You vs Koba the ape

Lothar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Your goal is to kill or incapacitate Koba the ape. Only knife weapons can be used,no guns.Will you succeed or will Koba be your death?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a shot. I'm quite proficient with throwing knives and Koba isn't that strong, just really agile. Honestly all the apes in that movie had so much Plot-Force.

Hawkman180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how big is the knife If this is allowed I might stand a chance.

No Caption Provided

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have physical disabilities that prevent me from even standing for 10 minutes, then needing to sit or lay down. Depending on the type of ape, he could be stronger or weaker than a grown man (one my size and age). So, it comes down to Koba's feats and whether I can match them with my martial arts and agility.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i die :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

None of you live.....

Why even debate the possibility?

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got this.....I might get maimed tho....I may not be trained in "martial arts" but I am a war vet...and if I can put the knife on the end of a rifle just for the added range would be a huge plus....the intimidation factor of being blitzed by an angry ape does play a factor tho....Either way I'm putting down that damned dirty ape!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone here gets owned.

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

two good sized knives I win, he has to get close

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KingWillie

@firestormfate1919 said:

I've got a shot. I'm quite proficient with throwing knives and Koba isn't that strong, just really agile. Honestly all the apes in that movie had so much Plot-Force.

LMAO at a chimp not being "that strong". any ordinary chimp could tear your arm off hahaha. Even if he wasn't "that strong" he would still be multiple TIMES stronger than you are. Yes, all of us would most likely die a painful,slow, maiming death.

AND, if he's so agile your throwing knives will do jack sh!t against a bloodthirsty killing machine running at you. You probably wouldn't even be able to throw one correctly because you'd be pissing your pants.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of you are winning.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By coolcat4

The truth is that chimps arent actually several times stronger than humans. In a newer study they found out that They are around the same strength or a little stronger. They appear to be much stronger because they have no restraint so they always go 100%, while humans rarely do.

Im alot stronger than the average human so i bet i could match the chimp at least. And since chimps have no real tactics it will be easy to just stab him the moment he comes close. The most dangerous part is not getting bitten.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hypnos0929

I lose because Koba is smart, strong and incredibly agile

Overcast_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can i bring a gun or something

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koba stomps everyone

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By katanalauncher

Lol @ people in this thread thinking they can take a intelligent chimp with no guns.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juiceboks  Moderator

@coolcat4 said:

The truth is that chimps arent actually several times stronger than humans. In a newer study they found out that They are around the same strength or a little stronger. They appear to be much stronger because they have no restraint so they always go 100%, while humans rarely do.

Im alot stronger than the average human so i bet i could match the chimp at least. And since chimps have no real tactics it will be easy to just stab him the moment he comes close. The most dangerous part is not getting bitten.

Link to this study? Because the thicker muscle fibers and overall densely packed muscular system lends great credence to the notion that they are in fact a good degree stronger than most humans. Their lack of inihibition while attacking certainly makes a difference as well, but as far as a 1v1 scenario like in the OP this point is hardly relevant.

Koba stomps. People continue cite real life average chimps as reference for Koba without acknowledging the fact that Koba isn't an average chimp in any way shape or form. He's stronger, much smarter, and arguably more vicious. No one stands a chance.

Darkmagic11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4 said:

Link to this study? Because the thicker muscle fibers and overall densely packed muscular system lends great credence to the notion that they are in fact a good degree stronger than most humans. Their lack of inihibition while attacking certainly makes a difference as well, but as far as a 1v1 scenario like in the OP this point is hardly relevant.

Koba stomps. People continue cite real life average chimps as reference for Koba without acknowledging the fact that Koba isn't an average chimp in any way shape or form. He's stronger, much smarter, and arguably more vicious. No one stands a chance.

With no one you mean the entire of humanity.
There are humans who can do stuff close or even better then animals.
You think a elite athlete or huge person like Shane Carwin (during his MMA) can not produce more power then a ape?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Every user on Comic Vine is a peak human, OP. Dealing with Koba is beneath us.

Don't tarnish our forum with this kind of thread again.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I die but he loses an eye

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't kid yourself

A female teenage chimp could pull your head off and crap down your throat no matter how many five dollar throwing knives you have

Primates are ridiculously strong, Koba should have the strength of an amateur light heavyweight powerlifter

Any human would be annihilated unless your have a heavy duty machete and don't mind losing most of your face and a limb or two

I have physical disabilities that prevent me from even standing for 10 minutes, then needing to sit or lay down. Depending on the type of ape, he could be stronger or weaker than a grown man (one my size and age). So, it comes down to Koba's feats and whether I can match them with my martial arts and agility.

Fabricio Werdum, current UFC Heavyweight champ, six four and 260 pounds and a much, much better fighter than anyone here would last approximately 20 seconds before the monkey is playing catch with his brain

Even the Bjornsson or whatever guy who plays The Mountain on TV would get decapitated

Neither you, I, or anyone here have the slightest chance under these conditions

@coolcat4 said:

Way untrue, there are several reasons

First is motor ability, a chimp can't play guitar or perform open heart surgery but it can sure as hell pull your fingers off... natural selection in humans favoured those with less strength and more precise motor skills... "Our nervous systems exert more control over our muscles, says evolutionary biologist Alan Walker, a professor at Penn State University. Our fine motor control prevents great feats of strength, but allows us to perform delicate and uniquely human tasks, Walker writes in the April issue of the journal Current Anthropology." This is the first reason

Second is how much energy the chimp actually engages in various tasks. A human brain takes up 20% of our caloric intake each day. Chimps and hominidae in general have no need for such high brain usage but do need to swing from trees and whatnot so more of their caloric intake supports muscle and what have you.

