Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Frocharocha
No Caption Provided

Black Shuck, Old Shuck, Old Shock or simply Shuck is the name given to a ghostly black dog which is said to roam the coastline and countryside of East Anglia. Accounts of the animal form part of the folklore of Norfolk, Suffolk, the Cambridgeshirefens and Essex.

The name Shuck may derive from the Old English word scucca meaning "demon", or possibly from the local dialect word shucky meaning "shaggy" or "hairy".

Black Shuck is one of many ghostly black dogs recorded across the British Isles. Sometimes recorded as an omen of death, sometimes a more companionable animal, it is classified as a cryptid, and there are varying accounts of the animal's appearanceWriting in 1877, Walter Rye stated that Shuck was "the most curious of our local apparitions, as they are no doubt varieties of the same animal

You are travelling in the swamps of East Angilia with your dog when you see this strange animal. Your dog runs in fear while then animal he charges to you and it turns to be a Hellhound. He tries to kill you. Who wins?

-You come with hunt equipiment for this. Incluiding a small knife, flare gun and heavy clothes to absorb the bites.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dratini1331

I block it and snap it's neck while yelling like bruce lee!

#OverConfidenceIsMyWeakness

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

Shuck roflstomps me.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I block it and snap it's neck while yelling like bruce lee!

#OverConfidenceIsMyWeakness

Uhh well, i would personally run for my life upong seeing a dog like that one.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kick him in the jaw with some heavy set boots.

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone here would have their throat ripped out by that dog. dont kid yourself guys..

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Frocharocha

everyone here would have their throat ripped out by that dog. dont kid yourself guys..

Uhhh yeah. theer's that story too, these old texts are har to fix for actual grammar:

The encounter on the same day at Bungay was described in A Straunge and Terrible Wunder by the Reverend Abraham Fleming in 1577:

This black dog, or the divel in such a linenesse (God hee knoweth al who worketh all,) running all along down the body of the church with great swiftnesse, and incredible haste, among the people, in a visible form and shape, passed between two persons, as they were kneeling uppon their knees, and occupied in prayer as it seemed, wrung the necks of them both at one instant clene backward, in somuch that even at a moment where they kneeled, they strangely died.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dratini1331

@frocharocha: Oh yea, no, That thing would kill me. There wouldn't much of a point in running though, since Dogs are way faster than humans. It's also a hellhound, so it's essentially unkillable by just our bare hands anyways. That was my understanding at least.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

hm..well my knowledge of martial arts wouldn't do much good but , i would give it some injuries before bitin' it.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Oh yeah? What martial art do you practice? I'm always curious about who knows what ^.^

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dratini1331: i replied to your pm , anyway i'd most likely e hesitant to harm the dog even f it wants me dead , though after it bites me or something , i'll go goku on it..

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would stomp it into the ground.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BadVoodoo

-1 rep to anyone who claims they'll win without having a paragraph.

My dog would never run away in fear and i usually carry a firearm... but i'll still play by OPs rules

For my sake i'll replace The Black Shuck with a big wolf. I'll try to climb a tree and as the wolf strikes at me i'd kick it in the head. I almost always wear steel toe boots. When iv felt iv injured it enough id try my hardest to jump on its back, using gravity to preform a massive stomp on its back.

If its still alive id try to finish it off with a rock. If the Shuck injures my leg i'm pretty much done. If its on top of me i'd go for the eyes the best of my abilities, maybe put my fist in its mouth and try to shove it down its throat. But most likely if it gets me on the ground im done.

If i can somehow get inside a tree i can access my pocket knife, maybe a drink to throw at it and temporarily blind him?

If i can get on a tree - I'm confident id have a good chance of over coming a wolf

If the Shuck gets on top of me - I'm done... Tiny chance of me getting out of it alive.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamps of East Anglia? that did make me giggle.Norfolk Broads more like ;)

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badvoodoo: like a bausse XD

@nighthunder: makes sense. Sorry about the double question, wasn't sure if your notifications were working

ommnomnomnom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would eat him

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If it's just as strong as a dog of it's size, I would curbstomp it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badvoodoo: I don't get it, it just seems to be a big black dog, why not just kick it in it's jaw while it pounces or runs to you. You'll be using the dogs momentum against him, plus(not to be cocky or anything) i have some already decently strong legs. With boots, the dogs momentum, and the fact that you would kick it in it's jaw(since a kick would come from below), i don't know why it wouldn't go down. Even if it has great durability , you'll at least be able to kick it away if it's in the air, unless it has an extremely large mass or something. For me, my max leg press is like 140. I don't know the exact math, but i'm guessing if i kick it in the jaw while it's airborne and it's a counter kick, it would have to weigh like 180 to not be flung about. That's around my size (190 pounds myself), and if Shuck was that big, i'd probably just shit myself once i saw it and die.

