Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spector_Rand

You W/ Powers Tourney

In this Tourney, users choose their own training and are given randomly allocated powers.

Location and Rules of the match

No Caption Provided

Team A (Joe) starts at the bottom of the building. Team B (Bantha) Starts at the top of the building. They know a threat is in the building.

Rules

• 3 days max to post
  • Voting open for a week
  • Users get feats that within their power limits

Users Powers:

@joewell911 - Absolute Piercing

@banthabot - Zombie Physiology

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Wow, the perfect power to counter me, huh? Well, I'll make due. I'll go first this time, sense you usually do in our debates. Gimme until 6 EST (12 hours from now.)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: 30 minutes early!

The Lightning Gunslinger

No Caption Provided

"You wanna know what they call me?" *Silence* "Because that's all they can get out before they get six rounds of lead through the brain."

1 - Joewell911

• Training: Training with Bob Munden
  • Weapon: Desert Eagle
  • Equipment: A jar of bees, sling shot, riot shield
  • Suit: Ballistic Vest
  • Power: Absolute Piercing

Too cliche? No such thing! My character here is the Lightning Gunslinger, fastest shot in the world who can put the stopping power of a high tech sniper rifle in a 10mm peashooter.

Training: Bob Munden

The training of my character is probably his best asset. He'll be gaining all the skills of Bob Munden, fastest gunslinger in the world. No, seriously, this guy is ridiculous. Just here, watch.

Loading Video...

Bob Munden: My fastdraw is the fastest thing a human being does. Nobody does anything faster than what I do with guns.

Announcer Guy: Can you give a comparison to something that would come close(but not be as fast)?

Bob Motherf*cking Munden: The speed of light.

You guys are lucky I can't edit videos. This debate would be 99% MLG Bob Munden.
You guys are lucky I can't edit videos. This debate would be 99% MLG Bob Munden.

In gif form, so we can watch this shizz looped.

Wow!
Wow!

And now you're thinking, "Woah, this guy is fast. But I bet his aim isn't as good." And to that a say, git gud skrub.

Loading Video...

At 4:50 (Though you should watch the whole video, because it is full of Bob Munden epicness.) he proves just how accurate he is. He can hit an aspirin of the head of a nail. Without touching the nail. While holding his gun upside down.

Real life 360noscoper here.

Other impressive feats in that video:

• Splitting a playing card in two.
  • Hitting a coin out of the air.
  • Winning 18+ World Records in gunplay.
  • His draw is recorded at faster than 2 one hundredths of a second, faster than the blink of an eye.
  • Hits a target using the reflection of a diamond ring.

This guy is Deadshot mixed with Bullseye with some Wesley Gibson and epic cowboy put in.

Power: Absolute Piercing

It kinda worked perfect, didn't it? I pick a super fast gunslinger type and am lucky enough to get the ability to shoot through anything. Almost like it was coordinated. *Hands Spector a twenty.*

:P

Seriously tho, Absolute Piercing is a beastly power.

The user can pierce through absolutely anything and everything, with absolutely nothing can defend against it.

The attack can pierce down opponents of any form, whether they be immortal or the hardest substance in existence. It can also reach every plane of existence, whether it be space and time or alternate and pocket dimensions. The attack can affect the target no matter what as it is an omnipresential attack that can pierce through all timeline and parallel dimensions. Intangibility cannot evade the attack as it pierces past the "intangible" defense and strikes the physical being beneath it. The user can pierce through intangible elements such as fire and water, and causing them to split apart as oppose to a normal piercing attack would simply allow them to reform.

This power also pierces through metaphysical concepts such as reality and illusion, allowing one to either dispel and destroy illusions of any level or pierce through the barrier between the two and allow imagination to become reality or vice versa. Dreams and memories can also be pierced, allowing one to escape from being trapped in nightmares and the mental world. Conceptual locations and beings such as heaven or hell, living or spiritual, and gods or devils, are also be affected by this ability.

*Laughs manically* Couldn't get better!

Basically, I can imbue anything with the power to go through anything. That means my bullets will be 100% unstoppable by all defences, as will anything else I choose. My only limit, "You must embody something with your ability (a knife, arrow, bullet, or other object)." Which isn't at all hard to do. (I really wish I would have gotten a laser pointer or something, would have been even more OP.)

