#51 Posted by reaverlation (25869 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for christianrapper
#52 Posted by christianrapper (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

I t

wow, these threads. he could lose to these guys one on one. together they destroy him.

Hyperion wouldn't last against WWH.

he is way faster than the hulk and is just as strong or stronger. he also has way more powers. he has the hulk's powers and more. he would destroy the hulk without pis.

#53 Posted by reaverlation (25869 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: No speed feats to suggest that at all. Hulk has already overpowered Hyperion and Hulk is already confirmed the strongest hero or Marvel Earth. Versatility don't mean anything when they can't sufficiently harm their opponent.

#54 Edited by christianrapper (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation said:

@christianrapper: No speed feats to suggest that at all. Hulk has already overpowered Hyperion and Hulk is already confirmed the strongest hero or Marvel Earth. Versatility don't mean anything when they can't sufficiently harm their opponent.

the hulk is not the strongest hero on earth. hyperion can fly into space unaided (or lose to circus freaks in his own book). he is way too fast for the hulk.

#55 Posted by reaverlation (25869 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation said:

the hulk is not the strongest hero on earth. hyperion can fly into space unaided (or lose to circus freaks in his own book). he is way too fast for the hulk.

Hulk has already overpowered Hyperion and Hulk's been confirmed the strongest heroes through character files. I don't understand how flying into space is a feat but cool. Hyperion doesn't have speed feats. Did you overlook Ghost's post? I'd say he did a pretty good job why Hulk is superior to either false supermen

#56 Posted by christianrapper (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper said:
@reaverlation said:

Hulk has already overpowered Hyperion and Hulk's been confirmed the strongest heroes through character files. I don't understand how flying into space is a feat but cool. Hyperion doesn't have speed feats. Did you overlook Ghost's post? I'd say he did a pretty good job why Hulk is superior to either false supermen

flying into space means that he can move at least 7 miles a second. he could kill the hulk before he formed a thought. however, heroes like hyperion don't use their speed when they fight slower characters like the hulk because there won't be a story. it's the same reason the flash can get tagged by deathsroke. it's pis. if hyperion used his speed and powers to the fullest he would destroy the hulk. by character files, hercules is the marvel's strongest hero.

#57 Edited by 20damon (6054 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: You DO know Hulk has JUMPED into space....?

No Caption Provided

Not to mention reacted to Gladiator when he tried to BFR into space. So..... your point?

#58 Posted by christianrapper (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

@20damon said:

@christianrapper: You DO know Hulk has JUMPED into space....?

No Caption Provided

Not to mention reacted to Gladiator when he tried to BFR into space. So..... your point?

the hulk has jumped into low earth orbit. however, the hulk can't control his body and his movements in low earth orbit.

#59 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

Team FTW

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#60 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@atheistknowledge said:

Well apart from Hulk already overpowering Hyperion, Hickman the guy that gave all those feats to Hyperion, straight up came out and said when asked about Hyperion, Hulk and Thor. He said Hulk is the strongest, Thor is the one he likes to write the most and Hyperion is the one he will give the most feats too seeing as he was the only one without a solo series at the time. The Gladiator feats are outliers and high end feats that don't bode well with his consistent feats where he operates on a much, much lower level then that. WWH stopped a crazy Sentry who according to the writer was about to destroy and kill everyone and everything, he took a beating from ZomStrange where ZomStrange had enough power to punch Hulk and shove his entire fist through his stomach, yet it didn't stop Hulk, he momentarily stopped Juggernaut with his physical strength alone, he inhaled a gas that releases as much energy inside him as 134 strongest punches Hercules can deliver, he took a planet shattering kinetic beam with nothing but a bloody nose, a 100 trillion ton punch with a smile, he took on teams and waves of heroes... Honestly Green Scar has consistently operated on a higher level then either Gladiator or Hyperion, in fact he was so crazy it finally took a Skyfather to bring him down.

Hickman also said that Hyperion tanking the destruction of two universes and then Hulk harming him was on purpose. Authors are not really a good proof of characters' power levels, especially when that's countradicted in story with such frequency.

Gladiator talk - look in my post above.

WWHulk didn't stop crazy Sentry, he stalemated with unstable Sentry. The one with least impressive feats. ZomStrange was holding back tremendously and was specifically not trying to kill Hulk. Hell, he even stated he can do that easily, but did not. He didn't stop Juggernaut (unless you mean depowered one, which is not impressive), he only redirected his path. Oh and btw. I know people are gonna bash on me for that, but hear me out. In WWH What-If (can already hear you shouting "non-canon!") where Thor fought WWHulk instead of Sentry, they were portrayed as equals and matched against each other fairly well. Now I know this isn't canon, however, considering the differentiation from the 616 universe happened only during WWH, it pretty much means that everything that happened on Earth-616 happened in that universe as well, with Thor and Hulk having the same feats like in canon. It basically means that canon Thor faced canon WWHulk, just in another universe. Point being, no, WWHulk doesn't operate on a level higher than Thor, Glads or Hype.

All these feats are good and all, but I have already explained above that Hyperion stopping Rogue Planet is way more impressive than that. Same with Glads punching planet apart in 3 blows and regulary keeping up with people equal or superior to Thor.

And what skyfather are you talking about? Sentry, who was unstable? Nah.

Yes because it was a high end flashy feat, which is something Hickman is known for. I mean that same Hickman had Hulk hold the weight of a star on his back. Except nothing contradicts that Hulk is not stronger then Hyperion. Hickman both confirmed that he is while giving Hulk a better strength feat as well.

Yes he did, the author himself quite literally confirms that Hulk stopped Sentry from destroying everyone and everything. The one with least impressive feats? You mean feats of unleashing power like never before and threatening to obliterate the entire planet, while causing fires that couldn't be stopped from burning for 3 whole days? ZomStrange had no problems killing Hulk nor was he holding back, how does one hold back when he drives an entire fist through his torso

No Caption Provided

seriously how??? I mean that same ZomStrange almost killed civilians if Hulk hadn't saved them which snapped ZomStrange out of his madness giving Hulk the opportunity to beat him down. Most other heroes would literally die from an attack like this, including the 2 fake Supermen in this thread. Yet Hulk kept on fighting and healing. Yes Strange said he could kill Hulk easily but that was Strange himself with his mystical abilities, after Hulk broke his hand he did not have this option so he resorted to using Zom and beating Hulk down with brute force. No he quite literally stopped the Juggernaut momentarily as confirmed by the writer.

