacking opponents at a ranged. In this match he'll be playing my up close bodyguard who can tear up anyone who gets close.

To Get An Idea...

Loading Video...

This is Kaneki after first unlocking his badass mode. He's fighting Jason, a powerful ghoul who can toy with two peak humans at once. As you can see, Kaneki beats this guy without breaking a sweat. And that's just to start.

Stats and Abilities

Wesley Gibson

No Caption Provided

Wesley Gibson used to be just a normal guy. All that changed when the Fire Nation attacked when he joined the Fraternity, a clan of assassins that kill based on the Loom of Fate. His power is described as "The power to kill.", but all that means is that he has ridiculously good aim and the ability to curve bullets. Here he'll be the sniper/long range, and you'll see why below.

To Get An Idea...

Loading Video...

Hundreds of superhuman assassins, all here at once. He kills them all, not missing a single shot. Pretty cool, am I right?

Stats

Sub-Zero

No Caption Provided

Kuai Liang is the surviving member of the Lin Kuei and younger brother of the original Sub-Zero. After his brother was murdered, he took up the mantle of Sub-Zero. On the combat front he's a solidly skilled melee fighter, but where he really shines is with his powers. He has versatile ice manipulation that allows him to deal with a wide variety of threats. For me he'll be the mid-range and just general "powers" guy.

To Get An Idea...

Loading Video...

Here he was able to beat four very skilled opponents back to back while heavily holding back. Nothing too impressive, but a good place to start.

Stats and Abilities

Strategy

My strategy doesn't change much from last time, in all honesty. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say. In case you didn't read that, here it is.

Since I am in charge here, I'll be able to command my team however I like as long as it doesn't conflict with their morals. I have a game winning plan, but first we need to talk about teamwork and conflicting personalities.

On my team we have a nerd turned insane badass, another nerd turned insane badass, and a lawful assassin who will kill those who deserve it at a whim. They shouldn't conflict one bit. None tend to pick fights with those they don't have to, but all will kill if necessary. With a common goal and a strong leader (I once expertly led my untrained group of friends through a very difficult DnD dungeon, I'll have you know. :P) they should be no problem at all.

When the match starts, the team will instantly burst into action. It'll go something like this.

1. Kaneki will use his Kagune to toss both Sub-Zero and Wesley on top of the northwest building in my corner, then burst his way inside for himself and I.
  2. Wesley will pull out his sniper and take some shots at you. Locating them shouldn't be a problem due to your team being made of two bright blue people and a weird alien monster. Once they're located, you will be fired upon, then your team by the sniper until they get close. This would likely take out you, being a normal human, and your one pointer, since they aren't allowed to be sniper bullet timing speed, and at least damage your others, unless you have some prove of them being able to avoid a sniper as good as Wesley. If they decide to return fire, he'll avoid what he can with his fantastic reaction time or simply duck behind the cover on top the building if he can't individually dodge it all. If it gets too heavy for him, he'll just hop back inside with what Sub-Zero makes next.
  3. In the meantime, Kuai will freeze the roof and bust through, making a hole and an escape route for Wesley. Once in, he'll freeze shut any and all entrances or exits minus the one in the roof he just made. Then he, Kaneki, and I will all go into the back most room.
  4. Zero will make an ice barrier around me, giving me full protection from all sides from durable ice. Then he'll await the remainder of your team's arrival.
  5. Kaneki will watch out with his incredible hearing for any enemy not visible to Wesley above. The moment he locates anything, he'll spring into action to tear apart all that remain with what will hopefully be overwhelming physicals. Sub-Zero will back him up with his skill and ice manipulation and, if convenient, so will Gibson. While the teams duke it out, I'll be safe within my ice bubble, away from the dangers of the world.

Against your team of one pointers, this is even more effective. As per the rules, your maximum reaction speed is 600 FPS. The average sniper moves significantly above that at 2600-3400 FPS. So Wesley should be able to get everyone minus Agent Six out in the on first sight.

That leaves Six, who's severely outnumbered and outmatched. He'll quickly go down once engaged by my entire team at once.

Sorry for the mainly copy/pasted response, but I didn't really get to use it last round anyways.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

Wow. Kaneki Ken is a serious beast! Very hard...as in very hard to put down due to his speed and durability and healing combined. Wesley Gibson seems to be the anti-bullet timer person here (just hope he is shooting at people who has bullet-proof armor head to toe and sufficient dodging). Subzero...freezes things.

I still believe @darthsenju can think of something though...

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911:

Ill have my post up sometime this week, sorry for the late reply i must have missed the notification.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Sorry for the wait.

Opener:

Agent Six

No Caption Provided

Description:Agent Six, simply known as Six, is a Providence agent and Rex's handler. His name comes from the fact that he is the sixth most dangerous man on the planet.