Gear and Equipment:

No Caption Provided

My weapon is a simple 6 action .45 colt revolver, what Bob Munden often uses. The stopping power and all that don't really matter, now that Absolute Piercing is my power, but it's an impressive gun nonetheless.

My other gear includes:

• A Jar of Bees: Weaponized bees should really bee (Sorry, couldn't resist.) used more often in combat. Ya shake 'em up, you throw 'em out, they sting and tear up anything in their vicinity. Enhance them with my power it becomes 20 times as deadly.
  • Slingshot: Just in case I run out of ammo in my gun, this should be a nice substitute. Especially now that all my ammo can cut through anything.
  • Riot Shield: Gotta have protection, right? This should hold up long enough for me to block some projectiles or whatever, so I can reload if my first six can't bring you down.
  • Ballistic Vest: A simple bullet resistant vest to help with any damage I may take. Nothing fancy.

The Fight

Monster Musume. I know you were wondering, ya pervs.
Monster Musume. I know you were wondering, ya pervs.

This is a quicky. We start out of sight, so I'll have to make my way to the top. I enter the building and take the stairs up. Assuming you do the same, we'll meet somewhere in the middle. Having training from Mr. Munden will allow me to quick draw and fire far, far faster than you, so you'll end up with six bullets to the head before you understand what happens.

"But mah zombie bod will allow me to survive!!1"

Nooopppeeee. Because of this limit on your pages wiki:

• Damage to the brain can result in an instant kill, even in this form.

Headshots still kill. I've proven my training gives me more than enough speed and skill to end you before you get a chance to counterattack. But let's say you miraculously survive? It's not game over.

You've somehow lived past the first six bullets and are probably pretty pissed. Well I just put down my riot shield, toss my beenade, and reload as you deal with several dozen bees flying through you with their now amped stingers. I do this quickly and put another round in you, taking out your limbs this time. Rinse and repeat until you're dead.

Recap

1. Bob Munden is an MLG Pro and grants me some ridiculously speedy and accurate shooting.
  2. I have the power to cut anything ever, including you.
  3. I'm packing heat, homes.
  4. When the round starts, I walk up the stairs and quick-scope yo undead ass. Bam-bam-bam!

You're simply outmatched here. It's not really your fault, you just don't have the speed to dodge my bullets or the power to stop them. This fight is over as soon as you're in sight.

Unless you got something up your sleeve, BTB?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911 Meet The Broken Specter

No Caption Provided

Powers, equipment and skills:

• Peak human speed and reflexes
  • Worlds best archer
  • Undead Physiology
  • Tear Gas Grenade
  • Explosive arrows
  • Alcohol (woo!)

Backstory

Anthony T. Martin was an ex-military swat officer who was in the top of his class as a marksman. Tension was high in America as the current President was ousted as a terrorist spy. When news of this was broadcast all over the United States riots broke out nation wide, and Anthony was called in for riot control. Little did he know that this was the terrorist's plans all along and all of their tear gas grenades were replaced with look-a-likes that instead released a toxin that attacked the brain when inhaled and sent the victim into a rage induced killing frenzy. The nation was being torn apart and the Riot Police were being over whelmed. Eventually Anthony was overwhelmed and was literally torn limb from limb by the insane mob, and in his last moments of life he looked into the face of one of his killers and saw the face of his sister.

Beyond the grave Anthony's rage towards the terrorists boiled over. It became so great that the King of Hell became afraid that Anthony might have the power to overthrow him and so he struck a deal with Anthony. He would raise Anthony from the dead so that he would be able to take revenge on the terrorists who murdered him and his sister, and in return Anthony would be bond by magic to never be able to harm the King of Hell. Anthony accepted his offer and rose from the ashes of his destroyed country. Instead of a gun like he used to use he wanted to use a weapon that he believed to be more "intimate" and so he crafted himself a bow. He also gave up his name because he was no longer the same kind hearted person he was when he was living, now he was The Broken Specter, an undead agent of revenge!

Power

Zombie Physiology

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Physiology

Limits are:

• Decap or headshot must kill you
  • Infection by bite only
  • Bite kills in two days

I couldn't have asked for a better power. The Broken Specter is extremely hard to kill. There are only two ways...