No Caption Provided

Yes except in that What If it was not regular Thor it was Odin Force Thor... You wanna know what else, since we are bringing up what if's, here is the original script for WWH that Greg Pak had http://www.theweeklycrisis.com/2008/07/what-world-war-hulk-should-have-been.html it shows WWH fighting OF Thor to a stalemate and breaking every bone in Sentry's body with one punch. Regular Hulk already operates on a level higher then Thor, Gladiator or Hyperion, physically speaking, WWH takes it on a even higher level. The only way you can make the conclusion you do is if you ignore everything i presented to you and i have even more comparisons coming up that prove my point.

And Hulk holding the weight of a star is more superior to Hyperion as well as overpowering Hyperion physically and having the writer confirm Hulk is stronger. And Grey Hulk one shot an asteroid twice the size of Earth, these feats are outliers, flashy feats that characters do from time to time that are not on the same level as their regular and consistent feats i mean i can bring you many, many other feats of Gladiator that make him consistently much weaker then this.

No i am talking about Zeus, the only character that put a beating on Green Scar, before that nothing really stopped him.

Anyway here is a direct comparison from Anhilius that he made about Hulk and Gladiator.

First off the fight with Hulk he had

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

and here is his fight with Gladiator where he makes a direct comparison

As you can see Hulk did better in every department as he tanked more from Anhilius, did more damage to him as he actually managed to damage his newfound body, Hulk also lasted much longer and was not knocked out in the end, Anhilius himself mentions how Hulk gave him a much more engaging contest. This was all written by Jim Starlin himself the same guy that had Thanos BFR Gladiator because he was physically the most imposing one there and the same guy that also had Thanos mention this about Hulk

No Caption Provided

So as you can see Hulk by himself is more of an imposing threat physically then either of the 2 characters here, while WWH makes the gap large enough for him to take both of them on.

#61 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@christianrapper: The Hulk has escaped Earths orbit before and in that picture he escapes Mars orbit and still has enough speed and strength to push a Moon sized space station across space so fast it ignited as it landed on a rogue planet going 500 000mph.

No Caption Provided

Also Hulk was confirmed to be Marvels strongest hero

No Caption Provided

why you bring Hercules i really don't know since Hercules is Thors physical equal which is beneath Hulk, especially considering Hulk mauled his face in 3 hits before. Even recently Alex Alonso the executive editor at Marvel came out and said Hulk has the most physical raw power out of any of their superheroes. So you need to stop spreading misinformation.

I have asked you this several times already in the past and every time you fail to back up your claims, show me a single, just ONE single speed feat from Hyperion that makes him too fast for Hulk. I know every single feat from Hyperion i even read his current solo series that no one else does where he struggles to fight against circus clowns... Your faulty logic is too obvious, every time you pick a character based on how similar they are in look to Superman, you don't care about their feats, you make up and like about their feats, you outright ignore all the counter-arguments. To simply pick character A over character B, solely because character A looks similar to Superman is one of the worst reasonings i have ever seen on this site, without exaggeration. I like the Hulk, so am i suppose to pick every single character similar to Hulk over someone like Thor for instance? No, that would be childish as i judge each character based on their individual feats and Hyperion has no speed feats to help him against Hulk, in fact if you wanna compare speed feats i can bring dozens more for Hulk then you can for Hyperion, Hulk has better strength feats and way better striking feats which even managed to hurt Hyperion, unlike Hyperions who couldn't hurt Hulk.

#62 Posted by kgb725 (18771 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Who said? Post-Sakaar core breach no one has even disputed Hulk being the strongest as far as i know.

#64 Posted by Jestersmiles (9826 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps too this

Loading Video...

#65 Edited by Toratorn (7192 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Okay, let's do this.

Yes. He didn't hurt Hulk, in fact, Hulk wasn't harmed in 6 different series as Indestructible Hulk and not even receiving Thanos's punch to the face managed to made him bleed. An atom slicing weapon and a weapon capable of hosting a star/supernova inside of it was the sole thing that managed to harm him during Infinity. He obviously overpowered Hyperion, with his planet moving strength easily and for someone who was actually controlling Hyperion to an unrestrained point seems like a valid scenario to claim he did overpowered him. Regardless, of course he's going to laugh it off considering he just grounded him in asphalt, is not like Hulk actually punched him, oh wait, Hulk did in their first fight and he was the only one who was successfully harmed there.

Okay, let's look at the scans.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Maybe "hurt" was too strong of a word, but he clearly caused him pain with his heat vision. And I wouldn't call that "overpowering". HypeCarrion was pretty busy boasting and didn't pay attention to anything happening around him, so he got caught off guard and off-balance. Besides, Hype was throwing Thor and Carol around like ragdolls and literally laughing at their attacks, as well as one-shotting Iron Man's armour with heat vision. This incident is clearly a good showing for Hyperion.

As for their first fight, there was nothing there that could say that Hulk was superior to Hype. He just bloodied his lip with a punch, then Hype send him flying with heat vision, then they echanged some blows and then Hulk transformed back into Banner. Not much to go by, tbh.

Btw, funny you should mention Corvus Glaive's atom-slicing weapon. Let us look at the scans again.

Sorry 'bout the russian text tho, bit it's not like the text actually matters here. On a first scan we see that Corvus cuts Hulk's skin without even trying, just by slightly moving his... spear, I suppose, near his throat. On the second we see that he actually strikes Hyperion with the same spear with effort, and despite that it should have cleaved Marcus in half, it gets stuck in his skin, and as the next scans show, leaves only a slight cut. Also worth of mentioning that Hyperion pulled the spear off himself by the edge, clearly with effort, and still only recieved minor cuts. Point is: Glaive cuts Hulk's skin casually, and if he tried to actively strike Hulk, he would have sliced him apart, yet when he striked Hype with the intent to kill, it didn't do much harm. Speaks volumes about Marcus' durability.