Abilities:

• Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Durability
  • Peak human Reflexes
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Peak Human Agility
  • Peak Human Endurance
  • Expert Swordsmanship
  • Hand to hand combat skills

Gear:

• Magna Blades
  • Shuriken Blades
  • Cool Shades

Isaac McDougal(Freezing Alchemist)

No Caption Provided

Description: Isaac McDougal, also known as the Freezing Alchemist. Specializing in liquid-based alchemy, he appears in the first episode as a former State Alchemist in the military who is currently trying to destroy Central.

Abilities:

• Hand to hand combat skills
  • Agility
  • Endurance
  • Water Alchemy

Gear:

• Alchemy Gauntlets
  • Philosophers stone
  • Chalk

Embo:

No Caption Provided

Description: Embo was a male Kyuzobounty hunter during the Clone Wars. Equipped with a large-rimmed circular hat, which could be used as a weapon and as a shield, and a bowcaster. he was renowned as one of the most skilled bounty hunters of his time.

Abilities:

• Excellent Agility
  • Peak Human Speed
  • Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Endurance
  • Peak Human Durability
  • Excellent Hand to hand combat skills.
  • Marksmanship

Gear:

• Bowcaster

• Wide Rimmed Hat
  • Probe droids
  • Smoke grenades
  • Probe

Deathstroke(YJ):

No Caption Provided

Description: Deathstroke (real name Slade Wilson) is the Light's current enforcer. The council promoted him in preparation for Sportsmaster's departure.

Abilities:

• Peak Human Agility
  • Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Speed
  • Peak Human Endurance
  • Peak Human Durability
  • Hand to Hand combat skills
  • Marksmanship
  • Swordsmanship

Gear:

• Explosive Pellets
  • Hand Guns
  • Retractable Naginata
  • Sword
  • Taser Bolas

Sportsmaster(YJ):

No Caption Provided

Description:Sportsmaster (real name Lawrence "Crusher" Crock) is a supervillain, a former member of the League of Shadows, and was the personal enforcer forthe Light.

Abilities:

• Peak Human Strength
  • Peak Human Speed
  • Peak Human Agility
  • Pain Tolerance
  • Hand to hand combat master
  • Acute Senses

Gear:

• Discus(explosive/flash bang)
  • Hammer(Hammer throw thingy)
  • Javelin(explosive)
  • Knife
  • Pole
  • Saber

Right, heres how it will go:

• For starters Wesley cant see my team from his position, so Embo will release his probe and covertly peep over the building on my side. Once my team knows where Wesley is the rest of my team will deduce that your team is in that area.
  • Agent Six will carry Isaac to the port, where Isaac will transmute all the water to a mist/fog. Now if wesley starts shooting at them Six can just reflect the bullets back. Once the transumting is done Six will carry himself and Isaac to the ship.
  • While this is happening the other 3 will have positioned themselves behind the cars, and once the mist goes up they will start shooting at the rooftop distracting Wesley.
  • Now whether Wesley decides to go into the building or stay on stop, hes stuffed because as soon as Agent Six landed on the ship he leapt through the mist in the direction of the rooftop and used his swords to drag several chunks of metal with him by magnetising them. Now Wesley cant see through the mist and hes being distracted by the other half of my team, so he wont be expecting several chunks of the ship come flying towards his position out of the fog. Now whether Wesley stays on the roof or he goes down the the escape route, the building will be crushed by the metal chunks and your team barring Kaneki will die, including you.
  • Now if youre thinking that that wont kill your team, while the chunks are crashing into the building. The rest of my team will have approached a little bit, and will be hurling explosives at the building, that being explosive pellets, and explosive javelins.
  • Now while all this is happening i meaning me will have taken cover in the trees on the southeast corner of the map.

Now there is no way i see you(i mean actually you not any of your active team) surviving the building being crushed and the explosives raining down. So even if some of your team survive, i will have still won since you are dead.

Feats for my strategy:

Isaacs mist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mNKcbERXUg Skip to 0.27 take note that the amount of water in the video and the port are different, and so that is why Isaac can sustain his mist

Agent Six Magnet swords: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2wewe7 Skip to 9.56 note that Six will be magnetizing all the red machinery on the side of the ship.

Agent Six reflecting bullets:

No Caption Provided

Your turn@joewell911

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: Nice strategy. It won't be able to save you though.

C-c-counters!

There are several problems with your plan that'll stop it from working. I'll address them in order.

• For starters Wesley cant see my team from his position, so Embo will release his probe and covertly peep over the building on my side. Once my team knows where Wesley is the rest of my team will deduce that your team is in that area.

That probe would be gunned down the very second it comes into sight. It's unlikely to collect any useful information at all. But even if it does, you won't make it much farther next.

• Agent Six will carry Isaac to the port, where Isaac will transmute all the water to a mist/fog. Now if wesley starts shooting at them Six can just reflect the bullets back. Once the transumting is done Six will carry himself and Isaac to the ship.

