• 160 results
Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@penderor said:

This is bullshit gauntlet. All what you need to do to point with the weapon in the direction of your opponent and wait until he gets to you.

Maybe if you would give knife for lesser animals and spear for biggers then it could be match.

wa

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously a blood lusted Rottweiler is a major threat, so IMO nobody gets past round one...

If a 9 year old can choke out an enraged pitbull under the right circumstances, a full grown man with a bowie-knife, or morningstar-mace definitely has a shot(assuming he's not a complete pussy).

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the chimpanzee are no match for us if they killed people in the past is because they attacked them in a very large group and the person was scared.

Yeah. 'Cause it makes perfect sense that an animal roughly 8-10 times stronger than the average man(estimated to be able to bench-press 1 ton) and documented as ripping someone's face off, would need to attack in groups. That person must've been such a puss.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stop at 3. There's just no way.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jonez_

I'd stop at 3.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spear is a great weapon against these animals. Honestly most of these weapons make it too easy as they give one advantage or another.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@profz: How is a Cougar hunting for it's prey not bloodlusted and did you even see that guy's face after the attack?

I pointed out that a 61 year old man can kill a cougar with a pocket knife and the only excuse you got for that is "Oh, that cougar probably must be incompetent".

Apparently an adult Cougar who has been hunting for years with success is incompetent.

Jesus Christ man, get a grip on yourself.

And, that scenario is absurd. You are comparing things which are obviously not of the same level. An ashmatic Hemophiliac with brittle bones would die within 5 seconds of a fight, it does not however mangle half of my face, dislodge my eyes from my sockets, tear off my scalp and force me too get hundreds of stitches from reconstructive surgery.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I clear after a hard fight.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato: Are you bloodlusted when you are out for a hunt? There is a huge difference between being in a berserker rage and being a methodical and calculated killer. Also, are you confident that most of the people on this forum COULD survive the amount of damage that the man went through for the win? I am saying WITH confidence that giving a Knife to someone who (in all likelihood) is untrained with it's use as a deadly weapon and have them face off against an animal who GREW UP WITH knives attached to their damn paws is a mismatch. I don't care how badass you feel behind a computer screen, when that Cougar pounces on you from 40 feet away and hits you with the force of an NFL linebacker, you are going to feel it. Wind knocked out of you? GG Clamps down on the arm wielding the knife? GG

I am NOT saying that you couldn't pull a lucky win, hell the cougar could glance off you and smash into a rock or something dazing it which would leave you with an easy execution kill. That isn't very likely however and I prefer to be REALISTIC when thinking about these matters. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, a cougar will kill a human with a bowie knife.

Regular_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodlusted? I really don't think I'd make it past the pitbull. The thing will just tank whatever hits it needs to in order to get at me. I could probably do enough damage to have it bleed out over time, but probably not enough to stop it from doing the same to me.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Chimpanzee's really that strong, lol?

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love battles like these, you always get to see the comic vine warriors.

I hope you guys understand the difference of facing an animal that is trying to attack you and facing a bloodlusted animal that is trying to attack you.

All this talk of being martial arts experts is all BS. Anyone with even the remote signs of training knows that in a battle of brawn's, the last thing you're going to be thinking about is whether or not to do a double 360 backflip kick on a mountain lion.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I stop at the Gorilla. Expect to be heavily injured in round 2 and possibly 3. The Chimp would be easiest to kill for me (Fencing lessons). I have serious doubts I could significantly damage the Gorilla before it mauled me. The broadsword is around 5 pounds with a 35 inch reach. Without extensive training I say the Gorilla (Angrily) reaches you before you incapacitate it. If I manage to land a killing blow somehow round 6 would entirely depend on the handgun and ammo.

Linark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None without a lot of military and weapon use will pass the gorila stage. No one. Those who think they can are delusional. Even 2 is hard for a lot.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:

I hope you guys understand the difference of facing an animal that is trying to attack you and facing a bloodlusted animal that is trying to attack you.

All this talk of being martial arts experts is all BS. Anyone with even the remote signs of training knows that in a battle of brawn's, the last thing you're going to be thinking about is whether or not to do a double 360 backflip kick on a mountain lion.

Exactly.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:

This.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao. Seriously most of you people couldn't fight off a rabid raccoon lets stop with the nonsense.

@aeon-rising said:

I think I stop at the Gorilla. Expect to be heavily injured in round 2 and possibly 3. The Chimp would be easiest to kill for me (Fencing lessons). I have serious doubts I could significantly damage the Gorilla before it mauled me. The broadsword is around 5 pounds with a 35 inch reach. Without extensive training I say the Gorilla (Angrily) reaches you before you incapacitate it. If I manage to land a killing blow somehow round 6 would entirely depend on the handgun and ammo.

Unless you have previously fenced with a chimp you are getting stomped.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz: Don't judge me, you don't know me and the shit I grew up doing.

Also that is a 61 YEAR OLD man, are you telling me that a younger male with a spear even if he is just in average fitness would lose to a 61 year old foreman with a pocket knife?

And lastly, you have proven yourself to be an idiot who knows only how to make scenarios and form comparisons that are obviously hyperbole.

We are done here, good day sir.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 rogueshadow  Moderator

I've been to ma clubs over the years with my friends, fenced and used to play rugby, I would be dead by round 3, if I managed to miraculously survive round 3, I would suffer an incredibly violent death at the hands of a chimpanzee.

People are crazy thinking they can clear this unless they are ultra badasses.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Aeon-Rising

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Lmfao. Seriously most of you people couldn't fight off a rabid raccoon lets stop with the nonsense.

@aeon-rising said:

Since when is a chimp immune to severe puncture damage? What feats does any chimp have against a average fencer let alone anyone with a sword? Any decent fencer (Someone who's experience extends passed plastic light sabers in the back yard) should be able to win but animals are unpredictable especially blood-lusted ones so I calculated what I thought was reasonable odds. I'd wager I could disable a crazed chimp at least 7-10 times. A rapier is 39 inches long and chimps need to get up close. 1 good thrust should do the trick.

It's pretty easy to troll and say nobody on here could realistically beat any of these animals but that's just being as equally narrow minded to those you're calling out. All we can do is speculate given the weapons listed. You're making it sound like these animals have actual combat experience against any of this stuff.
A chimp is not instinctively going to know how to counter a ******* rapier.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato: And you have proven yourself to be someone who can only debate by insulting the other person. You are right, we ARE done here. Have a fantastic day, and do try and get some perspective.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz: So says the idiot, good day sir.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@aeon-rising said:

Since when is a chimp immune to severe puncture damage? What feats does any chimp have against a average fencer let alone anyone with a sword? Any decent fencer (Someone who's experience extends passed plastic light sabers in the back yard) should be able to win but animals are unpredictable especially blood-lusted ones so I calculated what I thought was reasonable odds. I'd wager I could disable a crazed chimp at least 7-10 times. A rapier is 39 inches long and chimps need to get up close. 1 good thrust should do the trick.

It's pretty easy to troll and say nobody on here could realistically beat any of these animals but that's just being as equally narrow minded to those you're calling out. All we can do is speculate given the weapons listed. You're making it sound like these animals have actual combat experience against any of this stuff.

Chimps are faster, stronger and far more durable than a human. If you honestly think you are going to take down a full-grown male chimp with just a rapier you are obviously kidding yourself. These animals are brutal in the wild eating their own kind not too mention killing people. Sure you may get lucky and kill the chimp but that'll be after he tears off your face and genitals. This is real life not a comic battle.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Aeon-Rising

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@aeon-rising said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@aeon-rising said:

Chimps are faster, stronger and far more durable than a human. If you honestly think you are going to take down a full-grown male chimp with just a rapier you are obviously kidding yourself. These animals are brutal in the wild eating their own kind not too mention killing people. Sure you may get lucky and kill the chimp but that'll be after he tears off your face and genitals. This is real life not a comic battle.

This is completely irrelevant per the battle stipulations you only need to win. They don't have tough hide or some invisible shell over it's internal organs. You're crazy if you think Chimps know Kung Fu and are going to pull off some Spiderman dodge feats before I manage to impale it or severely wound it.

I'm done arguing about this particular round. Not unlike someone who has no prior knowledge of one of the combatants (Namely me as this is a self evaluation battle) you're basing this fight purely on you're own knowledge of Chimp fighting abilities which is almost certainty minimal at best. All I can say is you're either severely overestimating a chimps durability or underestimating the rapier.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@potato said:

@profz: So says the idiot, good day sir.