1. Decapitation
  2. Damaging the Brain

Any other damage inflicted to him won't matter because his body is already dead. This honestly makes your piercing a lot less important because TBS can get shot all day but if it doesn't hit him in the brain it will just be wasted bullets and time, and time is the most important part. On the other hand Lightning Gunslinger will be easy to kill because, aside from his torso which is covered with a vest, he is completely unprotected.

Training with Lars Anderson

If your character is the mix between Bullseye and Deadshot, then my character is the love child of Hawkeye and Green Arrow. Chances are you have already seen this video...it only has 36 million views.

Loading Video...

Lets run down the list of impressive things.

Speed: He is twice as fast as his closest competitor 0:35

He can fire three arrows in 0.6 seconds... that is an arrow every 0.2 seconds! 5:10

Accuracy: He can shoot a soda can tab out of the air. 2:00

He can split his arrow on the edge of a blade 2:46

He can split an incoming arrow out of the air with one of his own while his back is turned 5:15

Reaction Time: He can catch incoming arrows out of the air 3:04

And again he can react fast enough to split an incoming arrow out of the air with one of his own, and his back is turned when the incoming arrow is fired!

All in all Lightning Gunslinger only has 0.2 seconds to kill The Broken Specter before he is getting hit with a barrage of deadly accurate arrows.

Gear

Bow: The Broken Specter is using the same style of bow that is used by Lars Anderson...nuff said about it.

Explosive Arrows: Oh yes, not only does Lightning Gunslinger have to worry about regular arrows fired by this guy, but also ones that explode!

No Caption Provided

Tear Gas Grenade: Tear Gas is a non-lethal grenade that causes massive irritation and pain to the eyes. This will prove devastating to Lightning Gunslinger because he won't be able to hit The Broken Specter when his vision is blurred and he is in massive amounts of pain.

Bottle of alcohol: No I didn't add this to my inventory because The Broken Spector is a cool dude that just wants to be your characters drinking buddy. Instead I chose this because alcohol is flammable and this is the perfect time for a trick shot! Lets just say that your character is hiding behind cover, like his Riot Shield. Well The Broken Specter will throw this bottle above the cover he is hiding in and shoot it with an explosive arrow, then BOOM! liquid hot flames come poring down all over your character. Waist of some perfectly good alcohol, I know :/

Riot Control Kit: The Broken Specter comes wearing this set of armor. But with your characters power this doesn't matter at all. I still thought I should mention it.

No Caption Provided

Counters

Headshots still kill. I've proven my training gives me more than enough speed and skill to end you before you get a chance to counterattack. But let's say you miraculously survive? It's not game over.

This is quite true, IF your character shoots for the head and IF he see's my character first. It is highly likely that your character will simply try body shots at first because they are easier and he doesn't know about The Broken Spector's hot zombie bod. If this is the case then your character is screwed within .2 seconds because he is going to get hit with a bunch of exploding arrows to the face! Also this is implying that your character sees mine before yours does. Neither of our characters is trained in stealth but yours is trained by Bob Mundan, a guy who's main thing is shooting while standing still. On the other hand Lars Anderson is much more acrobatic and has shown the capacity to hit his target every time even when on the move.

Well I just put down my riot shield, toss my beenade, and reload as you deal with several dozen bees flying through you with their now amped stingers.

There are two ways I can see your jar of bees failing. First is The Broken Spector shooting the jar while it is still in your hands or directly after you throw it...then you would have to deal with the jar full of enhanced bees.

Next is that The Broken Specter could easily catch the jar before it breaks. He has caught arrows out of the air and they are mush faster flying than a jar of bees. Then all he needs to do is throw it back at you. And again you have to deal with the bees.

At 4:50 (Though you should watch the whole video, because it is full of Bob Munden epicness.) he proves just how accurate he is. He can hit an aspirin of the head of a nail. Without touching the nail. While holding his gun upside down.

That is quite accurate indeed! But there is one problem with this. This is after Bob has taken the time to aim and line up the shot. He has never displayed this level of accuracy while on the fly. On the other hand Lars Anderson has displayed an equal amount of accuracy while on the fly. Like shooting the soda can tab out of the air, or shooting arrows out of the air that were fired when his back was turn. Just watch the video again, it is worth watching multiple times.

Basically put The Undead Specter is more likely to survive than Lightning Gunslinger. The only way to kill my character is with a head shot which is unlikely to happen immediately due to your character not knowing this about him. Plus The Broken Specter can catch the jar of bees and throw it back at your character or simply shoot it our of your characters hands.

Then lets not forget my characters weapons. Tear gas will make it impossible for LG to hit anything due to his vision being blurred and then intense pain while TBS will be unaffected by the gas (his eyes are already dead) Explosive arrows will be overkill if they strike an unprotected part of LG's body, and even if they strike him in the chest your vest is designed to resist bullets NOT mini explosives. And lets not forget all the shrapnel. And then we have the alcohol which will burn Lightning Gunslinger alive.

I can't imagine this ending will for you.

Your turn bro!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading over this again I typed a sentence that makes absolutely no sense. Let's see if you can spot it lol

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Nice post. Expect mine up at around 6. Same bat-time, same bat-place!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Oooooh-ho-hooo. That was much better than expected. That's what I get for underestimating ya.

Nice backstory by the way!

Counters-Round 1

This honestly makes your piercing a lot less important because TBS can get shot all day but if it doesn't hit him in the brain it will just be wasted bullets and time, and time is the most important part.

Not necessarily true. Shots to the arms and legs could be extremely hurtful. You might not feel it, but that won't stop the limb from being disabled. What if a finger is shot off? I've shown the Lightning Gunslinger has the accuracy to do it, and shooting a bow without a thumb would be next to impossible.

Just because you don't feel the damage you've taken doesn't mean it isn't there.

On the other hand Lightning Gunslinger will be easy to kill because, aside from his torso which is covered with a vest, he is completely unprotected.

Ballistic Vests can stop arrows.

Loading Video...

He's using a crossbow four times as powerful as your bow whilst in very close range, yet it wasn't able to get past the vest. Sure it may not cover everywhere but, as you pointed out, a chest shot is the most likely to go first. But by the time I survive that and you realize you should go for the head, you'll be dead.

Speed: He is twice as fast as his closest competitor 0:35

He can fire three arrows in 0.6 seconds... that is an arrow every 0.2 seconds! 5:10

You can fire an arrow every .2 seconds, but I can fire a bullet every .02 of one. By simple math I'll be able to get my first six shots of in the time you can get one.

Accuracy: He can shoot a soda can tab out of the air. 2:00

He can split his arrow on the edge of a blade 2:46

He can split an incoming arrow out of the air with one of his own while his back is turned 5:15

Reaction Time: He can catch incoming arrows out of the air 3:04

And again he can react fast enough to split an incoming arrow out of the air with one of his own, and his back is turned when the incoming arrow is fired!

No Caption Provided

So I'd put our characters pretty equal in this category. They can both hit whatever they want.

Riot Control Kit: The Broken Specter comes wearing this set of armor. But with your characters power this doesn't matter at all. I still thought I should mention it.

You're right, you should. There's a reason I decided to get just a vest, and that's because a full set of armor reeaaalllly slows you down. Your speed and mobility will be slashed in half, and your accuracy will probably be effected with that dark and restricting visor on your head. So while your armor offers you no protection at all to my powers, you do get a hefty nerf from it.

This is quite true, IF your character shoots for the head and IF he see's my character first. It is highly likely that your character will simply try body shots at first because they are easier and he doesn't know about The Broken Spector's hot zombie bod. If this is the case then your character is screwed within .2 seconds because he is going to get hit with a bunch of exploding arrows to the face! Also this is implying that your character sees mine before yours does. Neither of our characters is trained in stealth but yours is trained by Bob Mundan, a guy who's main thing is shooting while standing still. On the other hand Lars Anderson is much more acrobatic and has shown the capacity to hit his target every time even when on the move.

Bruh, headshots only n00b.

They are no easier than headshots for a guy with Bob's accuracy. After seeing your guy all armored up, it's even more likely TLG will go for the head.

Even if he doesn't, he can get all six of his shots off before one of your arrows. At least one of those would be in the head. And it'd only take one shot to put down your character.

If my character doesn't get to go for the face first, neither does yours. If you survive the first barrage, you'd only be stunning me with an arrow to the knee vest. Then I can put you down before you can pull another arrow out.

He isn't going to be very acrobatic with a full suit of riot gear on. I'd bet our characters see each other at about the same time, and mine will definitely be the first to fire.

There are two ways I can see your jar of bees failing. First is The Broken Spector shooting the jar while it is still in your hands or directly after you throw it...then you would have to deal with the jar full of enhanced bees.

Next is that The Broken Specter could easily catch the jar before it breaks. He has caught arrows out of the air and they are mush faster flying than a jar of bees. Then all he needs to do is throw it back at you. And again you have to deal with the bees.

What?! No! No!

No Caption Provided

I doubt you'll be doing either of these things in reality tho. In my plan, I don't use this until after you've received several rounds in you, so you'd be a little too distracted with that to shoot the beenade before it gets at least half way to you.

How you gonna catch them with both your hands occupied holding a bow and arrow? You'd have to let go of one, which would allow me to pop up and pop you.

But with my one handed weapon, I could do the same to your tear gas and alcohol. Which would give me a nice little advantage.

That is quite accurate indeed! But there is one problem with this. This is after Bob has taken the time to aim and line up the shot. He has never displayed this level of accuracy while on the fly. On the other hand Lars Anderson has displayed an equal amount of accuracy while on the fly. Like shooting the soda can tab out of the air, or shooting arrows out of the air that were fired when his back was turn. Just watch the video again, it is worth watching multiple times.

You forgetting something?

No Caption Provided

He hits a dime out of the air, I'd consider that a solid "on the fly" feat.

He's shows the accuracy, yes, but Lars' speed is ever so slightly slower. I'm not saying he isn't impressive, but you just can't beat the Munden.

Does Lars have his own meme?
Does Lars have his own meme?

Basically put The Undead Specter is more likely to survive than Lightning Gunslinger. The only way to kill my character is with a head shot which is unlikely to happen immediately due to your character not knowing this about him. Plus The Broken Specter can catch the jar of bees and throw it back at your character or simply shoot it our of your characters hands.

Then lets not forget my characters weapons. Tear gas will make it impossible for LG to hit anything due to his vision being blurred and then intense pain while TBS will be unaffected by the gas (his eyes are already dead) Explosive arrows will be overkill if they strike an unprotected part of LG's body, and even if they strike him in the chest your vest is designed to resist bullets NOT mini explosives. And lets not forget all the shrapnel. And then we have the alcohol which will burn Lightning Gunslinger alive.

Headshots are the logical first choice for any opponent when you're 100% confident you can make the shot. The Lightning Gunslinger is faster, just as accurate, and would go for the kill right off the bat. There's no reason for the fight itself to last longer than .02 of a second.

The bees are only a backup measure and TUS is unlikely to hit the bees before they are at least half way due to him dealing with bullets place in his body just seconds ago.

Plus, he usually waits until the projectile is near the ground to hit it anyways.

No Caption Provided

Neither tear gas, explosive arrows, nor alcohol will get the chance to be used. But even if they are, they can be disabled the same way you think Lars can stop the beenade.

Recap

• I'll be able to shoot first due to being both visually, logically, and mathematically faster than you on the draw. This first shot will kill you because it only makes sense that at least one of the 6 bullets I can get off before you will be a headshot.
  • Even if the first six shots don't bring you down for some reason, it's still likely TLS wins. The riot shield can be plopped down while I reload after the bee jar is thrown out as a quick distraction. Anything you use during this time will be shot down or blocked.
  • If I am somehow hit by an arrow, I'll likely survive. The ballistics vest means I'll take very minimal damage, while your suit will do nothing but make you slower.

Reading over this again I typed a sentence that makes absolutely no sense. Let's see if you can spot it lol

I actually couldn't, where was it?

Back to you, bud!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: im guessing you posted a video to provide evidence for your ballistic vest because it didn't show up in the post. Comic Vine has been doing this to me recently too. You try and post a video but instead it just leaves a large blank space where you tried to put it

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Oh, yea. That's because it's in spoilers, and apparently videos in spoilers don't work. Here it is.

Loading Video...

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Oh my God, Your Post made me Cry it was so funny

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Oh my God, Your Post made me Cry it was so funny

That's what I live for. People's happy-tears are my lifeblood.

@joewell911: not sure when I will get my post up bro

That's cool. We're already father than most others, so we should be fine. As long as it's within the next week or so we should still be able to get a post or two up after.

How many more posts you wanna do, by the way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: I was thinking the standard two counters and a closer. These are made up characters so it is a little harder to come up with substance for them...not really te material for a really drawn out debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: I'm going to be honest bro. I was dreading having to go up against Bob Mundan. I knew who he was and in match making I was hoping not to get parred against him because he is about the only character in the tournament faster than my guy

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: woop woop! Im back

No Caption Provided

Counters

Not necessarily true. Shots to the arms and legs could be extremely hurtful. You might not feel it, but that won't stop the limb from being disabled. What if a finger is shot off? I've shown the Lightning Gunslinger has the accuracy to do it, and shooting a bow without a thumb would be next to impossible.

Every shot LG takes at one of my fingers is a shot he isn't taking at my brain. Even if they do cause damage my physiology helps me power through the damage 100x better than if it was living tissue. You can still shoot off my fingers but putting bullets in my heart, lungs, and kidneys will just be wasted bullets.

He's using a crossbow four times as powerful as your bow whilst in very close range, yet it wasn't able to get past the vest. Sure it may not cover everywhere but, as you pointed out, a chest shot is the most likely to go first. But by the time I survive that and you realize you should go for the head, you'll be dead.

I never once claimed that my arrows would pierce your vest. But your vest is the only part of the body that is actually protected. Legs, arms, and the head are still exposed and hitting two of those would pretty much be game over. His head would end in death and his arms would disable your character. Plus you didn't address explosive arrows at all. Your vest isn't going to stop them from killing you. Point is the protection offered by this vest is a non-factor because TBS has the accuracy to casually shoot around it, or can just ignore it all together by using explosive arrows.

You can fire an arrow every .2 seconds, but I can fire a bullet every .02 of one. By simple math I'll be able to get my first six shots of in the time you can get one.

Actually no. Im officially changing my characters name to Han Solo because he will shoot first. "Whaaa? Do u NO Mayth?!" Let me explain.

He have two numbers right now .2 and .02, using these numbers alone your character is ten times faster, but there is a flaw in this. What those numbers represent is Action Speed: how fast a character can complete an action once he has begun doing it. The problem is Action Speed alone is not what defines a characters speed. Instead Action Speed only happens following another statistic...Reaction Speed: the amount of time it takes for the brain to acknowledge, process, and figure out what action to take.

The average human reaction speed is .25 seconds and since your character has never shown any reaction feats at all we must assume that his reaction time is average. Every instance of TG quick drawing was with predetermined targets and was all on his own time. No reaction time required. Even him shooting a coin out of the air is not a reaction time because he is the one who tossed the coin. This means that he knew exactly when the coin was going to go into the air (this would cut out reaction time completely) and he even had some control over its trajectory. Credit where credit is due that is still an amazing accuracy feat.

On the other hand TBS has been shown to be able to catch arrows out of the air, do the same while jumping, shoot an arrow out of the air that was fired while his back is turned, and split an arrow out of the air that was fired while his back was turned. Pretty much my character is a casual arrow timer. This means that his reaction time is significantly shorter than your characters.

So from the start that each character sees each other at the same time they begin reacting. Your character has to wait out the full .25 seconds to begin his action. My character has to wait a much, much shorter time and begins his action while your character is still reacting. Ironic that your guy is called the faster draw in the world because he is about to get out sped by a guy with a bow and arrow.

You're right, you should. There's a reason I decided to get just a vest, and that's because a full set of armor reeaaalllly slows you down. Your speed and mobility will be slashed in half, and your accuracy will probably be effected with that dark and restricting visor on your head. So while your armor offers you no protection at all to my powers, you do get a hefty nerf from it

I actually chose this armor for a reason. Its a lot more lightweight than you are making it out to be. You can ignore all the armor below the waist because drawing and firing a bow is all upper body. The chest piece more or less is the same thing that your character has, so any hindrance I receive from this will be matched by the hindrance that your character receives. Then the only armor on the arms is just a little bit around the forearms. That doesn't hamper flexibility and the material it is made out of is the same as the chest piece and is not heavy in any way. Then all the rest is just plain old cloth.

The only piece of armor that might hamper him in anyway is the helmet. Its a little bulky but the protection it offers is worth it (except against your character) But that doesn't affect his draw speed at all. The only thing that this armor actually hampers will be his accuracy and honestly, my character has a high enough accuracy to be able to sacrifice a very small amount of it in order to gain protection. He is still going to hit his mark dead on every single time.

They are no easier than headshots for a guy with Bob's accuracy. After seeing your guy all armored up, it's even more likely TLG will go for the head.

