WORST COMIC BATTLES WRITING IN HISTORY

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By POHOCOM

We've all been there. You're winning a debate over who's favorite character would win "no holds barred" fight. Just when your pal's ready to see things your way, he remembers a fight where your favorite character was beaten by the Fabulous Frog-Man. Your pal refuses to accept this as a classic case of BAD WRITING, and the debate ends a "draw". My top 10 list such fights: Lobo loses to wolverine, Black Widow beats Wonderman, Storm over Wonder Woman, Black Cat beats Sabertooth, Daredevil KO's the Avengers, Spiderman KO's Firelord, Champion of the Universe sissy-slapped by She-Hulk, Spider-Man beats Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman KO's the Hulk, and Daredevil over Sabertooth. If you disagree with any of these being on the list, or don't see why I see any as bad writing. Let me know. What fights have I overlooked that are equally outrageous? Should Congress hold hearings?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

On the top of my list is the recent fight where Wolverine kills Sabretooth. But there's no way that wasn't a skrull anyway.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

fesak says:

"On the top of my list is the recent fight where Wolverine kills Sabretooth. But there's no way that wasn't a skrull anyway."

cough says the guy with the pokemon avatar cough

how do we know if your not a skrull!? o.O

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

for the worst one im gonna have to give it to chuck norris... no wait Batman! the scene where he whoops supes with a Krytonite ring!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Black Bolt destroying Apocalypse in House of M

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By POHOCOM

Warlock360 says:

"for the worst one im gonna have to give it to chuck norris... no wait Batman! the scene where he whoops supes with a Krytonite ring!"

At least the argument could be made that kryptonite is deadly to Superman. How the hell did Black Widow beat Wonder Man?!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Warlock360 says:

"fesak says:
"On the top of my list is the recent fight where Wolverine kills Sabretooth. But there's no way that wasn't a skrull anyway."

how do we know if your not a skrull!? o.O"

You don't.

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lantern Of Hatred

Warlock360 says:

"fesak says:

how do we know if your not a skrull!? o.O"

Warlock, I heard you liek mudkips.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman ko hulk was the worst.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By White Phantom

How GL lost to SS in DC Versus Marvel. Not that SS couldn't of won, but GL wouldn't of gotten in such close quarters with SS. He knows better having fought SS before.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warlock360

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"batman ko hulk was the worst."

xD when!?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Black Bolt destroying Apocalypse in House of M"

DING DING DING DING DING!....We have a winner.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

Gambler says:

"Black Bolt destroying Apocalypse in House of M"

I agree, that was a load of crap.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Resonate

fesak says:

"Warlock360 says:
"fesak says:
*cough* says the guy with the pokemon avatar *cough* how do we know if your not a skrull!? o.O"
You don't. "

o.O....

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Copy

I'm guessing this...

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Copy

Vance Astro says:

"Copy says:
"I'm guessing this...
Not" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/185974-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"
Not eve Galactus could beat those Squirrels."

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Resonate
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Copy says:

"I'm guessing this...
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/185974-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"

Not eve Galactus could beat those Squirrels.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Resonate says:

"Copy says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Copy says:
"I'm guessing this...
Not" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/185974-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"
Dude," />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/85059-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"Dude, she beat Dr. Doom..."

but it's not bad writing,it's a joke.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Forever

POHOCOM says:

"We've all been there. You're winning a debate over who's favorite character would win "no holds barred" fight. Just when your pal's ready to see things your way, he remembers a fight where your favorite character was beaten by the Fabulous Frog-Man. Your pal refuses to accept this as a classic case of BAD WRITING, and the debate ends a "draw". My top 10 list such fights: Lobo loses to wolverine, Black Widow beats Wonderman, Storm over Wonder Woman, Black Cat beats Sabertooth, Daredevil KO's the Avengers, Spiderman KO's Firelord, Champion of the Universe sissy-slapped by She-Hulk, Spider-Man beats Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman KO's the Hulk, and Daredevil over Sabertooth. If you disagree with any of these being on the list, or don't see why I see any as bad writing. Let me know. What fights have I overlooked that are equally outrageous? Should Congress hold hearings? "

Nice list.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
hell-spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hell-spawn

Spawn vs. batman… did they honestly think that customers would eat the crap that was in that comic.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By speedlgt

It was cool as hell But Death stroke beating Hawkman, Flash, Kyle, Zatana, Elongated man, And Green Arrow all at the same time!

That was way too much.

Then of all those guys The Green Arrow owned him with an arrow to the eye? I dont know about all that.

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell_Spawn says:

"Spawn vs. batman… did they honestly think that customers would eat the crap that was in that comic. "
agree
POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By POHOCOM

Copy says:

"I'm guessing this...
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/185974-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"

Squirrel Girl beats Doom! Great one! Now I need to figure which battle that will replace in my top 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e7a5c633643
deactivated-60e7a5c633643

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

POHOCOM says:

"We've all been there. You're winning a debate over who's favorite character would win "no holds barred" fight. Just when your pal's ready to see things your way, he remembers a fight where your favorite character was beaten by the Fabulous Frog-Man. Your pal refuses to accept this as a classic case of BAD WRITING, and the debate ends a "draw". My top 10 list such fights: Lobo loses to wolverine, Black Widow beats Wonderman, Storm over Wonder Woman, Black Cat beats Sabertooth, Daredevil KO's the Avengers, Spiderman KO's Firelord, Champion of the Universe sissy-slapped by She-Hulk, Spider-Man beats Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman KO's the Hulk, and Daredevil over Sabertooth. If you disagree with any of these being on the list, or don't see why I see any as bad writing. Let me know. What fights have I overlooked that are equally outrageous? Should Congress hold hearings? "

Yes, I'll agree with all of those.

I'd also like to add the fight between Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel III) and Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel II) to the list. That was just a lame battle, no matter how you look at it.

Assimilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Assimilation

Resonate says:

"Copy says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Copy says:
"I'm guessing this...
Dude," />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/85059-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"Dude, she beat Dr. Doom..."

Dude, she beat Deadpool and Thanos.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Resonate

Assimilation says:

"Dude, she beat Dr. Doom..."
Dude, she beat Deadpool and Thanos. "

shivers

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Copy

Assimilation says:

"Resonate says:
"Copy says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Copy says:
"I'm guessing this...
Dude," />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/85059-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"
Dude, she beat Dr. Doom..."Dude, she beat Deadpool and Thanos. "

Damn.

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

POHOCOM says:

I don't know about the Daredevil/Sabertooth fight. I never read it, but I'm pretty sure that he could best Sabertooth.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he couldn't.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By POHOCOM

Dragonspine says:

"POHOCOM says:

Yes, I'll agree with all of those.

I'd also like to add the fight between Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel III) and Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel II) to the list. That was just a lame battle, no matter how you look at it."

Anyone know who won this fight. I don't remember it.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By POHOCOM

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"POHOCOM says:

I don't know about the Daredevil/Sabertooth fight. I never read it, but I'm pretty sure that he could best Sabertooth."

If memory serves me correctly, this was after Sabertooth got adamantium added to his skeleton and possible strength enhancement. I could be mistaken. If I'm wrong then I would agree with you that it does not belong on my list. Anybody know for sure?

The 10,000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The 10,000

Copy says:

"Assimilation says:
"Resonate says:
"Copy says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Copy says:
"I'm guessing this...
Dude," />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2488/85059-squirrel-girl_400.jpg"
Dude, she beat Dr. Doom..."
Dude, she beat Deadpool and Thanos. "

Damn."

that's cause one her powers is to be able to beat supervillains

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Harlekin

An ongoing joke depicts Squirrel Girl repeatedly attaining victory over various villains, some of whom are considerably more powerful than she is. Typically, these victories occur off-panel, though some, like her battle with Deadpool, are fully shown. Deadpool, having been bested by her twice, considers Squirrel Girl to be one of the major powers of the Marvel Universe, comparing her to Iron Man and Thor.

Squirrel Girls take down list:

Doctor Doom,

Mandarin,

Giganto,

MODOK,

Thanos,

Terrax,

Bug-Eyed Voice,

Bi-Beast,

Deadpool, and

Pluto
Post Edited:2008-02-17 11:23:19

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rdeegvainl

what about cap knocking out hulk?

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By White Phantom

speedlgt says:

"It was cool as hell But Death stroke beating Hawkman, Flash, Kyle, Zatana, Elongated man, And Green Arrow all at the same time!That was way too much.Then of all those guys The Green Arrow owned him with an arrow to the eye? I dont know about all that."

If Deathstroke beat all of them, that's bad. Really bad.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By POHOCOM

Rdeegvainl says:

"what about cap knocking out hulk?"

I keep hearing about this, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I have a comic where Cap dropped the Hulk with a two feet kick to the face (which also seemed ridiculous). Is this the same battle. If not, when did this happen?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

POHOCOM says:

"Rdeegvainl says:
I keep hearing about this, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I have a comic where Cap dropped the Hulk with a two feet kick to the face (which also seemed ridiculous). Is this the same battle. If not, when did this happen? "

I remeber reading the comic where it happened but i'm not sure which it was.Spider-man made a reference to it and Fallen Son I believe.When he was fighting Rhino...the fight went split screen and he was remebering how Cap knocked Hulk down.I guess Marvel was trying to say with those fights that if you have enough will power,you can beat anyone.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By White Phantom

Vance Astro says:

"POHOCOM says:
"Rdeegvainl says:
I keep hearing about this, but I don't remember ever seeing it. I have a comic where Cap dropped the Hulk with a two feet kick to the face (which also seemed ridiculous). Is this the same battle. If not, when did this happen? "

I remeber reading the comic where it happened but i'm not sure which it was.Spider-man made a reference to it and Fallen Son I believe.When he was fighting Rhino...the fight went split screen and he was remebering how Cap knocked Hulk down.I guess Marvel was trying to say with those fights that if you have enough will power,you can beat anyone."

Probably, that seems to be a theme in comics. GL is a prime example for DC, if he has enough will he can beat pretty much anyone.

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By White Phantom

Vance Astro says:

"White Phantom says:
"Vance Astro says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Rdeegvainl says:
I remeber reading the comic where it happened but i'm not sure which it was.Spider-man made a reference to it and Fallen Son I believe.When he was fighting Rhino...the fight went split screen and he was remebering how Cap knocked Hulk down.I guess Marvel was trying to say with those fights that if you have enough will power,you can beat anyone."
Probably, that seems to be a theme in comics. GL is a prime example for DC, if he has enough will he can beat pretty much anyone. "

Didn't Deathstroke beat 2 Green Lanterns?"

Another terrible battle!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

White Phantom says:

"Vance Astro says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Rdeegvainl says:
Probably, that seems to be a theme in comics. GL is a prime example for DC, if he has enough will he can beat pretty much anyone. "

Didn't Deathstroke beat 2 Green Lanterns?

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By POHOCOM

White Phantom says:

"Vance Astro says:
"White Phantom says:
"Vance Astro says:
"POHOCOM says:
"Rdeegvainl says:

Didn't Deathstroke beat 2 Green Lanterns?"

Another terrible battle!

"

I'd love to know how that writer was able plot that battle. I never saw that fight either. Was it bad "creative writing", or bad misrepresentation of a characters actual powers?

White Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By White Phantom

No clue, though GL's are often downplayed.

Krow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Krow

Well I agree with POHOCOM xcept with bats beatin hulk.... when hulk gets angry hes strong but batman has a whole belt of stuff that could take out hulk without getting him angry. BUT! I do not like the way that he beat hulk, and THAT is bad writing. A long time ago a series called D.P.7 was made and in a issue a group called PSI force wupped an army bunker filled with dues with powers including a guy who makes explosoions, two guys who are 8 ft tall and have extremly tough skin and SUPER strength, a guy with super speed that can reach 450mph in short burst at max. And the people that broke the guy out had like 4 ppl including the dude they broke out and they had telekinisis, telekinis pass through walls, and levitation