Third (sort of) reason are various other bits and bobs... for example, a chance mutation that became prolific and selected for in the gene pool caused our jaw muscles to become less pronounced and less developed, which allowed for our cranium to increase in size, hence our brains... great for chatting on ComicVine, bad for tearing people's faces off with our teeth. Chimps don't share this with us, though, so say hello to Simian-style plastic surgery

Lol @ people in this thread thinking they can take a intelligent chimp with no guns.

Koba stomps everyone

None of you live.....

Why even debate the possibility?

Truth

I lose because Koba is smart, strong and incredibly agile

Even if he were pants on head retarded he'd still waste every single chump on here

@shiryu said:

Every user on Comic Vine is a peak human, OP. Dealing with Koba is beneath us.

Don't tarnish our forum with this kind of thread again.

Exactly. I use this one's nuts as a punching bag every day:

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HeroUp2112

Several things. A. Average chimps are 4 times, yes FOUR TIMES, stronger than an average adult human. I won't try to explain...here.https://www.quora.com/Why-are-chimpanzees-stronger-than-humans.

A human in very good athletic condition, with REAL combat experience (not training), stamina, the works, and a machete, and a long tanto style knife might, I say MIGHT be able to kill a chimp the size of Koba if Koba was a standard ape. We have a much higher intelligence than they do, so we can think up plans, tactics, traps, and the like. That's why we're higher on the food chain.

However, Koba is NOT a regular ape, he can reason, plan, set up traps, use modern weapons, etc. PLUS, he STILL has the ability to go into a blood lusted berserk rage. So, no...every single one of us, not Bruce Lee, not the reigning UFC fighter, not even(dare I say it?) CHUCK NORRIS, would last half a second against Kora. May we rest in piece (and hope he's not hungry after or we'll end up as Chimp pooh) :)

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Several things. A. Average chimps are 4 times, yes FOUR TIMES, stronger than an average adult human. I won't try to explain...here.https://www.quora.com/Why-are-chimpanzees-stronger-than-humans.

A human in very good athletic condition, with REAL combat experience (not training), stamina, the works, and a machete, and a long tanto style knife might, I say MIGHT be able to kill a chimp the size of Koba if Koba was a standard ape. We have a much higher intelligence than they do, so we can think up plans, tactics, traps, and the like. That's why we're higher on the food chain.

However, Koba is NOT a regular ape, he can reason, plan, set up traps, use modern weapons, etc. PLUS, he STILL has the ability to go into a blood lusted berserk rage. So, no...every single one of us, not Bruce Lee, not the reigning UFC fighter, not even(dare I say it?) CHUCK NORRIS, would last half a second against Kora. May we rest in piece (and hope he's not hungry after or we'll end up as Chimp pooh) :)

Basically this

For a human to beat an ape they'd need either

a) At least 3 hours of prep and sufficient tools around, and in an urban environment

or

b) 5 years of MMA, powerlifting, some light body armour and heavy duty knives/machetes

or

c) Several friends

Humans rely on social skills, endurance and prep-time to own other animals

We're not meant for "1v1 me irl" against apes and tigers and whatnot, training and weapons improve our chances

However, barehanded, alone and no prep we are done for

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh... Which one was Koba? Really it doesn't matter I'd get murderstomped mainly because I can't bring myself to hurt mammals.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Koba was the ape that ended up hating Caesar and led the huge battle against the humans at the end of the second Battle of the Apes movie. He was disfigured from human experimentation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Omg I hate Koba I remember him now I wanted to kill him, but I was still sad when he died.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Ahhh, yeah, I know what you mean. On both counts, though I can't say I nearly cried...it was kinda a bummer.

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm dead

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can take him, though anyone else on here gets stomped

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a possibility that us humans can outsmart him. "Smart chimp" is still sub-human in intelligence.

Koba was pretty brutal though... in a straight up physical fight, without guns, yeah, we die.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone get's beaten and bitten to death, probably very painfully. Anyone who claims different is delusional or joking.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koba kills everyone

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tears off my arms and beats me to death with them.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a guy who once worked in a zoo and saw a Normal none Smart chimpanzee cripple a man..... no one here wins.

Was walking back to shift one day after break time (zoo job was freshman year of college and I ran a cart with ice cream) and Someone was cleaning the cage and a chimpanzee attacked and this guy tried his best to fight it off but the damn chimp was going ape shit (pun intended). Hammer fists, biting, all that stuff.

Guy had a broken collar bone, a broken jaw, severe Concussion, left eye swollen and lost some vision, nose was broken and crushed in from the ridge, I believe one of his pinky fingers was snapped, most ribs were bruised and I heard he had cracks as well.

Guy couldn't walk for 6 months and had to wear a mask and neck support as well as have some invasive surgeries. Bad bad day

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I don't think he would be that stupid to get in range of the knife, he will probably pull you by the legs until you can't hold anymore and you're on the ground and then starts tearing you apart. The best a human could do is probably die while fatally wounding him or by miracle someone fatally wounds him, gets severely mauled and crippled, but somehow survives.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 socajunkie  Moderator

Stupid thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points