Aha! A big flaw.

First, I'd like to see feats saying Agent Six can react to sniper bullets coming him from a location he can't see while he's heavily distracted doing other things.

In your gif, he's blocking handgun bullets while charging the target. That's around 1126 FPS (According to Google.), while a sniper bullet is over double that at 3400 FPS. Now I'm not trying to be picky, but that's a huge difference, almost as much as the difference between arrow timing and bullet timing.

And not only is he trying to react to the bullets, but he's trying to protect a member of his team while doing so. This is a pretty bad idea. It'd take all of his focus to avoid the bullets even by himself (Assuming he has more feats saying he can avoid sniper bullets anyways.), but to do so for himself and another while trying to make it somewhere? I'm not seeing it.

Lastly, there's the whole curving bullets thing.

No Caption Provided

He's been able to even tag bullet timers with this technique.

Loading Video...

And that was with a pistol.

So why couldn't Wesley, with a sniper, hit someone (who shouldn't be able to avoid his bullets in the first place) whose distracted even though he's been able to tag bullet timers before with a less powerful weapon due to his accuracy and bullet curving?

And even if he couldn't hit Agent Six, for whatever reason, he could always just curve the bullet around him to hit Isaac. Unless Six can straight up outrace the bullet in order to intercept it, he can't do anything to stop it.

• While this is happening the other 3 will have positioned themselves behind the cars, and once the mist goes up they will start shooting at the rooftop distracting Wesley.

The mist will never go up and once Wesley is done with those two, he'll see these ones hiding.

All it'd take to eliminate this threat is three bullets. Bam, bam, bam! Wesley's never missed and he won't start now. It'll be like whack-a-mole. As soon as they pop up, they're going down.

Even if they do get some shots off, Wesley's dodging them. I've already shown his ridiculous reactions, so without a better plan none of those are hitting him before they die.

• Now whether Wesley decides to go into the building or stay on stop, hes stuffed because as soon as Agent Six landed on the ship he leapt through the mist in the direction of the rooftop and used his swords to drag several chunks of metal with him by magnetising them. Now Wesley cant see through the mist and hes being distracted by the other half of my team, so he wont be expecting several chunks of the ship come flying towards his position out of the fog. Now whether Wesley stays on the roof or he goes down the the escape route, the building will be crushed by the metal chunks and your team barring Kaneki will die, including you.

By this point, your entire team would be dead and you'd be being hunted down by mine to be caught and killed very soon. But I'll still play along and pretend this is how it goes down.

The other half of your team is dead and there is no mist because Isaac dies when he goes out in an open area with a sniper on his tail, so Agent Six definitely dies here even if he made it this far. He wouldn't be able to carry the metal and block the bullets at the same time, so as he's slowly running himself over to us with the metal carrying behind he'll get a bullet through the head.

Even if there was mist, how exactly do you think your team would know where mine is? I mean, it doesn't just stop our vision. Agent Six wouldn't know where to carry the metal unless a path was cleared from the mist, and that would get him killed.

And finally, the metal. By the rules it can't be more than a tank-busting amount, which isn't enough to completely bring down a building. Maybe a section, but the whole thing? Nah. But if you could somehow get that far with it, this wouldn't even work. Kaneki has been shown slinging large pieces of metal easily.

No Caption Provided

Blocking some from Agent Six wouldn't be a problem. Then he could blitz the everloving hell out of him because of his stat advantage in every category and ability to one shot with ease. And that mist? Don't worry, he has super hearing.

No Caption Provided
  • Now if youre thinking that that wont kill your team, while the chunks are crashing into the building. The rest of my team will have approached a little bit, and will be hurling explosives at the building, that being explosive pellets, and explosive javelins.

It wouldn't. Kaneki could deal with it alone.

Why in the world would any of those still be alive? They aren't even covered by the mist. Their only protection are the cars, which Wesley can curve around. They would be out the second they can into sight. No chance to get the explosives out.

• Now while all this is happening i meaning me will have taken cover in the trees on the southeast corner of the map.
Loading Video...

You'll die.

Now there is no way i see you(i mean actually you not any of your active team) surviving the building being crushed and the explosives raining down. So even if some of your team survive, i will have still won since you are dead.

I couldn't alone, but my teammates are actually sticking beside me, unlike yours. Sub-Zero could easily just make a shield around us, as he has for exploding buildings before.

No Caption Provided

Then we'd be fiiinee.

Recap

• Isaac dies first step for sure because he isn't a bullet timer at all and he can't stop a bullet from curving around Six and going through his face.
  • Agent Six probably dies first step as well, because he hasn't shown to react to sniper bullets and Wesley's bullet curving being able to tag bullet timers.
  • The other three are fodderized due to their inability to bullet time and the fact that they are going out in the open (Behind cars, still open when you can curve bullets.) against a sniper.
  • Your life is taken after your team is all dealt with without a problem.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers