X-men(Gold) Vs. The Champions

• 191 results
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Current X-men Gold Team Vs The Current Marvel Champions.

• In Character
  • Determined to win
  • Random Encounter (Only have knowledge they would have in universe from past encounters)
  • Cyclops gets his future selfs feats (Pre AvX)

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Do the Champions have any TP resistance? Or any really way of stopping a competent Kitty/Kurt?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Battle123axe

@thevivas: Amadeus has planetary to resist, nova also has extremely impressive tp resist, and viv is viv.

How do they stop an angry Amadeus or viv?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chulk vs Colossus

Viv vs Kitty Pride

Spider Man vs OML

Cyclops vs Storm- depends on who fires first, but actually, in character, cycke would fire before she goes all NLF internal attack-y, and optic beams are faster than lightning anyways

Rachel vs Nova- depends on nova's TP resist, but I'm leaning him

Ms Marvel vs Nightcrawler

Chulk, Viv, Spidey vs Storm, Rachel. Nightcrawler if things go well for the xmen. If Viv and Spidey can do some phasing and venom stinging to get storm and nightcrawler while chulk takes rachel, but i'd think nightcrawler beats spidey (maybe), but i still think in character viv uses her optic blasts and phasing far more than storm uses internall attacks, so i sill say viv. but to be fair, if storm and nightcrawler take down spidey and viv, they may be able to hax a win over chulk. Xmen 3/10 nightcrawler can't solo them both and strom doesn't use her hax often at all.

Chulk, Viv, Cyke, Spidey, and Nova vs Nightcrawler if things go well for the champions.

Poor Nightcrawler.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-men have 3 street levelers in Kitty, OML and Nightcrawler. 1 mid tier in Colossus and 2 high tiers in Storm and Rachel.

The Champions have 1 street leveler in Ms. Marvel. 3 mid tiers in Cyclops, Spidey and Viv. Leaving Hulk and Nova as their high tiers.

At an initial glance it would appear that the Champions have the edge in power while the X-Men have experience and higher skill on their side.

Giving it some thought I'm not certain the Champions have a way to keep Rachel from shutting down their minds or Storm from stopping the electrical impulses of their brains.

I know Nova has some protections againest that sort of thing, but the rest of the Champions to my knowledge don't.

I'd say X-men 8 out of 10.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: Amadeus and viv both have protection towards to

And far before storm uses her electrical impulse stopping abilities, she'd get oneshotted by a blast from cyclops

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Or any really way of stopping a competent Kitty/Kurt?

Kitty/Kurt will not be using the full extent of their potential team-up in character

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: I didn’t mean them teaming up, I meant them not jobbing using their powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@decaf_wizard: I didn’t mean them teaming up, I meant them not jobbing using their powers.

Still though, neither of them go for fatal moves / telefrag last time I checked

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe:

I think you're giving Teen Cyc too much credit here. After all Storm has trained with and fought against the original several times over the years and there's nothing to suggest this version is as skilled or powerful as the first version.

I considered Viv, but I think she becomes a non factor with Kitty there to neutralize her. Add in the fact that Kitty's phasing power plays havoc with electrical stuff and Viv might well be pretty much one shotted, not sure about that though.

In honesty, I think the real battle comes down to the capabilities of Nova and Rachel. I'm simply not well read up enough on this version of Nova to actively predict what he can do. While I'm trying to avoid having Rachel simply use her hax time travel ability to simply send the X-men back 30 minutes in the past and ambush the crap out of the Champions.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheVivas

@decaf_wizard: I know. I wasn’t implying they were going to, just wondering what counter the other team would have against their attacks.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: 1. This is completely different. This is something he begins with in a fight, shed have to be able to do something in the time it takes him to fire a blast, which She can't do.

All viv really has to do is fire a gem blast, and messing up "electronics" and messing up a synethois with the same ability to phase, as well as the ability to become diamond dense, she has every power kitty does and more. I highly, highly doubt kitty can do anything, she really can't, viv isn't just electrical stuff, she's basically both flesh and electronics that's more or less the Internet with visions powers, she wins and there really isn't any concrete evidence otherwise

It's really up to Amadeus and nova. Both can ignore Rachel's technology, nova can more or less blitz and take care of Rachel, and Amadeus can thunderclap and or just throw stuff or his fist

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: the fact you said young scott one shots storm is laughable hes not a the champions are definitely not winning

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men.

Experience gap turns this into a upset even before considering that Storm and Rachel could rip through this team in the first 30 seconds.

There is no argument against TP here.

Nightcrawler Teleport spam makes it too hard for Champions to come together.

Storm, does Storm stuff.

Cho is arguably the only threat they can't easily handle.