If your character is going straight for the head I see no reason why my character won't do the same thing also. Especially when you admitted that my character has an equal amount of accuracy as your own.

How you gonna catch them with both your hands occupied holding a bow and arrow? You'd have to let go of one, which would allow me to pop up and pop you.

The example that you gave was with your character needing time to reload. How exactly is he going to pop up and shoot me with an empty gun.

Anyways what is to stop your character from getting shot when he pops out of cover to overhand a jar of bees in my direction? Its more likely that your character gets shot while trying to throw it than my character gets shot trying to catch it.

But with my one handed weapon, I could do the same to your tear gas and alcohol. Which would give me a nice little advantage.

Except you have never shown that level of reaction time. The basis of my claim that TBS could catch the jar of bees was because he has already been shown to be able to catch arrows out of the air. Not that catching them is likely. If he catches the tear gas then he is just holding a canister that is spewing tear gas in his hands. him catching the grenade doesn't stop it from going off. And the plan with the alcohol is to use it as a trick shot by blowing it up before it gets to you, meaning that you will never have a chance to catch the bottle. Shooting the tear gas will only release the gas inside the canister and end in the same result as if he didn't shoot the grenade. I suppose shooting the alcohol would work but my plan for using it is while your character is hiding behind cover which makes it unlikely that it will get shot.

Plus, he usually waits until the projectile is near the ground to hit it anyways.

In the example that you presented Lars had to throw the can in the air with one hand. This occupied his draw hand and so he had to set the arrow on his lap. This is not the method that Lars uses while speed shooting and significantly cut down on his speed. Had someone else thrown it he could have shot it in half the time.

Neither tear gas, explosive arrows, nor alcohol will get the chance to be used. But even if they are, they can be disabled the same way you think Lars can stop the beenade.

Why exactly will explosive arrows not get a chance to be used? They are regular arrows that just go boom. I see no reason why he would hold them in reserve except for a single one needed to set off the alcohol. And how exactly is he going to disable the explosive arrows? This didn't make any sense at all man.

Your turn dewd. Oh and this was the line...Also this is implying that your character sees mine before yours does.

Basically the sentence reads "this is implying that your character sees my character before your character sees my character." Lol

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joewell911

@banthabot: Sweet. I'mma keep this one a little shorter. Conclusions after this, right?

Counters-Round 2

Every shot LG takes at one of my fingers is a shot he isn't taking at my brain. Even if they do cause damage my physiology helps me power through the damage 100x better than if it was living tissue. You can still shoot off my fingers but putting bullets in my heart, lungs, and kidneys will just be wasted bullets.

The headshot will be the first and last, I was just pointing out how other things do have the capacity to do damage.

I never once claimed that my arrows would pierce your vest. But your vest is the only part of the body that is actually protected. Legs, arms, and the head are still exposed and hitting two of those would pretty much be game over. His head would end in death and his arms would disable your character. Plus you didn't address explosive arrows at all. Your vest isn't going to stop them from killing you. Point is the protection offered by this vest is a non-factor because TBS has the accuracy to casually shoot around it, or can just ignore it all together by using explosive arrows.

True. Guess it is all about who shoots first.

Actually no. Im officially changing my characters name to Han Solo because he will shoot first. "Whaaa? Do u NO Mayth?!" Let me explain.

He have two numbers right now .2 and .02, using these numbers alone your character is ten times faster, but there is a flaw in this. What those numbers represent is Action Speed: how fast a character can complete an action once he has begun doing it. The problem is Action Speed alone is not what defines a characters speed. Instead Action Speed only happens following another statistic...Reaction Speed: the amount of time it takes for the brain to acknowledge, process, and figure out what action to take.

The average human reaction speed is .25 seconds and since your character has never shown any reaction feats at all we must assume that his reaction time is average. Every instance of TG quick drawing was with predetermined targets and was all on his own time. No reaction time required. Even him shooting a coin out of the air is not a reaction time because he is the one who tossed the coin. This means that he knew exactly when the coin was going to go into the air (this would cut out reaction time completely) and he even had some control over its trajectory. Credit where credit is due that is still an amazing accuracy feat.

