• 108 results
Avatar image for king_stranglehold_da_first
#51 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:
@illuminated said:

@illuminated:

But the Sentry feat is exactly the same as the one Hulk did. And I fully tried addressing the "issue" you had with it but yet you for some reason didn't want to hear me and kept lashing out at me. The reason I bring it up because again the Hulk and Sentry feats are literally the SAME. lol. I personally admitted that it can be argued as a shared feat here. I consider myself the most respectable Sentry fan on here(compared to the last ones) and when I TRY repeat TRY to come to a logical understanding with you, you always lash out. lol. I'm sorry but I just WANT YOU to understand where I was trying to come from. I wasn't in no way wanking him.

As for Hulk surviving or not agree to disagree because many people will always interpret it differently. With the scan you posted I am not sure what Pak was referring to But I have seen respectable Hulk fans agree to the scan I posted by Pak. But again agree-disagree if you wish.

It isn't, there is different context to the Sentry/Photon feat. I wasn't lashing out at you it's just that i don't agree with your premise. So we will have to agree to disagree there.

Which Hulk fans agreed to the scan? Again if Hulk had died there, he died because he wished for it, not because his durability couldn't take a planet exploding. I mean the mother of all ironies of Greg Pak making a world breaker Hulk who can't survive a world breaking... come on now.

I don't want to drag him into this but I got it from @ghostravage in that Hulk vs Superman thread when I was reading through it. Fact is Greg Pak was not 100% clear. With the scan I posted it make it seem like he did not survive.

Yes and i know GR himself has said it's not clear what happened and he leans more on Hulk not dying there.

The scan in the comic actually contradicts him dying, as when we see WBH and RSH fighting everyone around them is dying and getting vaporised while the planet explodes while they are fine and after the planet blows up one of the first things we see is Hulk being perfectly fine, so he was either completely fine throughout the whole thing or he died as he wished than came back as he wished.

Either way he didn't die because he couldn't survive a planet busting he and RSH caused with their own power.

Let me address this one more time because it doesn't make sense nor is it still impressive for Hulk.

Fallen One who is weaker than Thanos fights him and they destroy a gas giant and yet Fallen One still survives.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

If Hulk wasn't able to survive the planet OR energy from RSH then he plan just doesn't have planet busting durability. If World Breaker Hulk's energies clashed with Thanos(who is obviously more powerful unless you think otherwise) and the planet was destroyed do you think Thanos will die?

#52 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated said:
@illuminated said:

@illuminated:

But the Sentry feat is exactly the same as the one Hulk did. And I fully tried addressing the "issue" you had with it but yet you for some reason didn't want to hear me and kept lashing out at me. The reason I bring it up because again the Hulk and Sentry feats are literally the SAME. lol. I personally admitted that it can be argued as a shared feat here. I consider myself the most respectable Sentry fan on here(compared to the last ones) and when I TRY repeat TRY to come to a logical understanding with you, you always lash out. lol. I'm sorry but I just WANT YOU to understand where I was trying to come from. I wasn't in no way wanking him.

As for Hulk surviving or not agree to disagree because many people will always interpret it differently. With the scan you posted I am not sure what Pak was referring to But I have seen respectable Hulk fans agree to the scan I posted by Pak. But again agree-disagree if you wish.

It isn't, there is different context to the Sentry/Photon feat. I wasn't lashing out at you it's just that i don't agree with your premise. So we will have to agree to disagree there.

Which Hulk fans agreed to the scan? Again if Hulk had died there, he died because he wished for it, not because his durability couldn't take a planet exploding. I mean the mother of all ironies of Greg Pak making a world breaker Hulk who can't survive a world breaking... come on now.

I don't want to drag him into this but I got it from @ghostravage in that Hulk vs Superman thread when I was reading through it. Fact is Greg Pak was not 100% clear. With the scan I posted it make it seem like he did not survive.

Yes and i know GR himself has said it's not clear what happened and he leans more on Hulk not dying there.

The scan in the comic actually contradicts him dying, as when we see WBH and RSH fighting everyone around them is dying and getting vaporised while the planet explodes while they are fine and after the planet blows up one of the first things we see is Hulk being perfectly fine, so he was either completely fine throughout the whole thing or he died as he wished than came back as he wished.

Either way he didn't die because he couldn't survive a planet busting he and RSH caused with their own power.

Let me address this one more time because it doesn't make sense nor is it still impressive for Hulk.

Fallen One who is weaker than Thanos fights him and they destroy a gas giant and yet Fallen One still survives.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

If Hulk wasn't able to survive the planet OR energy from RSH then he plan just doesn't have planet busting durability. If World Breaker Hulk's energies clashed with Thanos(who is obviously more powerful unless you think otherwise) and the planet was destroyed do you think Thanos will die?

Sigh... for the last time...

Hulk WISHED to die. So if he did die, he died because he WISHED for it, the WISH KILLED HIM.

Not the planet exploding, Hulk has survived a planet busting attack from Galaxy Master, survived one from Hiro Kala and Maestro survived the Battleworld exploding in Secret Wars.

The notion that you think Pak would make a WORLD BREAKER HULK and than have him die from a world breaking(even though that same Pak showed Green Scar tanking a planet busting attack) is ridiculous.

If WBH clashed with Thanos and wished for the 2 of them to die, both of them would have died with or without the planet exploding, they would die because that was the wish, it doesn't even have to be WBH, it could be Spiderman and you would still have the same result if the wishing was involved.

#53 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk WISHED to die. So if he did die, he died because he WISHED for it, the WISH KILLED HIM.

Not the planet exploding, Hulk has survived a planet busting attack from Galaxy Master, survived one from Hiro Kala and Maestro survived the Battleworld exploding in Secret Wars.

The notion that you think Pak would make a WORLD BREAKER HULK and than have him die from a world breaking(even though that same Pak showed Green Scar tanking a planet busting attack) is ridiculous.

If WBH clashed with Thanos and wished for the 2 of them to die, both of them would have died with or without the planet exploding, they would die because that was the wish, it doesn't even have to be WBH, it could be Spiderman and you would still have the same result if the wishing was involved.

I'm still waiting for you to show us the bolded. As for Hulk wishing to die I'm reading over Incredible Hulks Issue 634 and I only remember him wishing so everyone lives. You can correct me because I may have missed that. And where did Pak show Hulk tanking a planet busting attack? And also names don't mean much either way... Anyways, like I said before I'll just leave it at we don't know if Hulk can survive a planet being destroyed or not because Pak wasn't clear in the response on social meda.

#55 Posted by Worldofthunder (2266 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated said:

I'm still waiting for you to show us the bolded. As for Hulk wishing to die I'm reading over Incredible Hulks Issue 634 and I only remember him wishing so everyone lives. You can correct me because I may have missed that. And where did Pak show Hulk tanking a planet busting attack? And also names don't mean much either way... Anyways, like I said before I'll just leave it at we don't know if Hulk can survive a planet being destroyed or not because Pak wasn't clear in the response on social meda.

Whose us? Anyway

Galaxy Master -

A cosmic entity that basically roams the universe enslaving and destroying planets uses everything he has against Hulk and still can't destroy him with his attacks until he switches to gas which manages to knock out Hulk(gas used to be a weakness for him back than).

Hiro Kala -

Hiro Kalas attacks where breaking the planet and his attack directed at Hulk could be seen from Earth

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

And this was written under Pak

Maestro -

You know what happened at the end of Secret Wars they blew up the planet

No Caption Provided

the only one left aimlessly drifting on one of the pieces of the planet was Maestro

Again this notion of you trying desperately to prove or insuniate that Hulk cant' tank a planet exploding is ridiculous, because whether or not Pak was clear about what happened to Hulk, he made it clear by feats that he can do it and yes if you read the comic carefully you will find that Hulk did wish to die

No Caption Provided

In issue 634 the one you are reading but for some reason can't find the pretty obvious panel.

#57 Posted by KanyeCosby (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t know why people are saying that she wins. Hulk clearly has superior feats. Destroying a planet with the shockwave of your hit, even if it’s a shared feat is still way above planet busting.

#58 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated:

Galaxy Master -

I don't quite see where Hulk is tanking a planet busting attack? Can you point to me where exactly Galaxy Master is attacking him with planet busting attacks?

Hiro Kala -

I remember addressing this Hira Kala feat before. Impressive but not so much as you're making it out to be. Was most likely a chain reaction similar to Binary. Breaking a planet is not the same as one shotting it.

Maestro -

You know what happened at the end of Secret Wars they blew up the planet

The planet doesn't look fully destroyed... Don't see how this is impressive? It looks more like what Star Punch Girl did to the dinosaurs.

Again this notion of you trying desperately to prove or insuniate that Hulk cant' tank a planet exploding is ridiculous, because whether or not Pak was clear about what happened to Hulk, he made it clear by feats that he can do it and yes if you read the comic carefully you will find that Hulk did wish to die

I'm not "desperately" trying to prove ANYTHING. The burden of proof is ON YOU. Its on YOU to prove with facts that he can clearly survive planet being destroyed. All I'm doing is asking for evidence. Nothing more nothing less. Pak left every thing very vague. The scan I posted of his reply seems to indicate that Hulk did die. More importantly not sure why you posted that scan because it deflates your argument for Hulk.

No Caption Provided

"We're gonna fight. Like no one has ever fought before. And we're gonna die. And then we're gonna fight some more."

How does this statement even indicate that Hulk WISHED to die??? All I'm getting is a statement by Hulk is that they're going to be fighting eternally. Its actually the contrary because Hulk states "and then we're gonna fight some more." The whole "and we're gonna die" is not Hulk stating he wants to die but more of a statement that the battle will be so deadly that they WILL die but then return. And thus an eternal battle. If anything this adds that he MAY IN FACT have died in the planet being destroyed. Again, how does this support your argument? It actually runs away from it. And no offense you excuse me of being dishonest? I'm just trying to LOOK FOR what YOU'RE saying.

#59 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

I don’t know why people are saying that she wins. Hulk clearly has superior feats. Destroying a planet with the shockwave of your hit, even if it’s a shared feat is still way above planet busting.

??????? O_o

First off a planet bust is a planet bust. Second MANY planet busters have destroyed planets with shock waves. Hell many have destroyed them by simply bull rushing their opponents through them. How is a shared feat more impressive than someone one-shotting a planet on their own? That doesn't make sense. Terrax by himself destroyed a planet by simply slicing it in half. Gladiator destroyed a planet by simply punching it. And it wasn't just the shockwaves that destroyed the planet but the gamma energies released by BOTH combatants. More importantly HOW is this above planet busting unless you believe WBH himself can destroy things above planets?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
#60 Posted by deactivated-5ad6141e8751d (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk gets wrecked by star busting punches

#61 Posted by KanyeCosby (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Well if you destroyed a planet with the shockwaves of your hit, that means that you are also way above regular planet busting levels. Gladiator and Terrax’s feats aren’t as impressive as Hulk because they are directly hitting the planet. Hulk isn’t even hitting the planet yet it’s getting destroyed as a side effect of him punching someone else. For example, if you and I punched each other, and someone was vaporized as a side effect to our hit, would that mean that our maximum damage output is only being able to kill one person?

#62 Posted by HellionVulcan (6258 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Punch Girl stomps.

#63 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby:

Well if you destroyed a planet with the shockwaves of your hit,

MANY high heralds have done this in fights. Plus it was the gamma energies that did MOST the damage on top of it being a clash.

Gladiator and Terrax’s feats aren’t as impressive as Hulk because they are directly hitting the planet.

Wait what? This doesn't make sense? One shotting a planet via physical force and destroying it is way more impressive than some shockwaves that some can argue was a chain reaction? Not only that but they did it by themselves! One shotting a planet directly with physical force is more impressive than a clash between two combatants that were emitting destructive gamma energies.

Hulk isn’t even hitting the planet yet it’s getting destroyed as a side effect of him punching someone else.

Its getting destroyed because of the gamma energy being RELEASED.

For example, if you and I punched each other, and someone was vaporized as a side effect to our hit, would that mean that our maximum damage output is only being able to kill one person?

Except none of us are infused with destructive gamma radiation. What Hulk and RSH did was essentially what Thanos and Drax did when they destroyed a planet. They clashed and then their energies did the rest iirc. Fact is your making this feat out more than what it is. It was a shared feat. We clearly see gamma energy emitting from both them.

#64 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I don't quite see where Hulk is tanking a planet busting attack? Can you point to me where exactly Galaxy Master is attacking him with planet busting attacks?

In the second scan.

I remember addressing this Hira Kala feat before. Impressive but not so much as you're making it out to be. Was most likely a chain reaction similar to Binary. Breaking a planet is not the same as one shotting it.

There is no chain reaction, he was hitting Hulk with a planet busting attack it was as simple as that.

The planet doesn't look fully destroyed... Don't see how this is impressive? It looks more like what Star Punch Girl did to the dinosaurs.

LOL what? The whole planet is Secret wars was destroyed, did you read the event? This was all that was left of the planet

No Caption Provided

I'm not "desperately" trying to prove ANYTHING. The burden of proof is ON YOU. Its on YOU to prove with facts that he can clearly survive planet being destroyed. All I'm doing is asking for evidence. Nothing more nothing less. Pak left every thing very vague. The scan I posted of his reply seems to indicate that Hulk did die. More importantly not sure why you posted that scan because it deflates your argument for Hulk.

And i am proving it.

"We're gonna fight. Like no one has ever fought before. And we're gonna die. And then we're gonna fight some more."

Are you trolling me? He says we're gonna die.

How does this statement even indicate that Hulk WISHED to die??? All I'm getting is a statement by Hulk is that they're going to be fighting eternally. Its actually the contrary because Hulk states "and then we're gonna fight some more." The whole "and we're gonna die" is not Hulk stating he wants to die but more of a statement that the battle will be so deadly that they WILL die but then return. And thus an eternal battle. If anything this adds that he MAY IN FACT have died in the planet being destroyed. Again, how does this support your argument? It actually runs away from it. And no offense you excuse me of being dishonest? I'm just trying to LOOK FOR what YOU'RE saying.

He literally says he they are gonna die and come back and die, etc... Pak even said it himself in the scan you posted. LOL, yes it is that's how it works him saying we're gonna die is part of the wish. Literally ask any other Hulk fan @ghostravage@thedailybagel or anyone else they will tell you the same thing. In fact you are the first person i am hearing this from.

#65 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

??????? O_o

First off a planet bust is a planet bust. Second MANY planet busters have destroyed planets with shock waves. Hell many have destroyed them by simply bull rushing their opponents through them. How is a shared feat more impressive than someone one-shotting a planet on their own? That doesn't make sense. Terrax by himself destroyed a planet by simply slicing it in half. Gladiator destroyed a planet by simply punching it. And it wasn't just the shockwaves that destroyed the planet but the gamma energies released by BOTH combatants. More importantly HOW is this above planet busting unless you believe WBH himself can destroy things above planets?

I don't know why you act surprised at him, it is pretty common knowledge that it takes exponentially greater force to bust a planet indirectly then directly.

#66 Posted by P00TY (5454 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: I'm with you on this one.

Two people who are not even directly attacking a planet but destroying a planet as a SIDE EFFECT.... is Far Far more impressive than one person busting a planet by hitting it.

Example: If you and I punch each other in front of a wall and the wall crumbles. That shows that EITHER of us could destroy the wall if we hit it directly.

#67 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@p00ty said:

@kanyecosby: I'm with you on this one.

Two people who are not even directly attacking a planet but destroying a planet as a SIDE EFFECT.... is Far Far more impressive than one person busting a planet by hitting it.

Example: If you and I punch each other in front of a wall and the wall crumbles. That shows that EITHER of us could destroy the wall if we hit it directly.

Exactly, honestly pretty simple and sound logic i dunno why people stubbornly try to argue against it, it makes no sense.

#68 Edited by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated:

In the second scan.

I still don't quite see it.

There is no chain reaction, he was hitting Hulk with a planet busting attack it was as simple as that.

You said the planet is "breaking." Sounds more like a chain reaction than Hiro one shotting it. I read the scans you posted and I see no indication that Hulk was hit with a planet busting attack. The blast/attack was impressive but it still didn't destroy the planet. Second when you say the blast could be seen from Earth one of the people in the white house states that the planet is coming into distance. So that explains why they are able to see it. The blast is clearly LARGE but it didn't destroy the planet....

LOL what? The whole planet is Secret wars was destroyed, did you read the event? This was all that was left of the planet

No... I only read parts of SW but I'm going to look into that issue. To see if Maestro actually tanked it.

Are you trolling me? He says we're gonna die.

I never troll. You are reading the statement differently than I am. I KNOW he say's "we're gonna die", but he doesn't seem to mean it in the context of what you're saying.

He literally says he they are gonna die and come back and die, etc... Pak even said it himself in the scan you posted. LOL, yes it is that's how it works him saying we're gonna die is part of the wish. Literally ask any other Hulk fan @ghostravage@thedailybagel or anyone else they will tell you the same thing. In fact you are the first person i am hearing this from.

Like I said you are reading that statement differently and seeing it as something else. Once again where does Hulk SPECIFICALLY in the statement wishes to die?

All I'm getting is that its going to be an eternal battle where they are allowed to die and come back again. What I got from YOU is that Hulk specifically wished to die. I'm NOT getting that from that statement. And yes Pak does state that in the scan I posted which actually boosts why I posted it in the first place because he hints Hulk died due to the explosion. Overall, what you are arguing doesn't make sense. And yes please tag those two because many they can post an alternative scan that gives much better context that makes sense.

Heck I can make a thread and we can further analyze this if you wish.

#69 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I still don't quite see it.

Then i can't help you i guess.

You said the planet is "breaking." Sounds more like a chain reaction than Hiro one shotting it. I read the scans you posted and I see no indication that Hulk was hit with a planet busting attack. The blast/attack was impressive but it still didn't destroy the planet. Second when you say the blast could be seen from Earth one of the people in the white house states that the planet is coming into distance. So that explains why they are able to see it. The blast is clearly LARGE but it didn't destroy the planet....

I am not sure why you worry about the wordage i use. The blast never destroyed the planet because 1. it hit Hulk not the planet, 2. Skaar sacrificed himself to hold the planet together.

No... I only read parts of SW but I'm going to look into that issue. To see if Maestro actually tanked it.

You do that.

I never troll. You are reading the statement differently than I am. I KNOW he say's "we're gonna die", but he doesn't seem to mean it in the context of what you're saying.

It literally means the exact thing i am saying, LITERALLY.

Like I said you are reading that statement differently and seeing it as something else. Once again where does Hulk SPECIFICALLY in the statement wishes to die?

OMG, that's not how the wishes work you don't have to WISH for something to happen, you just need to say, even suggest soemthing and it will happen, read through that arc again.

All I'm getting is that its going to be an eternal battle where they are allowed to die and come back again. What I got from YOU is that Hulk specifically wished to die. I'm NOT getting that from that statement. And yes Pak does state that in the scan I posted which actually boosts why I posted it in the first place because he hints Hulk died due to the explosion. Overall, what you are arguing doesn't make sense. And yes please tag those two because many they can post an alternative scan that gives much better context that makes sense.

You even have Pak telling you they wish to fight, die and fight some more.

Heck I can make a thread and we can further analyze this if you wish.

I've overanalyzed the entire thing and literally NOBODY has said the things you are saying now. I am not joking, i am 100% serious. You are just choosing to believe what you want.

#70 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated:

Agree-disagree as we are going in circles and I am occupied with a debate in another match. I don't really deny Hulk can survive a planet being busted or him doing it on his OWN but again Pak left everything vague in my opinion. So agree-disagree.

#71 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by tensor (8108 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#73 Posted by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: There's a little bit, but those are her best feats so far. The comic seems to be on some sort of hiatus, as there hasn't been any new chapters in a while...

#74 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Well if you destroyed a planet with the shockwaves of your hit, that means that you are also way above regular planet busting levels. Gladiator and Terrax’s feats aren’t as impressive as Hulk because they are directly hitting the planet. Hulk isn’t even hitting the planet yet it’s getting destroyed as a side effect of him punching someone else. For example, if you and I punched each other, and someone was vaporized as a side effect to our hit, would that mean that our maximum damage output is only being able to kill one person?

Unless you're bigger than the planet, pretty much any time you bust a planet it's via some indirect shockwave... If there isn't a shock wave then all you'd accomplish by like say, punching the planet, would be shoving your hand in some dirt really really fast.

#75 Posted by tensor (8108 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby said:

Unless you're bigger than the planet, pretty much any time you bust a planet it's via some indirect shockwave... If there isn't a shock wave then all you'd accomplish by like say, punching the planet, would be shoving your hand in some dirt really really fast.

What he means is making a direct contact with a planet as opposed to an indirect one. When you directly punch and bust a planet the point of impact is where all of it is concentrated and then expands from there, when you indirectly bust a planet that means only part of your power is actually doing the busting.

#77 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: Except that planets are really friggen large and the dirt is very lose and yields to the shock/strike. Directly striking the planet isn't going to make the shockwave travel through the entire planet any better than punching someone else on the planet. The difference is minuscule at best, at least when compared to the grand scheme of things.

#78 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Yea so clashing with someone mid air and blowing up a nearby planet as a result is gonna be much more impressive than directly hitting the planet itself.

#79 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: That depends entirely on how close you are to the planet... A strike will not spread throughout the planet through normal means. In order to bust a planet, you need to generate a shockwave capable of encompassing the entire planet. With a shockwave of that size, it really doesn’t matter if you directly strike the planet or not.

It really won’t make a difference if the shockwave has to travel through some air first. At least not relative to the amounts of force already being dealt wirh.

#80 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: It actually matters a lot because most of the damage comes from the point of impact the epicenter and if you bust something indirectly it's far more impressive than directly hitting it first.

It makes a ton of difference actually, simple physics.

#81 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: No, no... You’re problem is that you are trying to look at a planet as if it’s just one large, singular, solid object... That’s simply, not the case.. You think when you punch the ground it’s the same as punching the planet... It’s not. You’re just punching the dirt. The ground is about as much a part of the planet as the air is.

There is no direct strike, because there is no direct means of transfering energy from a fist sized object to the planet as a whole.

If I make a bomb capable of vaporizing the entire planet, do you really think it makes any difference if it’s laying on the ground, or placed 20 stories on top of a building?

#82 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Yes there is, directly hitting the planet and indirectly are 2 entirely different things.

Yes there is in comics, that's why we have seen characters destroy a planet with a punch and no actual shockwaves involved.

Yes actually it makes a lot of difference if you detonate for instance a nuke mid air or on the ground, obviously much more damage would be done to the ground when its directly.

I dunno why we are even having such a obvious discussion.

#83 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: But there is no directly hitting the planet, that’s what you aren’s understanding! Hitting the ground and acting like you have struck the planet, is like punching a wall and declaring you have punched New York!

Yes, but that’s a Nuke. What you aren’t understanding is scale. Detonating a Nuke in the sky and detonating it on the ground, makes a difference because the blast radius is small enough for there to be a noticeable difference. For a Nuke, being a 20 extra feet away won’t make a difference, but for a cherry bomb a few feet can save limbs.

When the bomb has a radius that encompasses the entire planet, exploding from 10 to 20 stories in the air isn’t going to make a relative difference. Key word being relative.

#84 Edited by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: When blowing up a planet with a punch that is exactly what you are doing.

Even if it was a planet busting nuke it would still make an obvious difference if it hit the planet and blew up or if it was detonated in the sky.

It still makes enough of a difference, shockwaves contain much less power than the point of impact and that power only diminishes the further the shockwave travels.

#85 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: No it’s not, because you aren’t punching the whole planet; unless you are flying straight through the Earth all the way down to it’s core... -_-

No, not a very noticeable one...

Yes, shockwaves contain much less power than the point of impact. But with a human sized object; the point of impact is so goddamn small relative to the planet that all you’d be hitting the planet with is the shockwave, regardless of whether or not you are punching the ground or punching a person in the air.

#86 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Yes you are, because that's what happens in the comics.

Yea pretty noticable.

We are not talking about regular humans here though, but super humans, so that goes out the window.

#87 Posted by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: No, what happens in comics is they hit things and it creates a massive shockwave.

I don’t think you understand how large the planet is compared to the distance of the sky.

Super humans, who are still human sized...

#88 Posted by FC_Tsukihanami (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

This girl's got better stuff tbh

#89 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: Not always, i know several examples where that doesn't happen.

I do understand.

Yes but it's fiction, i've seen human sized characters push planets which makes no sense because they would go straight through them but they don't somehow. So applying that level of real world logic doesn't really work.

#90 Posted by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: If a character pushes planets, we should treat it as them having some sort of secondary power that lets them do that. tbh

#91 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

@mylittlefascist: But they don't... We can't just assume they have some hidden power that's nowhere to be mentioned anywhere that specifically allows them to push a planet without going through it.

That's just pure speculation... i can't even count how many times Hulk has lifted something weighing a ridiculous amount without sinking into the ground and i know for a fact he has no power that stops him from sinking into the ground lol.

#92 Edited by Entoma (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there is WORLD breaker hulk

then there is STAR punch girl

now i know a lot about hulk (who i think is overrated imo) but by just looking at the names and some feats already posted about the star puncher, i am going to go with the little girl with this one

#93 Posted by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@entoma: To be fair, I am pretty sure both Star Man and Star Girl from DC comics would bet wrecked by Hulk...

#94 Posted by TheDEMON! (566 posts) - - Show Bio

@entoma: To be fair, I am pretty sure both Star Man and Star Girl from DC comics would bet wrecked by Hulk...

then why make this match unless this is a spite?

#95 Edited by MyLittleFascist (24411 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedemon_ said:
@mylittlefascist said:

then why make this match unless this is a spite?

What? He was making a comment about the names being indicators of who would win; so I pointed out how two, completely unrelated, characters with "star" in their names would lose to the Hulk.

#96 Posted by TheDEMON! (566 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Posted by Illuminated (742 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea and INVINCIBLE Iron man means that he is literally invincible because we take titles at face value.

#98 Posted by Entoma (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@illuminated: yea man, he could one punch hulk!

oh wait........

#99 Posted by GhostRavage (14823 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: @illuminated:

• Hulk died in the Dark Dimension, not because he wished for it nor because he died in the planetary obliteration. He died because he fought an equally powerful foe and they mutually murdered each other with an unspecified amount of force. What we do know for a fact is that Hulk and Red She Hulk were completely fine in the middle of the explosion that incinerated and disintegrated everything and everyone, meaning they were not affected by it to the point of killing them.
  • Moreover, Hulk most likely didn't wish for anything during the entirety of the story arc sans "curing his family" and the very last part where he saves everyone, both times silently, without saying a word about the wish nor wishing outloud, which Banner himself notes. Furthermore, during Incredible Hulks vol.1 #630 Amadeus Cho, Jen Walters and Banner came up with a very specific way to ask for wishes while avoiding the back-firing factor they come with... This means Hulk saying out-loud literally the wish he wants would never grant him what he asked for, meaning he didn't wish for anything in the obnoxiously over-cited speech bubbles where he claims everyone is going to die and fight some more. On top of it all, Dr. Strange and Di Comiso during Incredible Hulks vol.1 #633 theorized Hulk didn't actually wished for anything and got exactly what he wanted precisely because he didn't ask for anything personally, but let his enemies wish bad things for him. Finally, Tyrannus, who is 16 centuries old, confirmed the best course of action with the Wishing Well is to not wish for anything, which then agains sounds like something someone like Banner would exploit.

All in all, yes he died, not because of the factors mentioned here.

#100 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (5673 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: @illuminated:

• Hulk died in the Dark Dimension, not because he wished for it nor because he died in the planetary obliteration. He died because he fought an equally powerful foe and they mutually murdered each other with an unspecified amount of force. What we do know for a fact is that Hulk and Red She Hulk were completely fine in the middle of the explosion that incinerated and disintegrated everything and everyone, meaning they were not affected by it to the point of killing them.
  • Moreover, Hulk most likely didn't wish for anything during the entirety of the story arc sans "curing his family" and the very last part where he saves everyone, both times silently, without saying a word about the wish nor wishing outloud, which Banner himself notes. Furthermore, during Incredible Hulks vol.1 #630 Amadeus Cho, Jen Walters and Banner came up with a very specific way to ask for wishes while avoiding the back-firing factor they come with... This means Hulk saying out-loud literally the wish he wants would never grant him what he asked for, meaning he didn't wish for anything in the obnoxiously over-cited speech bubbles where he claims everyone is going to die and fight some more. On top of it all, Dr. Strange and Di Comiso during Incredible Hulks vol.1 #633 theorized Hulk didn't actually wished for anything and got exactly what he wanted precisely because he didn't ask for anything personally, but let his enemies wish bad things for him. Finally, Tyrannus, who is 16 centuries old, confirmed the best course of action with the Wishing Well is to not wish for anything, which then agains sounds like something someone like Banner would exploit.

All in all, yes he died, not because of the factors mentioned here.

Good post and thanks.