Takes place in new York

Who wins.

#2 Posted by StormShadow_X (14744 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk.

#3 Posted by raccoonrocket (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would win

#4 Posted by DeathHero61 (17488 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by PyroFN (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Im giving it to Yang. Her aura and semblance combo should give her the win.

#6 Posted by FlashingSabre (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk eventually puts her down.

#7 Posted by kasya_carey (4745 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie? That hulk can't die according to Bruce.

#8 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Wut. Im pretty sure he could be knocked to submission. There were times he needed help in the Avengers movie and didnt he revert back to bruce after surviving a fall? In the Avengers movie he couldnt solo most of the time.

#9 Posted by kasya_carey (4745 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Sy8000 (33724 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps.

#11 Posted by Vertigo- (16515 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread makes me sad

#12 Edited by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly does Hulk have to his name that outstrips Yang's feats? She was punched through the pillar holding up a futuristic bridge, which Screwattack calculated to be equivalent to 1400 tons of pressure, (If I recall) or a plethora of jet liners being dropped on you. Hulk was pressurred by the Chitari energy blast volley, and as I can recall his largest feat is killing the Leviathan, but that Leviathan's only durability feat that I can recall is against Iron Man's energy-beams, which's only feat is chopping up Hammer-tech rip offs and welding a pipe. I'm pretty sure punching it in the face got around most of that armor, as it's armor would have to be connected to it's skin or bones in some way, and sufficient force could break it internally through the armor. Similar to how you get a concussion without your skull breaking. Yang should be fast enough to avoid most of Hulk's random swings, and she should be durable enough to take at least a few hits to fuel her semblance. According to Tai she hits twice as hard as she's hit if I recall? (Don't have time to look it up). MCU Hulk has been KO'd and beaten down before. He doesn't have the same unstoppable healing factor that Comics Hulk has. I think this is more of an even fight than people are giving credit for.

@kasya_carey said:

Movie? That hulk can't die according to Bruce.

Are you referring to when he shot himself and Hulk spit the bullet out?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#13 Posted by termiteone4ever (12245 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk got this

#14 Posted by Freekymonkey (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh:

Hulk one shot the giant alien worm thingy Saitama style. He would do the same to Yang.

Screw Attack also said that Toph could defeat Gaara. So yea...

#16 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Yang is definitely not out of her league. Hulk hits hard but she can dish that hit even harder.

#17 Posted by sladerulez (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: if she doesn't get knocked out from Hulk's punches, I could see a win, but majority goes to Hulk.

#18 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: Thats exactly what Tai said dishing it out twice as hard. Also I am taking this to current Yang so she isnt some slouche when it comes to fighting or even to begin with. With training with Tai she already shows she can handle herself well in close quarters combat even if she hasnt shown much feats with skill currently and just shows she is at least smarter.

#19 Posted by Amendment50 (13603 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smash.

#20 Posted by StormShadow_X (14744 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Yang is definitely not out of her league. Hulk hits hard but she can dish that hit even harder.

Nothing suggest she could take the hits in the first place. Yang jus can't dish out any damage she takes easily. Enough force would just one shot her.

#21 Posted by Freekymonkey (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Hulk stomps mismatch. At this point Yang is nowhere NEAR this level. This is not even close.

#22 Posted by ReaperTheGrim (876 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

@freekymonkey said:

@jeepeh:

Hulk one shot the giant alien worm thingy Saitama style. He would do the same to Yang.

Screw Attack also said that Toph could defeat Gaara. So yea...

I already discussed that in my post. Do you have any reason I'm wrong?

"They're not always right" isn't an excuse.

@stormshadow_x said:
@red_ruby_petal said:

Nothing suggest she could take the hits in the first place. Yang jus can't dish out any damage she takes easily. Enough force would just one shot her.

The fact that she can take multiple jet liners hitting her at once and shrugging it off says nothing?

@freekymonkey said:

@red_ruby_petal:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hulk stomps mismatch. At this point Yang is nowhere NEAR this level. This is not even close.