There's a paragraph... jerk, i need all the rep points i can get.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds:

Prolly because the dog supposedly runs at like 200 mph and can use its hands like we can and can bite through solid wood doors and is strong enough to tackle down a door and can crush your bones into paste if it leaps on you

But that's a composite Black Shuck.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Oh shit that's crazy... wellllllll, how does any normal human expect to win that battle, lol. I mean if we look at that all seperately it would even be pretty difficult. I'm personally just a slow, but powerful, clumsy dude, so i probably would have trouble reacting to 200 MPH, though a powerful baseball player might have a chance as they're used to high speeds, smaller targets, and having to use a lever instead of a main body part.

If it can use hands like a human, well, i also can't fight( from my very rare and few experiences) plus they have essentially claws on their hands and Shuck would probably rip me to shreds. Someone with martial art experience against someone who uses clawed weapons might fare decently though.

If he can only just bite through solid doors but in every other way is still a normal dog, well i still have a chance with the strategy i put out.

If he can crush my bones into paste just by leaping on me, then Shuck obviously has the force and mass advantage on me by quite a heavy margin and my strategy would not work, once again. A kick Boxer(probably a boxer as well, since legs are a key part of producing powerful punches) and any other person with EXTREMELY powerful kicks could probably initiate my plan, but i'm personally too weak.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pshhh, i can take him, Swift Round capoeira Kick followed by a Very loud WHATEYYYYYY, Accompanied by an elbow to the neck joint.

if that's not enough Just circle it, Lots of dogs have Horrible Turning Save a few breeds. Im going to assume this isn't one of those, and using my superior "agility" i will whip around until it gets dizzy, like chasing its tail. when it is confused and disoriented Rapid Kai Loi to the spine. and if it sill lives. well then. god have mercy on my soul.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds:

You're not. LOL Bruce Lee or a 30-year-plus MMA fighter could do it if they had on body armor, but you with just your fists in the SWAMPS...?! Naw.

@funsiized:

How the hell do you expect to do that when it takes you ten seconds to lift your boot out of the ground? If you try and circle around it, it's just going to lunge at you; it's chased down multiple cars in its illustrious career.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Funsiized

@thedarklordpandamonium: Point made. Very well, can i have my snow shoes? those work in mud right? guys...? orr can i just go bare foot? and we are using the Composite Shuck? then that things teleporting and is akin to Death itself, nobody has a chance.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: Capoiera, in my experience, is too slow and too unstable for this fight =/ Neck snap would probably be the best choice here, over Khao loi ;)

I should take a survey of all the people on this site that do martial arts, would be nice to know.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: if you went barefoot you'd probably just get an infection and die immediately. Well Composite Shuck would make the most sense since OP didn't specify its powers, and it's basically supposed to be death itself. But I think it makes sense if we just give it 30mph run speed (most consistent) bite through wood, can use its hands, can tackle down a door, will crush your bones to paste.

@dratini1331: Capoiera is a quick martial art. What are you thinking of? Regardless the Black Shuck shakes off small caliber fire and thrown rocks like its nothing; the jabs of capoiera aren't going to do anything. Also if you tried to snap its neck it would probably just snap yours.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BadVoodoo
Loading Video...

This is the dog i had in mind. I though, since this is the black shuck, we were dealing with a named dog with superior skill. Just an idea of what dogs are capable of.

That actually sounds reasonable, the only thing though the jaw is a small target to kick, especially if hes running at you, you have to time that just right which isn't an easy feat.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Capoiera actually has some of the lowest kicking speeds due to the pacing and because of the longer movements and more awkward movements. Compared to other martial arts, like Taekwondo, it's kicking speed is actually one of the lower end ones. Though, the techniques tend to deliver the hit more effectively since they often get more rotation and more mass behind their kicks.

Also, A skilled capoiera kick >>>>> Some rocks. It can deliver enough force to potentially kill someone if you hit them right. That doesn't change that kicking is extremely unwieldy in a swamp, but saying "jabs aren't going to do anything" and comparing them to thrown rocks is a bad call.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badvoodoo:

Dunno about other dogs, but in most of the Black Shuck legends I've read it just sort of...bites your arm off.

@dratini1331: I mentioned thrown rocks mostly because in the earliest legends, well, guns didn't exist and since the Black Shuck would tear you apart if you got close, the 'protagonist' (for lack of a better name) was typically a youth who had spent most of his life throwing rocks and killing birds.

When faced with attacks, it's always either:

a) gone intangible (not an option here)

b) dodged it and lol'd (which would mean it would just speedblitz you)

c) shrugged it off

But for the purposes of the fight, let's assume it would go down if you managed to snap its neck or back, but has extremely high blunt force durability (as it rams cars).

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Khao! thank you that always evades me. but besides on capoeira Its recreational use is slow, but that's really just used to train the individual muscles used in actual combat. in reality it has some of the fastest kicks in a lot of martial arts. i stopped a year ago but up until it was just fine for me and its only "weakness" was that its kicks used mainly your waist as a center of gravity, but if you combine it with muay thai, like i did, then you basically make use of every joint in your body. its really quite beautiful, i never put my all into it. but my buddy is still in it.