And that's actually their only encounter, the problem is Gladiator spent the entirety of the fight battling a weakened Hulk and they were just fine and dandy exchanging punches equally. Gladiator burned through his chest because he was weakened. Gladiator weakened himself after Hulk made him burst his heat vision inside of him thus making Hulk assume he's weak to some kind of radiation, ultimately exploiting it. That, however, doesn't change the fact Hulk was fighting him on equal ground for the entirety of the fight and no weakening was happening on Gladiator's side besides growing tired of fighting Hulk. Either way, i would encourage you to not mention that fight, it only serves Hulk's case here. Here's the context:

Hulk vs Gladiator

This is very often used instance by Superman supporters when arguing against Hulk, they say Hulk would be highly affected by Superman's heat vision because Hulk almost "died" by taking Gladiator's heat vision. The notion might seem applicable at first glance, but when a few contextual factors are mentioned then it doesn't seem right to claim such statements.

The statements start when this scan from Incredible Hulk Annual '97 is posted out of context in the forums...

No Caption Provided

In this issue Gladiator was fighting Hulk and the moment of using Gladiator's HV came and he was literally burning Hulk's insides quite easily with it, however, Hulk's powers were seriously fluctuating during this time, for the exact same reasons as Apocalypse restraining him... He was the nexus between 2 universes and the energies flowing through him were killing him. In fact, one of his most affected attributes was his durability which coincidentally was precisely what he lacked in this instance. This drop on his durability is first showcased in Deadpool #4 when he is harmed with with astonishingly ease...

The scans are self-explanatory, if Hulk is easily impaled by a street sign, then there's absolutely no doubt he was seriously affected. Which only makes Gladiator's instance even more impressive since Hulk fought Gladiator head on while having his durability and healing factor greatly dampened even taking his heat vision which is stated to burn as hot as the core of stars, which essentially, is even hotter than Superman's.

~GhostRavage

=================================================================================================================================================

I looked up for the scans of full battle and I found them. Here. And what we see here is Hulk not harming Gladiator with his physical strength before Glads almost fries his own brain and gets chucked into a reactor, heavily weakening him. Hulk's durability was in a flux, alright, but the only physical attack Gladiator used on Hulk was an annoyed punch. He wasn't even trying. Then Kallark tore him open with heat vision, and then the rest happened. Hulk didn't manage to hurt full-power Gladiator here, hell, he was beating on Glads when he was both seriously weakened and already KOed.

Of course she wasn't hurt, she had half the Phoenix Force inside of her and Colossus and Magik possesing just 1/4 of it managed to stomp the shit out of Thor. Either way, you're missing the point, Hulk wasn't harmed at all and actually stood there taking the full release of her attack head on without any visible damage whatsoever. Hell, let's analyze everything you're stating here.

• Yes, Thor was stomped by both Colossus and Magik while having 1/4 of the Phoenix Force, but that was after he was beaten twice by the Phoenix Force itself as well as taking it against Namor and Rachel Summers.

Makes sense. And I kinda forgot they had 1/4 of Phoenix Force at that point. However, Thor was several times shown to be physically outmatched by Phoenixes, like when Cyclops effortlessly stopped his hammer swing:

No Caption Provided

And you know what else is good? Base Cyclops has the strength of normal human. Base Namor and Colossus are strong enough to contend with Thing. The Phoenix power was split evenly between them, so the boost to their stats should be equal. If Cyclops stopped Thor without trying, how powerful would be Phoenix'd Colossus and Namor?

• Yes, Namor was actually taking on all those people and he was getting stomped like no one has ever stomped him before. In fact, he was getting harmed and bled quite a bit from every single attack he took including attacks from 90 toners like Thing.

So let's not assume he as actually taking on everyone at the same time successfully. He was getting beaten, hard and buying all of their attacks to the point he was smacked down to the floor with a disfigured face. Regardless, he was concentrating on Red Hulk given that's his hand grabbing his thumb, but i do agree he was physically superior to break his arm easily, but not strong enough to take on Thor alone.

Yet he got up after that like nothing happened, tore off Rulk's arm, proceeded to wreck all of them and tank Thor's cheap shot without any harm. Besides, Thing is far above 90-tonner, but that's not the point.

If not for Scarlet Witch, they would all be beaten down hard. What is even more impressive is that Namor wasn't even fully concentrated on a fight.

• Emma wrecking Thor? Did we read the same issue? Thor stomped the shit out of her without breaking a sweat the entire fight and it was till her shattered pieces exploded up into orbit that she took him by surprise and ended the fight when he couldn't defend himself... I mean, i think you're twisting the fight quite a bit considering Thor took a really big dump on her previously.

Yet she wasn't feeling his attacks (before he broke her, I mean) and then physically dominated him.

If she was so far below Thor in power, her shards wouldn't have hurt him so bad and she wouldn't be even able to move him around. Yet she did.

C'mon now, you're overrating Gladiator way too much while also underselling a character that isn't even involved in this match, even more so when you're actually counting every single time he was beaten. Is not like they overpowered Thor through physical means, they were clearly using the haxer part of their newly acquired powerset to beat him whereas Gladiator, well, they exchanged punches and they were all busting his face rather easily and he couldn't take a single one with him when Thor already beat the shit out of one of them solo and was about to do so again on Namor.

I have already proved that Phoenixes were comparable if not outright superior to Thor in physical strength. The fact that Gladiator was beating down on Colossus solo, then stalemating in beam clash agains Cyclops' beams (the same ones that knocked down Thor and were used to carve a lasting message on Rulk's skin), then physically fighting Cyclops and only then losing to combined assault of Colossus and Namor is very impressive compared to how Thor was faring against individual Phoenixes. Besides, Thor wasn't even hurting Namor, as I will prove below.

And by the way, I am not underselling Thor. I like him as a character and respect his power. But let's be honest, AvX as event treated Thor as a punching bag for pretty much every Phoenix there was.

I sincerely don't know what's impressive about taking a beating, he surely didn't harm any of them whereas Thor:

Beat the shit out of Emma Frost.

And then got his ass handed to him. Adressed above.

Was taking on both Colossus and Magik while having 1/4 of the Phoenix Force each for a prolonged fight.

There was nothing there that implied a prolonged fight. In aftermath neither Magik nor Colossus were visibly harmed while Thor was beaten silly and in chains.

Harmed Namor and was fighting on equal ground against him.

You mean in Wolverine & The X-Men? Because Namor hit him so hard he let go off Mjolnir, then took his attacks with no visible harm and then tossed Thor aside like nothing when he saw Prof. X.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Beat the Phoenix Force the first time they fought each other.

Beat?

It looks like he is only slightly phasing Phoenix, and even when he chucked his hammer into it, it just busted a planet and reformed afterwards, kicking Thor's ass all the way till the Moon.

If there's anyone impressive is Thor and the fact Emma while having half the phoenix Force couldn't even scratch Hulk is much more impressive than taking a beating into helplessness, i mean, he couldn't even send Cyclops flying whereas Hulk put Emma underwater through several layers of ground with a smash.

Emma not hurting Hulk is impressive indeed. However, comparing Glads fighting against Phoenixes in straight up brawl with Hulk getting a cheap smash on Emma without even hurting her is a bit silly, don't ya think?

The only classic Hyperion is Squadron Sinister's Hyperion, Earth-616 Hyperion who is actually more impressive than Earth-712 Hyperion...

I thought that Squadron Supreme Hype appeared prior to Sinister, so that led me to call Earth-712 Hype the classic one. My bad.

However, you're already wrong here. Supreme and Sinister Hypes have clashed and, well... The good one won. Look for yourself.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

...who Gladiator stomped when he actually tried.

Aaaaaand also wrong.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

As you can see from the scans, they were evenly matched. Also, notice that narration says that the energy they exert is "planet-pulverizing" and that they manage to throw an attack (Hype) and block it (Glads) in nanosecond. The only advantage Glads had was skill, and even when he snapped Hype's neck, he didn't kill him - he regenerated later.

The same Hyperion was unable to overpower Thor during Avengers vol.3 #5 and he was easily smacked away and actually needed help from power princess to overpower him.

Speaking of Thor (it's kinda sad we keep on using Thor as a measurement stick)... Sinister Hyperion was dominating him in physical fight, prompting Thor to resort to matter manipulation trick.

Speaking of, surviving atom spitting while being in Microverse (where that Hype comes from) is an insanely impressive feat as well, probably on surviving-the-planet-exploding-in-your-face kind of impressive.

Also, even the good Hype had tanked a punch from a being who owned Thor:

Also, in the same issue he was battling Ionic Wonder Man toe to toe without any overpowering the other and the same character failed to harm Hulk when he was teamed up with Vision, Iron Man and Scarlet Witch during Hulk #7...

Wonder Man failing to harm Hulk sounds a huge lot like PIS to me tbh. Someone who had his power compared with Thor and Sentry, someone who faced Gladiator, Thor, Hercules and Ultron on many occasions, and can't hurt Hulk?

Speaking of Hyperion vs Wonder Man, Sinister Hyperion owned WM bad:

Besides, good Hyperion's scuffle with WM barely lasted a page, and unlike Sinister Hype, he was definitely not trying to kill him.Same with Thor: he wasn't going all-out, like he did against Gladiator and his Sinister counterpart.

As a bonus, good Hype's short fight vs Ikaris:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And then s'more Sinister feats, all done beyond casually: one-shotting Supreme Power Hype, who in turn casually wrecked Ultimate Thor; Doc Zero, who Sinister Hype acknowledged as the strongest foe he ever faced (meaning he was stronger than Supreme Power Hype), also gets burned to ashes. And yet you keep mentioning Hulk beating Sinister Hype. Let's look at this, ahem, "fight":

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

They barely even fight. And Hulk only KOed him due to Hype's enchanced senses, he himself acknowledged he can't hurt Hype physically.

I wonder when Earth-712 Hyperion battled Wonder Man outside the previously mentioned issue because if you're referring to Wonder Man almost having all his bones broken in a single hit, it was also Squadron Sinister Hyperion who then again was overpowered by Hulk during Defenders vol.1 #13 and the narration clearly confirms so when Valkyrie is failing to do anything whereas Hulk is doing "plenty" and Hyperion is seeing overpowered after clashing into seismic chaos with Hulk. The fight you're referring to happened in Defenders Annual #4 and Hulk not only overpowered him with a thunderclap, but actually KO'd him as well, i don't know, that doesn't speak much for Earth-616 Hyperion to be honest.

I adressed most of that stuff above and proved why even Squadron Supreme Hyperion (superior to Sinister Hype) is not a pushover like you make it seem. Tho I failed to find the scans from Defenders #13, do you mind showing these? I'm geniunly curious.

Likewise, as i mentioned before, Hulk has also grown in power and this is a growth in power that is actually directly addressed in both World War Hulk: Gamma Files and Marvel Fact Files #5 respectively, the latter flat out confirming he's the strongest hero while reaching his highest level of strength possible.

I never said that Hulk didn't progress in power. And the claim that he is strongest hero means nothing without feats supporting that. And Now! Hyperion stopping a planet is a better feat than any feat of Hulk (barring the planet buster in Dark Dimension, which was calced at dwarf star level, yet it was combined force of Hulk and She-Rulk, and Hulk was WB there).

Where are those statements of Thor, Hyperion and others? You clearly stated everyone and their mothers have confirmation like this. Anyways, Wonder Man losing to Hulk might be living proof he's not actually a Thor level character... Probably much below him. I do agree Gladiator is a Thor tiered character, but i also can confirm Hulk is considerably stronger than that in this incarnation, in fact, in anything after the Core-Breach in Sakaar barring Doc Green.

I was not being literal. What I meant is that being called the strongest character without feats supporting that doesn't prove anything.

So wait, you say Gladiator is Thor-level char, then say that WM is not, despite yourself mentioning WM battling Gladiator, just because of one low showing that placed WM below the rest of his showings of people like Thor, Ultron, Hercules, etc.? What?

Is not a good showing to be BFR'd to be dealt with you later. Much less when the guy is absolutely and without a question stronger, more durable and deadlier than him. Either way, you're right, he did state that, not that he actually meant it IMO but the statement isn't unique, he stated the same about Hulk and how he always looks forward to avoid conflict with him.

The last part I can agree with. The "he didn't actually admit that" part while he freaking did is a pure speculation unsopported by anything.

Not really, because the incarnation used here consistently operated on that caliber, like, pulling a planet 1/3 bigger than Earth together overpowering the seismic phenomena of a collapsing planet and shrugged off planet shattering beams of kinetic energy and they were big enough to be seen from Earth. He also busted a planet by cutting loose and fighting an equally powerful being, although, previously threatening the whole planet 3 times prior to that fight. Can you show me just HOW MANY TIMES has Gladiator operated on planetary caliber? Because i can show you him losing to Eric Masterson, failing to KO Wonder Man and getting knocked down by him, losing to Cannonball, getting KO'd by Colossus (issue written by his own creator), getting KO'd by Gambit's deck of cards (also written by his creator) losing to Hulk, taken out of the fight by Black Bolt and so on... All of that just seems incredibly consistent with him and portrays him nowhere near planetary as that single issue from Marvel Comics Presents #49 inconsistently portrays him... But i guess Marvel Comics Presents surely is reliable when showcasing those one-time instances considering Grey Hulk in Marvel Comics Presents #52 busted an asteroid twice the size of Earth with minor discomfort.

Oh, I am pretty sure Hulk has a crapton of low showings putting him below planet level. I don't have time or will to find them, but I don't claim that Hulk isn't planetary because, say, he got beat up by Cap once. Or Wolverine. Or Spider-Man.

As for Gladiator's low showings, I am not even sure where are you getting some of them. Glads owned Colossus:

As for Canonball, that was a context-heavy situation. First, Kallark was toying with him for the most of the fight. Second, when he got serious and punched Canonball as hard as he could, Canonball absorbed his energy from a punch and redirected it back at Glads. Third, he did that in the exact moment Glads doubted himself. And fourth, the best one: Gladiator wasn't even KOed.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

Losing to Hulk? Wrong, and explained above.

The Gambit one was a pure PIS. Gladiator flew through a star once, so unless full deck of charged cards is equal to star's heat, that situation made no sense. Hell, he was still standing after Tyrants' blast, while similar blast KOed Surfer. Besides, was Glads really KOed by Gambit? IIRC he was just knocked down, and then almost killed Gambit until someone talked some sense into him.

Lost to Black Bolt? More like one-shot him. Yes, he was stunned, but that didn't lower his durability. And Glads also survived and quickly recovered from BB whispering in his ear.

Hulk on the other hand has 8 different planetary feats and considering his caliber of strength varies depending on the situation, it is justificable for him to not be punching planets away all the time, much less when he subconsciously holds back through Banner. Gladiator clearly has 100% confidence at the start and during fights unless stated otherwise and operates nowhere near the level you're selling him here.

Nah. Gladiator consistently fights planet busters, has one actual planet-busting feat, the narration of his fight against Hyperion said about pulverizing planets, not only survived a supernova, but also flew through the core of red star. His own son saw how he cracked moons and tore black holes apart, the agent of Living Tribunal says he can move planets out of their orbits and collapse stars.

Ok, let me list you the reasons why he doesn't seem to be planetary according to those feats:

He busted a planet in a single issue, as a guest character in a 5 page story, under a writer than never wrote him and he never did anything particularly similar under other writers including his creator who also happened to write most of his issues.

So the different writer is a good enough argument to disregard a feat? Nah. I have already showed statements confirming planet busting Glads. And his feats against other heralds only confirm this.

Hyperion is not a Thor-Level character for a number of reasons and he surely lacks feats besides weak ABC logic to even fathom in putting him there. King Hyperion was taking a shit on him and the same guy failed to overpower a depowered Juggernaut, the same Juggernaut who also happened to almost die against a holding back World War Hulk.

Wrong. Adressed above. And since when scaling is a bad thing?

As for King Hyperion, he was infused with power-limiting nanites by Thunderbolt program. And before that he hanged with Blue Marvel. And before that he killed alternate Magneto, Thor, Hulk and Hercules. The fact that Earth-712 and another Hyperions were not enough to beat him is explained by the fact he is just that freaking strong.

Binary is a Glass Canon, she has no durability feats to suggest she can withstand physical hits like other powerhouses.

Yeah, a glass cannon that was on a planet she violently blew up. Suuuuuuure.

He didn't keep up, he barely fought them for a seemingly short amount of time before getting manhandled by 2 of them. He also failed to handle 1 of them whereas Thor literally scattered one of them into pieces all the way up into orbit without breaking a sweat and took on 2 of them powered up even further for a prolonged time not to mention, none of them have feats to suggest they are planetary. Gladiator seems to be below Thor and Hulk here, sorry.

Adressed way above.

Hulk literally one shot'd Nova across the United States as Kluh.

We're talking about different Novas. You talk about Sam Alexander, young and inexperienced Black Nova.

And I am talking about Richard Rider. Here's how their fight went: Nova was exausted and Glads - still kicking. And as a bonus: Gladiator also wrecking Nova Prime and some Nova Corpsmen.

Vulcan is the only feat worth the mention here and i sincerely don't know why it should be enough to put him on planetary scale if Vulcan has no planetary level feats in the physical department to compare with Gladiator.

Actually, that's the only thing here not worthy of mentioning for reason you stated yourself. Lol.

Those feats are not outliers, you're picturing them to be too high instead of what they truly are.

Oh, am I really?

Oh sure, like he did that one time in that single issue... I'm getting the grounding Thor caliber characters within 3 hits from Incredible Hulk #110 when he literally hit Hercules just 3 times and he was already turned into a pulp, barely able to move and with a broken voice. Likewise, he took 133 of the strongest punches Hercules could deliver at the same time and he was briefly turned back to Banner and powered up rather instantly. Gladiator is not delivering that amount of force to even have an upperhand here, sorry.

Why not? Gladiator has nanosecond of reaction/combat speed, strength leagues above Hercules and FTL moving speed. He can blitz Hulk and diliver such ammount of strikes before Hulk can react, and each of these strikes would be superior to Herc's.

As per Thanos, he almost KILLED Silver Surfer within 8 hits, he was exchanging punches with Warrior's Madness Thor when Thor had the Power Gem and he couldn't overpower him, in fact, in the same issue Infinity #6 Thanos not only humiliated the shit out of Thor, but also took him out of the fight with an eye beam and forwardly grounded him with a hook and blew him away later on with AoE energy release... All of this is accurate but that doesn't change the fact i'm arguing from a standpoint Hulk is much more durable and also significantly stronger than Thor, Gladiator, Hyperion and other characters so i don't see it as an outlier unless you're neglecting the fact he became much stronger after 2006, moreover, Hulk kept fighting with the weight of a star on his back, if doing the exact same thing Hyperion did while freshly transformed is not enough, doing something about 300,000 times greater is enough for you?

Good points about Thanos. Not so good point about Hulk being more durable than this bunch. I have already explained how Now! Hype is more durable, why Glads is more durable. Thor... is a hard case, but the fact that he is BRB's equal, and that guy blows up planets and takes the explosions to face, must mean something. Not into arguing Thor tbh, not that well-versed in his feats.

And you know, unless he was moving at mach 1 with star's weight on his back, he is not beating Hyperion's feat of stopping the planet. Explanation: our Sun, average yellow star, has a mass of 1.9E+30 kg. If Hulk carried that weight while moving at speed of sound (340 mps), his total kinetic energy would be 2.3E+35 kg. A little bit better than Hypes' feat. However, I am sure as hell he wasn't moving at that speed, not even close. Tho the scan of feat with context would be nice to see.

So yeah, sun-lifting is not nearly as impressive as stopping an Earth-sized planet moving at 500000 mps.

You're right here and i honestly don't know why i stated otherwise... In fact, i did support this fact almost 2 years ago. Ironic right?

Yeah, kinda. Point is, this feat beats every quantifieble Hulk's feat in energy output. Barring the planet blowing up in Dark Dimension, but that was a World Breaker Hulk and he was not alone. And I am pretty sure he won't be quick enough to go WB while getting pummeled by two foes with comparable/superior strength, especially with them not holding back.

It is impressive, not impressive when arguing against Marvel's strongest Earth hero, which also includes Thor, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Juggernaut, Starbrand and a bunch of others, much less when those feats are easily replicable by any of the aforementioned on a normal sunday.

It's the fact that Hyperion killed Namor so casually that makes it impressive. Considering all the fights Namor was in, as well as his heat and radiation resistance, that is wildly impressive. And besides, Hype's heat vision have already caused pain to Hulk, one-shot Iron Man and even one-shot alt. universe Thor, who was equal to mainstream Thor:

No Caption Provided

Any reliable confirmation? Because as far as i'm aware, Thor already claimed Hulk was stronger than him, prior to the permanent amplification in power he received in 2006. Go ahead, i'll be waiting.

Nah, I just said that off the bat. However, I would disagree that Hulk is stronger than Thor. In classic days Hulk was literally stomped by someone who stalemated Thor (Godzilla), and Thor has fought Hulk with varying results many, many times. Sometimes Hulk won, sometimes Thor. However, I am pretty sure that Thor's high end feats eclipse Hulk's (busting an engine that dwarfed stars with BRB, beating Surfer, harming Galactus and Celestials, etc.). But that's not something I want to debate about, lol.

Yes it was. Hopefully this intensifies, being a long time without delivering a proper and insightful Hulk debate.

It took me awhile to write a proper response, but here you go!

#66 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#68 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: Which instance are you exactly interested in? I posted numerous scans i am not sure which ones you are referring to?

#69 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: ah sorry the one where hulk pushed the space station onto the rogue planet.

#70 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: sorry problem with my reader, could you PLEASE post scans from the page where iron man says "hit us hard" until the page where they say "brace for impact.

#73 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: okay, according to looking it up on Google and this

http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/venus/q2811.html

And this

http://www.space.com/24701-how-long-does-it-take-to-get-to-mars.html

I conclude that it would take about 9 months to get to mars.

Light gets there in 3 minutes in the shortest possible distance

Average time for light to get there? 12.5 seconds.

Looking at your scans, I'm assuming that it took about 5 minutes (possibly a lowball or wank) but at the least I'm accepting 1 minute and at the most 10 minutes.

Wow. Assuming that they took the shortest possible route, light would take 3 minutes, and they, taking 5 minutes would make them 60% the speed of light.

Okay, doing some reasearch, I find that the speed of light is 670,616,629 mph. 60% of that, number times 0.6 = is 402,369,977.4 mph. THAT's f***ing fast.

Going to this (http://www.1728.org/reltivty.htm) and factoring in 0.6 and

Pressing the 3rd button gives you this

When travelling at a Velocity of 0.6 light speed

Or 1.79875.4748 KILOMETRES PER SECOND or 111769.438199999999 MILES PER SECOND the relativistic change factor is 1.25 I don't fully understand what that means but Jesus Christ that's fast

An energy calculator ( http://www.1728.org/energy.htm) says that moving a moon sized object at this speed would take

8.1788e+48 electron volts

1.3104e+37 drugs(ergs but I liked so hard at this that I'm going to leave it there)

1.3104e+30 joules (watt second)

9.6649e+29 foot pounds

3.6400e+26 watt hours

3.1319e+20 ton tnt

3.1319e+17 kilotons tnt

And 3.1319e+14 megaton tnt.

If you're going to do the calculations, I suggest you do it on pc, because the numbers are not shortened

Converting this into gigs joules we get 13103850 gj and 506 mj, or more than enough kilotons of oil to power the planet for 6.7 years.

I'm confident that this feat is planetary.

Oh, and hulk did this while jumping. And it looks like he did it while actively happy. Of course the gravity on mars is lower but even if divided by two this feat is planetary.

#75 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: @ghostravage: ghost unless I'm horribly wrong, (calc above) you might wanna bump the number of hulk's planetary feats from 8-9, unless this is already there.

Lol the sole reason I did this and I'm doing this is to get hulk's planetary feats to 10 so excuse me if I am reaching or seem pathetic.

atheist I know I've asked a lot of you today and I'm honestly sorry, but could you PLEASE provide scans of the antimatter feat as well as a scan or so of possibly how heavy they are?

