Yarael Poof vs Marka Ragnos

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LordOfTheLight

The highly hyped up Jedi Master who has had a short appearance in Star Wars vs the highly hyped up Sith Lord who has a short appearance in Star Wars as a whole.

Who wins?

All out, in their primes. Battle takes place on the fields of Dantooine.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poof persuades Ragnos to not hurt him with pizza, and Bfr himself off the planet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ragnos has far more hype

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard

I am not talking about fanboy hype, but the hype in-universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard

I am not talking about fanboy hype, but the hype in-universe.

Ragnos has more hype there too. Vitiate considered him a threat IIRC

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@decaf_wizard

No, it is stated by his underlings that Vitiate considered the "spirits of the Ancient Sith Lords" as a threat, not by an official source or Vitiate himself. It is pretty much worthless as an accolade.

Ragnos has many quotes that imply his power was particularly immense. Then again, he has nothing putting him remotely close to planetary level which is where Poof is at. It is an interesting contrast between feats of the best order against high level accolades. Leading to a potentially interesting matchup.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By WollfMyth209

Marka, holistically.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By redheathen

I don't know how a battle like this would work out. Ragnos, one of the most powerful Force users of his time or, IDK, ever, versus a non-vertebrate, multi-limbed, spooky...thing...that I want Ragnos to kill. I'm afraid of Poof. LOL Seriously, I am. I think of Poof and can't help but think of a gelatinous thing with a lot of limbs and a brain or two that can wield a lightsaber or four who can contort their body. Even though they can contort their body, I read about Poof and think of this blob. Just please step on it like cockroach. Kick it out of the room. Put it in a trashcan and send it to the dump. Or the sewer. Cut it up and flush it down the toilet. I hate Yarael Poof. Creep factor = quintuplet hojillions

Ragnos is this scary and powerful Sith, but even in ghost form, at least he has the decency to LOOK like a vertebrate.

I didn't even know what sex Poof was. Apparently male. I'm surprised nonskeletal amphibian-ET-Kaminoan-pissyfaced knockoff's aren't asexual. ANYWAY...

Poof would almost overwhelm Ragnos in a saber duel, but Ragnos holds his own. Ends in a stalemate. They go hand to hand, but everytime Ragnos gets Poof in a chokehold, Poof just squishes away and out of the lock. Poof can't contain Ragnos, so ends in a stalemate.

Poof would use his powerful TP skills but Ragnos would use Sith sorcery and thankfully fry Poof's brains. A French chef would show up and cook the rest of Poof and serve Ragnos Poof steaks, very rare. Ragnos will vomit Poof up after Poof gives Ragnos an edibly transmitted disease. Ragnos kills Poof, but Poof gets the last blow in. Call it how you want to.

Kbroskywalker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kbroskywalker2

@phantomocelot said:

Poof persuades Ragnos to not hurt him with pizza, and Bfr himself off the planet.

Yeah, this is it.

@lordofthelight, delete this thread,it serves no purpose now.

Oh and...

Poof isn't planetary

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight: Weren't you the one who argued vehemently for the validity of Gnost-Dural's theory about Vitiate fearing the spirits of the ancient Sith? What happened to change your mind?

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger

I haven't changed my mind, I am just more confused.

On one hand, we know that Valkorion should logically stomp Marka even in the latter's prime. On the other hand, apparently, Valkorion was actually harmed by the spirit of Dramath, a guy he fodderized as a 10 year old in the latter's prime.

Then we have him being threatened by the spirits of the Ancient Sith Lords, when his far weaker iterations have fodderized people like Jedi Revan, who should beat all of them save Kun, let alone them as spirits who are far weaker than their original versions there.

I don't know what exactly to believe actually, but I guess the spirit of Ragnos shouldn't really be posing a threat to Vitiate, at least if we go logically. It doesn't make any sense at all in the narrative scheme of things, and the only reason it should be even brought up is due to Dramath.

I mean, come on, I am all for Tenebrous>Valk, but the latter is clearly the best of his era.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do you guys really think that Poof is capable of influencing Ragnos' mind? I would think that Ragnos is mentally very strong and perhaps his mastery of sorcery could help him as well. ???

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Ragnos died, Vitiate was only on the same level as Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. All of whom were well below Ragnos in power, and they knew it. As powerful as Vitiate was, a power Ragnos recognized, Vitiate was keenly aware that he couldn't challenge Marka Ragnos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

When Ragnos died, Vitiate was only on the same level as Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. All of whom were well below Ragnos in power, and they knew it. As powerful as Vitiate was, a power Ragnos recognized, Vitiate was keenly aware that he couldn't challenge Marka Ragnos.

As far as a accolades go, thats a pretty good one and what gets him the win here. There is a reason that Marka ruled for the better part of 900 years near unchallenged in the golden era of the Sith. He was powerful enough that guys Naga Sadow and Vitiate didn't even dream of trying anything

Personally its my speculation that Vitiate kept out of the leadership dispute purely because he had planned to act later and usurp leadership then

Its also worth noting that Marka Ragnos is the longest surviving Sith Spirit in existence and doesn't seem to need be tethered to a power source like the others. And he maintained his power over that time too

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Its also worth noting that Marka Ragnos is the longest surviving Sith Spirit in existence and doesn't seem to need be tethered to a power source like the others. And he maintained his power over that time too

Doesn't Kun win that contest? Unless that game where Jaden Korr whacks him is after the Kun fiasco in Jedi Academy?

And I'm sure he needs some kind of tethering point. He tends to show up either on Korriban, near dark side rich areas or near the two Sith amulets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:

Doesn't Kun win that contest? Unless that game where Jaden Korr whacks him is after the Kun fiasco in Jedi Academy?

And I'm sure he needs some kind of tethering point. He tends to show up either on Korriban, near dark side rich areas or near the two Sith amulets.

Nah, Marka Ragnos never actually died in that game and Marka is a lot older than Kun. They just imprisoned the bugger.

It may be he needs something dark sidey to actually show up but he doesn't seem to be tethered to something specific.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Well, Ragnos only ruled for over 100yrs. Which is still impressive given that the line of succession for them was who could beat the man at the top 1-on-1. Which was how Ragnos gained the right to rule. It's just the fact that nobody in that time could challenge him, or would even dare to, out of both fear and respect for him. He was simply too powerful to contend with.

It was clear that Ragnos could've used dark side rituals and such to extend his life span had he wanted, but he just saw no point in it. He'd already had a vision that his death signified the end of the Golden Age of the Sith. Such was an immutable truth. Without him to reign in the other Sith Lords, the Empire would collapse. And it did.

So yeah, while Vitiate would eventually become more powerful than Ragnos, at the time of Ragnos' death, there wasn't anyone in the known galaxy who'd even come close to him. And it was heavily implied that of all the ancient Sith leading up to him, Marka Ragnos was the strongest in their history. Which would mean that everyone proceeding Ragnos were weaker than him. That includes the Dark Jedi who were exiled to the Unknown Regions and would rename themselves the Lords of the Sith.

So yeah, Marka Ragnos was The OP Ancient Sith Lord.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Yea that was a typo, I meant 100 not 900.

Its curious because we actually can scale Ragnos by the accolade of being the strongest Ancient Sith. Karness Muur being the lynchpin in that, being regarded by Vader as superior to his own power and immediately thought of the possibility that the two of them could've even challenged Sidious. He was also likely stronger than Vong Krayt by quite a bit

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: It's been pretty clear that in terms of just Force Powers and ability with the Force, rituals and all that, the Ancient Sith were far superior to the likes of the Brotherhood and Rule of Two.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Kbroskywalker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: I'm not interested in ten minute videos. Make a coherent and concise argument.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber duel = Ragnos wins. Decapitated a widely-respected Sith council member (incredibly impressive amongst the Sith who are scheming backstabbers) in a duel BEFORE assuming control of the Sith Empire, leading it into its prime without any war to home their skills against, and dying after 100 years more of growth and undisputed supremacy in an era of duelists significantly above the KOTOR era people like Darth Traya and Meetra Surik, who are confirmed Obi-Wan-level fighters. Better than Poof's Jedi Master and High Councilor scaling, and being called a dexterous and skilled swordsman.

Force battle = By feats, Yarael. A mere ounce of his power is planet-level. By hype, Ragnos. Immense scaling, plus his marked inferior in Naga Sadow was regarded as the greatest of the Ancient Sith even after the age of Exar Kun, who while four thousand years past-prime is >>>>>>>>>> post-DE Luke and his entire Jedi Order. And that's not even the entirety of his scaling.

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump