You with a Sword run the animal gauntlet.

• 81 results
green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By green_skaar

Lmao @ people thinking animals are indestructible when fighting humans. The animals listed are a serious threat, but do you really think they'd know what a sword is?

Most animals would just bullrush you and impale themselves on a rapier etc.

Yes and unless the rapier is perfectly placed to kill them instantly (yeah right), they maul the shit out of the human that now has their sole weapon stuck in the animal ripping them to shreds.

EugenSavoyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would stop at 3 prolly.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends if those answering are being honest, or actually pretending they're Wolverine/Master Chief/Hulk Hogan.

Kothoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Grizzly Armor would allow most people to clear this.

Loading Video...

If a Grizzly Bear would gas out attacking the suit, then these lesser animals have no chance against it.

neoman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my opinion. i clear the jaguar, wolf and badger with any decent sword or knife. with injuries however, especially against the jaguar. however, id much rather pick a very sharp knife, since most of the fight will be spent lying on the ground, protecting my face and neck while the animal is trying to kill me. against the wolf or jaguari only get one slash-stab with my sword before the animal make contact with me.

the silverback will be pointless fighting with a sword i only get one slash before being knocked to the ground. with a very sharp knife i am confident i will stand a good chance, especially if the silverback tries to bite me exposing hes neck-eyes.

i read a story about some guy being attacked by a large grizzly bear, killing it with several stabs to the back of its neck, while turtling on the ground that would be my tactic aswell!

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Laurus

That grizzly suit mentioned above and a sharpened longsword would probably allow me to clear, but the gorilla will be incredibly difficult.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honey badger: I stomp without a sword

Wolf: I win pretty easily.

Gorilla: should be the last round. I don't know if I could win or not. depends on how a gorilla can take a sword hit.

Jaguar: I should be able to win a solid majority.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Stop at 3.

thedemonlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Have you got precognition or something? That's so cute.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might be able to beat round 1 due to speed. More likely however, I just run away screaming because a f*cking honey badger is chasing me in England.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose samurai armor and a katana.

Round 1: Just a small nasty creature. I oneshot it.

Round 2: Clear with extreme diff.

Round 3: I don't know why everyone is saying the gorilla kills everyone. They don't have anything to get through your armor and have very low durability. I clear with diff.

Round 4: This is where i might die. Too fast.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555 said:

I choose samurai armor and a katana.

Round 1: Just a small nasty creature. I oneshot it.

Round 2: Clear with extreme diff.

Round 3: I don't know why everyone is saying the gorilla kills everyone. They don't have anything to get through your armor and have very low durability. I clear with diff.

Round 4: This is where i might die. Too fast.

Except that Samurai armor was made to protect against piercing weapons, not blunt force. You practically have leather, bamboo, thin steel plates and chainmail protecting you, which is good against people and blades, but not large apes that can hit harder than a sledgehammer. You will be crushed.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably stop at 1 tbh

Nobody is clearing a goddamn Gorilla

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Frocharocha

@rxdking said:

@frocharocha: Dude, stop with your mcdojo shit. Nobody is beating a silver back gorilla with a sword. Nobody. Not even francis ngannou if he had 10+ years of sword training.

Silver back Gorillas are very hyped. Why they would have insanely powerful bites when they can could just maul any opponent?

The reason primates, such as the silver back and humans, have powerful bites and teeth is mostly to protect themselfs, as the jaws can create much more force per square than arms.

A gorilla atacks it's opponent not by brawling, but by rushing with all it's body weight at a speed of 25 mph to the opponent and knocking it to the ground, and using it's arms and body weight to finish it off.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thelocust619

You could pair us up and the gorilla would still win.

Red_Leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are sci fi/fantasy swords allowed

if not i make it to 3 then lose

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i stop at 2, if i don't kill myself with the sword on fighting the honey badger...

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gauntlet is out of order, gorilla should come before jaguar.

I rek all except gorilla... I’ll have to sacrifice at least an arm to win that one.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

Edgy knight armour with a trench coat on top and the dark sword, i sprint at them while constantly swinging my sword back and forth and clear all rounds at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these real animals or fictional personified animals? Animal psychology is different than yours or mine. They live in the food chain, we don't, and as a consequence of that, most of these animals avoid confrontation at all costs as a way to ensure survival. Better to walk away than to get hurt and possibly die from infection.

You can reasonably scream and make yourself look bigger to scare off most the Wolf and Jag, maybe not the gorilla and badger. The gorilla is probably more confident, as in nature the bigger guy wins 99% of the time. He badger is unique in that it's highly aggressive, the only animal here not subject to timidity when facing an equal.

As long as you're wearing something protective, a face guard is important, as well as ample protection around the neck, the wolf and jag wont be able to do much against you. The real issue is the gorilla here. A long sword might be the best way to go. It's got reach and can keep the animal at bay, but if it charges, you'd want a curved sword instead. Those fare much better against what's essentially a big unarmored man.

If all else fails, use the pommel to end them rightly.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say that I'd clear, but I know damn well that honey badger would destroy me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone stops at 2.

I have no training with a sword whatsoever. I'd swing wildly and attempt to make my lunges count, but would probably screw up.

I may get past Round 1 depending on how fast those badgers are.

Round 2 I run away

zackg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me full platemail/ chainmail armor and a katana. I'll clear this bitch mostly because I know where to strike for the most damage. With that armor the only threat is the gorrila because the others are going to have a hard time bypassing the chain mail that will be protecting the joints in my armor. Even it they knock me down I can still swing my sword at them while on the ground. Trust me, I'm not dropping that thing. With a real katana you'll slice through these animals easy, even the gorilla. Go for the neck and head and it the gorilla blocks woth it's hands or arms if you swang hard you'll cut their hand or arm off.

cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3: The gorilla is bound by the very laws of nature to wait for you to finish unscrewing the pommel.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 krisbishop  Moderator

Maybe stop at 2. I'll only clear 2 if I get a lucky stab.

Definitely hard stops at 3.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Gnomishness

Foam-padded plate-mail for me, full body. The stuff they wear in modern medieval reenactment tournaments.

I'd also like a sharp-pointed longsword with a safety rope around it's hilt, so that it's significantly harder for the animal to do the obvious thing and knock it out of my hands before dragging me away from it. Also, I'd appreciate it if the blade was recently sharpened. Properly sharpened blades mean the difference between a bad scratch and a clearly fatal wound.

1. Not too much strategy here. The biggest danger is that it gets away and hides in a hole or something. I don't think it has the strength to even pierce through the thin layer of chainmail at my armor's vulnerable points. I keep the sword hidden to embolden it, and then jump on him, pin him down and start slicing repeatedly.

2. This one is mostly about patience. Without a doubt, I can reposition my blade faster then the wolf can go around it while I'm focused, and if the wolf charges into that, he'll be mortally wounded and likely unable to do more then minimal damage to me at a time due to my armor. If the wolf manages to get around my blade I'm in trouble, but steel is steel no matter how much you cut at it, so even though the wolf might knock me to the ground and start mauling at my more sensitive parts (as I try to guard the weak points in my armor) I still doubt it would be able to finish me off before tiring itself out instead. If it's intelligent, it might try to drag me into a ditch or something, where the fight becomes more in it's favor, but that's why my sword has a safety rope. I won't easily be deprived of a sword! If the wolf tries to run, I follow it as a distance and use my superior human travel stamina to tire it out and kill it like that.

3. The worst one I think. Against the Gorilla, the foam part of the armor is the only relevant thing since I'll be faced with blunt-damage. The sword would also be less help then usual due to the gorilla's likely strategy of pulling my legs out from under me and violently dragging me by the legs, trying to cause head-trama. A good hit in with a sharp sword would also give me the win though... I'd say I take in 6/10 times.

too tired to do the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ends in sex

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By thelocust619

@zackg: The gorilla will straight grab your katana by the blade and pull it right from both your hands, probably without being cut at all no matter how sharp it is because he'll be gripping harder than u ever can. You won't even be able to draw cut. You're not keeping the sword lol.

And one shotting with a sword is hard even on a squishy human...there's a reason executioners had their victims restrained in some form. Most duels did not end in death after one hit...so now add even more layers of muscle.

DioxinYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DioxinYo

I won't act like I'm a beast or anything IRL, but I honestly think I would have trouble against just the wolf (100% death on round 3)

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Aka_aka_aka_ak

I'm confused at people saying humans can't get past round 2 with only a sword. A relatively strong man should stand a decent chance against a wolf without a sword. Men are much stronger, heavier and smarter. I don't think it would be too difficult to be able to stop a wolf getting at my neck and I should be able to get around the back and pin in down and win from there. I give myself rounds 1 and 2 without a sword..

Depends on surroundings and the sword for the others. Sharp enough sword and most adults should clear, the Gorilla being the only round that could go either way and is dependent on whoever gets the first strike in. I don't care how strong a Gorilla is, it's not fighting through a solid slash or stab to the face or neck. With no armour: If I can manage that before the Gorilla lands a proper hit on me I win, otherwise the Gorilla does, however, with decent, rigid armour that absorbs most of the gorillas strikes I should definitely have enough time to get the strike in.

I think most humans would clear anything up to rhino level, where a stab to the face might not cut it.

Cole498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(I'm not a violent person, but this what I would do)

Round 1: Don't need a sword, just the armor and I'd throw the badger down a cliff

Round 2: Pretty difficult, but I still wouldn't need a sword, just armor and I'd hold the wolf down until it had enough, then let it run off

Round 3: Would definitely need a sword or possibly a knife, no armor, mostly because it'd be heavy and make me slower. Then when the gorilla comes charging at me I can (probably) outrun it and manage to get behind it so I can stab em.

Round 4: The most difficult, would definitely need both armor and more than likely a knife, so when it pounces on me, I'd have a better chance at killing it.

Or

I'd just try to be friendly, if that wouldn't work, then I'm either gonna stop at 1 or do it the violent way.