• 160 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Wouldn't be surprised if something like this has been done before, but nevertheless here is a gauntlet for you to run against some very unhappy animals. You go through the gauntlet twice. First time through you get a specific weapon for each fight. Second time through you get only a spear and a bowie knife for every fight. You are fully healed at the start of each round.

The rounds (and weapon load-outs for the first time through) are:

1. Rotweiler-Mace/Morningstar

2. Pit-Bull-Bowie Knife

3. Mountain Lion/Cougar-Spear

4. Chimpanzee-Rapier

5. Silverback Gorilla-Broadsword

6. Grizzly Bear-Handgun

7. Wolverine-Revolver

Can you do it?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stop at the chimpanzee or gorilla.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Stops at Gorilla

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what some of these weapons are but I clear with ease.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Yeah, bloodlusted Chimpanzees are pretty terrifying. I noticed you didn't think you might stop at the Mountain Lion though. Why is that?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever says they're getting past a pit-bull with a bowie knife and isn't being an internet nerd has my respect. Shudder* I stop at 2.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Though I would be afraid,I would wait for the lion to attack and bait it into attacking.With the spear and it's range,get a clean shot through the throat or head or vital area ftw.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Couldn't you employ a similar strategy against the apes? You do get a sword in both after all, and the rapier is ideal for thrusting.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Rapiers don't got the range of a spear and Chimpanzees are agile motherf- um apes.With the gorilla,I sh!t myself at the thought of taking it on lol

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

I doubt most people would get past a Pit Bull even with a Bowie knife..a Chimp would tear our arms off.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@juiceboks: I think a big and durable enough person can get in enough stabs on the dog before it does enough damage. A bowie knife is pretty big and does a lot of damage.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's why I freely admitted to dying at the Pit Bull.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

Chimps are 8x stronger than humans and can and have literally ripped people's limbs apart. They've torn off car doors easily. Gorilla's are much stronger than Chimps in addition. I'd stop at 3.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I clear.

I'm a Wolverine.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shroudofsorrow

I'm thinking I should probably switch rounds 3 and 4 around.

@wolverine08: Heh, heh, heh...

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fodder76

I'm sure there are some military personnel here that could clear like sharpshooters, snipers, and military combat trained hand to hand experts but me a lazy slightly overweight 16 year old male that spends his days going from a political simulator game to CV would not get past 2. ;c

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stops at 3 wtf i cant use a spear and mountain lions are terrifying

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You made it past the pit bull? Respect earned.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stops at the chimp. They are terrifying

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimps and Gorrilas go apeshit(lol) ballistic when they fight, not to mention they are way stronger than even a huge human. Those things are horrifying. The last two should be switched with them honestly, if you know how to use a gun at all neither one of them should be a problem. The Wolverine might be tough to hit because they're so tiny, but even if it got up to you and took a chomp you can still shoot it point blank, it's not gonna be able to kill you instantly like the bear might be able to, you would have a chunk taken out of your leg but ultimately be in no extreme danger.

Also, mountain lions are underrated.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of what I was thinking. Lol everybody just ignored the Mountain Lion and went straight for apes. XD

kirbylfth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clear all but the apes, and maybe clear them with prep time and some weapon training. the apes should definitely be last, I seriously doubt many people could handle either one of them without serious training in both handling the weapons and knowing what decisions to make in such a situation.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also can't grizzly's tank handguns? XD

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

yes, but not to the face

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you're a good enough marksmen to hit one in the face as its charging directly at you.

/Respect

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

@beezlebub said:

yes, but not to the face

They actually can..their skin, fat, and fur even on their face acts as pretty damn good body armor.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of what I thought. Also how many of you really in real stand up to these animals charging at you without pissing your pants or at least trembling in fear? Not me. :(

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stop at the gorilla.

kirbylfth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kirbylfth

probably should also add what type of hand gun, and revolver, a .400 .454 or .500 will stop a bear and I think they have special 44 mag loads now as well

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nyas

Even if I were to win, I would be in no condition to fight after round 2... Fully healed or not. I doubt many people could take the mental pressure of facing a mountain lion, especially after just experiencing what a much smaller bloodlusted pitbull could do. And there is no way in hell you are beating one with a spear unless you are trained, or ridiculously lucky... You people are underestimating this gauntlet too much.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas: Idk how one's mental state would break to the point you're implying. We're the ones trying to survive here, you're making it seem as though a person would just give up. I don't feel much training would be needed with a weapon considering most people should know the purpose of these weapons. This isn't even taking adrenaline levels into account. If I see a bloodlusted animal attacking me and I have no way to escape I will fight for my life.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would run.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nyas

@darthaznable said:

@nyas: Idk how one's mental state would break to the point you're implying. We're the ones trying to survive here, you're making it seem as though a person would just give up. I don't feel much training would be needed with a weapon considering most people should know the purpose of these weapons. This isn't even taking adrenaline levels into account. If I see a bloodlusted animal attacking me and I have no way to escape I will fight for my life.

You don't need to be mentally broken, being demoralized/stressed is more than enough, the moment you lose your cool it's all over... human beings aren't as though as you might think they are, using a spear would require timing, sturdy hands/arms and legs, without training the best you could manage is snapping your fingers when luckily stabbing...

And you are seriously overestimating adrenaline, it wouldn't give you any superstrength, even with increased reflexes the best you could manage is landing the hit, then losing your balance from the force of the animal's attack.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys I don't think most of us get past the pit bull...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nyas: I think you're more so underestimating what people are capable of. I doubt you know whether or not these users have sturdy hands. If there are martial artists on here that have used a staff or something similar, I'm sure they'd be able to adjust when needed. I never said adrenaline wouldn't give you super-strength or anything close (It would enhance what you're physically capable of for a time however) to that but it would give you the edge with the sudden urge of energy. When people are running off adrenaline stuff like pain isn't registered until after you've calmed down. I don't think people are underestimating the gauntlet, rather you are underestimating people (you don't know at that).

kirbylfth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kirbylfth

anyone who's had to deal with feral dogs/ coyotes with a big knife or any object or weapon close by should know how to deal with the pit bull, then again iam basing this off the area where I live and have had to stand ground with animals and or intimidate them away. its also not uncommon to carry a side arm when hunting wading streams or just strolling the property around here. iam also in ky with really lax gun laws

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your a gang member aren't you? XD

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Stops at the grizzly bear, I think the weapons provided would be sufficient to kill the animal in all of the scenarios except this one.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the people actually doing this are capable of holding those weapons? Lol.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub: Actually looking at the Rottweiler....I morningstar is not something I'd wanna use lmao. Everything else up to the grizzly bear is manageable.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could take it out with a morning star but only because I used one before lol.

kirbylfth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kirbylfth

lol not a gang member, farming mostly, slowed that down a lot and now I do some mechanicing. I have had to deal with wild animals and know mostly what to do in such a situation though.

Nyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nyas

@darthaznable said:

@nyas: 1)I think you're more so underestimating what people are capable of. I doubt you know whether or not these users have sturdy hands. If there are martial artists on here that have used a staff or something similar, I'm sure they'd be able to adjust when needed.

2) I never said adrenaline wouldn't give you super-strength or anything close (It would enhance what you're physically capable of for a time however) to that but it would give you the edge with the sudden urge of energy. When people are running off adrenaline stuff like pain isn't registered until after you've calmed down.

3)I don't think people are underestimating the gauntlet, rather you are underestimating people (you don't know at that).

1) clearly stated "unless you are trained" so this part is irrelevant since you are talking about what martial artists could do.

2) What edge ? Do you have the leg strength to tank the force of an animal leaping 40 feet in one sweep ? If you do congratulations, If you don't then you aren't going to inflict any significant damage since you would lose your balance... and with a spear you've got pretty much just one try..

Do you have the reflexes and dexterity to stab the vitals of the animals when attacking ? If you do congratulations, If you don't then you won't stand a chance.

And pain has nothing to do with this.

3)You are the one who said you could beat the chimpanzee lol I don't know what you are capable of, but I wouldn't bet on that. You need to realize that talking about this while sitting comfortable in your house isn't the same as actually facing the animal.

Anyway I'll stop here, I don't see why we should discuss this, If you think you can win good for you.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DarthAznable
No Caption Provided

@nyas: All I'll acknowledge from that is pain tolerance is very important but good on ya mate. Have a nice day.

@beezlebub I've only used a mace once...and I accidently sprayed myself in the eyes :P

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: They're super heavy but I got used to using a lighter version of it a medieval fair.