On the other hand TBS has been shown to be able to catch arrows out of the air, do the same while jumping, shoot an arrow out of the air that was fired while his back is turned, and split an arrow out of the air that was fired while his back was turned. Pretty much my character is a casual arrow timer. This means that his reaction time is significantly shorter than your characters.

Interesting indeed, BanthaB. But you can't use fancy math to beat simple logic and observation.

Just. Look. Look at this two gifs. With your eyes.

It's literally FTE.
It's literally FTE.
This is the fastest I could find for Lars.
This is the fastest I could find for Lars.

Bob clearly has his gun out and fired before even one of Lars arrows.

You can use all the iffy calcs ya want, but when we look at the evidence Munden is faster every time.

So from the start that each character sees each other at the same time they begin reacting. Your character has to wait out the full .25 seconds to begin his action. My character has to wait a much, much shorter time and begins his action while your character is still reacting. Ironic that your guy is called the faster draw in the world because he is about to get out sped by a guy with a bow and arrow.

Again, just look. If Lars is moving much faster than Bob, why is he clearly not in the comparison?

Your action is just a lot slower. You might start it first, but it's clear I'll complete mine before you.

You know what else is ironic?

No Caption Provided

I actually chose this armor for a reason. Its a lot more lightweight than you are making it out to be. You can ignore all the armor below the waist because drawing and firing a bow is all upper body. The chest piece more or less is the same thing that your character has, so any hindrance I receive from this will be matched by the hindrance that your character receives. Then the only armor on the arms is just a little bit around the forearms. That doesn't hamper flexibility and the material it is made out of is the same as the chest piece and is not heavy in any way. Then all the rest is just plain old cloth.

The only piece of armor that might hamper him in anyway is the helmet. Its a little bulky but the protection it offers is worth it (except against your character) But that doesn't affect his draw speed at all. The only thing that this armor actually hampers will be his accuracy and honestly, my character has a high enough accuracy to be able to sacrifice a very small amount of it in order to gain protection. He is still going to hit his mark dead on every single time.

The below the waist stuff will certainly put a stop to all those flips and stuff tho.

Hm. I'd disagree, but really none of this matters since my character is faster with or without it.

If your character is going straight for the head I see no reason why my character won't do the same thing also. Especially when you admitted that my character has an equal amount of accuracy as your own.

Cool. Both of us get headshots first. It all boils down to who goes first.

The example that you gave was with your character needing time to reload. How exactly is he going to pop up and shoot me with an empty gun.

Anyways what is to stop your character from getting shot when he pops out of cover to overhand a jar of bees in my direction? Its more likely that your character gets shot while trying to throw it than my character gets shot trying to catch it.

He can get one or two in.

Maybe his hand, at most. They wouldn't be a reason to pop his whole body up.

But again. Doesn't matter. I'll shoot first.

Except you have never shown that level of reaction time. The basis of my claim that TBS could catch the jar of bees was because he has already been shown to be able to catch arrows out of the air. Not that catching them is likely. If he catches the tear gas then he is just holding a canister that is spewing tear gas in his hands. him catching the grenade doesn't stop it from going off. And the plan with the alcohol is to use it as a trick shot by blowing it up before it gets to you, meaning that you will never have a chance to catch the bottle. Shooting the tear gas will only release the gas inside the canister and end in the same result as if he didn't shoot the grenade. I suppose shooting the alcohol would work but my plan for using it is while your character is hiding behind cover which makes it unlikely that it will get shot.

To do something a normal human could do? You aren't throwing it are supersonic speed, any normal human can catch a thrown projectile.

You're right on all the other stuff, but well, you know.

Why exactly will explosive arrows not get a chance to be used? They are regular arrows that just go boom. I see no reason why he would hold them in reserve except for a single one needed to set off the alcohol. And how exactly is he going to disable the explosive arrows? This didn't make any sense at all man.

I dunno. I was tired while writing (Fun fact, I originally wrote "righting" which brings back that irony.) that. I just kinda threw it in there with the others.

But it won't matter since.. Well.

No Caption Provided

Sorry if this one was a little weaker than the rest. By the rules of the debate gods, I get one good post a day. Already used my energy on this. :P

The entire fight rests solely on who attacks first. I ask the voters to go back and look at the videos provided and you'll see clearly that Bob (And therefor I.) is much faster to shoot. His draw is straight up quicker than the blink of an eye. While Lars is impressive, it's just not as fast as Mr. MLG Munden.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers