World Breaker Hulks vs. Justice League of America

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@professorrespect: I meant how does it being a chain reaction weaken the actual explosion?

A full explosion in one go would be a massive burst of energy, a chain reaction more akin to a Thanos/Champion situation where the planet slowly falls apart and then explodes would be less energy

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#402  Edited By Underfire47

Should make a Titan thread like this vs the entire JL, the result would be even worse.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus said:

@boutatakeanl said:

- You think a planet being destroyed as collateral due to two guys fighting is an assisted feat? Lmfao okay. They're not combining their strength and targeting it towards something. They're targeting each other. There's no need to rehash these points. UnderFire already proved everything that needs to be proved about WBH. There's no point in me repeating those points.

Literally two people attributing to the force of the feat. Not sure how you don't understand that.

- Proof that shockwaves can vaporize people and proof that it was indeed the shockwave? There's absolutely nothing in those scans to suggest that it was the shockwave. We can literally see the wave of gamma radiation vaporizing them.

I am not sure what scan you are referring to, but for simplicities sake... virtually all of the Gamma Burst showings aren't just radiation. Radiation doesn't physically move people or buildings. Shockwaves do though.

Also, if a shockwave is capable of destroying a moon or a planet, what do you think it would do to a regular person? Spoiler alert: It would vaporize them. That is just basic logic.

- Lanterns shields are constructs are they not? And I've seen their shielding broken through plenty of times by guys who aren't planetary.

Sorta, but not really. Constructs are intentional willful creations. Their personal shields are not... at least the vast majority of the time.

Take for example a Kryptonian. They can, and do, break constructs all the time. But when they punch a GL in the face, that GLs head doesn't explode. If they were the same things, that shield would break just as easily as the construct and they would die.

- Who has hurt WBH exactly? You're so laser-focused on the DC team's high-ends. I can make that exact same claim. Everyone on the DC team has been hurt by things FAR below planetary. There's no point in the team doing anything when 99% of them are vaporized and reduced to nothing in the first seconds of the battle.

Everyone he has ever fought. Mind you, I am not talking about permanent damage, but even temporary regenerated damage would be classified as hurt here for the purposes of the debate, as again, he can't regenerate something that is no longer connected to his body.

So the question remains... how does WBH survive even a second here? There are many people on this list capable of operating at speeds he cannot comprehend. I saw you say he "eventually" tags someone like Flash. If he can't tag him right away, what stops Wally or someone from phasing him instantly?

@Aristeaus:Yeah, fair play man. I'm gonna see if I can get some more rock solid confirmation on the gamma bursts, because I'm not actually convinced that they're planetary anymore. It doesn't seem like a one gamma burst, one punch, one etc... = planetary. I'll try to address some points though.

- Isn't there a vast difference between two people combining their force and targeting it at something vs two beings contributing forces that oppose each other - since they're directing their attacks at each other - and something gets destroyed as a bi-product? I'm not able to reason that as a supported feat.

- Good point on radiation not being able to physically move people, but we see the color of the "wave". It's the same aura that's being emitted when we see them fight close up. That same aura is what's moving through the planet incinerating beings. In the scan, we clearly see they're being burning. There's far more logic siding towards it being radiation and not just the shockwave.

- Regarding a lantern's personal shields, fair play again. But this would still go back to my argument of consistency. None of the DC guys are consistently planetary. Someone casually planetary+ like Hulk shouldn't have trouble with breaking through them. Also, Superman punching Green Lantern and not breaking his face works both ways here. Why don't planets shatter when Superman bullrushes, throws someone into the ground, fights someone of equal level, yet there's very little collateral, certainly not on the level of planets. If they were planetary consistently, I'd assume they'd, at least, shatter states with their attacks. There are many occasions where they need help to perform planetary feats.

- Who has damaged him to where he regenerated damage though? He had no visible damage during his bout with She-Hulk. I'm talking strictly about WBH. No one has damaged him.

- They operate at speeds Hulk can't comprehend (supposedly they have consistent LS or something), yet they get tagged sooo often. Why? I'm not talking about other speedsters either. Bricks straight-up tag them.

