AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AValiantImge

Workshop Thread

This thread is to workshop Babylon Garden. This thread is not a sign ups this is is more gauging interest and making balance suggestions. Ask questions if you have them and please let me know if your interested.

RPG Sci-Fi Scenario: Babylon Garden

This is our world in the future exactly 3500 years into the future, an alternate timeline if you will. The United Planetary Colonies of the Galaxy or UPCG was formed when the first ships from Earth ventured into the galaxy and colonized hundreds of planets. Including asteroids & moons. The result of this was mankind learned that they were not alone. Encountering alien life and most importantly intelligent life. Mankind for the first time has meet and interacted with other intelligent life. The process of integration /co existing has gone harshly. There has been much tension between humans and the numerous alien species. Add to this the rise of what are known as psychics humans born with amazing powers such as the ability to manipulate energy or read minds. This continues to only add to the tension making the galaxy strife with unrest . In response the president of the UPCG has started a secret initiative to silence the leaders of many of the alien worlds. With many alien planets under the control of humans, talks of a revolt have sprung up. These rumors have some truth due to various terrorist attacks on UPCG installations. Mining stations, power planets, food production and of course political targets. Leading to the government declaring a state of marshall law until rebellion has been vanquished,

No Caption Provided

This is Babylon Garden the super prison in the northwest quadrant of the galaxy. Being well over the size of a small moon, it houses hundreds of thousands of criminals. Many of them vicious, bloodthirsty, and straight up psychopaths. It's where the UPCG sends its worst along with people who really shouldn't be there. Political strife has sent activists and those who say bad about the UPCG . Due to sheer size and scale of the prison its been made into a microstate. With different sectors and areas to it's build. Prisoners are sent here in exile to fend for themselves. Very little rules & regulations exist in Babylon leading to a near lawless land of chaos with gang wars and corruption. Your are the newest arrival.

Builds

Human

Not much else to say about them. Normal Humans. No powers, no implants, %100 human. Although some humans have harnessed what they claim to be "chi" however science has yet to recognize such energies as factual.

No Caption Provided

Body: 5 tons in strength and Durability. Mach 3 reactions at max. Subsonic Travel Speed Think Characters among the likes of Batman, Cpt America Ninjak, Nightwing etc. Mid Street Tiers

Skillset 1:

Powered/Normal Skillset : (Capped at boulder level )

Specific Skill:

Or

Two pieces of special Gear: (Capped at boulder level )

If picked the powered skill set becomes a second skill set.

Psychics

Humans that have evolved billions of years in an instant. These psychics have developed incredible powers such flight, energy manipulation, mind reading, and various other abilities

No Caption Provided

Body: Same as Human

Skillset 1:

Specific Skill:

Power: (Capped at boulder level )

Changelog: One Non Offensive Power

Cyborg/Robots

A taboo in UPCG territory. Humans who wished they had been gifted psychic powers opt for cybernetic implants to make up for it. Many mercenaries opt for cybernetics for more firepower. Along with cybernetic the rise in artificial intelligence have given rise to self thinking machines.

No Caption Provided

Body: 10 tons in strength and Durability. Mach 3 reactions at max. Mach 1 Travel Speed. Think characters like King Bradley, Luther Strode, Gorgon, Cassandra Cain etc. High street tiers

Skillset:

Specific Skill:

Integrated tech 1:(Capped at boulder level )

Alien

Coming in all shapes and sizes. Aliens refer to humanoid creatures with human levels of intelligence. Almost all aliens possess some kind power similar to human psychics.

No Caption Provided

Body: Same as above

Skillset:

Power: (Capped at boulder level )

Non Offense Power:

Rules for Classes

For Humans you don't have to pick a powered ability you can instead pick a (2) piece of gear.

Humans/Psy do not get any healing factors that come with the body nor do they get the senses. Only physical stats. (Ex: You picked Wolverine you would not get his HF, sense, adamantium skeleton nor his claws. Powered Skills are skills such as IronFist's chi.

The Same applies for Aliens.

For Cyborgs/Robots you get whatever tech already comes with the body. For Example you picked Robocop you would get access to every bit of tech in his body plus another integrated tech of you choosing.

Changelog: You only get whatever sensors came with the original body and integrated melee weapons (Ex; Arm blades)

Limits

• No reality warping
  • No time travel/time manipulation
  • No probability altering
  • No pheromones
  • Teleportation limited to one mile in distance
  • No cloning/duplication
  • No power stealing/copying/duplication
  • No insta-kill moves (tele-frag/death touch/etc)
  • No internal attacks (blood bending is an example)
  • No Mental Attacks ( Including attacks that target one's will etc)
  • Telepathy is mind reading only
  • Telekinesis cannot be above 10 tons and cannot be used against directly on players (NPCs is fine)
  • Stat amplification limited to 1.5x the limit for body (Powered Skill Only)
  • Same for Gear ^
  • Decapitation must be a K.O/Kill for healing factors.

Build Example

The Scranton Strangler

No Caption Provided

Name: Dwight Kurt Schrute

Bio

A beet farmer gone mad.

Crime: Strangled various individuals in the Scantron tristate area.

Captured by the legendary recyclops.

Race: Human

Body: Ron Swanson

Skillset: Dwight Kurt Schrute

Powered Skillset : Michael Scott

Specific Skill: Tom Haverford's charisma

For the Bio you must include the crime and how you were caught.

Changelog

Upper body limits down 10 tons Mach 3 from 10-15 Tons Mach 4

Moved non-offensive power to Psychics from Aliens.

Cyborgs/robots only get the sensors/integrated melee weapons that came with the OG body.