You haven't actually said anything other than that we're wrong. Can you tell me why? I see no reason why Yang couldn't do the exact same thing

#24 Posted by Freekymonkey (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh:

The point is WE HAVEN'T seen Yang do ANYTHING CLOSE to what Hulk does on a whim. As for the Jetliner thing that is simple BS. If she could take that amount of damage how come she had trouble with Neon Cat and Mercury.

Other then screw attack, (and their opinion I do not hold very highly anyways,) there is not a shred of proof that Yang can operate at this level.

#25 Edited by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

@freekymonkey said:

@jeepeh:

The point is WE HAVEN'T seen Yang do ANYTHING CLOSE to what Hulk does on a whim. As for the Jetliner thing that is simple BS. If she could take that amount of damage how come she had trouble with Neon Cat and Mercury.

Other then screw attack, (and their opinion I do not hold very highly anyways,) there is not a shred of proof that Yang can operate at this level.

Because Neon was faster than her. Did you not see how much Neon beat on her to no effect? And once Yang got fed up she beat them both. Mercury? Are you trying to lowball Mercury? That guy that toyed with Pyrrha, whom singlehandedly took on Cinder after acquiring her Maiden powers. And the guy who KO'd Yatsuhashi, the same guy that would give most of the avengers difficulty? And was even wrecking him and Coco together at the same time?

No Caption Provided

Forget the Leviathan. Has Hulk ever hit THAT hard? I can't recall an instance. Keep in mind that Yang ~ Mercury > Yatsuhashi

The Leviathan's greatest feat is flying through a building right? Do you think the Paladin couldn't have done that? Because Yang one-shot that no problem.

What has Hulk done to be above Yang? Broke something big's face in? That's great- except wasn't there a big thing about how the Leviathan wasn't heavy enough to crush a building, and in actuality there wasn't much weight to them, so Hulk's punch wasn't actually that terrifying? What do you quantify the Leviathan's blunt force durability to be? Does it even have any blunt force resistance feats? If Ruby can roundhouse kick a 60 ft (ish) pegasus through a battleship, I fail to see why Yang couldn't punch a Leviathan in the face and get the same effect. I also call attention to Yang falling for over a minute before hitting the ground unimpeded and shrugging it off. Didn't a similar fall KO Hulk in the Avengers?

#26 Edited by Sy8000 (33724 posts) - - Show Bio

She has no feats to compete with the space whale.

#27 Posted by FlashingSabre (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has far better strength and durability that anyone in RWBY. Yang can't just absorb force indefinitely. She has a limit, which is far lower than a Hulk punch or two.

#28 Posted by Vertigo- (16515 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Helloman (17985 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps. Mismatch.

#30 Edited by HDoom16 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: that leviathan with its massive size, thick armour plating, and the speed at which it was going puts Hulks striking feat in the avengers well in excess of 100,000 tons of force. 1400 tons of pressure is nothing, Hulk will put her down with ease.

#31 Posted by Freekymonkey (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh:

I was going to keep on going but I realized it is just not worth it. You clearly have made up your mind and will not listen to comman sense. I am done here.

#32 Edited by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, fine. Can anyone else actually answer my questions and prove this Hulk-hype? Or am I going to be ignored?

@hdoom16 said:

@jeepeh: that leviathan with its massive size, thick armour plating, and the speed at which it was going puts Hulks striking feat in the avengers well in excess of 100,000 tons of force. 1400 tons of pressure is nothing, Hulk will put her down with ease.

Mind showing me the math behind that? Assuming you didn't just make it up.

#33 Posted by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal said:

She has no feats to compete with the space whale.

What feats do the Leviathans have that make them so scary? One fell onto a building and did barely any damage to them. They're like birds, almost no weight behind them. Their armor is hard to pierce, but pushing them back and pushing their armor into their own bodies seems much easier. The only thing I can remember a Leviathan doing that's scary was going through a building, which is nothing the Paladin couldn't have done, and Yang one-shot that.