- How useful would Wally's phasing be here? He can't become tangible for even a second, because if he does, he'll die via radiation. He kinda has to stay phased, so he can't interact with Hulk's molecules or anything.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Hey man, I'm still a little confused on WBH's gamma bursts being planetary, or even his punches.

- From the scan of the planet being destroyed, I can't see a singular point of origin. It doesn't look like a gamma wave moving through the planet destroying it. I can't see any gamma radiation when we zoom out and see the planet in its entirety being destroyed.

- Also, when Strange and Banner are having their astral conversation, Hulk and Red Shulk are punching each other multiple times. I'm still a little wobbly on WBH and RSH releasing gamma radiation constantly. I guess that's substantiated in WBH's continent feat where he's releasing gamma waves while taking steps? But yeah, it doesn't strike me as one punch = planetary or one gamma burst = planetary.

- With regards to the actual planet busting, the collision b/w WBH and RSH has a lot to do with contributing to it. Aristeaus brought up a point when he said that it was a combined feat. Could you explain how that isn't a combined feat and how we can reason that the gamma waves themselves are planetary? I read through your explanations from 2 years ago, but I still couldn't definitively conclude.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus:Yeah, fair play man. I'm gonna see if I can get some more rock solid confirmation on the gamma bursts, because I'm not actually convinced that they're planetary anymore. It doesn't seem like a one gamma burst, one punch, one etc... = planetary. I'll try to address some points though.

Is it possible he is planetary? Sure. But all my point is that he has never had a planetary feat solo, and it certainly wasn't just Gamma Bursts... They literally clashed and we saw the damage. Was Gamma a part of it? Sure. All these people arguing 4x Planet busting gamma bursts are just delusional though.

- Isn't there a vast difference between two people combining their force and targeting it at something vs two beings contributing forces that oppose each other - since they're directing their attacks at each other - and something gets destroyed as a bi-product? I'm not able to reason that as a supported feat.

Would depend on the context.

- Good point on radiation not being able to physically move people, but we see the color of the "wave". It's the same aura that's being emitted when we see them fight close up. That same aura is what's moving through the planet incinerating beings. In the scan, we clearly see they're being burning. There's far more logic siding towards it being radiation and not just the shockwave.

I mean you said it yourself; One version incinerates people the other breaks apart planets. If it was a gamma burst, wouldn't it have... you know.. incinerated the planet instead of busting it?

- Regarding a lantern's personal shields, fair play again. But this would still go back to my argument of consistency. None of the DC guys are consistently planetary. Someone casually planetary+ like Hulk shouldn't have trouble with breaking through them. Also, Superman punching Green Lantern and not breaking his face works both ways here. Why don't planets shatter when Superman bullrushes, throws someone into the ground, fights someone of equal level, yet there's very little collateral, certainly not on the level of planets. If they were planetary consistently, I'd assume they'd, at least, shatter states with their attacks. There are many occasions where they need help to perform planetary feats.

Confused. You started this reply with you not being certain he is planetary, and now you are stating hulk is casually planetary+. Even if you attributed him as planetary, it certainly isn't casual.

I am not saying that Hulk can't break them with strikes. Your argument, however, is that they would die to a gamma burst. I doubt that very much. The Corps are literally space police. You have any idea how much radiation is in space? Even the movie Hal would survive WBH Gamma Bursts. Why on earth would you think the comic versions who are significantly stronger wouldn't?

- Who has damaged him to where he regenerated damage though? He had no visible damage during his bout with She-Hulk. I'm talking strictly about WBH. No one has damaged him.

Pretty sure he was cut on the arm and the back during that fight.

- They operate at speeds Hulk can't comprehend (supposedly they have consistent LS or something), yet they get tagged sooo often. Why? I'm not talking about other speedsters either. Bricks straight-up tag them.

You absolutely cannot argue consistency here. The Flashes, and even other people on this list, do not need to constantly operate at their highest speeds. OP has directly stated that their mindset is the Hulks are recognized horrific planetary threats. Find me a instance where a Flash was going up against a threat like that, that wasn't capable of similar speeds, and got tagged by "bricks".

You won't be able to. Because like the GL argument, if someone of that threat level actually hit the Flashes they would be paste.

- How useful would Wally's phasing be here? He can't become tangible for even a second, because if he does, he'll die via radiation. He kinda has to stay phased, so he can't interact with Hulk's molecules or anything.

Pretty useful considering he still causes damage while phasing through/into someone and he has shown the ability to alter molecules at range ( though that is very rare ).

Not only that, even if you somehow are limiting him to not being able to harm anyone and being intangible... he can still go back in time and reset the fight if it doesn't go well.... and thanks to his aura, he is able to relay information to other people of his speed, effectively giving the entire team knowledge.

There are just so many ways for the JLA team to win. There are many people on the team that can arguably solo. Kyle, The Flashes, MMH, Captain Atom are all just bad matchups for WBH.

While others have the ability to just BFR them into space where they are completely helpless.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mandabub: No one is but a user said that one gamma burst will kill all of them.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL absolutely roflstomp, multiple people solo

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of them have good enough durability for four planet busters?

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl:- From the scan of the planet being destroyed, I can't see a singular point of origin. It doesn't look like a gamma wave moving through the planet destroying it. I can't see any gamma radiation when we zoom out and see the planet in its entirety being destroyed.

Man it's super tiring, having to explain the 11 year old feat for this long... i wish Superman and GL and Shazam and MMH and WW, etc... all didn't suck so much and started getting their own planet busting feats, because after Hulk getting 3 of them in the last decade and inb4 "well they were shared feats", last time i saw a dozen DC superheroes tried to preform a shared feat of busting a Earth planet they failed, so miss me.

Anyway as for the question, the gamma radiation is everywhere it's whats burning up everyone

No Caption Provided

the thing is you have 2 gammas combined one from WBH and one from RSH.

- Also, when Strange and Banner are having their astral conversation, Hulk and Red Shulk are punching each other multiple times. I'm still a little wobbly on WBH and RSH releasing gamma radiation constantly. I guess that's substantiated in WBH's continent feat where he's releasing gamma waves while taking steps? But yeah, it doesn't strike me as one punch = planetary or one gamma burst = planetary.

The whole planet in Dark Dimension exploded from the single initial clash, it didn't explode after Hulk and RSH exchanged a dozen punches or fought for half an hour, they clashed and instantly the planet and everyone on it went to shit, how is that not one punch/one gamma burst = planetary?

- With regards to the actual planet busting, the collision b/w WBH and RSH has a lot to do with contributing to it. Aristeaus brought up a point when he said that it was a combined feat. Could you explain how that isn't a combined feat and how we can reason that the gamma waves themselves are planetary? I read through your explanations from 2 years ago, but I still couldn't definitively conclude.

Arusteaus doesn't seem to know much of anything regarding WBH, i mean just peep at this

I am not saying that Hulk can't break them with strikes. Your argument, however, is that they would die to a gamma burst. I doubt that very much. The Corps are literally space police. You have any idea how much radiation is in space? Even the movie Hal would survive WBH Gamma Bursts. Why on earth would you think the comic versions who are significantly stronger wouldn't?

Hal wouldn't be able to walk through a gamma burst from fucking Savage Hulk, the one that stunned OF Thor and took out a Celestial, let alone a movie version doing anything, so i dunno what he is smoking but it aint doing him any good

No Caption Provided

The WBH and RSH feat is a combined feat, the problem is they did not combine their powers to destroy the planet they hit and directed each other powers at one another but the sheer power they released meant that the planet they were on could not survive it, despite the power not being directed at it, that literally requires orders of magnitude greater power than it would if they directed their power towards the planet itself.

It's like when Mljonir Hulk and Hulked out Thor hit each other, their goal was not to destroy the planet, they didn't give a damn about the planet, they directed their powers at each other, this is very obvious but the planet they were on just couldn't take it

No Caption Provided

this is done to emphasize just the sheer power these characters are operating at. Anyone that denies "oh well they can't actually destroy the planet by themselves" is just in pure cope mode at that point. WBH/Hulk has one of the most documented and narrative driven explanations for why he is a planet buster than ANY OTHER CHARACTER in comics. I am not even exaggerating, from comics themselves that showed him destroying one with RSH to his weaker forms destroying more planets later, to multiple comics from multiple different writers confirming it, some comics even having entire plot points hinge on the idea that we might need to bring in Hulk to destroy rogue planets, to handbooks/biobooks, to interviews to everything you can imagine.

So the reason the gamma waves are planetary is because when WBH and RSH clashed and directed all that power/gamma at one another they still affected everything on a planetary scale, literally vaporized billions of beings across the planet, before the planet even fell apart.

Holyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By Holyy

WBH’s takes this quite easily.

Edit: Also, lol, at anyone thinking the lanterns construct or shielding is withstanding a single wave from the Hulks.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Sorry man, I bet it's tiring af. I tried going through the prior explanations, but just couldn't see the reasoning all too clearly.

- So is it the clash or the gamma waves that bust the planet? Because a lot of the red stuff being dispersed could just be magma from the planet or the core of the planet. When we look at that planet, it looks like a lot of material/heat is being projected outward. It doesn't look like one or two waves of gamma radiation sweeping through a planet busting it. It definitely covered the surface and incinerated all the beings nearby, but I can't see anything else in that scan to substantiate the gamma waves themselves destroying the planet.

- Again, lol at anyone on the DC team doing anything to even a single WBH, but I still needed to clarify for the sake of debating in good faith.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Sorry man, I bet it's tiring af. I tried going through the prior explanations, but just couldn't see the reasoning all too clearly.

- So is it the clash or the gamma waves that bust the planet? Because a lot of the red stuff being dispersed could just be magma from the planet or the core of the planet. When we look at that planet, it looks like a lot of material/heat is being projected outward. It doesn't look like one or two waves of gamma radiation sweeping through a planet busting it. It definitely covered the surface and incinerated all the beings nearby, but I can't see anything else in that scan to substantiate the gamma waves themselves destroying the planet.

- Again, lol at anyone on the DC team doing anything to even a single WBH, but I still needed to clarify for the sake of debating in good faith.

Hulks gamma is often depicted as being able to destroy physical things, even back in WWH, him just walking was enough to destroy the continent and you can see a shit ton of gamma spew out from the ground as it broke

No Caption Provided

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl said:

Is it possible he is planetary? Sure. But all my point is that he has never had a planetary feat solo, and it certainly wasn't just Gamma Bursts... They literally clashed and we saw the damage. Was Gamma a part of it? Sure. All these people arguing 4x Planet busting gamma bursts are just delusional though

Would depend on the context.

I mean you said it yourself; One version incinerates people the other breaks apart planets. If it was a gamma burst, wouldn't it have... you know.. incinerated the planet instead of busting it?

Confused. You started this reply with you not being certain he is planetary, and now you are stating hulk is casually planetary+. Even if you attributed him as planetary, it certainly isn't casual.

Pretty sure he was cut on the arm and the back during that fight.

You absolutely cannot argue consistency here. The Flashes, and even other people on this list, do not need to constantly operate at their highest speeds. OP has directly stated that their mindset is the Hulks are recognized horrific planetary threats. Find me a instance where a Flash was going up against a threat like that, that wasn't capable of similar speeds, and got tagged by "bricks".

You won't be able to. Because like the GL argument, if someone of that threat level actually hit the Flashes they would be paste.

Pretty useful considering he still causes damage while phasing through/into someone and he has shown the ability to alter molecules at range ( though that is very rare ).

Not only that, even if you somehow are limiting him to not being able to harm anyone and being intangible... he can still go back in time and reset the fight if it doesn't go well.... and thanks to his aura, he is able to relay information to other people of his speed, effectively giving the entire team knowledge.

There are just so many ways for the JLA team to win. There are many people on the team that can arguably solo. Kyle, The Flashes, MMH, Captain Atom are all just bad matchups for WBH.

While others have the ability to just BFR them into space where they are completely helpless.

- When they're punching each other, the force from their punches is directed towards each other, not the planet. The forces don't combine to destroy the planet. The residual force/shockwave busts the planet they're on. It doesn't indicate that WBH wouldn't have busted that planet without RSH.

- Fair enough. That's where a lot of my confusion hinges as well regarding the gamma bursts themselves being planetary.

- I'll get back to this point once I get confirmation or denial of his gamma waves being planetary.

- I didn't see any damage on him.

- I don't need to find such an instance because they've been damaged by less before. If they can be damaged in such an instance, I don't see why a superior being wouldn't be able to do so.

- I've never known anyone except the Reverse Flashes of being able to manipulate the time-stream without consequence.

- Mon-El was specified as Ion in the OP. If the OP wanted White Lantern Kyle or whatever to be in the battle, they would have/should have specified that. Base Kyle is insufficient. I could see Captain Atom potentially soloing though.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl said:

Hulks gamma is often depicted as being able to destroy physical things, even back in WWH, him just walking was enough to destroy the continent and you can see a shit ton of gamma spew out from the ground as it broke

No Caption Provided

- Sure but that damage was caused by him walking around, not from the gamma radiation itself. The last two panels show Hulk walking and the POV shaking + damage.

- Also, Captain Atom can just amp himself by absorbing the radiation, could he not? The Flashes can also rearrange molecules via phasing. Wally should be pretty adept at that considering he's the fastest here and it's not like they're gonna job to someone as powerful as WBH.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: - Sure but that damage was caused by him walking around, not from the gamma radiation itself. The last two panels show Hulk walking and the POV shaking + damage.

If he can almost break a continent while walking, what happens when he is in a more powerful form and is fighting on a planet? This isn't really rocket science.

- Also, Captain Atom can just amp himself by absorbing the radiation, could he not? The Flashes can also rearrange molecules via phasing. Wally should be pretty adept at that considering he's the fastest here and it's not like they're gonna job to someone as powerful as WBH.

Maybe, i first need to see the kind of people Cap Atom has drained, cause the quantity of how much Atom has drained is irrelevant, what matters is how many people with resistance to draining has he drained. Since Hulk is highly resistant to draining

Hulk has resisted draining from LoebForce Rulk

and Rulk was particularly infamous for draining beings like Odin Force Thor, Watcher, Surfer, etc... which Rulk confirms with his own words here

No Caption Provided

Hulk has also resisted being drained by Darwin

No Caption Provided

Darwin being the same guy that drained Hela of her powers

Hulk has recently resisted getting drained by Rogue as well

No Caption Provided

Rogue is notorious for draining pretty much every Marvel hero at least once at some point but most notably she has literally drained Zarathos from Ghost Rider himself

No Caption Provided

On top of that Hulk has resisted being drained by the Elder Spikes for 7 straight hours

for reference the Spikes drain entire planets of life and even feed on dying stars

No Caption Provided

Another instance is a Kree space ship that was capable of draining Surfer, Strange and Namor of their powers

fails to drain the Hulk who resists and breaks the whole spacecraft from the backlash

No Caption Provided

There are quite a few more instances of Hulk resisting draining or intentionally overloading the person that drains him, but these are the more impressive ones that come to mind.

Not sure what re-arranging Hulks molecules is gonna do, but if Flash can phase through a gamma burst safely and BFR Hulk somehow than he can win that way.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl said:
@underfire47 said:
@boutatakeanl said:

- Also, Captain Atom can just amp himself by absorbing the radiation, could he not

Atom has never reliably absorbed this much Gamma radiation, especially when Darwin, a character who was able to contain the energies of Skyfathers couldn't actually drain Hulk without having to disappear as UF has already noted. It's a bit goofy sure, but at the same time it showcases how dangerous Gamma radiation is to absorb. Not to mention as I've already detailed as well, Atom has not been able to absorb far less from weaker characters, in fact he's failed at points to do so without overloading, which is something he tries not to let happen.

The Flashes can also rearrange molecules via phasing

....not to anything of this extent. It took Eobard Thawne multiple issues to escape out of a dimensional prison that was interlaced with radiation signatures.

Wally should be pretty adept at that considering he's the fastest here and it's not like they're gonna job to someone as powerful as WBH

It doesn't really matter when it's a omnidirectional blast; speed can't really do much about that.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Absorbing Hulks gamma is quite dangerous indeed, as was shown when Hulk overloaded Lord Armageddons son with it, vaporizing him completely

as well as when he overloaded the god Chernobog with it

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with the Hulks here too hard to take down and most are fodder anyway. Atoms reality warp isn't enough given not what he will do off the bat

Avatar image for sun_wukong_girl
sun_wukong_girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to go with JL. A couple of powerhouses could blitz and knock the Hulks into the Sun.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to go with JL. A couple of powerhouses could blitz and knock the Hulks into the Sun.

Once again, speed is a non-factor with omnidirectional Gamma waves.

There's also the fact that no one in the JLA has ever done what is being described here, so it's basically just fan-fiction.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- When they're punching each other, the force from their punches is directed towards each other, not the planet. The forces don't combine to destroy the planet. The residual force/shockwave busts the planet they're on. It doesn't indicate that WBH wouldn't have busted that planet without RSH.

A shockwave is caused by one thing hitting another thing. In this case, Hulk and RSH clashed causing the damage.

- I didn't see any damage on him.

Literally cut him causing a large amount of blood to be released. Not sure how you don't see that as damage.

- I don't need to find such an instance because they've been damaged by less before. If they can be damaged in such an instance, I don't see why a superior being wouldn't be able to do so.

You do because heroes don't fight at 100% all the time. Superman has to literally hold back like 99% of the time. Flash is not going as fast as he can all the time. But, in the scenario presented by the OP, he would. So you have to judge his mindset by similar mindsets, IE, serious planetary threats.

- I've never known anyone except the Reverse Flashes of being able to manipulate the time-stream without consequence.

I didn't say they were going to go back in time and kill baby Banner. They are going back to the beginning of the fight. Flashes going back in time that short of a distance wouldn't effect much, and certainly not the fight itself.

Also no, Flashes have manipulated the time stream fairly regularly without consequence.

- Mon-El was specified as Ion in the OP. If the OP wanted White Lantern Kyle or whatever to be in the battle, they would have/should have specified that. Base Kyle is insufficient. I could see Captain Atom potentially soloing though.

You were the person arguing consistency. Consistently, Kyle is either WL or Ion.

But it doesn't matter, Mon-El with Ion is enough to solo as well. Ion is way, way above WBH's paygrade. There is no chance for 4 WBH's to win this fight. You could make it 10 and they still get stomped into oblivion.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: - Sure but that damage was caused by him walking around, not from the gamma radiation itself. The last two panels show Hulk walking and the POV shaking + damage.

If he can almost break a continent while walking, what happens when he is in a more powerful form and is fighting on a planet? This isn't really rocket science.

Understood. I was just under the impression that the planet-busting scan itself revealed all of this information. Stupid on my part, but yeah. I get the strength part, but I still have yet to see the gamma waves themselves being planetary. The continent was destroyed because of the force generated by Hulk walking, not the gamma waves (as far as I know/can see).

Maybe, i first need to see the kind of people Cap Atom has drained, cause the quantity of how much Atom has drained is irrelevant, what matters is how many people with resistance to draining has he drained. Since Hulk is highly resistant to draining

Conceded. I don't have enough knowledge on him. I hear that he's really powerful and doesn't really have an upper limit to what he can drain. I'd assume that this would be exemplified when he's facing a planetary + threat. Speculation from hearsay though.

Hulk has resisted draining from LoebForce Rulk

and Rulk was particularly infamous for draining beings like Odin Force Thor, Watcher, Surfer, etc... which Rulk confirms with his own words here

No Caption Provided

Hulk has also resisted being drained by Darwin

No Caption Provided

Darwin being the same guy that drained Hela of her powers

Hulk has recently resisted getting drained by Rogue as well

No Caption Provided

Rogue is notorious for draining pretty much every Marvel hero at least once at some point but most notably she has literally drained Zarathos from Ghost Rider himself

No Caption Provided

On top of that Hulk has resisted being drained by the Elder Spikes for 7 straight hours

for reference the Spikes drain entire planets of life and even feed on dying stars

No Caption Provided

Another instance is a Kree space ship that was capable of draining Surfer, Strange and Namor of their powers

fails to drain the Hulk who resists and breaks the whole spacecraft from the backlash

No Caption Provided

There are quite a few more instances of Hulk resisting draining or intentionally overloading the person that drains him, but these are the more impressive ones that come to mind.

Uh... wow. Didn't know Hulk resists draining like that. Damn... However, couldn't Captain Atom still amp himself up by absorbing the gamma radiation released from the waves? I ask you because I'm sure you know a lot more of these characters than me.

Not sure what re-arranging Hulks molecules is gonna do, but if Flash can phase through a gamma burst safely and BFR Hulk somehow than he can win that way.

Uh... brain damage or something. I'd figure rearranging his molecules enough would probably kill him. Is there any way to scale WBH's healing to any of the other Hulks? I don't recall him healing anything while he was WBH (even though he took no damage from anything).

@boutatakeanl said:
@underfire47 said:
@boutatakeanl said:

- Also, Captain Atom can just amp himself by absorbing the radiation, could he not

Atom has never reliably absorbed this much Gamma radiation, especially when Darwin, a character who was able to contain the energies of Skyfathers couldn't actually drain Hulk without having to disappear as UF has already noted. It's a bit goofy sure, but at the same time it showcases how dangerous Gamma radiation is to absorb. Not to mention as I've already detailed as well, Atom has not been able to absorb far less from weaker characters, in fact he's failed at points to do so without overloading, which is something he tries not to let happen.

....not to anything of this extent. It took Eobard Thawne multiple issues to escape out of a dimensional prison that was interlaced with radiation signatures.

Wally should be pretty adept at that considering he's the fastest here and it's not like they're gonna job to someone as powerful as WBH

It doesn't really matter when it's a omnidirectional blast; speed can't really do much about that.

- If you're referring to the mutant Darwin, I find it difficult to believe he's consistently powerful enough to contain the energies of a Skyfather. I know nothing of the character, so I'm just going off assumption/the little I know. Either way, is this more of a resistance to draining feat or does it showcase how dangerous gamma radiation is to absorb because it strikes me as the former?

- I don't see why durability would play a part in having your molecules rearranged. That's kind of a hax to bypass almost any defense one would possess.

- He can phase through the gamma wave.

- Can't a lot of these low showings be chalked up to PIS or jobbing? It's perfectly valid to state that all of these heroes fight in-character most of the time. They're not gonna be going for kills and they're not gonna abuse their power. I guess this doesn't really play in for durability feats, but strength, speed (getting tagged), etc... would all be affected by this. Wouldn't Captain Atom failing to drain someone potentially be affected by this, at least in some scenarios? Unless most of this is specified by context beforehand.

- Also, is it true Kyle is White Lantern or Ion throughout most of post-crisis, because I find that difficult to believe. Isn't he also ridiculously inconsistent with either amp?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@boutatakeanl said:

- If you're referring to the mutant Darwin, I find it difficult to believe he's consistently powerful enough to contain the energies of a Skyfather. I know nothing of the character

I did a RT on the guy and it's fairly consistent for him to do so, he's basically indestructible.

Either way, is this more of a resistance to draining feat or does it showcase how dangerous gamma radiation is to absorb because it strikes me as the former

Both, his resistance comes from his anger which produces more Gamma. More Gamma = more powerful.

- I don't see why durability would play a part in having your molecules rearranged

Regen and durablity definitely would play a factor into that, not like it matters given it isn't going to happen.

- He can phase through the gamma wave

As I mentioned in the last post, it took Eobard multiple issues to escape a dimensional prison with phasing, said prison was laced with radiation and whatnot.

- Can't a lot of these low showings be chalked up to PIS or jobbing

Not sure if they can all be applied as such. Most regular speedster fights don't function like what you are mentioning.

It's perfectly valid to state that all of these heroes fight in-character most of the time. They're not gonna be going for kills and they're not gonna abuse their power. I guess this doesn't really play in for durability feats, but strength, speed (getting tagged), etc... would all be affected by this. Wouldn't Captain Atom failing to drain someone potentially be affected by this, at least in some scenarios? Unless most of this is specified by context beforehand

Not really, I don't see how PIS has to do with failing to contain and/or drain something.

- Also, is it true Kyle is White Lantern or Ion throughout most of post-crisis, because I find that difficult to believe

He was White Lantern for maybe a few issues at best in Post Crisis and the Ion shtick didn't last long either.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boutatakeanl: Understood. I was just under the impression that the planet-busting scan itself revealed all of this information. Stupid on my part, but yeah. I get the strength part, but I still have yet to see the gamma waves themselves being planetary. The continent was destroyed because of the force generated by Hulk walking, not the gamma waves (as far as I know/can see).

They are planetary when WBH and RSH clash, what do you think vaporizes the entire planet? It's a combination of both, obviously Hulk walking is causing all the earthquake but at the same time it's sending all the gamma underground and we see it spewing everything. In Las Vegas he didn't even walk, just him transforming almost broke the continent and for that gamma was specifically at fault

No Caption Provided

Conceded. I don't have enough knowledge on him. I hear that he's really powerful and doesn't really have an upper limit to what he can drain. I'd assume that this would be exemplified when he's facing a planetary + threat. Speculation from hearsay though.

He might not have an upper limit to what he can drain, but things he can drain have resistances. Just like with everything else. Rogue at one point drained literally every single hero in Marvel at the same time including Hulk when they all willingly gave her their powers, but when she tried to just drain Hulk forcefully one time she failed cause Hulk resisted her.

Uh... wow. Didn't know Hulk resists draining like that. Damn... However, couldn't Captain Atom still amp himself up by absorbing the gamma radiation released from the waves? I ask you because I'm sure you know a lot more of these characters than me.

That is possible, it depends on whether or not he can tank those same waves first. It's like asking couldn't Superman amp himself from a supernova? Technically he could, but first he needs to withstand that supernova.

Uh... brain damage or something. I'd figure rearranging his molecules enough would probably kill him. Is there any way to scale WBH's healing to any of the other Hulks? I don't recall him healing anything while he was WBH (even though he took no damage from anything).

You can't kill Hulk. Nothing has damaged WBH so far, with that said WBH gets all the healing feats of weaker incarnations, so if Savage Hulk survived and instantly healed from being vaporized, WBH can do the same and also quicker and easier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#425 frozen  Moderator

Based on?

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fate and/or Zatanna can transmute, misdirect or transmogrify the gamma bursts, which will allow the entirety of the JLA to survive. Unfortunately for them, they can't really permanently harm WBHs through physical means, but they can still serve as a distraction for the mystic duo to conjure up a spell BFR'ing them or erasing them from reality etc.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@sheenlantern said:

Based on?

BFR is a free win for a lot of these guys like Superman

Hulk has no response to GL or Flash Hax

Also can't contend with DC combat speed

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate solos

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:
@frozen said:
@sheenlantern said:

Based on?

BFR is a free win for a lot of these guys like Superman

I'd love to hear about Superman BFR'ing one planet buster, let alone four at the same time lol. I also love how every single argument here can be boiled down to the same few talking points that have been debunked repeatedly.

Hulk has no response to GL or Flash Hax

Wrong on both ends, GL and Flash have nothing to suggest they can handle 4x planet busting omnidirectional Gamma waves coming at them.

Also can't contend with DC combat speed

See the definition of "omnidirectional" etc

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By Underfire47

@professorrespect: One thing I've noticed about a lot of DC fanboys is that they have become way too complacent with just beginning and ending every thread with "<insert X character> blitzes", because the majority of times they didn't need to content with any counter for it. To the point where when they eventually come across something that completely counters that blitz, they don't know how to react or process said information, so they just continue repeating the same mantra of "<insert X character> blitzes", lol. It's like talking to literal NPCs.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47 said:

@professorrespect: One thing I've noticed about a lot of DC fanboys is that they have become way too complacent with just beginning and ending every thread with "<insert X character> blitzes", because the majority of times they didn't need to content with any counter for it. To the point where when they eventually come across something that completely counters that blitz, they don't know how to react or process said information, so they just continue repeating the same mantra of "<insert X character> blitzes", lol. It's like talking to literal NPCs.

Yeah it's a lot more boring now than it was 2 years or so ago tbh. At least then you'd have guys like WalterWhite or Ted trying to wank a point out with tangible examples to at least go over, now it's just mostly people parroting the same clichés all the time. That probably has to do with the reduction in comic debaters, but still, this shouldn't have nine pages dedicated to it.

SanMiguel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized it’s 4 hulks. 4 hulks could pull this off.