Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By unknownperson123

Round one: saberfight

Round two: force

Round three: all out

Bonus round: Ki Adi is added to Jedi Team. It is also an all out round.

*All of these characters are ROTS version.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@unknownperson123: team 2, because yoda will keep mace alive while dooku won't give a jack about dooku. Sidious could very easily just do what he did in their clone wars vision fight when yoda beat him and hold anakin as hostage and way to force yoda to tank his lightning.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mace chops Dooku down while Yoda and Sidious are busy then both of them kill Sidious.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknownperson123

Mace chops Dooku down while Yoda and Sidious are busy then both of them kill Sidious.

mace without amp likely only edges dooku due to physicals, not that it matters, both can't hope to react to sidious and yoda. If yoda gains any edge, this happens:

Loading Video...

2:10-3:30

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@kbroskywalker: The only thing is though that its Mace Windu helping Yoda not RotS Anakin and Mace>>>>Anakin. Not to mention Mace outclassed Sidious in the very same movie with his saber skills.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jooosh1996: that was due to an amp, before he couldn't even REACT to sidious. And mace never "outclassed" sidious.

Mace>>>>Anakin.

No. If there is an edge, its MARGINAL.

Avatar image for tchallaisopness
TchallaisOpness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TchallaisOpness

@kbroskywalker: Is that why Mace stomped Sidious in ROTS?

Cmon man. Team 1 takes handily

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Azronger

Round 1: Yoda and Windu. Yoda has already defeated Sidious in a strict lightsaber duel, and Windu and Dooku are factual equals.

Rounds 2 and 3: Sidious solos. Windu is a non-factor and he deals with Yoda the same way as in the movie. Add to the fact that Yoda and Windu have no actual way to kill Sidious, other than their lightsabers, which are neutralized by his Force lightning.

Bonus: Sidious still solos, for the same reasons as above.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: If he could've killed Yoda, he would've done it. But he didn't. So, it was (arguably) a stalemate.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sidious wins all rounds.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Geistalt

@jooosh1996 said:

^This.

mace without amp likely only edges dooku due to physicals, not that it matters, both can't hope to react to sidious and yoda. If yoda gains any edge, this happens:

Loading Video...

Mace is stronger and more experienced than Anakin, and what makes you think he wouldn't receive a similar amp from fighting Tyranus?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Azronger

@geistalt: Just by watching the movie you'd know Yoda escaped, lol. Are you implying that Sidious cannot kill Yoda with the Force?

GLCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GLCorps

Round 1: Team Joda and Windu take it.

Round 2: Sidious and Dooku will ultimately win. Too powerful. Though I haven't seen or read anything about how powerful Mace Windu is with the force.

Round 3: Windu beat Sidious in the lightsaber duel when latter was using his Sith powers, struck down 3 other Jedi masters and tried to electrocute Windu, yet he lost fair and square - and no I don't buy any of those fan theories regarding Sidiout doing that on purpose lol he was fighting for his life. Windu just proved to be a very tough opponent. I consider Yoda overall more powerful than Dooku. Tough fight, ultimately it could go either way but I give it to Yoda and Windu.

Bonus round: now that's just unfair.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geistalt

@azronger: He certainly can't kill him in time to deal with Mace, and, if he did, Mace'd already have the prep he'd need to pose a threat to him by virtue of having warmed up against another dark-sider.

Belakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Belakor

@geistalt said:
@jooosh1996 said:

^This.

@kbroskywalker said:

Loading Video...

Mace is stronger and more experienced than Anakin, and what makes you think he wouldn't receive a similar amp from fighting Tyranus?

Mace's amp vs Palpatine was a circumstantial massive amp. It's not like he can get that kind of amp whenever he wants

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Geistalt

@belakor: It wouldn't be as strong, but Mace's combat style was DESIGNED to guarantee he'd get that kind of amp from dueling dark-siders.

Belakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt said:

@belakor: It wouldn't be as strong, but Mace's combat style was DESIGNED to guarantee he'd get that kind of amp from dueling dark-siders.

We agree on that. But it's hard to tell how strong a casual amp vs a dark-side user could be.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: Mace doesn't get any sort of random amps from fighting darksiders. Read Silver2467's blog "Mace Windu vs Darth Sidious - What Really Happened" on the subject.

Mace is a non-factor and will be one-shot by lightning.

Deathstroke_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deathstroke_50

Team 2.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In rounds one and three, Mace holds Palpatine off while Yoda stomps Dooku. They then proceed to defeat Darth Sidious. Round two would be a decisive victory for Palpatine's team.

The bonus round is unnecessary.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: His performance in Episode III (you know; the one where he not only blocked, but REFLECTED Palpatine's lightning) says otherwise.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfTheLight

Pretty much decisive win for team 1 in rounds 2 and 3. Windu is decisively above Dooku in the force, and slightly less skilled. Team 2 should take lightsabers on account of this. Other than that Yoda is roughly either equal to or slightly lesser than Sidious in the force. The gap is minimal. The same can't be said of Windu and Dooku, where I view the gap to be quite a bit. Yoda holds off Sidious, long enough for Windu to dispatch Dooku and come to his aid. From then on, it is a pretty straightforward win for team 1.

@azronger I think the fact that Mace wasn't one shot by lightning, just struggled with it( obviously), and the fact that he almost completely deflected a force blast from Darth Sidious while dueling, that would have flung him like a ragdoll out of the Chancellor's Office, do not quite tally up with your observation. You are actually giving him far less credit than he deserves.

@geistalt The reflection actually took place due to Vaapad, as it is stated that it is a superconducting loop that channels the darkness into and out of the Vaapad user, back to its source. Nevertheless, the fact that Mace faced the lightning for quite some time, is pretty impressive. He is significantly more powerful than what most people in general give him credit for. I rank him as above Anakin( probably slightly), and below Vader.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Mace is potentially fighting Sidious here arguably brings the amp into play.

Even then, while the specific circumstances of that encounter led to an amplification of Mace's inner darkness through the internal loop of Vaapad. Mace should still be able to get a boost and become at least contendable with the external loop alone despite the energy run-off. Meaning he could potentially occupy Sidious long enough for Yoda to settle things with his old padawan.

I'll side with team 1 for now

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: @geistalt: Yeah, when he was amped beyond Sidious' level, and still admitted he was being overpowered.

Normal Windu is Dooku-level, and gets one-shot.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: Even if the amp came into play, Sidious could still solo everyone (Dooku and Ki-Adi-Mundi included) with a Force Lightning Storm.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@azronger Normal Windu is above Dooku, and while not on the level of Yoda/Sidious, is still a force to be reckoned with.

No, Vaapad only allowed him to duel Sidious as equals or exceed him in that department. His force attacks and defenses were his own, which explains why he was getting overwhelmed by lightning, and why he barely managed to defend against the blast. Vaapad allowed him to exceed Sidious as a duelist, which is why he won the lightsaber based battle( disregegarding the obviously false theories that state Palpatine losing on purpose, it is canonically verified), but was overpowered in the force based one. The only contribution of Vaapad was is his being able to deflect the lightning back to Sidious( which by the way only managed to increase its intensity, as Sidious "fed the power with his pain"). He too was facing the brunt of the lightning, and having to defend himself from it, and the fact that he did very well( even though he lost), and that he managed to deflect the blast previously( in other words, managed to actually face his attacks, something in which Dooku has been literally stomped in), shows why he is still extremely powerful. That and his excellent feats, and the dozens of quotes outright comparing him to Yoda, and assertions from GL himself on this, put him above the likes of Obi Wan, Dooku, and Anakin, and second to only Yoda in the Jedi Order.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jedi win the sabers only round. The Sith take the Force and All Out rounds.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi win force and all out, Sith win sabers.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Geistalt

@lordofthelight: The Sith DON'T win sabers; not when Dooku uses the Force to amplify his physical strength and speed.

Round 1: Jedi

Round 2: Sith

Round 3: (probably) Jedi

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Azronger

@lordofthelight: Whether he's Dooku-level or not, he still gets one-shot.

Windu was Sidious' perfect equal, and only surpassed him when amped even further by Anakin's fear. Whether Sidious threw the fight or not is irrelevant (and not confirmed in any source, btw. George Lucas and the new Canon have excplicitly left it open for discussion).

Why would Windu's Physical Augmentation be his only amped ability? That doesn't make any sense. Regardless, it's irrelevant, since whether or not his powers were amped or not, he still died from the lightning, even though he negated some of it with Tutaminis. Here he cannot even negate the energy, because he can't react to the lightning, meaning he will surely be one-shot.

And why would Windu be unable to react to his lightning, you ask. A combat-ready Yoda with his lightsaber drawn, couldn't do so in two sources - the movie and the novel - so how would Windu be able to, when he couldn't even initially react to Sidious' lightsaber moves? Which leads me to my next point:

The amp is not instantaneous. It required some time to take effect. Sidious was able to cut down two of Windu's comrades before he could react, and managed to outmanuever Windu, but didn't take the killing blow in the movie. Only after did the amp fully take effect. Here he will not hesitate to kill Windu - whether by lightsaber or by the Force.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt I view Dooku to be above Windu in sheer skill, which is enough for Sith to take it, since Yoda and Sidious are perfectly matched in that aspect. Force wise, Windu is above Dooku. There are literally tons of arguments and feats, accolades, sources, that imply this, and not enough time for me to list out them all. Windu is not complete fodder when compared to Yoda or Sidious, he is still third only to Yoda or Sidious in the prequel trilogy( no Plagueis). Windu will finish Dooku, in time for Yoda to hold off Sidious, and then team Jedi win.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Geistalt

@lordofthelight: I always felt he was somewhere between Mace and Yoda in terms of Force strength, and, despite having decades' worth of knowledge and expertise, a fair bit shy of Mace (and Yoda) lightsaber-wise; on top of that, he uses the Force to enhance his strength and speed, so he'd probably be the first to go down if it was sabers-only.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger Yet a Sidious, who just blasted Yoda back, got clean ragdolled across the room, and was unable to react. No, Yoda did react in the novel and clean deflected the lightning, it could not be clearer. It did not take any time at all, since the 2 Jedi were outright blitzed, and Sidious was immediately upon him, and Fisto( who couldn't do more than deflect one or two strikes).

It makes sense, because Windu was not only matching, but edging Palpatine in sabers. In the force, it was all he could do to stay alive( which is still extremely impressive). Not to mention, Vaapad is a lightsaber form. It allows the darkness of the user etc. to come out in the form of superior dueling and physicals. The force power a user exerts is not going to be defined by his lightsaber form, and the amp was specifically for Vaapad. Windu, I repeat is not complete fodder, as the blog would have you believe, he does have extremely impressive merits, even in the fight itself. It however does not matter here, since Yoda will be fighting Sidious. Windu already will know this. He does not need his amp. His own power levels will suffice, since Yoda and Sidious, are too evenly matched( regardless of the extremely small advantage to Sidious), and a powerful force user who can actually contribute to the fight, will only seal this in the favor of the Jedi.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@geistalt Mace's raw power is actually significantly higher. There are as I previously stated a huge number of sources to take your pick from. Mace, stopping massive landslides, collapsing a small hill, holding dozens of tons of rocks and boulders with impunity, pushing back entire armies of super battle droids, disintegrating groups( in tens) of super battle droids, pushing groups of super battle droids over kilometres, easily pushing back a huge and massive tank, not to mention, his stomping of renowned duelists in the era( Ventress, and Vos, to name a few), and his singular deflection feat from the duel with Sidious, puts his raw power clearly higher than Dooku's, significantly, which experience and superior knowledge, and skill won't make up for.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Geistalt

@lordofthelight: Not FAR higher (in my opinion), but I am willing to consider re-ranking him.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@geistalt Yup that was a bit extreme, I meant more by quite a bit. I have him slightly higher than Anakin, and below Vader, by quite a bit. As for sabers, many sources state that Dooku is better, and the fact that Dooku is one of the most skilled of the order. Power, falls into Mace's bag, skill into Dooku's. I am not taking the amp into account here, Dooku may be more skilled, but I am unsure as to how much effect it would have on Mace.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Geistalt

@lordofthelight: That still doesn't change the fact that he uses the Force to compensate for his physical infirmity; that's why he'd be at a massive disadvantage if they all fought without the Force.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt So does every force sensitive. I was referring to sheer skill, where he is better. He can compete with Windu, in the force as well. If it is strictly a lightsaber battle, skill comes into the foremost, moreso than force power( unless it is a huge disparity, wherein speed advantages begin to take place, not so here), and Dooku takes it there. I am actually not sure of the dynamics of lightsaber only battles, but based on my view, I take the aforementioned statements to be true.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Force powers are absolutely null in lightsaber-only fights; I meant to suggest that Dooku's (heavier?) reliance on his Force strength might have been part of the reason he was considered a better lightsaber combatant.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glcorps said:

Round 2: Sidious and Dooku will ultimately win. Too powerful. Though I haven't seen or read anything about how powerful Mace Windu is with the force.

Round 3: Windu beat Sidious in the lightsaber duel when latter was using his Sith powers, struck down 3 other Jedi masters and tried to electrocute Windu, yet he lost fair and square - and no I don't buy any of those fan theories regarding Sidiout doing that on purpose lol he was fighting for his life. Windu just proved to be a very tough opponent. I consider Yoda overall more powerful than Dooku. Tough fight, ultimately it could go either way but I give it to Yoda and Windu.

They aren't just fan theories, they are facts blatantly laid before the viewer. How would Anakin be turned to the dark side if Sidious killed Windu and the rest of the Jedi? Sidious had to appear to be weak and in need of rescue so Anakin would see how corrupt the Jedi had become and turn against them.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By americanspeeddemon  Online

This fight differs a lot from a canon to legends perspective. In Canon Mace wasn't amped when he fought Sidious and Dooku probably doesn't have enough to keep up forever. Legends it is probably closer.

GLCorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kundelar said:
@glcorps said:

They aren't just fan theories, they are facts blatantly laid before the viewer. How would Anakin be turned to the dark side if Sidious killed Windu and the rest of the Jedi? Sidious had to appear to be weak and in need of rescue so Anakin would see how corrupt the Jedi had become and turn against them.

Yes that certainly happened AFTER Windu disarmed him, because Palpatine was amost begging for his life at that point. THEN Anakin arrived and THEN it all went down ;)

MrStarWars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrStarWars

I think yoda and mace win round 1. Mace fights dooku and yoda fights sidious. dooku is finished by mace then sidious is destroyed by yoda and mace.

Round 2 sidious solos

Round 3 Jedi win (because of ki adi helping yoda with sidious.)

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight

Yet a Sidious, who just blasted Yoda back, got clean ragdolled across the room, and was unable to react.

That wasn't ragdolling, lol. It was a simple Force push. Those happen all the time in combat, regardless of the strength of the combatants.

No, Yoda did react in the novel and clean deflected the lightning, it could not be clearer.

He deflects the first bolt, but fails to react to the second. He also fails to react to Sidious' final bolt, which resulted in his defeat.

"So easily slain, Obi-Wan is not."

"Neither are you, apparently; but that is about to change." The shadow took another step, and another.

A lightsaber appeared, green as sunlight in a forest. "The test of that, today will be."

"Even a fraction of the dark side is more power than your Jedi arrogance can conceive; living in the light, you have never seen the depth of the darkness."

The shadow spread arms that made its sleeves into black wings.

"Until now."

Lightning speared from outstretched hands, and the battle was on.

In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness.

Then there were only the two of them.

Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

[...]

The shadow released its power for an instant, long enough only to whirl away through the air and alight upon one of the delegation pods as it flew past, and the creature leapt to follow—

Half a second too slow.

The shadow unleashed its lightning while the creature was still in the air, and the little green freak took its full power. The shock blasted him backward to crash against the podium, and he fell.

He also fails to react in the comic book:

No Caption Provided

Twice in the junior novel:

“Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda,” Darth Sidious hissed. “Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.” He raised his arms, and the Force pulsed as blue lightning blasted Yoda across the room.

[...]

As he reached Palpatine’s pod, the Sith Lord hit him with another blast of blue lightning that knocked Yoda’s lightsaber out of his hand.

Twice in the movie:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And twice in the script:

The Dark Lord raises his arms, and LIGHTNING BOLTS shoot out, surrounding YODA.

YODA is picked up and thrown across the room, hitting the wall and sliding down in a crumpled heap. DARTH SIDIOUS chuckles.

[...]

YODA leaps after him, but PALPATINE quickly turns and aims the full force of his energy bolts at the tiny green Jedi, catching him in mid-air and throwing him back hard against the Podium.

That's nine times across all five depictions of the fight. Now, lets count the times Yoda has been able to react:

Lightning speared from outstretched hands, and the battle was on.

In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness.

Revenge of the Sith

Force lightning spat from the Emperor’s gray fingers, surrounding Yoda in a blue nimbus. But Yoda had faced Force lightning before. To deflect the first bolts, he had to stop his intended strike at the Emperor. Once his initial surprise was over, he reached out to the living Force. The lightning bent, arcing back toward the Emperor.

Revenge of the Sith junior novel

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

Revenge of the Sith script

That's three times he has succeeded in reacting, as opposed to the nine times when he has failed. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which is more consistent.

It did not take any time at all, since the 2 Jedi were outright blitzed, and Sidious was immediately upon him, and Fisto( who couldn't do more than deflect one or two strikes).

That just proves it did take time, lol. A Jedi of Windu's renown should've been able to save his comrades if he had been in Sidious' speed class. You also completely ignored my point about Sidious outfencing Windu, so I might as well accept your concession now.

It makes sense, because Windu was not only matching, but edging Palpatine in sabers.

False. When Windu's amp had not fully taken effect yet, Sidious bested him, but did not take the killing blow.

No Caption Provided

When he was fully in Vaapad, he could only be Sidious' equal at best.

Mace was deep in it now: submerged in Vaapad, swallowed by it, he no longer truly existed as an independent being. Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center—

And let it fountain out again. He reflected the fury upon its source as a lightsaber redirects a blaster bolt.

There was a time when Mace Windu had feared the power of the dark; there was a time when he had feared the darkness in himself. But the Clone Wars had given him a gift of understanding: on a world called Haruun Kal, he had faced his darkness and had learned that the power of darkness is not to be feared. He had learned that it is fear that gives the darkness power. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him. But—

Neither did he have power over it.

Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat. But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue.

Impasse.

Windu only managed to disarm Sidious by using Anakin's fear to amp himself further. Whether or not Sidious threw the fight, this fact remains.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear. Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: he angled the battle to bring them both out onto the window ledge. Out in the wind. Out with the lightning. Out on a rain-slicked ledge above a half-kilometer drop. Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete. Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the shadow's lightsaber in half.

One piece flipped back in through the cut-open window. The other tumbled from opening fingers, bounced on the ledge, and fell through the rain toward the distant alleys below. Now the shadow was only Palpatine: old and shrunken, thinning hair bleached white by time and care, face lined with exhaustion.

"For all your power, you are no Jedi. All you are, my lord," Mace said evenly, staring past his blade, "is under arrest."

"Do you see, Anakin? Do you?" Palpatine's voice once again had the broken cadence of a frightened old man's. "Didn't I warn you of the Jedi and their treason?"

"Save your twisted words, my lord. There are no politicians here. The Sith will never regain control of the Republic. It's over. You've lost." Mace leveled his blade. "You lost for the same reason the Sith always lose: defeated by your own fear."

Palpatine lifted his head. His eyes smoked with hate. "Fool," he said. He lifted his arms, his robes of office spreading wide into raptor's wings, his hands hooking into talons.

"Fool!" His voice was a shout of thunder. "Do you think the fear you feel is mine?"

Lightning blasted the clouds above, and lightning blasted from Palpatine's hands, and Mace didn't have time to comprehend what Palpatine was talking about; he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source. Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified. He fed the power with his pain.

"Anakin!" Mace called. His voice sounded distant, blurred, as if it came from the bottom of a well. "Anakin, help me! This is your chance!"

He felt Anakin's leap from the office floor to the ledge, felt his approach behind—

And Palpatine was not afraid. Mace could feel it: he wasn't worried at all.

Windu originally thought it was Sidious' fear, but then realized he wasn't afraid at all, so logically, it was Anakin's. But since Anakin isn't here, it is impossible for Windu to gain any sort of advantage over Sidious even if his Vaapad amp came into play.

In the force, it was all he could do to stay alive( which is still extremely impressive). Not to mention, Vaapad is a lightsaber form. It allows the darkness of the user etc. to come out in the form of superior dueling and physicals. The force power a user exerts is not going to be defined by his lightsaber form, and the amp was specifically for Vaapad.

Your point?

Windu, I repeat is not complete fodder, as the blog would have you believe, he does have extremely impressive merits, even in the fight itself.

You ignored all of my points about why Windu will be one-shot. Until you, or someone else refutes them, they stand.

It however does not matter here, since Yoda will be fighting Sidious. Windu already will know this. He does not need his amp. His own power levels will suffice, since Yoda and Sidious, are too evenly matched( regardless of the extremely small advantage to Sidious), and a powerful force user who can actually contribute to the fight, will only seal this in the favor of the Jedi.

No, as I've said before, Sidious can solo this team with a Force Lightning Storm. Dooku can just watch and eat popcorn. Even if he helped the Jedi, it still would not make any difference.

Windu will be unable to react to the lightning and die. Yoda will tank the blast, but if he attempts to deflect it, he will eventualy be overpowered. His lightsaber does him no good here, and his Force powers are insufficient.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@azronger

That wasn't ragdolling, lol. It was a simple Force push. Those happen all the time in combat, regardless of the strength of the combatants.

The force push blasted back Sidious a large distance, other pushes of similar or less magnitude have been called ragdolling. A simple force push would have floored him, after knocking him off his feet. This was of much greater magnitude, and I view it as ragdolling. You can view it as Yoda telekinetically dominating Sidious, I don't care. The thing is, the magnitude of what Yoda did to Sidious here, after Sidious initiated their confrontation, is pretty impressive, and a minus for the Sith Lord.

He deflects the first bolt, but fails to react to the second. He also fails to react to Sidious' final bolt, which resulted in his defeat.

Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

Let's not cherry pick here. If Yoda failed to react here, Sidious also did, just after this, at that:

Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning

blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the

Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering

huddle of clothing and green flesh.

A thousand years of hidden Sith exulted in their victory.

"Your time is over! The Sith rule the galaxy! Now and forever!"

And it was the whole of the Jedi Order that rocketed from its

huddle, making of its own body a weapon to blast the Sith to the

ground.

Clear, so that is one for Yoda right here.

Twice in the junior novel:

“Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda,” Darth Sidious hissed. “Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.” He raised his arms, and the Force pulsed as blue lightning blasted Yoda across the room.

[...]

As he reached Palpatine’s pod, the Sith Lord hit him with another blast of blue lightning that knocked Yoda’s lightsaber out of his hand.

And twice in the script:

The Dark Lord raises his arms, and LIGHTNING BOLTS shoot out, surrounding YODA.

YODA is picked up and thrown across the room, hitting the wall and sliding down in a crumpled heap. DARTH SIDIOUS chuckles.

[...]

These are the exact same events that took place in the main novel and the movie. Quoting them again and again won't make any difference. They describe the exact same sequence of events, so nice try. Also they do not reflect on Sidious's failures do they? They merely tell how Yoda was the victim of aggression. How about the instance in the movie where he ragdolls Sidious? The fact that he did it after Sidious did it previously, makes it more impressive than Sidious's feat. How about the instance in the main novel, where he uses his body to blast Sidious to the ground? How about the instance where he does so in the junior novel? Clearly a different sequence than the movies, isn't it? How about the time in the script, where he actually disarms Palpatine? How about in the junior novel where he does so?

An end, I must make. Yoda redoubled the speed of his blows. Palpatine parried one, then another — and then the red lightsaber spun out of his hands and over the edge. Yoda raised his weapon for the final blow.

Credit: Revenge of the Sith Junior Novelization

Taking all into account, the individual times Sidious gains the edge( without stating the same sequence of events): 1. At the start, in the movie and the junior novel, and in the main novel, and the comics and the script, scorching Yoda with lightning at the start 2. The time in the movie and the junior novel, and the script where he knocks the lightsaber out of his hand with lightning. 3. In the main novel, where he knocks Yoda off the podium, without the final exchange taking place, again with lightning

Yoda: 1. The time at the start in the movie, where he telekinetically ragdolls Sidious. 2. The time in the main and the junior novels, where he, using his body as a weapon knocks Sidious to the ground. 3. The time in the script and the junior novel, where he decisively outduels Palpatine, and knocks the lightsaber out of his hand, movie as well, since when Sidious begins to throw pods, I am assuming he did not give his lightsaber away to the InterGalactic Charity Fund. This is neglecting the number of times Yoda has stalemated Sidious, when the latter struck first. Yoda, when he has struck first, has managed to gain victory, twice, without being stalemated by Sidious, so nice try.

Yoda has reacted Palpatine, blow for blow in the main novel, except at the end, so your point is moot. He has done so in the movie as well( again except at the end), so your point is again moot.

Not to mention, the point of this whole thing is hilarious. If you are trying to prove that Yoda, can't react to Sidious, the fact that he edges him in lightsaber combat in the movie, and in the script and in the junior novel proves otherwise( he outright disarms Palpatine in the latter 2 sources, and in the movie as well, though it is not shown, as I said earlier), utterly. And the fact that Yoda was virtually equal in power to Sidious, their final exchange, and the millions of quotes from various sources and statements from GL placing them as peers, proves exactly that. Quoting the same sequence of events will not change that. The fact is that Yoda is as close to Sidious as can be, except Sidious himself. All evidence indicates that, and lets move on to Windu:

Tiin, and Kolar were further away, and the only reason Fisto wasn't blitzed was because Windu came to his aid, as is obvious. Not to mention, he wouldn't have known how powerful Sidious, really was( the movie has him assuming a defensive posture at that), and would have expected his comrades to at-least hold their own, for some time. Do you honestly think, that if he had known how easily the Sith Lord would have dominated them, he would have brought them along? Windu was surprised at his speed, it happens all the time( let's not forget how Sidious was "surprised" by Yoda after initiating their confrontation at that, and no, he had stopped laughing by then), he was still fast enough to come to Fisto's aid who was nearby, and the fact that he was on the defensive just seals my point. Oh, and you speak about the large number of sources, and their consistency, let me tell you, the only reason, Windu's amp is even considered, is because of Silver's huge analysis of the fight, from the main novel only( where it is not even directly stated). There is no indication of any "amp" elsewhere, in any source( except one other, which describes Mace as hollowed to the core), and canon writers, and GL himself, have all considered Windu as a peer of Yoda and Sidious. Why then so much importance on only one main source, where an extensive analysis has been done, and it is not even directly stated? Feats? I beg to disagree. Mace has literally stomped renowned duelists, like Bulq, and Ventress, and Vos( Jedi restraint at first, and then then stomps when he goes all out, it is really obvious), and has a huge collection of extremely impressive force feats, telekinetic, and others. I am not at all disputing the fact that the amp exists( the analysis is really solid), but the fact that Windu is fodder without it. He is shown to be in a completely different league than even excellent masters, throughout, in a huge number of sources.

When he was fully in Vaapad, he could only be Sidious' equal at best.

Except when he uses shatterpoint.

Windu only managed to disarm Sidious by using Anakin's fear to amp himself further. Whether or not Sidious threw the fight, this fact remains.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear. Easily, almost effortlessly, he turned the shadow's fear into a weapon: he angled the battle to bring them both out onto the window ledge. Out in the wind. Out with the lightning. Out on a rain-slicked ledge above a half-kilometer drop. Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete. Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the shadow's lightsaber in half.

Nonsense, there is no indication of any "amp" from the fear at all. Mace got the edge because he took the fight to the window, where Palpatine utilized some of his force powers to get a grip on the permacrete. This is a clear cut case of strategy, and there is no "Vaapad amp" here. The fear was thought by Windu to exist, and so he created a strategy to utilize it. Except the strategy actually worked when there was no actual fear, just a precaution taken by Sidious. He exploited the environment, and the situation, and thus, disarmed Palpatine. He does not get "amped" here in the novel( as I said I am assuming that Sidious did not throw the fight, which is realy indicated by GL himself). You also have yet to reply to the fact that Windu's force powers were only his own. Vaapad amp allowed him to match and then shatterpoint allowed him to exceed Sidious as a duelist, his own force reserves were barely enough to defend against Sidious( which is still a lot to say for him). Actually I meant that he( with his other talents) managed to outduel Sidious, not his Vaapad, that was bad editing on my part. However it is irrelevant here.

Your point?

Being that, Windu's force powers were only his own. If the Vaapad amp really was powering his force attacks and defenses, then the lightning shouldn't have caused him any problem at all. The Vaapad as I said only contributed to reflecting the lightning. Windu still had to survive it using his own force defenses, and the fact that he did another impressive deflection feat in the novel on his own shows his power.

Yoda alone can stalemate this lightning storm, he did so in the movie, and the reason he flew back further, was because of a little concept in physics called "Conservation of linear momentum", and the fact that Yoda was on the edge, whereas Sidious was in the podium. Yoda is the virtual match for Sidious, and is near perfectly his equal. Add a powerful force user such as Windu in to the fight and Sidious loses everytime.

I am basing my whole argument on the canonical assumption that Sidious did not throw the fight. If you assume otherwise, then my apologies to you for wasting your time.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Let's just agree to disagree for now. I'll write an entire blog dedicated to RotS Sidious' power in the Force in the future, so I can avoid repeating the same arguments in every thread ad nauseam.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Windu was amped, sidious>>>>>windu and moved faster than windu could react initally. Don't argue windu vs sidious, sidious would have won and was going to win anyway when he was blasting windu's saber back with the force. Yoda was amped and has absolutely no feats prior that even compare to his showing when he was amped.

As for yoda v sidious, good points and sidious's outright defeat of him completely contradicts the movie where yoda was beginning to overpower him and (BOTH, not just yoda) were pushed back.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kbroskywalker: Is that why Mace stomped Sidious in ROTS?

Cmon man. Team 1 takes handily

he never stomped mace and was incredibly amped, before hand he couldn't even react to sidious. Sidious;s "Loss" was because mace used the external fear of anakin to gain an edge. Even then sidious was going to force mace's blade to cut mace himself with his lightning. Sidious then nearly instakilled windu with his lightning.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Jedi. Yoda seems to have a small edge against Palpatine, and honestly, I think Windu might be slightly more skilled than Dooku.

Round 2: Probably Sith. While both Yoda and Windu could likely tutaminis/deflect lightning, Papatine still seems to be slightly greater in this aspect than Yoda. Dooku vs Windu, in my opinion, could go either way.

Round 3: Sith in a tough one. At Palpatine's level, Yoda's edge in saber skill is slightly less significant than it would be with lesser characters, in my opinion. Dooku can possibly fall back on TK and lightning to somewhat distract Windu as well.

Round 4: Dooku's good at dealing with duos, and has managed to remove Kenobi while fighting Anakin, so he could do the same to Mundi. Sidious might also just dispatch him casually as well. Still, the minor distraction might be enough for Windu to win, allowing him to aid Yoda. Either way.