#34 Posted by Sy8000 (33724 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh said:

What feats do the Leviathans have that make them so scary? One fell onto a building and did barely any damage to them. They're like birds, almost no weight behind them. Their armor is hard to pierce, but pushing them back and pushing their armor into their own bodies seems much easier. The only thing I can remember a Leviathan doing that's scary was going through a building, which is nothing the Paladin couldn't have done, and Yang one-shot that.

Yeah it went through buildings like they weren't there and shredded them. Paladin's have no comparable feats.

#35 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by StormShadow_X (14744 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: @stormshadow_x:

She got shot through pillars meant to hold bridges.

She definitely has the durability.

You're overestimating that a lot. That DB calc while correct, I really doubt the creators had that in mind. Even so I've seen nothing to suggest she could consistently eat up the Hulks best blows.

#37 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: I did the math for you and I may be using bigger values so feel free to correct. These are the highest possible values I have given so people wont tell me that it was moving faster or it was heavier.

@hdoom16:

Usually your weight is your mass times the acceleration of gravity but to me its more like constant velocity when you are stationary. The weight you get in a weighing scale is kilogram force. Anyway on to the topic.

Lets assume this leviathan was 500 tons though could not crush a building.

He was going 150 kph. Or 42 meters per second

So to get kilogram force it would be a certain mass times gravity

Your mass is 50 divided by 9.8 meters per second which is 5.1 mass ( whatever unit it is ).

500 tons of force with gravity divided 9.8 is

51 for mass in tons form.

multiply that with 42 meters per second. thats 2142 tons of force.

Do correct my math if its wrong.

From that yes hulk hits hard but he isnt one shotting Yang. Db's calculation says so it was 1600 tons if force and I might be overestimating the leviathan being 500 tons.

#38 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: The creators are not the ones who calculate the feats nor do they say who is stronger outside of their creation's universe. Its us who will debate who has the better feats. Even if the creators did not have that in mind and stuff like that can be inconsistant it is still a feat to show and that is what we do in comic vine battles. And she doesn't have to take hulk's blows she can even dodge them. She is definitely a better fighter too since Hulk is pretty mindless.

#39 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@hdoom16: try proving 100,000 tons otherwise since that is beyond mcu hulk's weight class.

#40 Posted by Full123 (4506 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Leviathan went through half a building while rushing I believe, and Hulk punched that one to a full-stop. I'd say it's a more impressive feat than you give him credit for, however I don't know much of Yang, so I can't comment on the outcome of the match.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
#41 Posted by deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b (3700 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is in a different league compared to Yang.

#42 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

@full123: I never discredited such a thing and I am sure 2000 tons of force is enough to bash through a building easily. Stopping that is impressive but people really discredit Yang and assumes Hulk one shots. 100,000 tons is too much for Hulk lets be honest.

edit: I dont mean Yang can deal 100,000 tons of force or survive that but for the previous comment.

#43 Posted by Sy8000 (33724 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by sladerulez (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal: Yang is strong, but not that strong. Hulk one-shotted a leviathan, a building sized monster with a shell hard enough to tank all of Iron man's weaponry. considering the size of the beast, We could assume that it's roughly 10,000 tons. to stop a 10,000 ton monster storming at you at high speeds with one punch? that's at least low mid-tier. and Yang's a high street level opponent.

She gets wrecked

#45 Posted by sladerulez (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: @red_ruby_petal:And as to how I got the weight assumption, take a look at a kaiju from pacific rim.

No Caption Provided

Kaijus, even small ones, are roughly 10,000 tons bare minimum

and the leviathan

No Caption Provided

was roughly around the same size, with extra armor, increasing it's weight.

so the leviathan, logically, should be at least 10,000+ tons.

#46 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@sladerulez: not 10,000 tons otherwise the building would have collapsed by its weight alone.

I dont even feel that 500 tons is an understatement. That thing is ok roughly 200 feet in length. Blue whales go up to 110 tons and 91 feet in length. Since leviathan is around twice its length then multiplying that weight by 4 gave me 440 tons. This thing was able to fly so you shouldnt really consider it to be that heavy. Ill give you that then its at most 1000 tons. But did Hulk really stop it completely or did he make it flip over so he didnt punch for the same force leviathan was even delivering to him.

Loading Video...

Yang did get rammed by this mech through these pillars.

And like I said strength isnt her only option. She is fast as well.

#47 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by sladerulez (9050 posts) - - Show Bio

@red_ruby_petal:

Good counter. Didn't put that into perspective. I'll give a counter in a moment.

#49 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by Jeepeh (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still looking for reasoning of how Yang and Hulk can both fall far enough to reach terminal velocity, and Yang shrugs it off and laughs, but Hulk is apparently KO'd?

@highaccuser said:
@jeepeh said:

Yeah it went through buildings like they weren't there and shredded them. Paladin's have no comparable feats.

The prototype paladin took electric blasts, explosive shotgun pellets, and slashes and punches from girls that can decapitate 300 ft birds (300 foot birds that shatter concrete structures like a house of cards, mind you, far more impressive than going through a building) and kicks giant horses through battleships. Isn't that enough feats?

No Caption Provided

@red_ruby_petal I believe this nevermore can be used in scaling here quite nicely. The girls did about as much damage to this nevermore that they did to the Paladin, and the Paladin actually damaged them unlike this nevermore. And given our discussion on the weights of the Leviathans, I'd say it's safe to say that most of team RWBY could drag a leviathan around just as well as Ruby dragged the Nevermore up a cliff or kicked the enormous pegasus through Ironwood's military ships. And we all know that Yang is stronger than Ruby

@full123 said:

@red_ruby_petal: Leviathan went through half a building while rushing I believe, and Hulk punched that one to a full-stop. I'd say it's a more impressive feat than you give him credit for, however I don't know much of Yang, so I can't comment on the outcome of the match.

Is going through a building really that impressive? Yang blew apart a mecha that was shown to be super durable and toss cars like matchbox toys, and was also the size of a small house, apart in one blow. Hulk punching it until it flipped over isn't as impressive when you take into account that the Leviathan could fly, so it must be similar to bird in having hollow/weak bones in order to necessitate flight. Unless it flew through some kind of super tech, but that's unlikely as the full dead weight of a Leviathan wasn't even able to collapse the roof of a building after they died. People are over estimating the Leviathans greatly. Is that the only impressive feat Hulk has from the MCU? If that's the case, we should be wondering why it's an outlier anyway.

@sladerulez said:

@red_ruby_petal: Yang is strong, but not that strong. Hulk one-shotted a leviathan, a building sized monster with a shell hard enough to tank all of Iron man's weaponry. considering the size of the beast, We could assume that it's roughly 10,000 tons. to stop a 10,000 ton monster storming at you at high speeds with one punch? that's at least low mid-tier. and Yang's a high street level opponent.

She gets wrecked

In addition to Ruby's comment about the weight of the Leviathans, and thus the much less required force to kill them, (I think her calc was more than generous to the leviathan) I also want to question your statement of Iron Man's weaponry. Correct me I'm wrong, but didn't Iron Man's rockets blow the Leviathan apart? What failed to pierce the armor was Iron Man's lasers, the lasers whose only feat I recall is cutting through hammertech, which we all know is crap to begin with, and welding a pipe. And resistance to heart is a completely different form of durability from blunt force trauma. A football player wearing a helmet can get concussions and sever injury through their helmets, even if the helmet itself is durable enough to be undamaged. The Leviathan follows the same principle. The armor itself is unpierced, but the fragile-shallow-boned body within can be pushed back and broken behind the armor just the same, especially if the armor is somehow connected to the Leviathin's bone structure, in which case breaking it's bones, and thus killing it, would be immensely easy. What other feats do the Leviathans have against Blunt force? I can't recall any. They got oneshotted by Hulk. Why do we consider them so terrifyingly powerful again?