X-Men vs. Avengers

#1 Edited by Titan3510 (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat

VS

(no Wolverine)

#2 Posted by Cobalt (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange would have to come up big in this fight. I would like to see Spider-Man fight Shadowcat.

#3 Posted by Titan3510 (479 posts) - - Show Bio
Cobalt said:
"Dr. Strange would have to come up big in this fight. I would like to see Spider-Man fight Shadowcat. "

Why would you like to see Spidey and Kitty fight? Oh, and I do think taht Dr. Strange would be a big factor in determing the Avengers' win.
#4 Posted by The_Ghostshell (84303 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Strange makes or breaks this fight. If he's on point the Avengers win. If he slips even in the least bit its over.

#5 Posted by Cobalt (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, look at it this way. Colossus stomps Luke Cage into the ground. Jean Grey mind controls Iron Fist and Captain America  to take out Spider-Man and DareDevil. Strange would have to in every fight just to make sure that the rest of his team doesn't get killed in the opening minutes of the fight.

#6 Posted by Holacik (599 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Dr.Strange makes or breaks this fight. If he's on point the Avengers win. If he slips even in the least bit its over.
"
That's Dead on.  If it's Strange on normal levels he wins alone if he's on 'I can get shot by the hood!' levels they lose.
#7 Posted by Pania (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, they had an entire 4 issue miniseries devoted to this: http://www.comicvine.com/x-men-vs-the-avengers-the/49-3867/

#8 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this comes down to Dr. Strange and Jean Grey. The rest of the Avengers team would get handled by Iceman. That said, both of their powers fluctuate so much I can't even determine a winner between Strange and Grey.

#9 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I think the team with Wolverine on it will win! ;)

#10 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
Ebony Bishop said:
"Man, I think the team with Wolverine on it will win! ;)
"

lol.
#11 Posted by Meteorite (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
Ebony Bishop said:
"
Probably, cos Professor X said that u can only kill him by decapitating him. And that was at the time when he didn't have his adamantium skeleton.
#12 Posted by Last_Guardian (32162 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually say X-Men...i don't see even Dr., Strange being abel to overcome Iceman, Storm, and Jean Grey

#13 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men fought Avengers, a few times. why I started the Avengers 9939 VS X-Men 225 thread pitting the post apocalyptic teams against one another.

#14 Posted by K-AOTIC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men

#15 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19715 posts) - - Show Bio

In ultimate X men they had a fight but there was no Dr. S and the X-MEN won. Even though Professor X and Jean Grey had no part in the fight

#16 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
Slight said:
"In ultimate X men they had a fight but there was no Dr. S and the X-MEN won. Even though Professor X and Jean Grey had no part in the fight"
Two completely different teams. There is no relevance in this comparison.
#17 Posted by The Enigma (1896 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men as they possess two Omegas yet (plus other v. powerfull chars), Strange and Cage woudl eb the hardest to put down.
#18 Posted by Leroy (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Ebony Bishop said:
"
Nice!!!

I haven't been interested in the X-Men in a long time, are their characters really that strong compared to others?

#19 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
The Enigma said:
"X-Men as they possess two Omegas yet (plus other v. powerfull chars), Strange and Cage woudl eb the hardest to put down."
Strange yes, Cage, not at all. Colossus/Wolverine or Iceman could eliminate him pretty quickly.
#20 Posted by Ebony Bishop (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this isn't the toughest team of Avengers...that's not even Cap or Daredevil, but Hawkeye/Ronin and Echo. It's basically Strange vs. the X-Men, which means how fast can Strange whip up something to take out the rest of them....and probably not faster than Jean or Prof X can think.

Although I suppose it's possible that Strange is shielded from psychic attacks.

#21 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the X-men win.If we are using the current New Avengers,the way they are now..Strange isn't nearly powerful enough to stop Jean.

#22 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X isn't part of this fight. LIke I said, it really comes down to Strange vs. Jean. Without a fixed level for both of their abilities, it's anyone's guess. I think Jean could probably hold her own against Strange on the Astral Plane for at least a little while, leaving an opening for Iceman to take care of him. On the other hand, Strange has all sorts of enchantments and artifacts protecting him at any time. It's a crap shoot.