• 173 results
#1 Edited by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Artemis suspects X-23 to be host of demonic forces and has decided to 'help' the unfortunate mutant, but still cannot pass up the chance for a bit of competition.

-Round 1: h2h only, no blades, no claws.
-Round 2: adamantium claws vs. two-handed sword 

Both are initially unaware of the others powers.
Note: Artemis is on regular Amazon levels.

Win conditions: Incapacitation (even if temporarily) and death.

X-23 #4
X-23 #4

Artemis
Artemis
#2 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump or a horrible one-sided stomp?

#3 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Artemis seems more impressive since she's basically Wonder Woman in the hand to hand department. So i give her the win.

Round 2: X-23 the adamantium claws make it tough for Artemis, since it won't take X long to slice through her sword. Close fight but i think X-23 wins this round.

#4 Edited by TifaLockhart (20993 posts) - - Show Bio

2. I give this to X-23 in a brutal fight. Adamantium is a pain.

#5 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Afro_Warrior: But how good is Diana in unarmed combat when you reduce her physical capabilities to a normal Amazons? (I know Artemis is physically superior in this round, but I figure Laura's healing factor and usual stubbornness weights it out. Also, Artemis usually catches Diana off guard because she doesn't hold back .)
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: What about round 1? And are you certain? Artemis is the one the other superheroes turn to when training is needed (like Cassandra and Supergirl).
#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (20993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: I'm not sure as to #1. Artemis should IMO due to superior strength, but the powercreep of regenerators is insane.

And the reason I give Laura the win in scenario #2 is because I'm pretty sure adamantium can cut through the not-adamantium or prometheum sword and Artemis too if her "hard durability" is anything like Wonder Woman's.

#7 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: I'll admit i missed the part about her being reduced to Amazon levels. That makes it a much tougher and brutal fight. I'm not sure if Artemis is going to be capable of overloading X's healing factor. Are X's bones adamantium or is it just her claws? Hmm... I think i'll still give it to the Amazon but only just 6/10 if this was a best of ten.

#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (20993 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh snap, I missed the normal Amazon levels part too. X-23 for both, IMO.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#9 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Artemis

2. X-23

#10 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Afro_Warrior: @venomoushatred1001: @venomoushatred1001: Not sure of this changes anything for you, but I forgot to add win conditions.
#11 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85:

Artemis does not have any powers. Not even Themyscira Amazon stats. She is Bana Mighdall, strictly human when off of Paradise Island.

#12 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: Nah it's ok, maybe makes it slightly easier for Artemis in round 1 but it doesn't change a huge amount.

#13 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

Round 1: Artemis seems more impressive since she's basically Wonder Woman in the hand to hand department. So i give her the win.

Round 2: X-23 the adamantium claws make it tough for Artemis, since it won't take X long to slice through her sword. Close fight but i think X-23 wins this round.

She is not Wonder Woman in H2H.

#14 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

Both rounds :X-23

Avatar image for man_without_fear
#15 Posted by Man Without Fear (227 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stronger said:

Both rounds :X-23

#16 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: I thought the two were equals in combat, that's how i interpreted it in The Contest.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: I would disagree with that as her own CW page has a pic of Artemis throwing WW around when Diana came to get her out of Hell, also she wouldn't be able to be any kind of threat to Batman, much less physically overpower him if she did not have the same stat's as other Amazons (who prettly much ruined Washington DC with nothing but swords, spears and a few monsters).
#18 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Erik: I thought the two were equals in combat, that's how i interpreted it in The Contest.

Which was terrible writing in its own right by a terrible writer. But it was later retconned that Hippolyta had a spell cast on Artemis and Diana that when they were close to one another, Artemis would sap Diana's power and ability. Otherwise Diana would have crushed her without effort.

#19 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Erik: I would disagree with that as her own CW page has a pic of Artemis throwing WW around when Diana came to get her out of Hell, also she wouldn't be able to be any kind of threat to Batman, much less physically overpower him if she did not have the same stat's as other Amazons (who prettly much ruined Washington DC with nothing but swords, spears and a few monsters).