Being honest, the only way in hell the X-Men lose is if they completely invest in stupidity. In character Kitty puts her hands into someones head and forces the Champions to surrender. Which they do, because this team isn't experienced enough to understand a bluff or do anything about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1
deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21: this thread was made a bit over a year ago.....why the hell did you bump it?

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazychemist887: didnt really look at the date just commented of you had a issue you could have just ignored it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1
deactivated-5be85ba9d64f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weatherwitch21: Re of original post gets taken into consideration when responding to a thread like this. Gotta think of the teams as they were a year ago. So....yeah.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: the fact you said young scott one shots storm is laughable hes not a the champions are definitely not winning

why are eyeblasts that hurt chulk, who's no-sold nukes up to tsar bombs and tanked explosions capable of rippping apart secondary adamantium, not onehsotting storm?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

lol at cyclops, especially tyke, one shotting storm lolol

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless the Champions have good TP resistance, X-Men.

Frost-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men stomps.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: I believe the post below yours said it best from butterflykyss

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that literally shows me nothing.

cherrypicked instances of storm blocking a weak attack or dodging pathetic blasts tell me nothing about how she'll fare against massive AOE blasts that hurt chulk and matched up with his older self

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Blocking with an external source isn't tanking, peeps. Storm has blocked Cyclops' attacks before. That I have no problem with, but tanking? This would be tanking.

No Caption Provided

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 god_spawn  Moderator

@weatherwitch21 said:

cherrypicked instances of storm blocking a weak attack or dodging pathetic blasts tell me nothing about how she'll fare against massive AOE blasts that hurt chulk and matched up with his older self

It does, though. There'a few occasions where Storm and Cyclops' blasts have shown to stop one another's attacks. Storm did it with that big bolt there in Worlds Apart when Scott was possessed by the Shadow King, so I'm not going to call it a weak blast. Scott also managed to block lightning from an alternate Storm during a spar or something. Regardless, I do agree with the notion of Storm dodging pathetic blasts like that since they were just pathetic little blasts, and in fight for X-Men Leadership, Maddie Pryor planted in him for him to subconsciously throw the fight.

And for general info drops I can casually name 10 people off the top of my head faster than Storm in reaction speed, not powers, that he shoots that he has shot.

Wolverine

Daken

Spider-Man

Beast

Morbius

Northstar (protecting Storm from him)

Quicksilver

Captain America (Steve usually has to use his shield to block vs dodge, but take it for what you will)

Nightcrawler

Sabretooth

Namor

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe said:
@weatherwitch21 said:

It does, though. There'a few occasions where Storm and Cyclops' blasts have shown to stop one another's attacks. Storm did it with that big bolt there in Worlds Apart when Scott was possessed by the Shadow King, so I'm not going to call it a weak blast. Scott also managed to block lightning from an alternate Storm during a spar or something. Regardless, I do agree with the notion of Storm dodging pathetic blasts like that since they were just pathetic little blasts, and in fight for X-Men Leadership, Maddie Pryor planted in him for him to subconsciously throw the fight.

And for general info drops I can casually name 10 people off the top of my head faster than Storm in reaction speed, not powers, that he shoots that he has shot.

Wolverine

Daken

Spider-Man

Beast

Morbius

Northstar (protecting Storm from him)

Quicksilver

Captain America (Steve usually has to use his shield to block vs dodge, but take it for what you will)

Nightcrawler

Sabretooth

Namor

That's fair. I can concede to Ororo blocking a blast or two or scott doing the same, but it's not gonna be an extended encounter

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Battle123axe

cho and Nova can take on most of the team by themselves, TP is a problem, but Amadeus can resist it for long enough to take out Rachel, and the other team can't really do much about him either.

Cho punks colossus while nova fries logan, and while he heals Cho punts him to the next continent, Viv takes out kitty, sure kitty has superior experience but Viv has too much going for her. cyke and storm can go 50/50. If storm wins, Cho thunderclaps or Sam blasts her, if cyke wins he helps the other street levelers take out Kurt if they haven't already.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@battle123axe: Their fight regardless wouldn't be an extended encounter. Both are so fast on the draw and powerful that it will be a one shot encounter. The difference between them is Storm can mult-task via while having to do little to nothing.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at Storm being one shotted. Lmao X-men literally whoops them

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

Lmao at Storm being one shotted. Lmao X-men literally whoops them

I'm curious, what's so funny about it?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: because Storm isn’t going to hesitate in the past and wait for him to strike. That’s what funny about it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

@kasya_carey: But that’s not what being one shotted means. Laughing at her being one shotted would mean she has the durability to stand up to such an attack and someone is glossing over that. Which she, as in herself, does not have that capacity.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I didn’t say it was. Said nothing of the sort. I said it was funny because he’s not gonna have to chance to do it. Storm will literally end him with wind alone before he could fire a beam.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@kasya_carey: But that’s what you were laughing at in your original post. Laughing at the chance of him hitting her is one thing, regardless of opinion, vs her actually having the durability to not go down in one hit is what, which is what being one shotted would be involved in.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: yeah, I laughed at the fact that Cyclops would oneshot Storm before she ends him. That doesn’t mean I said her body was super durable.

What are you talking about? I didn’t say Storm had a huge durability even though it’s above human to a certain degree.

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
Adm1ralSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes people should refrain from posting when they have mediocre points to make and argue on.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X Men have tons more experience and would win.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Champions wreck.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 god_spawn  Moderator

@kasya_carey: I never said you did say Storm has a huge durability advantage. My point is you said “lmao as Cyclops one shotting Storm”. That comes across as laughing at Cyclops being able to one and done her. By your initial statement, it comes across as a could not situation, as in him not being able to vs him not getting the chance to.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Battle123axe

I don't get what's funny. Storm's not faster than cyke, let alone to the point where she can get him before she gets rekt 10/10 times.

Since someone seems to not get what I mean here, I mean storm's not fast enough to blitz cyclops to the point where she wins 100% of the time.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: so which is it 50/50 or 100 because your saying 2 different things. And no hes not faster and she would not get rekt her powers work faster then his so she would get a hit on him first and she can block his attack fairly easily while he doesnt have that option. It's funny that you think he supposedly so far above her when evidence has already shows who really is.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: also Rachel can get past his defenses before he can get to her you forgot she is also a telekinetic.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: lmao now this is really funny. She’s fast enough to blast his blast close hand and far away several times. Anyways

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: before he’s not oneshotting Storm. Storm can easily flash freeze him, which is in character and be done. He can’t fight wind, so he can easily be blown away. Storm wind and lightning is fast enough to counter his beams. So yes lol at cyclops oneshotting. It’s not a problem for someone above to say cyclops oneshots Storm, but if I said Storm oneshots. I would be deemed a Storm raindrop or whatever. It’s funny how things work here.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

My initial impression is the X-Men can take a majority due to fire power, greater experience, team work, and TP edge. Chulk, Nova & Viv should be very credible threats so I think a fair argument can be made for how they can make this a decent fight and can potentially best some of the X-Men. Chulk could be BFR’d from the start to give the X-Men some time for his teammates to be dealt with. Also, while I don’t think Storm would go for a brain fry in-character out the gate she would pull the air out of lungs so if he needs to breathe she could KO him that way.

If it came down to Storm vs Cyclops, which has been debated a lot, even with his pre-AvX feats - Storm would take a solid majority.

She has attacks he isn’t dodging. But being fair - he can one-shot her the same as she can one-shot him, so it is a quickdraw to a fair degree. But looking at ways she can defend/evade against his attacks vs his ability to defend/evade - she has the edge.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 god_spawn  Moderator

@god_spawn: before he’s not oneshotting Storm. Storm can easily flash freeze him, which is in character and be done. He can’t fight wind, so he can easily be blown away. Storm wind and lightning is fast enough to counter his beams. So yes lol at cyclops oneshotting. It’s not a problem for someone above to say cyclops oneshots Storm, but if I said Storm oneshots. I would be deemed a Storm raindrop or whatever. It’s funny how things work here.

And Cyclops has shown he can react to her lightning before. Cyclops has shown to be able to tag opponents much faster than Storm. So no “lol” at Cyclops being unable to one shot her. And nowhere did I actually put Cyclops over Storm. If you actually paid attention to anything I said previously, I defended Storm against Cyclops saying she was capable of defending against his blast. In terms of blocking. I will admit in Cyclops’ favor I gave opponents that can move faster than Storm but that doesn’t mean the end all-be all of the fight. I also gave Storm the advantage in being able to multi-task over Cyclops, which means if she manages to block a blast, which I admitted to she is able to, things fall in her favor. I’m just saying both of these characters are capable of one shotting each other, it just depends who happens to be faster on that day, and with both being relatively even in that regard, I’d probably favor Storm due to versatility. But by no means does being more versatile make one inherently better if the other can hit the other.

If anything, Thunderbolt30 hit the nail on the head for my general opinion.

I also never mentioned anything about the raindrops either.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

I don't get what's funny. Storm's not faster than cyke, let alone to the point where she can get him before she gets rekt 10/10 times.

bruh you stepping in it... i mean you are right since Storm isn't fast enough to dodge a taser but you are angering the storm fans