#1 Edited by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Justice League
New 52 Justice League

VS

XCOM 2 Aliens
XCOM 2 Aliens

Situation: XCOM 2 Aliens have finished conquering the planet Earth from their own universe and plan to travel to another dimension to further progress their Elders AVATARS. In their inter-dimensional travels they obtain Kryptonite and begin study on Kryptonian physiology from common Kryptonians in the conquered universes to further the AVATARs. While the alien scientists work they spawn into Earth's atmosphere and plan to try to conquer Earth and capture any super beings to add the power of the Avatars.

Enemy Invaders: These invaders will include all of the aliens seen in XCOM 2 + DLC but they come from a universe where they have already completed the AVATAR project and made the majority of the Ethereals into complete Avatars.

Conditions: This is Comic New 52 JL trying to stop alien invaders from conquering Earth while also trying to avoid capture or death. Aliens meanwhile will be working on integrating Kryptonian/Super being power into the Avatars from any captured beings during the invasion. They will successfully make all Avatars Kryptonian in 20 Earth days.

Rounds: Round 1: JL No prep, No knowledge

Round 2: JL has 2 weeks prep for alien invasion, No knowledge

Round 3: JL has 2 weeks prep, Knowledge of alien goals

Win: If Aliens successfully wipe out JL or if JL manages to repel alien invaders.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#2 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

JL get stomped pretty hard on the first and second rounds. Plasma tech would seriously hurt anyone on their team, plus any alien with TP can mess them up with ease. That's not even factoring in Gatekeepers or any of the Chosen.

The only round that seems to be somewhat of a fair fight is the third round, but even that one I still see them losing.

PS. This is me thinking that the movie version was being used, didn't know that wasn't the case lol

#3 Posted by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this movie versions or not?

#4 Posted by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by KanyeCosby (5842 posts) - - Show Bio

You should use a better picture for the Justice League. People are going to be confused by the fact that you have the DCEU Justice League when it’s supposed to be the New 52 Justice League.

#6 Edited by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Ah alright. Thank you, I can see why there would be confusion

#7 Posted by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

In that case I don't see how they beat Clark, Diana, Hal and Barry

#8 Posted by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: Right, but these aliens have access to Kryptonite. Its more of a case of the JL beating them before the 20 day marker and without getting captured as doing so will make the aliens stronger. I dont believe the JL would stand a chance post 20 days when all of the Avatars are psychic supermen

#9 Posted by AotD (578 posts) - - Show Bio

JL gets screwed no matters what, eventually swarm always overwhelming if there`s no huge gap in striking power between two sides.

#10 Posted by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

@paparoni: Clark's fought through kryptonite several times in the New 52, and what about Hal and Diana? If they just warp into the atmosphere I'd argue Hal could easily handle them by himself

#11 Edited by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: True, but would he react fast enough before they ground some ships full of possibly Chryssalid? Other then that, is he able to resist powerful psychic forces? There's also the problem of the whole in space time that the Aliens create when they warp into a dimension. Normally the way they are defeated is when XCOM discovers the weakness and sends a strike force to destroy whatever device it is the aliens use to keep the dimensional hole open in their dimension. As long as the hole is open, millions of aliens can pour through into the earth, so even if the initial strike force is wiped more will keep coming. Not to mention that eventually the Avatars themselves will get involved.

The way I imagine the JL winning would be through some of the members smarts, pure force I cant see panning out for them.

#12 Edited by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

@paparoni:

True, but would he react fast enough before they ground some ships full of possibly Chryssalid?

I mean if they're all on Earth I don't see why they wouldn't notice a gaping hole in space. Superman has super senses, Batman and Cyborg have satellites and other surveillance systems constantly on the watch for stuff like that and Hal's ring would likely let him know of a space anomaly of that magnitude.

Other then that, is he able to resist powerful psychic forces?

Yea. His will is strong enough to undo an illusion from an amped Hector Hammond

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hammond is powerful enough to casually overpower the nerve center for the Darkstars, which was a collective psionic conscious that provided the power for the Darkstars telepathic link that connected all millions if not billions of the team members.

And to boot, Hal eventually used his own willpower to rewrite their consciousness and pacify every Darkstar member at once.

There's also the problem of the whole in space time that the Aliens create when they warp into a dimension. Normally the way they are defeated is when XCOM discovers the weakness and sends a strike force to destroy whatever device it is the aliens use to keep the dimensional hole open in their dimension.

Assuming Hal couldn't just close the hole with his power, I don't see why he couldn't use his ring trace the energies of the hole to the device and destroy it. Cyborg could do this too and probably Bruce.

Not to mention that eventually the Avatars themselves will get involved.

How are they a threat to Hal?

The way I imagine the JL winning would be through some of the members smarts, pure force I cant see panning out for them.

I've played my fair share of XCOM games and none of the units are above street-level..and most would be beaten by Batman with anti-telepathy tech. Numbers shouldn't be an issue when Hal just operates at a much higher level than anything in the XCOM-verse.

#13 Posted by PapaRoni (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: I can definitely see Hal being a hard counter to the aliens. He is immune the mental attacks, can close the rift, and probably repel the attack on his own assuming the aliens dont immediately launch any Chrysallids to Earth and infect the human population with them. But what about Diana and Clark? Could Diana repel the Avatars mental attacks and could Clark repel the mental attacks if he was (or wasn't) under the effects of Kryptonite? If they couldnt could Hal fight them off on his own while the effects of the Mind Control last?

#14 Posted by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

@paparoni:

Could Diana repel the Avatars mental attacks

She was unaffected by Brainiac's worldwide attempt at mass mind control and repelled Lois with Brainiac's telepathy out of her mind. So I'd say so.

could Clark repel the mental attacks if he was (or wasn't) under the effects of Kryptonite?

Orion used his Motherbox to put mental defenses in Clark's mind that kept Hector Hammond's city-wide tp scanning from Clark's mind.

No Caption Provided

Granted they have been broken through before, but those were by planetary level telepaths like Hector Hammond after he was amped.

If they couldnt could Hal fight them off on his own while the effects of the Mind Control last?

Probably not, but Diana could free him from the mind control using her lasso like she's already done twice.

#15 Posted by michaelfnshotz (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: wouldn't Hal overpowering an army of darkstars be trans tier level in strength? thats an insane showing for his will