See my above post.

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Still doesnt explain why Batman had to use sedatives to overcome her, or how she beat Supergirl in a fencing match.
#21 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Ahh ok then. Must have missed that retcon.

The Contest is pretty much my only interaction with Artemis, so i can't really give an appropriate answer to this battle.

#22 Posted by Superskrull86 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 FTW for both rounds.

#23 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Erik: Still doesnt explain why Batman had to use sedatives to overcome her, or how she beat Supergirl in a fencing match.

Supergirl was not using powers and is basically a novice fighter. She beat Batman because she is still an Amazon and still has Amazon training. Aside from that, she is the very best of the Bana, which arguably puts her in the same area as lower to mid skilled Themysica Amazons (relative to themselves since even the least skilled Themyscira Amazon is potentially lethal to any non-powered human. But just because she is extremely skilled does not mean she could even hope to beat Diana. Why do you think Hippolyta actually had to have Artemis sap Diana's abilities? Because sapping her powers was not enough.

#24 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

@Erik: Ahh ok then. Must have missed that retcon.

The Contest is pretty much my only interaction with Artemis, so i can't really give an appropriate answer to this battle.

Loebs should never have touched WW. Compared to any other Post Crisis WW writer, he is absolutely the worst.

#25 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: According to you she doesn't have any Amzon's powers when off Themyscira, simple difference in weight is enough to see Artemis has super human strength or does she have some sort of magic ability to tackle batman out of the air as he drops on her? Also Superman called her their fiercest Amazon warrior...so she is probaly capable of beating all by Diana and Hippolyta in a straight fight (theres a reason why Artemis was the trainer and Diana just one the one holding flags). And why did Hippolyta need to drain Diana? Obviously to make absolutely certain that Diana's own willpower did not spur her to new heights and risk actually winning.
#26 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Erik: According to you she doesn't have any Amzon's powers when off Themyscira, simple difference in weight is enough to see Artemis has super human strength or does she have some sort of magic ability to tackle batman out of the air as he drops on her? Also Superman called her their fiercest Amazon warrior...so she is probaly capable of beating all by Diana and Hippolyta in a straight fight (theres a reason why Artemis was the trainer and Diana just one the one holding flags). And why did Hippolyta need to drain Diana? Obviously to make absolutely certain that Diana's own willpower did not spur her to new heights and risk actually winning.

No. She does not. Where are your facts? Where was it ever stated that the Bana have the gifts that were specifically rejected when they rejected the Greek gods 3000 years ago? I would love for you to provide this evidence. Superman is not law. Especially when he has not spent much of any time among the Amazon people. If you want to make up fan fiction fine. But do us all the courtesy of stating as much.

#27 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Superman is not law, and neither are you, if you think a 70kg woman is going to tackle a 80-90kg (if not more) man out of the sky when he's coming towards her, then please come out of that fantasy world you live in and find out such things as gravity does exist.
#28 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Erik: Superman is not law, and neither are you, if you think a 70kg woman is going to tackle a 80-90kg (if not more) man out of the sky when he's coming towards her, then please come out of that fantasy world you live in and find out such things as gravity does exist.

I am not law but I know a lot more about Wonder Woman history than you do.... considering I actually read her issues and you do not. And FYI, a well conditioned human girl is more than capable of pulling off the feat you just listed. It is possible to not only use one's momentum against them but to block it outright. Nothing she did in her fight with Batman was superhuman.

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Ok, first of all, I think I owe you an apology for blowing up like that, it was uncalled for.
Secondly, ok Artemis did not pick Batman out of the sky the way I thought she did (which I thought was meeting him head on while he tried to land on her), instead he landed before they engaged in a short fight that seemed to end after Artemis punches Batman in the stomach and drops him as a result. Considering Batman's usual n'th level of martial arts (and how he normally refuses to fall over despite injuries), if Artemis is able to drop him after landing one single blow...well, that's genuinely impressive on Artemis' part.
Thirdly, our argument seems to boil down to if Bana amazons have the same superhuman stats that Themyscirans do, I believe they do, and you do not.
Now I believe they do for these reasons;
  •  they may have forsaken Olympus but I dont recall anywhere that the gods withdrew the superhuman strength from them after parting ways, but you are welcome to prove me wrong there
  • The Bana did receive new targets for worship in the Egyptian Gods
  • I believe it was actually pre-Perez stuff that had Amazons loose their superhuman stats if they left the island, afterwards it was just their agelessness they lost. A trend that seems to be continued with the Amazon in Demon Knights exhibiting a great amount of strength.
  • When Bana-Mighdall was destroyed, the Bana, with Circe's help decided to invade Themyscira, despite them having more modern weapons, I'd say it would be a pretty reckless move to make if they weren't physically up to fighting a host of far more experienced and superpowered soldiers
  • You've mentioned a few times that Hippolyta had a spell cast on Diana, to rig the results for the competition, I get and agree with that was what happened. However, that still leaves it to be explained why Artemis could throw Diana around in Hell, assuming the spell was removed either after Artemis died or when Diana confronted Hippolyta about it.
  • Recent writing suggests even rogue Bana amazons have superhuman strength, like Grace Choi and the Bana terrorists she ended up fighting during Amazons Attack, so it would be pretty odd if those Bana that live on Paradise Island do not have this.
  • Finally considering their roots and overall mission of promoting equality, it would be pretty weird of Themyscira to assimilate a vast amount of people that are physically far beneath them without somehow raising them to their own physical standards. Also since they came from the time when the Phalanx formation was about the smartest military ploy around, the Bana wouldn't actually fit into that kind of formation as they would be unable to hold the shield wall as effectively as a other Themycirans, which is crucial for the formation to be effective. (This is however pure speculation on my part)
#30 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85:

No problem. I can hardly judge you for blowing up without cause when I have done it myself plenty of times. So now that we are out of the red, we can both get back to just the facts.

• The reason why they do not have the god's enchantments is because not a single one of the Bana are creations of the gods. They are descendants. Descendants that have gone through 3,000 years of breeding out such physical stats. Now that is not to say that they are not peak though. The Bana took measures of only choosing the men of the greatest stock to be their breeding slaves, though an argument can be made that the benefit of doing such is lost considering they starved and constantly drugged their slaves. Furthermore, it was stated in issue 59 of WW volume 2 that the Bana are not a physical match when Pythia, an Amazon who was not even a soldier by trade (I believe she was an artist) defeated 3 Bana with ease. It was stated that Circe does not hold much regard for the Bana specifically because they are physically inferior and try to make up for this inferiority with tech.
  • What the Bana worship has never been stated as far as I remember... unless it was stated under Loebs, whose writing was almost completely retconned so I would not put too much stock in that if it were. It has stated that they do worship something, but that does not mean they are granted gifts because of that worship.
  • No. That was Loebs that stated such. The Themysciran's lose their immortality off Paradise Island under every other writer. They were created with their gifts and taken to Paradise Island later to be given immortality. Demon Knights in the DCNU? Different universe, different rules. I cannot really dispute that. Post Crisis however, I can.
  • It was reckless and misguided.... but that is what Circe does, she manipulates people into doing stuff they know is otherwise stupid. AND they never won nor were we given the impression that they would have. Circe hoped they would wipe each other out.
  • Hippolyta actually discovered the spell was never removed even after Artemis' death. She even asked Magala (who had cast the spell) to investigate why it never was lifted after the expected amount of time and if possible, to remove it in issue 124 of WW volume 2.
  • Grace Choi is meta as far as I know but I am no expert on her. The Bana in Amazons Attack were a branch off of the Bana. They are not part of the actual Bana so who knows what they were into or whether or not Circe enchanted them. It was never revealed. By that time though, the true Bana were actually absorbed into the Themysciran Amazons.
  • They are descendants of the Amazons sisters. Absorbing them into their ranks does not mean they were given the enchantments they never had nor were promised. I do not understand how they would even get those enchantments in the first place since it is not for the Amazons to decide who gets it and who does not. It is the Greek Gods. Gods the Bana have never worshiped. And this part is not really part of the discussion but the Bana were not originally absorbed into the rest of the Amazons. They were allowed to stay on the island in their own destitute section (which was stupid because it was PARADISE island.... stupid Loebs) of the island as "reward" for their sacrifice and punishment for both invading the island and also helping defend it. They were later fully integrated when civil war broke out on the island between the two factions as a result of Magala's coup against Diana and Hippolyta.
#31 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

Also here is the scan where Hippolyta states she wants the spell lifted in issue 124:

No Caption Provided

And here is where it is stated that the Bana are physically inferior in issue 59:

No Caption Provided
#32 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Outside_85:

No problem. I can hardly judge you for blowing up without cause when I have done it myself plenty of times. So now that we are out of the red, we can both get back to just the facts.

• The reason why they do not have the god's enchantments is because not a single one of the Bana are creations of the gods. They are descendants. Descendants that have gone through 3,000 years of breeding out such physical stats. Now that is not to say that they are not peak though. The Bana took measures of only choosing the men of the greatest stock to be their breeding slaves, though an argument can be made that the benefit of doing such is lost considering they starved and constantly drugged their slaves. Furthermore, it was stated in issue 59 of WW volume 2 that the Bana are not a physical match when Pythia, an Amazon who was not even a soldier by trade (I believe she was an artist) defeated 3 Bana with ease. It was stated that Circe does not hold much regard for the Bana specifically because they are physically inferior and try to make up for this inferiority with tech.
  • What the Bana worship has never been stated as far as I remember... unless it was stated under Loebs, whose writing was almost completely retconned so I would not put too much stock in that if it were. It has stated that they do worship something, but that does not mean they are granted gifts because of that worship.
  • No. That was Loebs that stated such. The Themysciran's lose their immortality off Paradise Island under every other writer. They were created with their gifts and taken to Paradise Island later to be given immortality. Demonn Knights in the DCNU? Different universe, different rules. I cannot really dispute that. Post Crisis however, I can.
  • It was reckless and misguided.... but that is what Circe does, she manipulates people into doing stuff they know is otherwise stupid. AND they never won nor were we given the impression that they would have. Circe hoped they would wipe each other out.
  • Hippolyta actually discovered the spell was never removed even after Artemis' death. She even asked Magala (who had cast the spell) to nvestigate why it never was lifted after the expected amount of time and if possible, to remove it in issue 124 of WW volume 2.
  • Grace Choi is meta as far as I know but I am no expert on her. The Bana in Amazons Attack were a branch off of the Bana. They are not part of the actual Bana so who knows what they were into or whether or not Circe enchanted them. It was never revealed. By that time though, the true Bana were actually absorbed into the Themysciran Amazons.
  • They are descendants of the Amazons sisters. Absorbing them into their ranks does not mean they were given the enchantments they never had nor were promised. I do not understand how they would even get those enchantments in the first place since it is not for the Amazons to decide who gets it and who does not. It is the Greek Gods. Gods the Bana have never worshiped. And this part is not really part of the discussion but the Bana were not originally absorbed into the rest of the Amazons. They were allowed to stay on the island in their own destitute section (which was stupid because it was PARADISE island.... stupid Loebs) of the island as "reward" for their sacrifice and punishment for both invading the island and also helping defend it. They were later fully integrated when civil war broke out on the island between the two factions as a result of Magala's coup against Diana and Hippolyta.
0_o Yeah....what he said.
#33 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow:

Lol wall-o-text burnses ma eyez!

#34 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: I got to like point four  of your post after reading @Outside_85: post and was just like "Well It's clear I'm not needed here...Storm wins" XD
#35 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow:

Lol. Yeah unless you are a WW fanboy like me, this discussion might not be for you lol.

#36 Posted by Final Arrow (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: Im a big 80's-90's WW fan, but you got this covered.
#37 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow said:

@Erik: Im a big 80's-90's WW fan, but you got this covered.

<--- Flexes knowledge of Post Crisis WW muscles.

#38 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik Dude...seriously impressed by the depth of your knowledge.
#39 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Erik Dude...seriously impressed by the depth of your knowledge.

Thanks. I spent a few months reading literally every single Post Crisis Wonder Woman solo issue. I am getting ready to complete my WW knowledge by reading through the JLA titles once I get some trades ordered.

#40 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik:  Ok, impressive but i have a few pointers.
  1. In regards to Circe...well she wouldn't need to do much since Bana-Mighdall was buried under the sands by Hermes (out of retaliation for Diana getting hurt or something, thats how i understood it atleast), but yeah, she was hoping they'd wipe each other out but didn't want to take the chance and sent them all and the island to a hell dimension.
  2. Actually it has been depicted who the Bana worship; once that the Olympians invited the Egyptian Goddess over because of the people they shared and (i think) to bless the new Paradise Island. Also the reason why Bana-Mighdall could stay hidden for centuries in a sand storm was because of their gods making it so.
  3. Well, pre-Perez for me goes all the way back to Marsdons creation (and all the crazyness with bindings and bracelet removal). Btw, I concur that its the immortality that's lost, but I haven't read anywhere that stated the Amazons loose their strength when off the island.
  4. See 1 :)
  5. Just to point out the page only states Hippolyta suspects it is so...if you have a follow up scan? 
  6. Actually she is an Amazon, the Brotherhood of Evil knew it (or to be precise Brain and Mallah did), Batman knew it, the Bana terrorists told it to her face that she was of Bana heritage (they tested her blood).
  7. That part I know and Hippolyta decided to leave in favour of the JSA, making Philipus and Artemis joint rulers of the island if I am not mistaken. But how they got powers? Well, perhaps the Egyptian deities decided that they needed to even things out? (Actually its on wikipedia under Themyscira that the Egyptians are involved, this is post-Our Worlds at War)

No Caption Provided

Just to add something, yeah, I do happen to write FF and I have around 2000 pages of a story that features Artemis to a large degree, so my view of her could possibly be tainted by that...(and I had been drinking captain morgan when the gasket blew)...so I probably shouldn't debate under those conditions.
#41 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85:  
  1. It was never even stated that a single Bana was killed by Hermes destroying their city. 
  2. What issue or story arc because that is not really ringing a bell. I have to remember a lot of WW stuff so it is likely I forgot but the only time I remember the gods getting together to bless the island was in volume 3 and it was several different gods that had nothing to do with the Bana. And it says in issue 35 of WW volume 2 that the Bana city does have a wall of wind and sand given by a goddess but it also says that that goddess is forgotten. 
  3. Pre-Perez was volume 1, which is Pre-Crisis. I have not read those issues yet. 
  4. Circe was just hedging her bets. 
  5. Yes I do. The spell still being on WW was actually part of the plot for that story arc. It was killing WW. Hippolyta was told this when she entered The Source in issue 126. Correction: It was the attack on her soul that was killing her but the spell put on Diana is what enabled that blast to kill her. 
  6. I never said Grace is not an Amazon. I just also said I believe she is a meta (considering her power set is nothing like any Amazon) and that I do not know much about her either way since she is not from the two main factions. 
  7. Ah... Well that explains it. Our Worlds at War only had two issue in WW volume 2 (issue 172 and 173) and that scan you posted was not from either of those 2 issues. The WW issues were at the mid point of the event. So you have me on that one. The Bana are revealed to worship Egyptian gods later (which is a retcon of Perez's writing in issue 35). So I guess you can skip my question in point 2.  