#76 Posted by GhostRavage (14944 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn: I'm going to respond to that tomorrow.

@atheistknowledge: @ghostravage: ghost unless I'm horribly wrong, (calc above) you might wanna bump the number of hulk's planetary feats from 8-9, unless this is already there.

I can cite them but why is this being argued? I'm kinda lost here. Also, i haven't forgotten your question of the other thread so bare with me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
#77 Edited by deactivated-5c6c6de088804 (3539 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Hickman kinda confirmed that Hulk was the strongest.

As per the Unstable Sentry vs Green Scar fight, people seriously go overboard with it, so i'm going to lay down some toughts on it.

The only way to gauge Unstable Sentry's physical power is trough his perfomance against other powerhouses, since his standalone feats under that incarnation are not above those of Ben Grimm or Namor. At ''normal'' levels, he has been matched strength wise by Red Hulk, Hercules, Namor and Iron Man. if he was extremely weakened then he should have been fodderized by Green Scar quite easily; we are talking about the guy who turned Hercules face into a mush with 3 clean hits and one-shoted the Thing.

The argument about Sentry being more weakened than ever during World War Hulk #5 doesn't make much sense, not when Reed Richards, someone that is fully aware about the capabilities of most superhumans that can be threats to the earth mentions that Sentry has never used so much power, or when Greg Pak himself says that Bob was about to destroy everything.

It's also relevant to point out that when Unstable Sentry is pushed enough against a foe, he starts throwing around a lot of energy projection. When he fought against Genis, against The Collective(and they destroyed a moon as a side effect) AND against Green Scar Hulk...

@atheistknowledge Friend, don't forget that Hulk fought Zom Strange when he wasn't being held back by Stephen in Incredible Hulk #619(since the Chaos King released him from his limitations) and did pretty well against him, stunning him and making him bleed with a single punch, blocking his attacks and so. This basically confirms that Bruce turned out to be even stronger after the regaining his gamma in IH #611.

Zom punched Hulk away, but Bruce was seen a page after being fine and dandy talking to A-bomb IIIRC.

#78 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: oh dear, I'm not trying to argue any point about hulk being planetary, infact, he is planetary++. My point is that this feat is extremely impressive, due to my calculation, making it planetary.

I'm incredibly sorry if I confused you, me and my OCD self (not literally) just want to see hulk get to a round number of planetary student feats and it is my opinion that some hulk feats that are extremely impressive have not been seen as impressive as they are, simply because nobody thinks them significant.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

#79 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: As for the other question, fair enough, I was as confused are you are now about my calc lol.

#80 Posted by TifaLockhart (21111 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should take majority.

#81 Posted by Toratorn (7192 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe: it's actually not planetary, but moon level according to OBD destructive capacity scale.

#82 Posted by xSuperhulkx (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk beat marvel earth and sentry this 2 would be not have a better chance so

WWH wins ;D

#84 Posted by xSuperhulkx (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: yes probably WWH lose i re read the story and yes sentry was unstable there was heros that are really weak like spiederman and so and also hulk have help from his soldiers so probably he could not even beat them also that hulk tank 1000 supernovas was a really big joke and also the biggest lie ever he not even destroy the city with cough* cough* 1 milionen exploding suns

i only see WWH hulk tank city buster attacks and also yes with strange i think that was because why WWH wins because he beat a amp strange but yes he hold back a lot

so yes i think gladiator&hyperion wins also to say only but WWH hulk are stronger than normal hulk and normal hulk have quakes infinite dimension it was mindless hulk and we dont know 100% taht mindless hulk are weaker probably he is even stronger because WWH have not show anythink close to that

#86 Posted by xSuperhulkx (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by xSuperhulkx (17 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Edited by xSuperhulkx (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: also my friend say you must read rules do you know who i can read them ????

#90 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle123axe:Those are some heavy calculations, personally i don't put too much weight on such things because i don't think the writer did either. There are plenty of examples in comics where the writer presents us with the feat that he never really gave too much thought into, especially not making dozens of calculations about it but that turn out to be insane when you add those calculations to them yourself. If i am not mistaken Thor lifting the midgard serpent(which is a feat that has been debunked to not be so great in the end) had people make fan calculations about it and reach the point where Thor had to exert 106 sextilion tons of force... I doubt writer ever gave a thought about it. But kudos on the calculations, it's very impressive.

@caped_baldy: Indeed, a good point.

@krleavenger: The problem is that a lot of heroes Hulk defeated are less powerful than those two. Hercules is overrated and is below even Pre-Core Breach Hulk. The problems are Zom Strange and Sentry. Zom Strange was Strange fusing himself with a portion of Zom. The fact is that he was very nerfed. Combination of Strange and Zom ha s a unknown factor to it and was probably weaker. Zom is Multiversal being who could easily destroy the Hulk and Pak said more times in the story that Strange could easily take down the Hulk but didn't want to. Having Zom and Strange at their peack means that Hulk is Multiversal, which he isn't, he is just planetary. The fact is that both Zom and Straneg were nerfed enough for Hulk to beat them because Zom and Strange alone would stomps the Hulk.

Some are weaker, some are around the same level and some are even more powerful. Hercules is a character on the same level of physicals as someone like Thor, so turning his face into a bloody in 3 hits while holding back is a pretty decent feat. Zom was nerfed from the extremely powerful being that he is, but no hero in this thread or in WWH could punch Hulk and drive his entire fist through his torso. As caped_baldy pointed out above the second time Hulk fought ZomStrange in the Chaos Wars, he again held his own against him even drawing blood and this was ZomStrange nod held back by Stephen.

Now Sentry. I would like to know how did Hulk defeated the Sentry? Becaus ehe didn't It was Banner who defeated Bob Reynolds with the punch who was in human form. Not impressive at all. Any average human could one shot Bob in human form since he is in poor physical condition. So Hulk never defeated the Sentry, it was a stalemate.