@thedarklordpandamonium Hmm well then. ill say this. If we give it the speed, then we can't hamper ours, while we are in a swamp, can it be on Solid Ground but surrounded by marsh? to prevent running, and to actually be forced fight it. as i am thinking what most of us are going to be forced to do, due to its speed. but the only thing i really know about this thing is what my Grandmother told me.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Oh yeah, no. I know I can't beat that thing. I'd be hard pressed to beat a normal attack dog charging me, but that thing would slaughter me lol. Just pointing out some small things.

@funsiized:I found it to be slower than most traditional kicking style because of the way you have to position yourself. Even basic Roundhouses are harder to perform if done from a starting Ginga. I'll stick to my more traditional kicking styles personally, Kicking from a square stance is puts me too off balance and just feels slower in general.

The only kick I think I found that was the speed of some of the faster kicking arts, like various TKD styles or many of the more recently developed Chinese styles, was the Basic front kick and side kick since they were performed basically the same way. I'm not saying anything bad about Capoiera, it teaches a lot of really good and really useful skills, but I personally found it slower than other arts I've practiced.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized:

Sure, it can be on solid ground. Realistically your best chance would be a concrete jungle with lots of easily climbable things; if I were in peak human condition (#not) I'd have my best shot at killing the thing if I quickly got on top of something, then managed to fall directly on top of its neck and snap it. H2H you'd be ridiculously hard pressed still; if you limited its speed to regular then you'd have a shot but its durability is still flat-out ridiculous and it would easily just bite your arm off.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Funsiized

@dratini1331: eh, i guess it's just preference, i don't typically do Roundhouses From a Strait up Ginga Stance but usually like i said, mix it, i Can easily Transition from a Muay Thai Frontal Stance into an Au Batido or Au Sem Mao, but once again. i usually use it to zone my opponent, and if they get to close, Recover into a Sok Klap, if you notice, i Use a rotating motion to do most of my moves. its because i am not the tallest guy on the block, and found i gain a lot of moment with spinning motions. if i mess up just Quadra de Quatro, and im safe.

Since you Read Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, to liken it, think Siegfried meets Appachai.

of course all of that is moot as its designed for bigger and Human opponents. neither of which Shuck is. so back on thread, unless the area has okay footing, i don't see many people taking this.

@thedarklordpandamonium To Elaborate, this thing is Stronger than peak human, it dents cars, Breaks bones with ease etc. so my Average Exercise self is going to get stomped, i can have all the skill in the world, but its nothing to this. im out.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Capoiera actually has some of the lowest kicking speeds due to the pacing and because of the longer movements and more awkward movements. Compared to other martial arts, like Taekwondo, it's kicking speed is actually one of the lower end ones. Though, the techniques tend to deliver the hit more effectively since they often get more rotation and more mass behind their kicks.

Also, A skilled capoiera kick >>>>> Some rocks. It can deliver enough force to potentially kill someone if you hit them right. That doesn't change that kicking is extremely unwieldy in a swamp, but saying "jabs aren't going to do anything" and comparing them to thrown rocks is a bad call.

Capoeira would be very useful in an animal fighting. It's an art of fighting aimed to evasivess and agility. So you could deliver very fast blows on Shuck while escaping from his atacks. Fighting style would be vital here since we are talking about a dog wh ocan just chop people arm off.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: good idea.

@frocharocha: The thread is kind of unfair. The Shuck has never been hurt iirc by anything less than a high-caliber rifle or in some cases a tree or house falling on it, and will one-shot you (not to mention the speedblitzing). I think we should get some equips.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: good idea.

@frocharocha: The thread is kind of unfair. The Shuck has never been hurt iirc by anything less than a high-caliber rifle or in some cases a tree or house falling on it, and will one-shot you (not to mention the speedblitzing). I think we should get some equips.

Okay... I wil ladd some things to the fighters.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dratini1331

@frocharocha: It wouldn't help in the marshy area, and it's not actually that evasive. It's really about average in terms of evasiveness and agility, and it's kicks are on the higher end of power and dodging difficulty, but they're also relatively slow and clunky when compared to other arts in my personal experience.

If we're talking about fighting styles that would be good in this scenario, I'd probably pick some derivative of Jujitsu. It'll be too fast to really hit, and it'll have to get in close to attack you anyways. Of course, I can't think of any martial art designed to combat dogs...

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so now we have a small knife, a flare gun, and heavy clothing to absorb the bites.

...I might be able to get a shot off on the Black Shuck with the flare gun, even though it typically leaves behind fire so it wouldn't do anything but maybe disorient it, and stab it a few times, and now it would only two-shot me.

Still, this doubles or quadruples our chances.

@funsiized: Back in?

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Funsiized

@thedarklordpandamonium: Sigh, i guess, though i never worked on my swordplay when Master told me to. But when he says small knife, are we talking a 3 inch blade, or a full on Bowie knife. cause i am from Texas and that's basically all i carry around.

Anyways, if im using a knife, Capoeira is out, it has little to none Weapon tech, and ill be better off with Pencak Silat, yes i learned that but only for 1 month and only the basic forms, Masters idea of "cultural ambiguity" But yeah, your idea seems pretty solid, If you use the Flare gun to disorient it, you'll probably have a split second to attack, but, if that attack misses...