Here is where it stated under Perez that the goddess that enchanted the city was long forgotten and until the issue you mentioned, their gods were never mentioned again. I am trying to find the issue where the Bana and Themyscirans prayed to together under Perez and it stated something along the lines that they do not worship gods but rather ideals or some such:
No Caption Provided
And here is where the Source revealed that the spell was killing Diana in 126: 
No Caption Provided
#42 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

Artemis takes round 1. X takes 2.

#43 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik
  1. Perhaps not, but I guess most people get pretty mad if their homes have to be excavated, added the Bana probably saw that as a declaration of war on Themyscira's part ("Your God, Your Princess, OUR Homes!").
  2. Could be a later recon that made the forgotten goddess into one of the Egyptians
  3. True...and where Ares was more embarrassing than menacing (and went by Mars)
  4. Atm I only remember Circe hating just Wonder Woman for spoiling her island fun house rather than Amazons in general.
  5. Uhh...as I read that, it is more Hippolyta's fear that's being brought to life; she fears that her spell is the reason why Diana was dying (same way Donna is being haunted by the original Titans) and subsequently turned into a bonafied goddess. By the way; wasn't WW put in the hospital because of Neron blasting her?
  6. Well, I consider her powers to be pretty much standard amazon, super strength, durability and so on...difference is that she never knew what she was as she was stuck in a child slavery ring from about as early as she can remember, after breaking out/getting rescued she grew up alone and turned into the person she was pre-reboot...if i am not mistaken she was actually content with being a bouncer at a metahuman bar.
  7. :)
#44 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85:  
Actually I was flipping through some issues to find anything else that would be relevant to the discussion and I actually found where that scan you posted is from. It is not from Our Worlds at War as I first thought (which was a misread of your post on my part) it is from issue 177 and it specifically stated that both collections of gods were of the Themysciran and Bana gods. 
#45 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85:  
  1. They could have harbored resentment for that but Diana saved them several times by then and the Bana were sworn to protect her as it was the dying wish of their then current queen. 
  2. Glad we agree on that. 
  3. You know more about that than I do. I have not touched Pre-Crisis yet. 
  4. Circe hates the Amazons. It was because of her that the Bana were created in the first place. She gave Ariadne the ability to take revenge on Theseus and Antiope 3,000 years ago. 
  5. I made the correction before you posted. I am going completely off memory here. 
  6. Themysciran Amazons are only just above peak. Roughly Deathstroke level. 
#46 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik
  1. Hmm, I didn't know that...but then again Circe has a thing about twisting the minds of others.
4. Thought it was just what they evolved into after riding off in pursuit of vengeance (don't remember if they ever found it before venturing into the deserts).
6. Since beginning this discussion I looked into Amazons Attack again and i found one panel where Batman was about to be beheaded by one amazon before Superman throws a garbage container at her, something she would survive according to Batman, granted DS does have a healing factor, but I dont see how even a peak human would survive that.
#47 Edited by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85:  
  1. Wonder Woman revealed it in issue 33 of volume 2. Scan is below. 
  2. That was what separated the Amazons from one another but they eventually merged with Theseus' people and that would have been the end of them but then Circe meddled with them and caused that offshoot of Amazons that there would never be peace between them and Man as also stated in issue 33. 
  3. The Amazon was wearing armor and they are still above peak. 

No Caption Provided
#48 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 gets the boot first round. She wins round two mostly because she has a HF.

#49 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Outside_85:  

Lol and in case you were wondering how Wonder Woman found this out since the Themysciran Amazons were ignorant to the rest of the world for 3,000 years, Circe admitted as much to Wonder Woman in issue 19 of volume 2.  

No Caption Provided
#50 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel I should also point out that the only time Artemis did anything I would classify as super human, she was either fighting Diana or wearing the Gauntlet of Atlas (which was written with severe inconsistencies... stupid Loebs).