WWH(who held back) managed to stalemate Sentry but IMO he had the edge there, Sentry according to the writer was about to destroy everyone and everything, even he himself was telling Hulk this is the end and goodbye friend, he himself stated beforehand that against the Hulk he would have to release so much power that if he lost himself even for an instant it would be all over for everyone. Sentry was exhausted and out of the fight, but Hulk was just seconds later threaten to break the continent and the planet if he didn't struggle to hold back and have the heroes stop him as well.

Now overall Hulk couldn;t do that. Here is why. Sentry's powers depend on his stability. The more he is unstable the weaker he becomes and easier to defeated. Hell even human could beat him if he is unstable enough. During WWHulk he was so unstable that he couldn't get out of his house and was just standing there for 24h looking. And before WWHulk he was so unstable that people were able to convince him he is unreal. So in WWHulk he was more unstable that ever so weaker than ever. He wasn't close to his full power.

Here is the problem i have with the whole instability Sentry thing... Some of the most powerful incarnations of Sentry are him as unstable and some of the weakest ones are when he is stable like when Rulk treated him like a ragdoll or Hercules or IM holding his own against him, etc... Saying Sentry was weaker then every in WWH is flat out false, first off not only did Sentry recover from his agrophobia and moved on, he also with his power alone threatened to destroy the whole planet. This was in the same vein as when he fought Genis and the Collective, this was actually Sentry at his more powerful bursts.

And another point is that in the end he wanterd Hulk to stop him/beat him because he would destroy the planet since he can;tcontrol himself and his power. And when Bob wants to be stopped/beaten/killed it again becomes much easier to do it. Proof? During Seige Sentry/Void almost killed all of the Avengers easily, like without effort but was playing around destroying stuff until Bob broke free from Void and wanted to be killed by Thor. Thor used everything he got and he couldn't even phase Sentry/Void yet he said "kill me" and Thor kileld him in one blow. Not to mention that at the time he was fighting the Hulk he didn't unlocked all of his powers like Healing Factor on Atomic Level, Molecuel Manipulation and powerful telekinesis.

Yes just as Hulk wanted for heroes to stop him in the end as well, doesn't change the fact that he was close to breaking a continent with 2 footsteps and destroying the Earth. The fact that Sentry wanted to be stopped doesn't take away from the fact that he couldn't stop himself, he was releasing enough energy and causing enough fire that couldn't be stopped for 3 days straight. This is why i disagreed with your Sentry/WWH interpretation if's incredibly one-sided, full of holes and flat out false. Healing factor on atomic level would help him how against WWH? Molecule Manipulation is something he has only as Void not to mention it's incredibly underwhelming in feats, same with telekinesis.

So Sentry had all od those disadvanatges yet it still ended in a stalemate. And it's always that Reed statement "he never unleashed more power before". What a lie that was. He unleashed more power two times before. In his fight with the Collective and his fight with Phototn.

Ended in a stalemate against a holding back WWH. Actually Reed did not lie there, since according to the writer himself Sentry was about to kill everyone and destroy the planet itself, the fight itself is definitely similar to his fight with the Collective and Photon, the difference is there he could be shown busting planets/moons because those where fodder planets and moons, the writer couldn't have him destroy Marvel Earth for obvious reason, this still doesn't change the fact that in that moment the only hero to stop Sentry from unleashing so much power there was Hulk.

#92 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Of course, i even read the entire blog you made about Sentry and WWH. If i am gonna critique something i wanna be fair. That's why i didn't find your interpretation all that well and heavily one sided, you never mentioned the writers statements, how WWH held back during the entire arc, how Sentry himself even tells the Hulk how great it feels to finally let go, so i don't see how that Sentry held back that much, let alone how it was the weakest Sentry.

#93 Posted by monarch2016 (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator should beat any version of hulk.

He has the feats and the power to do just that.

#94 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch2016: Not really, he has the feats to lose to almost every version of Hulk, let alone this one or someone like WBH.

#96 Posted by monarch2016 (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch2016: Not really, he has the feats to lose to almost every version of Hulk, let alone this one or someone like WBH.

WBH's best feat is destroying half a planet.

Gladiator,if the fight has no PIS or CIS,should finish hulk in a few moments.

#97 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: That's a very poor excuse IMO, how would many people know what the writer later said in an interview? Or what Hulk himself later said in another arc? You mentioned what Sentry said and what happened in the WWH arc itself(which everyone reading the arc could already see for themselves), but you didn't think to mention things that where stated outside of that arc that some people obviously wouldn't see just by reading WWH arc alone. OK.

#99 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch2016 said:
@atheistknowledge said:

WBH's best feat is destroying half a planet.

Gladiator,if the fight has no PIS or CIS,should finish hulk in a few moments.

Where did WBH destroy half a planet? The guy clashed with RSH in mid air and as a result they busted a planet without even touching it... and you put WBH as half a planet buster despite the fact that with his mere existence he threatens the planet or the fact that when him and RSH where shown to punch each other over and over the planet was being destroyed over and over.

Gladiator can not finish Hulk at all, let alone in a few moments, no PIS/CIS nonsense needed. It's such a weak defense after all used by people who can't back up their arguments.

A direct comparisson between Gladiator and Hulk was made by Anhilius who fought both and not only did Anhilius mention that Hulk was more of a engaging contest, it was also shown that Hulk did more damage to Anhilius, tanked more damage from him and generally lasted longer.

His fight with Gladiator

His fight with Hulk

In the end Gladiator is just another watered down version of Superman, his feats or punching a planet apart in 3 hits are overshadowed by his more consistent ones where he was beaten almost to death by Eric Masterson, overpowered by Scott when he had 1/4 of the PF(while Emma with 1/2 PF couldn't harm Hulk in the same arc), fought Colossus for a prolonged time, beaten by Canonball, by Gambit, beaten by Thor physically, greatly damaged by Thor girls lightning, etc... So his feat of punching a planet in 3 hits is about as consistent as Grey Hulk one-shotting an asteroid twice the size of Earth.

I am not even gonna mention the fight where a weakened Hulk already beat the snot out of Gladiator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
#100 Edited by deactivated-5c6c6de088804 (3539 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Pak himself stated that Sentry was about to destroy everything and everyone around him. This alone is enough to shut down the ''sentry was more weakened than ever'' argument, truth be told.