Humans when picking gear over a powered skillset keep the second skill set but it will be normal non powered skillset.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I’m getting tired of seeing make a build scenario

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: 15 tons/mach 4 physicals makes boulder busting powers nearly obsolete.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: be the change you want to see.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: you should join. It's always fun to have new players :)

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: would it better to limit strength ten tons and reactions to mach 3?

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: I'd rather lower the bulid limits.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: If I'm looking right, do the aliens have cyborg body limits, a skillset, a normal power, and then a non-offensive power as well? If that's right and I'm not dumb that seems like by far the most broken class. It's a straight upgrade on the psychic (better body and a power instead of a singular skill) and has arguably the most potential for versatility depending on how many abilities a single power or powered skill can get you.

On that topic, how many abilities can you get from one power or powered skill? Something like a character's magical abilities would potentially give someone dozens of abilities and with powered skillsets basically any wuxia skillset comes with just as many powers as well.

Also, what powers are available when talking "non-offensive powers?" Would things that don't deal straight-up physical damage but are super useful in fights like teleportation, mind-reading, precognition, etc be under that? That would make it even more broken as a class.

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AValiantImge

@just_banter said:

@avaliantimge: If I'm looking right, do the aliens have cyborg body limits, a skillset, a normal power, and then a non-offensive power as well? If that's right and I'm not dumb that seems like by far the most broken class. It's a straight upgrade on the psychic (better body and a power instead of a singular skill) and has arguably the most potential for versatility depending on how many abilities a single power or powered skill can get you.

On that topic, how many abilities can you get from one power or powered skill? Something like a character's magical abilities would potentially give someone dozens of abilities and with powered skillsets basically any wuxia skillset comes with just as many powers as well.

Also, what powers are available when talking "non-offensive powers?" Would things that don't deal straight-up physical damage but are super useful in fights like teleportation, mind-reading, precognition, etc be under that? That would make it even more broken as a class.

Hm would it better perhaps to move the non-offensive power to psychics? While Aliens keep the higher limits. And a single power? For abilities from powers Magic counts as a power and each spell counts as a singular power. Powered skillsets I was thinking of dealing with them on a case by case basis. As in allowing the powered skillset but not allowing every single thing it offers if it proves to provide way too much. Only a portion of the original.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: it sounds better. The stat difference alone is as good as a power so I’d be hesitant of stacking the alien too much. Psychics also seem to fit better with having multiple powers, anyway

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: if it were me I'd lower the build limits if you want things to stay around boulder busting.

I'd personally keep things around 5-10 tons and mach 2

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman said:

@avaliantimge: if it were me I'd lower the build limits if you want things to stay around boulder busting.

I'd personally keep things around 5-10 tons and mach 2

I'd keep the strength limits lower. For reactions I'd rather have it at mach 3 since I don't want a character to be disqualified for reacting to and or deflecting a mach 3 sniper round which is decently common among street levelers.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ManaMan

@avaliantimge: okay then I'd just fix that alien class. The alien has better stats and more powers. The classes with lower stats should have 2 powers and the high stats classes should have 1. Otherwise it's not balanced

Edit: I see you already did that. It looks good to me

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: yeah I just changed by that last night. I moved non offensive powers to psychics

Avatar image for deactivated-5f763ac0bf885
deactivated-5f763ac0bf885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 said:

What kind of scenario would you like to see then?

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: for humans what are you giving up to get the 2 pieces of gear? It's not clear

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: you give up a powered skill set for gear.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: If a human were to take as an example Generator Rex or Bloodshot's nanites as a gear, would they then be a cyborg, or is that just not allowed?

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: with gear do you get the characters knowledge of how to use it? For example I'm thinking of a piece of gear that has some pretty cool effects but it requires advanced knowledge in chemistry to use. Would I be able to use it like the actual character or would I need to work chemistry knowledge into my build?

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: If a human were to take as an example Generator Rex or Bloodshot's nanites as a gear, would they then be a cyborg, or is that just not allowed?

Its a bit of a grey area but they'd still be considered human.

@manaman said:

@avaliantimge: with gear do you get the characters knowledge of how to use it? For example I'm thinking of a piece of gear that has some pretty cool effects but it requires advanced knowledge in chemistry to use. Would I be able to use it like the actual character or would I need to work chemistry knowledge into my build?

You need to work in chemistry knowledge into your build.

OldKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this seems cool

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade545 said:
@smxlr8 said:

What kind of scenario would you like to see then?

If I remember right from the past. She wants a scenario where everyone just picks a character from fiction to play as. However I feel like instead of complaining about the current scenarios which won't solve anything she needs to either make her own or find somebody to create one like she wants.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@seagod: I’m not complaining just bored

I also don’t have time to make one right now so I was hoping for someone to do something different

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avaliantimge: if you take a suit of armor as a piece of gear will there be lots opportunities to modify and work on the armor?

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman said:

@avaliantimge: if you take a suit of armor as a piece of gear will there be lots opportunities to modify and work on the armor?

Yes. There will be opportunities to do so. But you will have to find them. And the modifications have to come from somewhere ( Ex: upgrading a suit with X from A series). And you'd have to prove/show that your character's skillset would enable them to do so.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ManaMan

@avaliantimge: when do you plan to start this? ETs scenario is over so there is room for a new one

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5f88bc0ec7a4f
deactivated-5f88bc0ec7a4f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag when the signups start this looks pretty interesting. @avaliantimge

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh wow this looks fun i haven't been on the vine in a while. looks right up my alley. guess its time to come back!

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AValiantImge

@manaman said:@avaliantimge: when do you plan to start this? ETs scenario is over so there is room for a new one

Tonight or Tomorrow, for sign ups to officially start and then a week or two until it goes ahead and begins.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah tag me as well when it starts thanks