Flagged :( I really didn't do anything to deserve this...

Anyways I stand by my comment from earlier, 50-50 for the cougar and most likely stomped in all other rounds after. Second run through could be a bit more interesting...possibility of passing round 4 there (like 3/10).

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@aeon-rising said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@aeon-rising said:

This is completely irrelevant per the battle stipulations you only need to win. They don't have tough hide or some invisible shell over it's internal organs. You're crazy if you think Chimps know Kung Fu and are going to pull off some Spiderman dodge feats before I manage to impale it or severely wound it.

I'm done arguing about this particular round. Not unlike someone who has no prior knowledge of one of the combatants (Namely me as this is a self evaluation battle) you're basing this fight purely on you're own knowledge of Chimp fighting abilities which is almost certainty minimal at best.

Lmfao. I think you are overestimating yourself a tad there son. Sure you could probably whoop someones ass with a rapier but not a chimp. Chimps don't need Kung Fu, weapons or anything else a human needs. Honestly you're making yourself sound ignorant of what chimps are actually and factually capable of. Like I said before you may make contact with the chimp but you'll be dead shortly after. You can't win if you're dead.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Stops at 3

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Aeon-Rising

Just out of curiosity how do YOU know what a chimp is capable of against a real weapon? It's not like their are a plethora of documented cases of them tanking sword hits or disabling armed opponents. A chimp can severely mess up a unarmed human being there is no question. But they have no real combat technique in this kind of battle and would likely just rush right into harms way. They die to Leopards despite being stronger due to a lack of defensive capability. They are not martial artists and are just as susceptible to a blade as they are to sharp teeth I can assure you.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ProfZ

@aeon-rising: Well to be fair, they die to leopards because they are designed to kill large animals. I mean primates are a huge part of their preferred diet, albeit they kill by stalking, pouncing, then throat and neck biting. But that's besides the point, do we actually know how a chimp will fair against a real weapon? No. What you can speculate is that a human can persevere with an injury from impalement (if it is not in a vital area). Unless you are able to get a killing blow on this Chimp before it gets it's hands on you, you are in for a world of hurt. Lets say we pierce the chimp and it gets into close range and tears your face off. Now you have blood in your eyes so you cannot see. The chimp then goes for other vital areas (mainly the groin because they love to do it so much in the wild...) Now you are without a groin area. You most likely pass out from immense pain. IF the chimp can still move from it's injuries it kills you. If not, then it bleeds out and you MIGHT not bleed out as well.

Other scenario: Chimp charges you and you manage to pierce it's heart, one of it's lungs, throat, etc. (Vital stab) The chimp will be extraordinarily injured and may not be able to land any effective blows on you. That's a win for the human. This is why I can see it going two ways, although the human's risk is much higher. They HAVE to land the hit with a weapon to be successful. You aren't going to kill a chimp in hand to hand combat most likely.

This is assuming that you will get past round 3 with a freaking mountain lion. The spear has one killing edge and a point at that. A mountain lion is incredibly agile and slender. Hitting one as it charges you at around 40 mph is going to be...tough to say the least. If you don't get AT LEAST a glancing blow then you are going to be mauled in short order. Since this animal is bloodlusted, it is not going to be deterred by taking some damage. (As the one with the famed story of the 61 year old man and the knife). This thing won't let up, it will try its hardest to kill you until you kill it. All it realistically takes is one clean swipe from it's claws to disembowel you. Thats a kill. Slitting your throat? A kill. ANY neck bite in general will be a kill as well. (Their favorite way to kill btw). Having been bit by a Rotweiler IRL, I can tell you that when one of those clamps down...its incredibly painful. From the research that I have done, it seems that the bite force of a ML will be at least similar if not greater.

All in all, our best weapon in this gauntlet would be our brains. We have to think in a way that gives us an advantage against this animal. Closed horizontal spaces with a spear, close quarters with the bowie knife (while sacrificing a non-vital area of our own bodies most likely) and keeping at a distance with the gun.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Aeon-Rising

@profz said:

@aeon-rising: Well to be fair, they die to leopards because they are designed to kill large animals. I mean primates are a huge part of their preferred diet, albeit they kill by stalking, pouncing, then throat and neck biting. But that's besides the point, do we actually know how a chimp will fair against a real weapon? No. What you can speculate is that a human can persevere with an injury from impalement (if it is not in a vital area). Unless you are able to get a killing blow on this Chimp before it gets it's hands on you, you are in for a world of hurt. Lets say we pierce the chimp and it gets into close range and tears your face off. Now you have blood in your eyes so you cannot see. The chimp then goes for other vital areas (mainly the groin because they love to do it so much in the wild...) Now you are without a groin area. You most likely pass out from immense pain. IF the chimp can still move from it's injuries it kills you. If not, then it bleeds out and you MIGHT not bleed out as well.

Other scenario: Chimp charges you and you manage to pierce it's heart, one of it's lungs, throat, etc. (Vital stab) The chimp will be extraordinarily injured and may not be able to land any effective blows on you. That's a win for the human. This is why I can see it going two ways, although the human's risk is much higher. They HAVE to land the hit with a weapon to be successful. You aren't going to kill a chimp in hand to hand combat most likely.

This is assuming that you will get past round 3 with a freaking mountain lion. The spear has one killing edge and a point at that. A mountain lion is incredibly agile and slender. Hitting one as it charges you at around 40 mph is going to be...tough to say the least. If you don't get AT LEAST a glancing blow then you are going to be mauled in short order. Since this animal is bloodlusted, it is not going to be deterred by taking some damage. (As the one with the famed story of the 61 year old man and the knife). This thing won't let up, it will try its hardest to kill you until you kill it. All it realistically takes is one clean swipe from it's claws to disembowel you. Thats a kill. Slitting your throat? A kill. ANY neck bite in general will be a kill as well. (Their favorite way to kill btw). Having been bit by a Rotweiler IRL, I can tell you that when one of those clamps down...its incredibly painful. From the research that I have done, it seems that the bite force of a ML will be at least similar if not greater.

All in all, our best weapon in this gauntlet would be our brains. We have to think in a way that gives us an advantage against this animal. Closed horizontal spaces with a spear, close quarters with the bowie knife (while sacrificing a non-vital area of our own bodies most likely) and keeping at a distance with the gun.

A good example of how most of these animals could kill you quite easily. They are however animals and not invulnerable by any means. Any fight could go either way given a mistake from either party. I think on my best day I could manage a few victories from Rotweiler to Chimp until I ran into a Gorilla and **** my pants. It's also feasible to go down in the first round if you underestimate the beast for even a second. Animals are so unpredictable you can only speculate and hope you're smarter then they are. A blood lusted animal should not be able to tactical out maneuver you but who knows how clear you're mind is going to be in the moment.

Moving on I'd like to hear from someone who thinks they are getting passed rounds 5 and up.

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aeon-rising: I 100% agree with that. When it comes down to the actual moment of life or death, it all depends on if you can hold your own mentally. I agree that on my best day I could probably get to the Gorilla too. And yes, the prospect of something that size with the sole intention of killing me is really terrifying. Gorilla are just way too strong. I think the key to this is perseverance and being honest about your own mentality. I think I could probably pass the chimp with some pretty bad injuries. There is just no way in hell I could pass the Gorilla though with what is provided. Lol

If by some miracle that I did, then the grizzly bear is not being stopped by a handgun (unless it's a .357 Mag or better and you can get a few rounds into it). In the wild most of these animals, if they attacked you, would be deterred by taking damage (as this prevents them from having successful future hunts.) In this case, not so much. The idea of an animal that is better biologically equipped (claws, bite force, teeth, fast twitch muscles) to kill not shying away is terrifying.

Aeon-Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz said:

@aeon-rising: I 100% agree with that. When it comes down to the actual moment of life or death, it all depends on if you can hold your own mentally. I agree that on my best day I could probably get to the Gorilla too. And yes, the prospect of something that size with the sole intention of killing me is really terrifying. Gorilla are just way too strong. I think the key to this is perseverance and being honest about your own mentality. I think I could probably pass the chimp with some pretty bad injuries. There is just no way in hell I could pass the Gorilla though with what is provided. Lol

If by some miracle that I did, then the grizzly bear is not being stopped by a handgun (unless it's a .357 Mag or better and you can get a few rounds into it). In the wild most of these animals, if they attacked you, would be deterred by taking damage (as this prevents them from having successful future hunts.) In this case, not so much. The idea of an animal that is better biologically equipped (claws, bite force, teeth, fast twitch muscles) to kill not shying away is terrifying.

Yeah thankfully you're healed after the fights. I imagine you get severely hurt in each round unless you're incredibly lucky with you're first attack. I think a blood lusted Grizzly has to be one of the scariest things to be chased by on planet earth. Most hand guns are just going to severely piss it off and a broad sword isn't doing anything. Even if you're a good swordsman it can overpower and kill you in so many ways. I'd rather have the spear back tbh.

Shamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Starbucks to buy my clear reward coffee

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#135 SC  Moderator

@potato said:

@potato said:

So says the idiot

Not an appropriate way to address other users. Its okay to disagree with other users, even strongly, but no one should be resorting to petty personal insults. Please remember that for the future thank you.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stop at 1. I've never used a mace in my life, let alone a morningstar. I think I would fare better with a knife. Anyway, I stop at 1.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm reporting all of you to PETA.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By XiiX

Are Chimpanzee's really that strong, lol?

Several times as strong as a man. So, yes.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By thelocust619

@aeon-rising: A chimp is not instinctively going to know how to counter a ******* rapier

No, but a bloodlusted chimp isn't gonna give a crap if it gets hurt n just snatch the rapier from your hands with its AMPLIFIED 5-8x human-strength. A rapier is a piercing weapon, not one for cutting. And its a dinky one. You would have literally no defense, n your one shot would be to get an instant kill with dumb luck, even if you hit an artery nothing is going to stop it from taking your toy and shoving it up your arse before it bleeds out. Of course, that's if you're even strong enough to pierce its muscle while its moving n flailing at you....and accurate enough. Just no.

I'd kill myself with the rapier, cuz those things like to go for the balls. :(

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aeon-rising: blood lusted animal should not be able to tactical out maneuver you but who knows how clear you're mind is going to be in the moment.

You are not rope-a-doping a mountain lion, chimp, gorilla, or a bear. Especially bloodlusted. No matter how slick you think you are, clear head or not. These things can all move faster than you can.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone that said they could kill a mountain lion with a sharp stick is either delusional, or just being funny for the sake of the thread.

Mauled by Mountain Lion R.I.P.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Rotweiler-Mace/Morningstar

as a nabhour to of a family with 3 rotweilrs and seeing it rip the fuck out of my plastic bucket and seeing chase the life out of you , i'd say screw this and buy a shotgun .

but in a life or death situation i'd say i would kill it in 2 stricks to its fucking skull.

2. Pit-Bull-Bowie Knife

would kill it but would have lost a lot of blood and chunk of flesh...(honestly ...dags eat through bones).

if not treated soon i would die in the next 30-45 mins

3. Mountain Lion/Cougar-Spear

i just had this dream...well in it , it was a actual fucking alpha lion chaseing me...like hey were everywhere in the field.

i punched it in the face and ran : ) while it started eating me in the next second.

moral :don't sleep while watching jumanji.

4. Chimpanzee-Rapier

sure i punched a lion in the face i can take on a chimp...

well at least a infant.(*uses the shot gun)

5. Silverback Gorilla-Broadsword

i once saw a video of a gorilla taking revenge on a another goriila ...it ripped the balls of it

x_x...i would rather take my chances with the dog with no weapon than a big ass ape.

6. Grizzly Bear-Handgun

• win win win : ) ..*climbs a tree and shoots it in the head*
  • plays dead and seeing me the bare realises what horrible thing it did and commits sucide on the highway.
  • exchange the gun for a picknic basket ,give it to yogi and get the fuck out of there.

7.........right.....

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A chimpanzee would be harder to fight than a gorilla.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably wouldn't past round 1 with a mace.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stop at 2, 3 or 4.

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get killed at 1.

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: round one, clarify what weapon I get to use against a raging silver back..

Round two, it's safe to say we all would stop at the Gorilla... just too much power.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I prolly stop at pitbull.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By XLR87T3

Everyone stops at the cougar, unless you are a woman or smallish man, in which case the pitbull can literally bite your head and arms off. Cougars are faster and quicker than wolves, and that alone should be enough to explain why they curbstomp any human.